Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #401
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Good point. It shouldn't be so hard when it's Stack and Howard. The kid needs some minutes here. He needs to give us a youth infusion! We need to cut ties with that Benedict Arnold Devean George and go with the future movement!!
Haha!

But I agree, Wright needs to get some PT... real playing time. Not garbage minutes. How can he build his confidence when he only sees the court during blowouts? He's quite a cerebral player. He doesn't make a lot of errors on the court. He knows when to drive and when to pull up for a jumper. He never forced his shot in NJ. He would occasionally try to hit a 3. If he's feeling it, he can hit 3 in a row. But if he is off, he tries to attack the basket. Plus, his defense is very solid. He also is an underrated passer.

At this point, he isn't a great player ... but he has the potential to be a good role player right now.

Oh well. At least tonight, he got some burn early. I hope this is the start.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 PM   #402
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope tonight was not an one-time thing or a blurb comes up saying "George gets hurt, minutes were limited" type of crap. Avery hopefully learned something and Wright is the way to go.

It'd be fun to think ahead with Wright and Reyshawn Terry on board....nice
Old 03-25-2008, 11:20 PM   #403
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty55555
Haha!

But I agree, Wright needs to get some PT... real playing time. Not garbage minutes. How can he build his confidence when he only sees the court during blowouts? He's quite a cerebral player. He doesn't make a lot of errors on the court. He knows when to drive and when to pull up for a jumper. He never forced his shot in NJ. He would occasionally try to hit a 3. If he's feeling it, he can hit 3 in a row. But if he is off, he tries to attack the basket. Plus, his defense is very solid. He also is an underrated passer.
That really seems like a cerebral player. He knows his strengths, knows the weaknesses and can adapt to what he can do vs what the defense is giving him. I think the passing would be something that really comes out with him. I was really impressed in the....Knicks game, I think, where he had some pretty savvy passes. It really showed off the court vision while he was attacking the lane.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:21 PM   #404
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well...since George was at one time touted as the Dirk backup, I'm a lot more excited about a real two--since that is the position we are DYING for--playing minutes than I am George.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #405
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. Trust me, Ortegal knows EXACTLY what he is doing.
How do you know? Are you a midget?
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:36 PM   #406
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
How do you know? Are you a midget?
You're pretty good at being sort of a charmless dick, but you're not at all good at being clever. Just so you know.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #407
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
That really seems like a cerebral player. He knows his strengths, knows the weaknesses and can adapt to what he can do vs what the defense is giving him. I think the passing would be something that really comes out with him. I was really impressed in the....Knicks game, I think, where he had some pretty savvy passes. It really showed off the court vision while he was attacking the lane.
Yes, he doesn't force the issue. Occasionally, he may make mistakes any young player would make. He isn't a great player right now, not by a long shot. But he has the potential to be good.

As I've mentioned in another thread (when the trade was done), he was drafted by NJ for his shooting. He hasn't quiet been that shooting threat everyone hoped/expected he would be. Not yet. However, he has shown other aspects of his game like attacking the basket and being a decent defender. He has had some success defending the likes of Kobe, Lebron, Arenas and Rip to name a few. He is by no means a lock-down defender yet. But he is a good one right now. I feel he can really help the Mavs in that regard, if he is given the chance.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #408
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I just got back from school. Wow! Damp with 19 and 17 rebs? Mavericks stepping up? Proving haters and doubters wrong? That's what I'm talking about!!!

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:08 AM   #409
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

I agree! Antoine Wright should get some more minutes! I think he's something else. He can bring something to this team. Am I the only one who thinks like this?

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:28 AM   #410
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're pretty good at being sort of a charmless dick, but you're not at all good at being clever. Just so you know.
Ouch. Speak for yourself. I had no idea we were enemies.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote