Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

102-87.

Suck it flaker bitches.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #402
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Good times. . . 1ST PLACE BABY!!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #403
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFunk
what were all those comments about phil jackson about? I didn't have it on tv here in sacramento
He took a delay of game technical for his team not taking the floor in a timely manner after the timeout. It was meant to show the refs up. And on that count, I'm sure it worked.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #404
KFunk

KFunk will become famous soon enough

edit

Last edited by KFunk; 02-07-2006 at 11:12 PM.
KFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #405
Drbio
Banned

nice edit...
Old 02-07-2006, 11:16 PM   #406
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
ok I seriously respect Phil Jackson for that

that takes effing balls

(not to mention he coached my Jordan-led Chicago Bulls in the 90's... they were my favorite team until Jordan retired)
Are you serious? It takes "effing balls" to act like a pathetic two year old child? Sorry, but I disagree. His actions were pathetic. What a great example to your players. "Huddle up guys. Let's act like we don't hear this whistle. Maybe if we don't see them, they won't be able to see us." Disgusting.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.

Last edited by raefformvp; 02-07-2006 at 11:16 PM.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #407
KFunk

KFunk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
nice edit...
well right after it posted i noticed that right above it my question had been answered. and since there's no delete button... that was the next best option
KFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #408
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
Are you serious? It takes "effing balls" to act like a pathetic two year old child? Sorry, but I disagree. His actions were pathetic. What a great example to your players. "Huddle up guys. Let's act like we don't hear this whistle. Maybe if we don't see them, they won't be able to see us." Disgusting.

I agree raef. That was a no class move by a piece of crap individual.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #409
VinceYoung10

VinceYoung10 will become famous soon enough

pathetic ending for the pathetic lakers.
VinceYoung10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:24 PM   #410
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

Great to see Kobe get shut down. I give a lot of the credit to Adrian Griffin. Also Devin Harris was a nice changeup to throw at Kobe once Kobe was doing more on the dribble.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #411
Drbio
Banned

Griff has stopped kobe several times before. Nice to see AJ use him in that manner.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:32 PM   #412
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Griff is the Kobe stopper.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #413
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I thought Josh did a nice job on Kobe as well. Not to mention, Josh was the laker-killer today with his drives to the basket.

Last edited by jleefilled; 02-07-2006 at 11:46 PM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #414
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp

But seriously, wouldn't it be funny if Jackson actually said "Maybe if we don't see them, they won't be able to see us?"
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:53 PM   #415
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

12 wins in a row. Best in the West, son, what?! Of course, San Antonio plays Toronto tomorrow and they've had nearly a week off, so I'm guessing they'll be 1st in the West by the end of the night. But it doesn't matter, because the Mavericks ARE the best team in the west. To top it off, Detroit lost to Atlanta today, which puts them what, a game and a half ahead of us??

BTW, did anyone see Greg Anthony, Stephen A. and those other morons on NBA coast-to-coast giving the Mavs some love? I thought it was pretty funny listening to them say the same things about three fourths of the way through the season that I was saying before the season started. Oh well, better late than never, I suppose.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #416
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
12 wins in a row. Best in the West, son, what?! Of course, San Antonio plays Toronto tomorrow and they've had nearly a week off, so I'm guessing they'll be 1st in the West by the end of the night. But it doesn't matter, because the Mavericks ARE the best team in the west. To top it off, Detroit lost to Atlanta today, which puts them what, a game and a half ahead of us??
FWIW TD has the flu and was held out of practice today...he's listed as questionable.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #417
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Sweetness!! Absolute sweetness. Lot's o' fun shutting up the lakers fans tonight. Lot's o' fun...
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:13 AM   #418
Drbio
Banned

I wonder where all the lame laker trolls are tonight?

They usually show up about a minute after the game? I wonder what could have possibly happened?

hahahaha.....losers.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:18 AM   #419
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Back from the bar...

Hope you guys enjoyed that one as much as me, the wife, and the table of spurs fans sitting next to us did.

The look on the rapist's face at the end of the 4th was priceless. You could tell he just wanted to get back to the hotel and take out some of his aggression.

What a great win. Let's keep this streak going.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:03 AM   #420
diop it like its hot

diop it like its hot will become famous soon enoughdiop it like its hot will become famous soon enough

KOBE IS A BEEYAAATCH!!!!!
diop it like its hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:15 AM   #421
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Back from the bar...

Hope you guys enjoyed that one as much as me, the wife, and the table of spurs fans sitting next to us did.

The look on the rapist's face at the end of the 4th was priceless. You could tell he just wanted to get back to the hotel and take out some of his aggression.

What a great win. Let's keep this streak going.
I know he was aquitted, but those girls need to watch out by the hotel tonight.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:29 AM   #422
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Griff is the Kobe stopper.
THE Kobe stopper. and he could not be more humble...dang, class just oozes out of that guy.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:36 AM   #423
Jet Terry

Jet Terry will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Terry
Prediction: Mavs win 100-83.
close enough I say. Anyways great win for the mavs again. Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.

Last edited by Jet Terry; 02-08-2006 at 01:36 AM.
Jet Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:37 AM   #424
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Terry
close enough I say. Anyways great win for the mavs again. Sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.
I forgive you....of course I just got here....but hey

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:53 AM   #425
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
THE Kobe stopper. and he could not be more humble...dang, class just oozes out of that guy.
Humble is a good word. That describes several of the players on this team. I think it starts at the top with Avery to the captain, Dirk, and trickles down to several of the players. Good quality to have.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:03 AM   #426
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

SPECIAL MIDWEEK EDITION Dozen matter: Mavs rising
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

DALLAS -- Five days before Christmas, Kobe Bryant had 62 points in three quarters for the Dallas Mavericks.

After Tuesday's night's rematch, Bryant had only advice for the Mavs.

"Screw 'em," Kobe said.

"If I'm Dirk or Avery," he continued, "I don't even listen to that stuff."

That stuff is the annual skepticism, derision and punking that specifically greeted these Mavs, this term, as soon as Bryant uncorked those 62 points on Dec. 20.

Yet when he isn't going for 62 or 81 or whatever his offensive ceiling is, Bryant is also a bit of an expert at tuning out the naysayers. So maybe that's why Kobe -- even though dissing Dallas is a virtual Laker tradition with Phil Jackson in charge -- felt compelled to offer a rare bit of encouragement to his conquerors after a gamelong Mavericks swarm forced the ball out of his hands, gradually sapped the energy from his legs and played an undeniable role in a 5-for-22 shooting struggle that left No. 8 with just 24 points in the Los Angeles Lakers' 102-87 defeat.

It turned out to be a pretty rich Tuesday for Mark Cuban and his Mavericks. They got off the floor with Bryant scoring four points fewer than Brian Cook, after first finding out during the halftime break that Detroit had dropped even closer to the NBA surface with its third loss in five games -- in Atlanta! -- to make that Power Rankings guy look pretty foolish.

Chances are there won't be a national rush of praise for the Mavericks even after they reasonably smothered Bryant and stretched the longest win streak in the league to 12, especially since the hosts blew an early 20-point lead and actually had to win the game twice. Yet Bryant's counsel is to ignore the reaction regardless. Negative or even positive.

"Who cares?" Kobe said. "This team, you can tell, makes a much more concerted effort to play defense, and I think that starts with [coach] Avery Johnson. It's clear they have a strategy that everybody's in tune with. That's the big difference from the [Dallas] teams in the past. Until the playoffs, they shouldn't be wasting time even thinking about [national perception]."

Truth is, they aren't. Even as the Mavericks rack up numbers this franchise has never seen -- holding all 12 foes during this unbeaten run under 100 points to establish a club record -- they're obsessed down here with doing these things in the playoffs for once. They don't want bouquets in February. Not even on Valentine's Day and not even from Bryant.

The Mavericks were obviously motivated here to respond to their December humiliation, but they won't dwell on it because Johnson won't let them. After every big win, he's the first to remind them that they've achieved nothing. Johnson also knows that, for all his commitment to defensive improvement on the practice court and in the film room, Dallas has actually been able to establish its own 65-win pace because of its offense.

Better shot selection and a higher shooting percentage have reduced the number of possessions opponents get. The Mavs, under Don Nelson, were instructed to take the first open shot they could find, leaving their defense on the field far too often (for those of you who like you American football analogies). These Mavs still score 100, but without opening themselves up for so much punishment. It also doesn't hurt that their best athletes (Josh Howard, Devin Harris and Marquis Daniels) have seized bigger roles to supplement some serious bench firepower (Jerry Stackhouse and Keith Van Horn) and the surprise newcomers (DeSagana Diop and Adrian Griffin) who provide dirty work and defensive quality.

These Mavericks also have a coach who mentions "hard fouls" so often in his media sessions that you'd think it was a separate category in the box score. You still don't know some nights if Johnson's players are prepared to dole them out -- like, say, five nights before Christmas -- but perhaps Bryant isn't only one in this league in the midst of a transformation.

Kobe's popularity has rebounded dramatically in the weeks since Sixty-Two and especially Eighty-One, to the point that even he admitted surprise during his Dallas stop with how high his All-Star vote totals were. But maybe it's time to look at the other side. The Mavericks, after all, haven't exactly folded since their Dec. 20 surrender.

"You can't change your reputation in the regular season," said Dirk Nowitzki, unmoved by Dallas' own gaudy numbers, as in 38-10.

"It just doesn't happen. We could win the next 40 games or whatever's left [in the regular season] and our reputation probably still wouldn't change. We know we have to do this in the playoffs."
Old 02-08-2006, 08:52 AM   #427
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Smile

Originally posted by Birdsanctuary:
Mavs hold Kobe to 24... Mavs smokem' 109-91!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexNBA
Kobe has only 24 yet they still score 91? that would be terrible
Hex, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then?

Kobe - 24
Mavs 102- Kobe and Co. 87
Old 02-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #428
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

I e-mailed Cuban and he confirmed, in fact, that he does NOT sign Brian Cook's paychecks
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote