Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #401
DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy will become famous soon enough

They might as well just beat Dirk up... The refs aren't calling anything!
DragonCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #402
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs have been DESPERATE this entire half for a perimeter threat.

We better see some KVH in the second half.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:28 PM   #403
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish the fuck the game would be called similarly from one game to another... One game, you can bend a guy over and rape him in the ass. The next game, you breath on him and it's a flagrant foul.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #404
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie
NO Dirk = we're finished!
finished at halftime...come on
Old 06-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #405
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Fuck the first half. I believe this team will bounce back.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #406
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Yawn.. I took a chill pill a long time ago.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:29 PM   #407
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light

I don't like Dirk falling all over the place in an attempt to get a call, but at the same time, you know if Wade had done that he would've gotten the benefit of the doubt.

Did Stack jump from outside the three point line? Down 10 after this first half isn't too bad, actually.
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #408
NXperience

NXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to allNXperience is a name known to all

It's sad to see the Heat "dominating" us with Shaq being a non factor
NXperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #409
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope Del Harris can earn his paycheck at halftime.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #410
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
Dirk is a choke job? you piece of shit, this team wouldn't be sniffing the second round..and probably not the playoffs if the choker wasn't on the team.

Get an f'ing clue and get back with me..piece of shit.
I feel like i'm in nerd heaven here. I know Dirk got us here, and so did Wade for the Heat. Where is Dirk when we need him?
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #411
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

It really looks like Steve Kerr was right. The Mavs shouldn't have made any adjustments except maybe guarding Wade for this game. He probably shouldn't have started Devin tonight and went out there with the same lineup.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #412
DragonCowboy

Guys, calm down, it's ok.

At worst, we'll be 2-2.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #413
bigdgridiron

bigdgridiron has a spectacular aura aboutbigdgridiron has a spectacular aura about

If Stack hits this, we go to the lockerroom down by 10...we went in down by 9 in game 3...we then led by 13 in the 2nd half...

I'm not worried about erasing this lead...I'm more concerned in making sure they don't piss away the 13 point lead again in the 2nd half...
bigdgridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #414
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Well, hopefully the Mavs play better. Mavs need to double Wade and be more aggressive.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #415
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping
Fuck the first half. I believe this team will bounce back.
me too
Old 06-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #416
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

They look awful. Dirk looks awful.

Four bad starts. 3 poor games.

Let's see where this goes.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #417
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Im so sick of the fucking media bringing up the damn knee problems with Wade, he's not injured you assholes. Jesus.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:32 PM   #418
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdgridiron
If Stack hits this, we go to the lockerroom down by 10...we went in down by 9 in game 3...we then led by 13 in the 2nd half...

I'm not worried about erasing this lead...I'm more concerned in making sure they don't piss away the 13 point lead again in the 2nd half...
Your post gave me a great big smile. Hope you are right.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 PM   #419
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie
I feel like i'm in nerd heaven here. I know Dirk got us here, and so did Wade for the Heat. Where is Dirk when we need him?
obviously his shot is not falling, he went to the line 9times in the first half...which is a good adjustment. wade is hot...and as far as i'm concerned you judge players after 48min...we need dirk in the second half,lets see
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 PM   #420
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

We need to play zone for the rest of the game. We need Dirk to go underneath and keep trying to hammer it to the hole. We need Josh to slash to the basket. And we need to tell Damp that in the 3rd and 4th quarter, we need an Alonzo type foul on Wade.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 PM   #421
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

It is hard to look good when you're getting pistol whipped on every play and Zo is pushing you in the back...on every single f'in play and the refs aren't calling anything. But the Mavs were down 9 on Tues and had a great 3rd quarter. They're down 10 now...hopefully they can pull it out.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:33 PM   #422
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Any words in AAC? Any bandwagonners burned down the building yet?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #423
DragonCowboy

Dallas just needs to be a bit more aggressive on Defense. We know that we're getting called for breathing on people, while Alonzo the Thug can just knock everybody down, but we just gotta keep our heads up, come out with a fire, and take it to them.

We just need aggression. On Defense, we're backing off too much, and on Offense, we're not taking it to the basket enough. Yes, Alonzo is blocking everything we put up there, but we just have to keep attacking, and eventually they'll reach their slump, and we'll start to climb out.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #424
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The Mavs are not going to be ahead of many teams going into halftime when Howard, and Dirk shoot for a combined 3-16..

The fact we're only 10 down is somewhat remarkable considering Wade looks like Jordan while no Maverick is playing good basketball as of yet.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:34 PM   #425
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Hey did you know that you are allowed to block Dirk's shot cleanly then come down with your arm with only one intent, to hurt Dirk, and not have a flagrant called?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #426
g30hd3

g30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the roughg30hd3 is a jewel in the rough

Seriously, no calls for Dirk at all. These refs have been drinking a bit too much Hatorade...

Last edited by g30hd3; 06-15-2006 at 09:35 PM.
g30hd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #427
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

I am sure the media will do a 180 on the Mavs now. "Well, I am taking the Heat in 7 games now"
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:35 PM   #428
bigdgridiron

bigdgridiron has a spectacular aura aboutbigdgridiron has a spectacular aura about

I hate bitching about the refs...but I'm still trying to figure out how there was no foul called when Dirk got mugged and lost the ball the possession before Stack hit the foul shots...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #429
DragonCowboy

Some more Wade love coming up here...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #430
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Heat 12-0 when leading at halftime this postseason.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #431
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

I'm skipping the halftine show and watching king of queens.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #432
mattyd
Banned

mattyd is on a distinguished road

Mike Breen, Dan Patrick, Michael Wilbon, Stu Scott, and Marc Jackson shouldn't be calling a Special Olympics telecast, let alone the freakin' NBA finals.
mattyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #433
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member

Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold

And I made enough money to buy Miami but I pissed away so fast. Never meant to last. Never meant to last.

Dallas needs to stop listening to Buffet.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:36 PM   #434
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

It's Dirk time now. It's time for Dirk to take it upon himself and say f you to the rest of his teammates, and will us to a win. This is how championships are won. We need someone to take over like Wade is doing for their team.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #435
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL
About to be 12-1. That mofo record is going down.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #436
DragonCowboy

Quote:
Well we were 23-0 when JHo scored 20...until...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #437
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdgridiron
I hate bitching about the refs...but I'm still trying to figure out how there was no foul called when Dirk got mugged and lost the ball the possession before Stack hit the foul shots...
That was a low point for the refs tonight.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #438
bigdgridiron

Quote:
Mavs were 999,999 - 0 when Howard scores 20...

He scored 20 in game 3...Mavs lost...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #439
DirkGoesNuclear

DirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura aboutDirkGoesNuclear has a spectacular aura about

KVH's playing defense worse than a sieve.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #440
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

guys remember...

THEY HAVE TO WIN IN DALLAS.

worst case scenerio we go into the finals down 3-2... we will win game 6 at home, and then its a grindfest. dirk is proven in game 7s... we got this still.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote