Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Yes sir

Best news of day

It was about time because I think he simply got tuned out by the players

I think rumors about Luka and him were true and they just tried to keep it under the rug
And this makes it kinda annoying that everyone blames this all on Cuban.

Rick and Donnie had their own hands firmly on the self destruct button. If it wasn't going to happen this summer, then next summer for sure if the team didn't do well.

I mean shit, Cuban was INSANELY loyal to them through thick and thin. If you want to blame Cuban for anything, I think it would be that he held onto them for too long.

All of this happening at once is a lot to take it, but it's actually not all the surprising when you think about it.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:25 PM   #2
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
And this makes it kinda annoying that everyone blames this all on Cuban.

Rick and Donnie had their own hands firmly on the self destruct button. If it wasn't going to happen this summer, then next summer for sure if the team didn't do well.

I mean shit, Cuban was INSANELY loyal to them through thick and thin. If you want to blame Cuban for anything, I think it would be that he held onto them for too long.

All of this happening at once is a lot to take it, but it's actually not all the surprising when you think about it.
I don't disagree, but there's also another option - Cuban was not only loyal to them, but he might have felt that way more strongly because, in hindsight, he may feel like he sabotaged them both in the past. We know he has undercut decisions in the past, so don't underestimate the impact of that guilt.

Last edited by turin; 06-17-2021 at 04:25 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #3
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more worried about Cuban and Shadow Bob. If the situation was bad enough that RC has left, when he has said many times he wanted to stay here... Even with the Luka friction I just didn't see this coming from RC's side. I could see Cuban letting Rick go but for Rick to be the one to walk away is a red flag to me.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:12 PM   #4
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm more worried about Cuban and Shadow Bob. If the situation was bad enough that RC has left, when he has said many times he wanted to stay here... Even with the Luka friction I just didn't see this coming from RC's side. I could see Cuban letting Rick go but for Rick to be the one to walk away is a red flag to me.
Exactly.

I wanted Carlisle gone as well, but for it to happen after Cuban explicitly said he would remain is a major red flag.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:14 PM   #5
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
RC was smart to leave now. With Donnie gone, the MBT is no longer, and RC is now accountable immediately. All he had to do was to look around at the talent on the roster and the draft picks and then look at other possibilities. Milwaukee sure must be looking good after going down 3-2. The earlier RC frees himself up, the more, better opportunities will be available. He's going to be rated #1 or close on almost anybody else's list. I wish him the best moving forward, but I'm glad he's gone.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:31 PM   #6
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
That's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:20 PM   #7
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Not surprising. Mavs needed a fresh start from the ground up. All the Carlisle haters get their wish.

I was on the fence about him being gone because I do think Donnie is more to blame, but now we can get a coach that fits with Luka.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:21 PM   #8
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-17-2021, 03:21 PM   #9
Fuzz

Fuzz will become famous soon enoughFuzz will become famous soon enough

I'm aware that the way the media people frame this might not be reality but surely there is a bit of a storm brewing if Rick decided to quit. What implications did Donnie's firing have in his decision? Is that Bob dude truly gone?

Or it could be that Rick sees a new GM incoming and most GMs like to bring their own personnel and could mean a new coach. Maybe Rick didn't want to go through that "evaluation" phase bc he knows a shitty season and he would be the first one out?

I was prepared for a change, but all of this change seems fast. All I know is that the only thing that matters is that this was ALL run by Luka by Cuban. ALL of it. Luka would need to sign off on anything.

Last edited by Fuzz; 06-17-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:23 PM   #10
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm aware that the way the media people frame this might not be reality but surely there is a bit of a storm brewing if Rick decided to quit. What implications did Donnie's firing have in his decision? Is that Bob dude truly gone?

Or it could be that Rick sees a new GM incoming and most GMs like to bring their own personnel and could mean a new coach. Maybe Rick didn't want to go through that "evaluation" phase bc he knows a shitty season and he would be the first one out?

I was prepared for a change, but all of this change seems fast. All I know is that the only thing that matters is that this was ALL run by Luka by Cuban. ALL of it. Luka would need to sign off on anything.
My prayer is Ujiri has said he would join if he can bring his own coach and staff in.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:22 PM   #11
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

I am telling you that if you don't think the fact that Phoenix and Atlanta is not bothering Cuban then you are in denial. Cato mentions this in his piece. Our pets heads are falling off..
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:29 PM   #12
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I am telling you that if you don't think the fact that Phoenix and Atlanta is not bothering Cuban then you are in denial. Cato mentions this in his piece. Our pets heads are falling off..
Well they fucked it up in 2019. That was the offseason that could have changed everything. Instead, they thought Seth Curry and Delon Wright was going to make us a contender.

Everything started brewing hot from then on. Simply can't waste opportunities like that in such a cut throat league.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:29 PM   #13
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

So on one hand....I would've never gotten rid of Carlisle.....

But I think its probably for the best.

I think its time for a restart.

I'd tear the team up as well the best I possibly can.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:36 PM   #14
Fuzz

Fuzz will become famous soon enoughFuzz will become famous soon enough

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/st...5Es1_&ref_url=
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:40 PM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

And this isn't the first player that hasn't gotten along with Rick.

Everyone focuses so much of their time on the Cuban power struggle when in reality everything revolves around Luka now. He is the de facto guy in charge.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-17-2021 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:55 PM   #16
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Everyone focuses so much of their time on the Cuban power struggle when in reality everything revolves around Luka now. He is the de facto guy in charge.

yep this goes back to Marion, Haywood, Rondo and even Kidd at times had issues with RC early on.

I've been saying for a long time this team just simply needed new voice in the locker room

RC might have just wore out his welcome....

Doesn't mean he's not a good coach. But his style doesn't work with all players especially today
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:03 PM   #17
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Quote:
yep this goes back to Marion, Haywood, Rondo and even Kidd at times had issues with RC early on.

I've been saying for a long time this team just simply needed new voice in the locker room

Doesn't mean he's not a good coach. But his style doesn't work with all players especially today
Cuban actually eluded to this a bit before the playoffs started when appearing on the The Ticket in Dallas. He said, "These young players consume info and instructions so much differently than they used to. Times have changed and we must changed with them."

I really do think his comments were targeted at Carlisle.
Old 06-17-2021, 04:04 PM   #18
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wore out his welcome seems like the opposite of RC deciding to leave. Unless I misunderstand that old phrase.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:10 PM   #19
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wore out his welcome seems like the opposite of RC deciding to leave. Unless I misunderstand that old phrase.
writting was on the wall

players had issues with him mainly Luka so to me that means he wore out his welcome

I'm just glad they finally cleaned house and got rid of all the we love our boys in blue crew

Ready for change hopefully it's Mosely, Jackson or even Casey if possible
Old 06-17-2021, 04:34 PM   #20
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:

I've long thought that RC was an issue for players. I'm hoping that a complete organizational refresh will have players looking at the Mavs in a fresh light. Granted, Cuban is still the owner, but that's not going to change.
Old 06-17-2021, 03:37 PM   #21
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, ok then. I leave technology for an hour and OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

Old 06-17-2021, 03:44 PM   #22
washedklean77

washedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to allwashedklean77 is a name known to all

Bring on Mark Jackson. He's great at managing egos, is well liked around the league and can help attract free agents. That's if this is okay with Luka. :-)
Old 06-17-2021, 03:51 PM   #23
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by washedklean77 View Post
Bring on Mark Jackson. He's great at managing egos, is well liked around the league and can help attract free agents. That's if this is okay with Luka. :-)
I love this option or Dwayne Casey

Mavs need someone who can light a fire in the players and get them to also play some damn defense for once
Old 06-17-2021, 04:17 PM   #24
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I love this option or Dwayne Casey

Mavs need someone who can light a fire in the players and get them to also play some damn defense for once
Casey signed an extension with Detroit.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:50 PM   #25
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Welp so much for the rumors not being true

So many said it just B.S.

Where's there's smoke there's fire
Old 06-17-2021, 04:49 PM   #26
SMC0007
Guru

Pablo Laso to the rescue. In all seriousness, I agree with the sentiment that the shake up was needed. There seems to be some quality options to fill the gaps we need. I doubt Cuban fvcks this up. It's make or break for his rep with all the true MFFLs.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #27
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Good talk about Bob on the Lowe Post too. Really good stuff

Apparently, Bob wanted the Mavs to trade up for Halliburton. Tim then says Bob is “incredibly arrogant”

From DallasMavsWorld Twitter
Old 06-17-2021, 04:59 PM   #28
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post

Apparently, Bob wanted the Mavs to trade up for Halliburton. Tim then says Bob is “incredibly arrogant”

Well from Locked on pod they said he, on his own twitter, talks about how he's smarter then GM's. So yeah I think he's extremely arrogant. He also was the driving force behind getting Delon Wright.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:45 PM   #29
Some Guy

Some Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to allSome Guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Well from Locked on pod they said he, on his own twitter, talks about how he's smarter then GM's. So yeah I think he's extremely arrogant. He also was the driving force behind getting Delon Wright.
Was he also responsible for this year's draft, which everyone keeps complaining about? If he's still with the team (is that why Carlisle left?), then why is everyone so happy?
Old 06-17-2021, 05:53 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
Was he also responsible for this year's draft, which everyone keeps complaining about? If he's still with the team (is that why Carlisle left?), then why is everyone so happy?
People are happy Carlisle left because the grass is always greener on the other side to some. Yes, this could possibly work out but it is highly likely that the Mavs have taken a step back the past couple of days. Even if they do take a step back, a worse collection of talent can be overcome by a superstar that has a lot of people around the league that’ll want to play with him. That’s what makes the NBA different than other major sports. You don’t have to have the best GM or coach at times if you have generational talent in place.

Last edited by Murphy3; 06-17-2021 at 05:54 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 04:59 PM   #31
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

I dreamt of Haliburton too. I thought he was a lock to contribute immediately and would end up being all-star caliber.

The Lowe post? Have a link? I wanna read/hear it.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:15 PM   #32
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
I dreamt of Haliburton too. I thought he was a lock to contribute immediately and would end up being all-star caliber.

The Lowe post? Have a link? I wanna read/hear it.
https://www.espn.com/radio/play/_/id/31654254
Old 06-17-2021, 05:21 PM   #33
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Thanks mate!

Old 06-17-2021, 06:21 PM   #34
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
That was very good. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2021, 06:52 PM   #35
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This was really good. A deeper conversation on all the things we’ve been discussing the last few years.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:34 PM   #36
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

So do we really have any confirmation that Bob is actually gone? I know his contact is up. I wonder if this Forde dude could have been his recommendation? It doesn’t sound like Luka had any input or idea about the Donnie firing, and it sounds like Rick just up and quit on his own.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:18 PM   #37
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

Quote:

Jesus christ Halliburton would been a glorious draft pick size shooting wise
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:20 PM   #38
SMC0007
Guru

Has anyone heard this before?? No idea if it's true.
https://twitter.com/AzazNYK/status/1...552568832?s=19

Luka yelled at Carlisle in the middle of a game once “who’s in charge, you or Bob?”

Old 06-17-2021, 05:21 PM   #39
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:

Luka yelled at Carlisle in the middle of a game once “who’s in charge, you or Bob?”
Tmac talks about it in the lowe pod.
Old 06-17-2021, 05:30 PM   #40
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:

Yeah this whole thing needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. This better mean that Bob is gone.

Tags
jack.kerr aucks