Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #4441
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
I hate this league....the Mavs held hostage by "the decision II" bet the MBT will love to redo the draft
Take it easy there. I think they actually had a solid draft if you analyze it a little more closely. Cunningham played in the same conference as Westbrook and had arguably better stats. His ceiling isn't as high, but it really was a solid pick. They are more alike than not and you need players like that in today's NBA. I would take Cunningham over Zeller any day of the week. Only time will tell though...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #4442
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ric Bucher: As source indicated earlier, Kidd won't join Deron with Nets. Deciding between Mavs and Knicks.
So there's that...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #4443
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
An 8? Then may I assume that your disappointment "meter" is based on what seemed likely to happen and not what you wanted to happen?

Because on my sports disappointment meter, this goes to 11.

Honestly, I feel like I just heard the window slam on Dirk. And that makes me terribly sports sad.
Yeah, sorry. It's a 10 subjectively. 8 is because, by yesterday/today, I thought it was like 55/45 Nets.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #4444
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Well the FO must have known this was a realistic possibility. They have a plan B.
Hopefully it's 1a)Dragic 1b)Nash
And go from there
Cuban's plan B is always the same, throwing ridiculous $ at 2n tier crap and hoping that Dirk scores 48 on 12/15 and makes them look like all stars...

Last edited by markus1234; 07-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #4445
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

So, we're fucked.

To sum it up. We sacrificed this season to make a big adjustments in the offseason.

So today we lost Terry and now D-Will signed with russian money bank.

So whata ****.

Bad day to be a mavs fan.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #4446
CanadianMavsFan

CanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud ofCanadianMavsFan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So there's that...
A lot of respect for Kidd then, not his fault Deron made a decision based on money. He will struggle to sniff the 2nd round to be honest. Lied completely about wanting to win.

Mavs should pursue Dragic or Lowry in a trade of some sort. They need a big man as well, but we'll see how the Dwight Howard thing turns out.

Either way, a real shame considering the whole Chandler stuff, all went to waste. I'm glad Dirk got his ring, but he deserved better than this. Cuban better put a half way decent team out on the floor next year.
CanadianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #4447
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Take it easy there. I think they actually had a solid draft if you analyze it a little more closely. Cunningham played in the same conference as Westbrook and had arguably better stats. His ceiling isn't as high, but it really was a solid pick. They are more alike than not and you need players like that in today's NBA. I would take Cunningham over Zeller any day of the week. Only time will tell though...
Not necessarily hating the draft picks, but I think the Mavs could have move up and pick up a decent player...the Rockets did it twice
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #4448
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

Total waste of the last 13 months. Cap space for jack shit.

Could've at least let dirk finish his career with a decent center.
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #4449
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets just withdrew their QO to Courtney Lee. Him and Nash as our starting backcourt would soften the blow to some degree.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #4450
fleadog99

fleadog99 is on a distinguished road

I have a feeling that Dirk may be on the phone with Cuban right now.

Dirk: What is plan B?

Cuban: Hold please, I am on the phone with producers of Shark Tank.

Dirk: I am requesting a trade to the Nets.

Cuban: What? Why? We are about to get D Will and D Howard.

Dirk: Click, dial tone.

Cuban: Hello? Hello? Someone needs to invent a phone that doesn't drop a call, I'd pay BIG money for that.
fleadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #4451
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

MBT pipe-dream strategy fail. Interested in Nash, Dragic, Camby, matching for Terry, and a my 'ol buddy Jack Daniels.
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #4452
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueVan View Post
Total waste of the last 13 months.
And the next 13.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #4453
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

would a kidd/nash back court really be that bad?

give them each 2 year deals

have kidd come off the bench
Old 07-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #4454
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoble View Post
MBT pipe-dream strategy fail. Interested in Nash, Dragic, Camby, matching for Terry, and a my 'ol buddy Jack Daniels.
Explain to me how shooting the moon and getting the biggest gem of free agency of the last 3-4 years to mull a tough decision for more than a day is a bad STRATEGY.

I'd say that their strategy was amazing. The result was just failure.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #4455
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
So there's that...
Nahh I think the Nets only offered Kidd the Vet-Min and now Kidd has the Mavs on his list.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #4456
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
I hate this league....the Mavs held hostage by "the decision II" bet the MBT will love to redo the draft
Bull.. Deron made his decision less than a day after free agency was open. Mavs set themselves up for this by gutting their team in the hopes of getting something better. They asked to be in this crapshoot and they were. Now we get to have another year of waiting for godot.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #4457
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Bull.. Deron made his decision less than a day after free agency was open. Mavs set themselves up for this by gutting their team in the hopes of getting something better. They asked to be in this crapshoot and they were. Now we get to have another year of waiting for godot.
Deron made his decision almost 3 full days after free agency opened. Pretty standard. He clearly considered the offer very seriously.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #4458
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

On to Plan B.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #4459
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
On to Plan B.
I wish Plan B would have included better drafting.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #4460
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bill Simmons: What time tonight will be Dirk's first drunk dial of Nash? I have 2:43am in Grantland's office pool.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #4461
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
I wish Plan B would have included better drafting.
I for one think that they did.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #4462
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Deron made his decision almost 3 full days after free agency opened. Pretty standard. He clearly considered the offer very seriously.
My bad..he made it one day after getting pitches from the two teams that he said he was considering. I though he was Completely professional.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #4463
LonghornDub

Quote:
My bad..he made it one day after getting pitches from the two teams that he said he was considering. I though he was Completely professional.
I agree. I find no fault in his process.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #4464
stoble

stoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nicestoble is just really nice

Yeah, can't fault Deron in the proceedings. Fault must go somewhere else. Some seem to think it just goes up in the air as bad luck, like when I doubled down on 16.
stoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #4465
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Should of kept Tyler Zeller eh?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #4466
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Yeah, can't fault Deron in the proceedings. Fault must go somewhere else. Some seem to think it just goes up in the air as bad luck, like when I doubled down on 16.
There is no fault. Deron chose.

We made a strong bet with a jack showing. We just turned over a queen and the Nets flipped over an ace.

Good gamblers take risks, but also recover from them well.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-03-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #4467
Sean

Sean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the roughSean is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
So let me get this straight. The Mavs take a huge risk, putting all of their eggs in a deron basket and gutting the team. But folks who felt that was a bad decision should just be happy that the Mavs are such risk takers and shouldn't be disappointed or question the acumen of the front office.

Nice gig if you can get it.
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #4468
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Not really, no.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #4469
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

There was no Plan B.

This is slap @#%$ together time.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-03-2012 at 08:09 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #4470
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I think you are being sarcastic. If so, I agree. Crowder will be a star. Cunningham is a great risk. James will be the serviceable center that Zeller was.

And for the record, we DID draft to hedge our bets. If we were betting everything, we would have simply gone for one-dimensional role-players like Lamb. Instead, we got a bunch of guys with high motor, including Cunningham who would be much less valuable with a guy like Deron on the roster.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-03-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #4471
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
There is no fault. Deron chose.

We made a strong bet with a jack showing. We just turned over a queen and the Nets flipped over an ace.

Good gamblers take risks, but also recover from them well.
I like this comment, too bad I can't give you any more +rep.

After all this I feel deflated. Can't fault Deron, but the Mavs did their best to plan for it not working out.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #4472
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I respect the audacity and the courage of the Mavs' FO but I wonder if we miscalculated.

Living in New York with an extra 25 million in your pocket. That's very hard to battle.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #4473
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I respect the audacity and the courage of the Mavs' FO but I wonder if we miscalculated.

Living in New York with an extra 25 million in your pocket. That's very hard to battle.
Pulling to an inside straight may be ballsy, but it's not very good poker.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #4474
LonghornDub

Quote:
Fault must go somewhere else? If you take the bizarre approach that somebody has to be at "fault" for any event, sure, I guess.

The Mavs made a good play. It didn't work out. Happens all the damn time.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #4475
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post

I hate to say but some credit's gotta go to Billy King here too. We may never know but maybe an actual present-tense supporting cast was enough to help sway Deron.
Of course money and NY were probably the deciding factors. But still.

We can snigger all we want at the Gerald Wallace, Joe Johnson deals but those guys are good players. Overpaid, but good. Brooke Lopez is a pretty good player. If they swing a s'n't for Ersan Iylasova he's a good player. Maybe Deron just saw something more concrete happening with NJ, however flawed. Idk
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #4476
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I hate to say but some credit's gotta go to Billy King here too. We may never know but maybe an actual present-tense supporting cast was enough to help sway Deron.
Of course money and NY were probably the deciding factors. But still.

We can snigger all we want at the Gerald Wallace, Joe Johnson deals but those guys are good players. Overpaid, but good. Brooke Lopez is a pretty good player. If they swing a s'n't for Ersan Iylasova he's a good player. Maybe Deron just saw something more concrete happening with NJ, however flawed. Idk
Yup.

People want to knock the Nets' moves but you know what? They weren't playing the 2015 cap space game. They were playing the sign Deron Williams game and they won the game they were playing.

I'm also curious what JJ puts up with an elite PG. He was forced to ball handle a lot because for years Atlanta started the corpse of Mike Bibby.

Last edited by rabbitproof; 07-03-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #4477
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

This had better be a damned good episode of Shark Tank, Cuban.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #4478
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Reasonable and defensible strategy by the MBT, but they came up short. IMO, they need to shift their thinking to a cadre of two-three year deals that create an entertaining and competitive team. Maybe not championship caliber, but fun to watch and root for. For example, I'd go all in on Steve Nash. Match Toronto or go higher. Amnesty Haywood. He doesn't deserve to be on this team because his effort is subpar, way too often. Somehow add the following pieces:

Camby and Kaman
Delonte West
Either Courtney Lee or O.J. Mayo

I have no idea how you do this, but if the Nets can sign a gazillion players, then it seems to me that the Mavs have to find a way.

Nash/West
Lee/Roddy
Camby/Kaman
Dirk/Wright
Matrix/Carter

The young rooks to help with defensive intensity.

Go to war. Score some points and enjoy life.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #4479
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If anything, they HAVE to avoid becoming the 09 Pistons.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #4480
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
If anything, they HAVE to avoid becoming the 09 Pistons.
Yes, anything but that. I'm okay going from NBA champions to a lottery team despite having a top 10 player, but at least we're not the 09 Pistons!
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight