Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-30-2010, 10:07 AM   #441
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I wonder how different this team's dynamic would be changed if the only change was swapping Roddy for JET.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #442
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That is really bittersweet....and somehow nauseating. Those highlights really do make you want to can the coach for screwing with this kid all season.
Love the video. I'm not going to what if it. It's Friday, and I want to enjoy my weekend. LOL Still, if only.... AAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #443
satrekker

satrekker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Honestly, I wonder how different this team's dynamic would be changed if the only change was swapping Roddy for JET.
Hmmm, a fast, long defender who can drive and has a sweet outside shot v a defensive liability who is at best a streaky outside shooter at his best without pressure.

It's only the difference between winning and losing. :-(
satrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #444
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Could you imagine what Roddy would be like in an open offense like Phoenix? Yeah, he'd turn the ball over, but it might be worth the 20-25 ppg that I think he is capable of once the chains come off. You can see the hesitation in his game...I mean finally FINALLY, the coach let the kid play his way when he went in last night. You could visibly see the shackles come off until he was benched. Roddy nearly saved our season last night. That is what pisses me off now about this...that Carlisle could have saved his ass and the season by just playing Roddy. Everyone could see it. I agree with Jthig that that is Carlisle's M O, but still...Carlisle was the only person who didn't see it. I mean, talk about a lack of faith.....Roddy was the main reason the Mavericks were in the game in the first place, and you wait too late to bring him back....I just can't believe it. Sorry, I'm venting.

"I guess if I didn't play much,’’ said Roddy B, a star in Dallas’ 97-87 loss when he was actually allowed by coach Rick Carlisle to play, “it was because I didn't show him enough things.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2988

I'd love to know what those things are...

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #445
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Well, at least the guys who have been calling for him to get some PT throughout the entire series (and season) got rewarded with this performance. There were many people who thought it was flat out ridiculous to assume a rookie could be the difference in this series. And honestly, the way this team is built we shouldn't have had to rely on a rookie, but last night's game would have been a blow out the entire game if it weren't for his performance. It's just a shame it took being down 22 points in an elimination game to give him a chance. There will be a lot of what ifs.

At the very least, Roddy bumped his trade value tremendously, pretty much assuring that we'd have to be getting a Lebron or Wade back in any trade involving him. I'm thankful for that.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #446
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

half French, half amazing
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #447
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Made a mix- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVLsse0doIo

First time making a video for anything really, so its not that complex.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #448
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post

Damn, I would think a Commissioner of such a league would be able to read better than that...

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #449
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Not complex? Dude...I want to see a "good" one then. This one's awesome!
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 PM   #450
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nice video, Why in the Hell was this guy on the bench so much?..waste of a season if you ask me.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #451
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Quote:

Sweet mix! It still makes sad that this kid wasn't out on the court more...
Old 05-04-2010, 12:19 AM   #452
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Slick vid!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #453
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Very well done. Someone email this to RC, along with a link to that thread on the "ADS" stats. Then fire RC and hire a coach that can put 2 and 2 together.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #454
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Not complex? Dude...I want to see a "good" one then. This one's awesome!
thanks

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #455
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to see posts from our newest member, QuickDraw Beaubois.

(great name!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-05-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #456
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I can't wait to see posts from our newest member, QuickDraw Beaubois.

(great name!)

That' Roddy himself...

Old 05-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #457
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
That' Roddy himself...
really?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #458
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Parker wont play the world cup for france, should be good news for Roddy.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #459
CrazyBoy

CrazyBoy will become famous soon enough

good or bad news?

roddy would otherwise work out in the weight room, getting some muscles ...
CrazyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #460
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Its great news.

Thats important playing time, elimination games etc, hard training etc.

Dirks time with the german team was one reason why he became so good and clutch, they played tons of do or die games over the years..

Last edited by sefant77; 05-14-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #461
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUelslQSwpo
Old 09-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #462
sefant77
Guru

bump

Going into his 2nd season i expect/hope he will be one of the MIP candidates.

Doubling his minutes (and cutting from Barea and Terrys minutes) and output would put him into the 14-15PPG range. Butler being 2nd and Roddy/Terry 3a/b scorer of the team.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #463
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
bump

Going into his 2nd season i expect/hope he will be one of the MIP candidates.

Doubling his minutes (and cutting from Barea and Terrys minutes) and output would put him into the 14-15PPG range. Butler being 2nd and Roddy/Terry 3a/b scorer of the team.
Well Roddy 3 and Terry 4. I think we need more consistency out of Roddy, that both rides on RC to give him regular minutes and for Roddy to produce. Minus well toss Kidd into the cut minutes list.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #464
sefant77
Guru

Terry is the synoym for "Do or die with the jumpshot" in combination with the need to outscore the other team due to bad defense.

The top teams are all so good and deep, Terry as pure jumpshooter without defense doesnt work anymore as a key player. We need to develop away from this old jumpshooting team. Butler (improved and more aggressive) and Roddy as 2nd and 3rd option: playing solid-good defense and being able to score even without the jumpshot falling. If Terry is hot fine, if he bricks just bench him..

Reducing Terrys scoring importance for the team, i think that was also Dirks intention with "Roddy is the key"...

Last edited by sefant77; 09-28-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #465
tcat075
Diamond Member

Terry will still probably get too many minutes, but I think Carlisle is smart enough to realize that he's not a 30 minute every night player anymore. Probably not even 25, not some nights. Fewer than that might be what he should get, but being realistic, I know it won't happen.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:48 PM   #466
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Roddy will play 15-20 minutes per game in this season.

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #467
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Another Roddy B video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ukaZ_T1cXM

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 11-18-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #468
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy got his second checkup and everything checked out ok so workouts are resuming.

Lots of elliptical/cardio work
Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #469
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Roddy got his second checkup and everything checked out ok so workouts are resuming.

Nice, part one of rehab, conditioning.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #470
sefant77
Guru

i cant freaking wait for it...my eyes are allready bleeding from all this ugly crap on the court
Old 11-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #471
Rick41
Diamond Member

I don't understand how this team can start the game like they did and then fall off.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #472
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong thread.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-23-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #473
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Roddy is needed in the worst way. Dirk needs some help.. pronto.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 PM   #474
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post

Be still, my beating heart.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #475
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Anyone else starting to suspect that Roddy has a very serious problem and the Mavs are hiding it?
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:30 AM   #476
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
Anyone else starting to suspect that Roddy has a very serious problem and the Mavs are hiding it?
don't think so. he should be back in a few weeks. good as new
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:35 AM   #477
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemablend View Post
No

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #478
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wrong thread.
Yes, I failed. No idea how that happened too.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #479
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Yes, I failed. No idea how that happened too.
No, I put wrong thread because my post belonged in the GDT. Perhaps I did get confused by your post though. But now I'm so confused, I don't know who I am or what my name is.

Um, yay for Roddy's progress!

Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #480
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, I put wrong thread because my post belonged in the GDT. Perhaps I did get confused by your post though. But now I'm so confused, I don't know who I am or what my name is.

Um, yay for Roddy's progress!
My fault. Let's get this thread back on track.

Roddy for President!

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid