Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #441
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

The officials didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the game... The mavs simply looked like they ran out of gas. The Rockets were on fire as well. JHo not closing out on TMac on the three relatively early in the 4th that extended Houston's lead shortly after the Mavs had made a nice run... Dirk not hitting shots... Devin Harris shooting the team's wheels off in the 2nd when the Mavs had a chance to extend a 10 point lead with Yao and TMac on the bench...b.s. like that.

There were alot of things that negatively impacted the game...the refs played a very minimal role.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #442
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future
Default RE: Official Game 6 thread: Dallas @ Houston

Mavs were much more aggressive, yet got 8 fewer FTAs (3 of which when it didn't matter at all) and were whistled for 7 or so more fouls. Atleast in games past, the aggressive teams got calls, now its the opposite. Whatever, complaining about calls is stupid. They need to continue to take it to the rack and make the refs call fouls. Mavs lost no matter what, they fell in love with the 3 at the wrong time. They better come back big in the AAC with the crowd backing them.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #443
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

The game didn't turn in the first half. The Mavs had plenty of chances early on in the fourth to close out the game...they were ahead for pete's sake.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #444
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Stat of the night: 4th quarter scoring:
Dallas 13
Houston 32

This is the first time in the series that the team ahead at the end of the 1st quarter did not win the game.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #445
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
What is Dirk's record in game 7s again?
I can't imagine that it fucking matters. Anymore.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:28 PM   #446
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I think the game really turned in the second when the Mavs were up 10 and Devin Harris came in and shot their wheels off. The Rockets were pretty much in control the rest of the game.

Believe I'll give more credit to james, he not only tore the rookie a new one, but he harrassed the hell out of jason as well.

but it would have all been different inf dirk could get his shooting percentage to 40%...sheesh..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #447
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

anyone know whos reffing game 7 yet? i think this could be very important for the outcome.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #448
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Zack
What is everyone talking about

REMARKABLE series.

Been a bust for Mavs fans..

I am not buying Season TIX next year..

Dirk = ein fauler Sack + schwul + die Muschi...

How ya like dem apples..
I'll certainly miss your participation around here.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 05-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #449
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally posted by: TVI
Dallas 13
Houston 32

This is the first time in the series that the team ahead at the end of the 1st quarter did not win the game.
i'm tired of thsoe stupid stats, to tell you the truth

first they say first quarter leading teams have won all the games, and then they say that when the mavs shoot x% and the rockets shoot y%, whoever wins the game. It's just stupid. Just give me the game without shoving all that crap on teh screen.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #450
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
I think the game really turned in the second when the Mavs were up 10 and Devin Harris came in and shot their wheels off. The Rockets were pretty much in control the rest of the game.
The game turned when Dirk decided to stop making shots. I'm at the point to where i'm just happy to see Dirk make a shot. Then you think maybe he will get on some groove and he just doesn't.
True...even if they didn't make a run right then they were going to do it eventually. Bottom line is that we went into the 4th with a one point lead and momentum.

Can't fault Dirk's effort again, but if we lose this series it's on him.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:31 PM   #451
nuggien

nuggien is on a distinguished road

one game series.
nuggien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:31 PM   #452
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: TVI
Dallas 13
Houston 32

Close to the second quarter, no?

Defense wins championships. Defense wins in the playoffs. You cannot win in the playoffs by scoring the ball. The playoffs are a different game. Offense doesn't count anymore. We have a defensive system--a will, mind you--that we will impose on our opponents. A lot of it involves traditional play. And centers and shit.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:32 PM   #453
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

He's just got to find a way to get another shot than that fallaway...still don't understand the lack of pump fakes.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-05-2005, 11:33 PM   #454
Zack

Zack is on a distinguished road

I am not trying to be an AZZCLOWN..

..but AJ is just not doing the JOB..

AJ needs to get FUKing TECHNICAL or something in the 7th game to light a fire..

There is NO reason this series should have gone to even 6 games..

Dallas reminds me of SPAIN come World Cup time.. Always kick AZZ in regular season.

HAVE ZERO World CUP TITLES...
Old 05-05-2005, 11:33 PM   #455
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Well, I think this has been an exciting series. Having a 4/5 go to 7 games is not totally unexpected, and with the home court, the Mavs should be able to take care of business.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:33 PM   #456
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Quote:
Originally posted by: rakesh.s
What is Dirk's record in game 7s again?
I can't imagine that it fucking matters. Anymore.
Can't be anymore blunt than that...wonder if he's taking extra shooting practice...

I remember a playoff game in the mid 90's where Barkley shot the ball horribly...well 30 or 40 minutes after the game at the end of the TNT post game show they go back to the arena and Barkley's in there shooting by himself.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:34 PM   #457
dude1394
Guru

Houston clamped down on defense and kicked our ass.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #458
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Rockets win a forgettable game, 101-83:

Howard (23) 3-8, 2-2, 8pts, 3rbs, 2to

Dirk (44) 5-22, 2-6, 7-9, 19pts, 13rbs, 4as, 2tos, 1stl, 5blks

Damp (28) 4-4, 8pts, 9rbs, 1as, 1to, 1stl

Finley (41) 6-16, 2-9, 14pts, 3rbs, 3as, 3stls

Terry (37) 3-12, 1-5, 7pts, 3rbs, 4as, 1to, 2stls

Stack (30) 9-16, 2-3, 1-1, 21pts, 4rbs, 2as, 3tos, 1stl

Hendu (5) 1rb

Harris (6) 3-3, 3pts, 1rb, 2tos

Daniels (15) 1-6, 0-2, 1-2, 3pts, 5rbs, 1blk

Armstrong (9) 0-2, 0-1, 1rb, 1stl

Bradley (2)
Old 05-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #459
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Dirk has played terribly this entire series. He needs to just give up on the jump shot and drive as hard as he can to the basket every single time. When the shot is not falling it just isn't falling.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #460
dude1394
Guru

Thought van gundy was pretty smart tonight as well. He made sure that he got mcgrady some rest to keep him fresh in the 4th. Of course the mavs helped as well that they couldn't extend anything when mcgrady/yao were on the bench.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #461
KFunk

KFunk will become famous soon enough

I have no meaningful analysis to offer. All I can do is stand dumbfounded, having no idea who this german guy is in a mavs uniform. When this series started I was expecting GREAT offense from Dirk. He did a lot of that all season, so why not? Especially when Houston has lost their starting PF? Instead just dissapointment dissapointment dissappointment. I look back to december and wonder what happened. Dirk shouldn't cut his hair, he is like Sampson.
KFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #462
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

It's definately on Dirk. He's shooting a bit too many fade away jumpers for my taste but you know what? I have no problem with the shots he took. I have a problem with him getting touched by a Rocket player and he just falls over as if he was shot in his back. That cost us two turnovers for some Rockets points. And I hate how he drives to the rack as if the ref owes him a foul call. He goes to the hole and just throws a shot up. Play as physical as the Rockets are playing you. You can only hope that with the game on the line Dirk somehow sees the light but i've said this just about every game this series. Not sure what the hell happened to JET. He just started shooting shots with people in his face and he of coursed missed them.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #463
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Dampier is ineffective in this series. Best center in the West? He isn't better than Yao and he isn't better than Dikembe. Lol!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:37 PM   #464
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
Dirk has played terribly this entire series. He needs to just give up on the jump shot and drive as hard as he can to the basket every single time. When the shot is not falling it just isn't falling.
That's just BS. Dirk's shooting has been terrible. Other than Game 1, Dirk's worked his ass off and made solid contributions in other areas. Fortunately, other players have been picking up the offensive load...until tonight that is.

Of course, he's getting a ripping by callers on the post-game.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:39 PM   #465
TVI

Quote:
Originally posted by: nuggien
one game series.
Yep.

And after the first 2 games, I think everyone should be happy that it's down to that. It could have been much worse...
Old 05-05-2005, 11:39 PM   #466
BSRefs

BSRefs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry mate, he's done that, what's the point. 90% of the time he drives he is mugged. A foul is called 5% of those times, so what's the point? He won't get the call. Dirk played great Defense tonight, and was not bad on O, if he would of gotten half the calls when he was fouled we win. And if guy's hit their wide open J's Dirk had 10 assist. He did have 13 boards and 5 blocks I believe. This series and game doesn't fall on Dirk.
BSRefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:40 PM   #467
chumdawg
Guru

I wish we would stop putting the blame on an all-world player and start putting the blame on a stubborn rookie coach--where it rightfully belongs.

Does ANYONE believe that Dirk plays like this against the power-forward-less Rockets with Nellie at the helm? I am very, very serious. Does anyone believe this?

My goodness, Nellie. Where have you left us?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #468
chumdawg
Guru

Oh, my goodness. Is anyone watching Avery postgame? He has feaking lost it, man.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #469
Zack

Dirks Approval rating is probably at 33%

He has NO leadership attributes..

That is this teams Achilles Heel..

I feel like this is the Battle of Troy..

McGrady is about to drag Dirk and Co. around the building in his Yao and Mike Jones drawn wagon..
Old 05-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #470
dude1394
Guru

Avery is going crazy on the podium, he's bitching about how the whole series have been usurped by the jvg bitchfest.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #471
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

AJ is heated. I hope he takes all that frustration out on his players. Good to see he's not using excuses like other coaches.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #472
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road

I hope we never see Darrell Armstrong again. Everytime he comes in the game...he sucks the life out of the team. Why did he start the 4th? What's his nickname? SS? That's appropriate for him. He should be our designated towel waver...nothing more.

Terrible 4th quarter...after being down 10 in the quarter...we cut the lead to 2...82-80...and then they outscore us 19-0 to take control of the game.

Oh well...hopefully the AAC will be rocking on Saturday night.
akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:44 PM   #473
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
Quote:
That's just BS. Dirk's shooting has been terrible. Other than Game 1, Dirk's worked his ass off and made solid contributions in other areas. Fortunately, other players have been picking up the offensive load...until tonight that is.

Of course, he's getting a ripping by callers on the post-game.
Sorry but the claim has merit on the basis that Dirk has not stepped up to the plate in this series and performed as though he is the leader of this team.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:45 PM   #474
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
I wish we would stop putting the blame on an all-world player and start putting the blame on a stubborn rookie coach--where it rightfully belongs.

Does ANYONE believe that Dirk plays like this against the power-forward-less Rockets with Nellie at the helm? I am very, very serious. Does anyone believe this?

Chum do you realize that you've blamed Avery after game that we've lost since he took over...all of them.

If Nellie was coaching Dirk would be getting the same shots...I don't know what you want him to do.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:45 PM   #475
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

I agree with you quite a bit, nelson it seems would have found some way to get him more, but honestly it's just a really different team.

But dirk's has gotten the same shots he's gotten all year, but mcgrady is kicking his ass out there. Now nelson may done something different to try and get mcgrady off him, but it's mcgrady shutting him down it seems to me.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:48 PM   #476
BSRefs

What is AJ saying?

And im sick of the Dirk bashing, he had 13 boards, 5 blocks, 4 assist. He shot bad only because the refs wouldn't call fouls on Houston.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #477
BSRefs

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Quote:

I agree with you quite a bit, nelson it seems would have found some way to get him more, but honestly it's just a really different team.

But dirk's has gotten the same shots he's gotten all year, but mcgrady is kicking his ass out there. Now nelson may done something different to try and get mcgrady off him, but it's mcgrady shutting him down it seems to me.

Bullshit. T-mac hasn't done anything but slap and hack and shove Dirk. There have been times he has literally held onto and tugged at his jersey, it the refs weren't bought off, he'd foul out.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:49 PM   #478
mary
Troll Hunter

For those of us that missed AJ's tirade...they're about to replay it on The Ticket.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:51 PM   #479
mary
Troll Hunter

Dirk's missing shots when he's well covered. Dirk's missing shots when he's not covered.

Dirk has the ABILITY to make shots over any type of single coverage...he just isn't doing it.

It ain't got anything to do with the refs.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:52 PM   #480
Zack

Who give a shit what AJ says..

We have eyes.. we saw the game..

Only thing Dallas proved was how to LOSE big tonight..

..Course we might be losing on purpose so Cuban can sell more TIX..

stranger things have happened..

All the other GOOD teams have CRUSHED their opponets... Not US!!!