Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #401
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
"As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?"
Funny I just got around to watching this movie over the weekend.

The Mist

You put the "suck" in "liposuction" You put the "ooo" in "jiu-jitsu" You put the "ism" in "This is all just a defense mechanism".
Old 06-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #402
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
...You put the "suck" in "liposuction" You put the "ooo" in "jiu-jitsu" You put the "ism" in "This is all just a defense mechanism".
i know this one....

...just can't think of it....

crap.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:45 PM   #403
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
i know this one....

...just can't think of it....

crap.
I'll give another hint.....
It was the start of these "Blank" movies, and was suprisingly better than I expected.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #404
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Not Another Teen Movie

(I cheated - my friend answered it...)

"You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you! He never wanted you! In all probability, he hates you!"

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:55 PM   #405
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

The Italian Job

"I sense great fear in him"
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #406
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
The Italian Job

WRONG

Guess again:

"You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you! He never wanted you! In all probability, he hates you!"

Last edited by Underdog; 06-12-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:51 PM   #407
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Sorry, how about

Fight Club

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #408
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The Phantom Menace?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #409
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm right, how about,

"W ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN B C!"

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 AM   #410
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
If I'm right, how about,

"W ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN B C!"
If you are right Private Parts.

That's a very nice hat you're wearing... and I don't mean that in an Eddie Haskell kind of way.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #411
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
If you are right Private Parts.

That's a very nice hat you're wearing... and I don't mean that in an Eddie Haskell kind of way.
Singles

(that movie reminds me of every ex-girlfriend I had in high school)

"Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam."

Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #412
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Singles

(that movie reminds me of every ex-girlfriend I had in high school)

"Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam."

Uncle Buck

"Here come the local pubescent proles. The future plumbers, shop assistants, and doubtless the odd terrorist too. In the old days, we confiscated cigarettes and wank mags. Now it's knives and crack cocaine. And they call it progress."

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:52 AM   #413
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
"Here come the local pubescent proles. The future plumbers, shop assistants, and doubtless the odd terrorist too. In the old days, we confiscated cigarettes and wank mags. Now it's knives and crack cocaine. And they call it progress."
Notes on a Scandal

(just watched that for the first time a week ago, so it's still fresh in the ol' noggin' - Cate Blanchett rocks my loins!)

"Now that there is the Tec-9, a crappy spray gun from South Miami. This gun is advertised as the most popular gun in American crime. Do you believe that sh!t? It actually says that in the little book that comes with it: 'the most popular gun in American crime.' Like they're actually proud of that sh!t."

Last edited by Underdog; 06-13-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #414
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie Brown

"Imagine me needing someone. Back on Earth I never did. Oh, there were women. Lots of women. Lots of love-making but no love. You see, that was the kind of world we'd made. So I left, because there was no one to hold me there."
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #415
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
The Phantom Menace?
Yes, Right you are... (that one was pretty easy, you guys/gals put some pretty tough ones out here)
Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #416
Underdog

Quote:
"Imagine me needing someone. Back on Earth I never did. Oh, there were women. Lots of women. Lots of love-making but no love. You see, that was the kind of world we'd made. So I left, because there was no one to hold me there."
Planet of the Apes

"We take off into the cosmos, ready for anything - solitude, hardship, exhaustion, death. We're proud of ourselves. But when you think about it, our enthusiasm's a sham. We don't want other worlds; we want mirrors."

Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #417
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I am gonna guess...

2001 A space odessy. I was like 10 when I saw it last.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #418
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely not 2001...
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #419
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Solaris, I do so believe...

Staff Sgt. : "Where's the captain?"
Soldier: "Dead."
Staff Sgt. : "Didn't ask you how he was. I asked you where he was."

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-15-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:31 AM   #420
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Solaris, I do so believe...

Staff Sgt. : "Where's the captain?"
Soldier: "Dead."
Staff Sgt. : "Didn't ask you how he was. I asked you where he was."

Bridge Too Far..... (I love war movies), here I'll give another war one to give a hint on the genre.

"Well, I gotta hand it go ya, George. You certainly do have a talent for trivulizing the momentous and complicating the obvious."

Old 06-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #421
Underdog

Quote:
"Well, I gotta hand it go ya, George. You certainly do have a talent for trivulizing the momentous and complicating the obvious."
Can we get a hint?

(yeah, it's a REALLY slow day at work...)

Old 06-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #422
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

Gettysburg

"That's the last g**damn hitchhiker I ever pick up."
Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #423
Underdog

Quote:
"That's the last g**damn hitchhiker I ever pick up."
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave!"

Last edited by Underdog; 06-18-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:34 AM   #424
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Blade Runner

"Big Brother's not so much watching as listening in"

Old 06-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #425
Underdog

Quote:
"Big Brother's not so much watching as listening in"
Vanishing Point

(nice & obscure - this game is finally getting interesting!)

along those same lines:

"There are few things as fetching as a bruised ego on a beautiful angel."

Last edited by Underdog; 06-19-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:57 AM   #426
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Vanishing Point

(nice & obscure - this game is finally getting interesting!)

along those same lines:

"There are few things as fetching as a bruised ego on a beautiful angel."

Death Proof

That was probably my top 3 favorite movies of 2007. I actually was going to use the Frost (I think Frost) quote that Russell uses "the woods are lovely dark and deep.."

"So I hear dad's dead. Hey, is that egg nog?"

Old 06-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #427
Underdog

Quote:
"So I hear dad's dead. Hey, is that egg nog?"
Brain Candy (underrated)

Ben: "To your health."
Frank: "Ah, sh!t, let's drink to something else. Let's drink to f*cking. Yeah, say, 'Here's to your f*ck, Frank.'"
Ben: "If you like, Frank... Here's to your f*ck."

Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #428
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Hmm somehow I know that. Sounds like something obscure, I'll think about it....

Old 06-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #429
Underdog

Not too obscure - it was nominated for an Oscar (Best Director)...

Old 06-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #430
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Blue Velvet (I narrowed it down to Polanski and Lynch and voila)

Person 1: It's Welles' masterpiece, really. Many people think it's Citizen Kane, but Magnificent Ambersons, if it hadn't been ruined by the studio, would've been his crowning achievement. As it is, it's still brilliant. It's the old story, genius not being recognized by the industry.
Person 2: It sounds great. Who's in it?
Person 1: Orson Welles? I don't know, I haven't seen it yet. I've seen stills.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #431
Underdog

Ummmmm.... Hint?

Old 06-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #432
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Fairly recent and nominated for best screenplay. (way too big of hint, oh well)

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 06-20-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #433
Underdog

Quote:
Fairly recent and nominated for best screenplay. (way too big of hint, oh well)
Yep, too big of a hint...

It's not No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, or Atonement (and it doesn't sound boring enough to be Away from Her):

The Diving Bell & the Butterfly (though I've never seen it and this is completely a guess - does it cheapen the game?)

(and more importantly, did I guess correctly?)

Last edited by Underdog; 06-20-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #434
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

in the meantime, something for the remedial players of name that quote:

"there's no basement in the Alamo!"
Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #435
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
in the meantime, something for the remedial players of name that quote:

"there's no basement in the Alamo!"
Best Tim Burton film ever...

Still awaiting an answer on that last question...

Old 06-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #436
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Nope, keep guessing....recently and nominated for best screenplay is a decent hint.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #437
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Fiiine I'll give another.

"She's a very risky writer, Lili. Very racy. I mean, exhibiting her c*nt in that fashion is very racy. I mean Lili has her influences in post modern literature, it's a bit derivative of Kafka, but for a student, very racy. Did you get that it was her c*nt?"

Old 06-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #438
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I think its fair to say that we didn't see this movie...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #439
Underdog

I give up too...

Old 06-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #440
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Squid and the Whale

"If there's one thing the last couple days have taught me, it's that I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it."
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote