Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #441
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
"If there's one thing the last couple days have taught me, it's that I'd rather have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it."
True Romance (not even the director of The Last Boy Scout could ruin a Tarantino script!)

"No matter what you do, no matter how awful, no-one ever thinks that they're a bad person."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #442
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
"No matter what you do, no matter how awful, no-one ever thinks that they're a bad person."
The Talented Mr. Ripley

"No one's neck is incredibly thick as Gaston."

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:16 PM   #443
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
The Talented Mr. Ripley

"No one's neck is incredibly thick as Gaston."
Beauty and the Beast.

" It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."
Old 06-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #444
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Enter the f-ing Dragon

"Granddaddy used to handle snakes in church, Granny drank strychnine. I guess you could say I had a leg up, genetically speaking."

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 06-21-2008 at 09:47 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #445
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Cape Fear

"Ajax, you're just soldier. Try and keep your mouth shut! Fox: scout and memory man. Run ahead and tell us all we need to know. Cochise, you're with Ajax, soldier of the middle; heavy mother. Now just remember this, there's a truce on. So, don't go around flexing any muscle unless I give the order. Okay? Let's roll!"

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 PM   #446
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
"Ajax, you're just soldier. Try and keep your mouth shut! Fox: scout and memory man. Run ahead and tell us all we need to know. Cochise, you're with Ajax, soldier of the middle; heavy mother. Now just remember this, there's a truce on. So, don't go around flexing any muscle unless I give the order. Okay? Let's roll!"
Waaaarriors, come out to play-ay!

"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different."

Last edited by Underdog; 06-21-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #447
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Memento

"You, who are without mercy, now plead for it? I thought you were made of sterner stuff..."
Old 06-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #448
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
"You, who are without mercy, now plead for it? I thought you were made of sterner stuff..."
Transformers: The Only Movie Worth A Damn (1986)

"Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!"

Old 06-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #449
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Alines....?

"Do you talk to the Dolphin...does he call you at home?"

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #450
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
"Do you talk to the Dolphin...does he call you at home?"
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

"If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey sh*t he is! Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?"
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #451
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Transformers: The Only Movie Worth A Damn (1986)
You show incredibly good taste here, Underdog. Transformers: The Movie is quite possibly my favorite movie of all time, and it certainly has the best voice acting cast ever assembled for any movie (Orson Welles, Robert Stack, Leonard Nimoy, Peter Cullen, Casey Kasem, etc... ), so I greatly agree with your statement that it is indeed the only movie worth a damn ...

"Wait! The Constructicons form Devastator, the most Powerful Robot; WE SHALL RULE!"

Last edited by Evilmav2; 06-22-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #452
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Also, the above quote is from the great National Lampoons Christmas Vacation...

"They are all farmers. Farmers talk of nothing but fertilizer and women. I've never shared their enthusiasm for fertilizer. As for women, I became indifferent when I was eighty-three..."
Old 06-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #453
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Spoiler**

THe only crappy part about Transformers the movie is that Optimus dies in the first five minutes. Otherwise, it is so awesome.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #454
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

The Magnificent Seven (dad is a huge western fan)

"I believe people have lost their relationship with food. They do not think "this is something that died for me so that I would not go hungry." I like that connection with something you die for. I appreciate it more."

Old 06-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #455
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Magnificent Seven (dad is a huge western fan)

"I believe people have lost their relationship with food. They do not think "this is something that died for me so that I would not go hungry." I like that connection with something you die for. I appreciate it more."
Hostel

"Tea can do many things, Jane, but it can't bring back the dead."
Old 06-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #456
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hungry...let's go get a taco.

Whoops, thought I was in the Random Statement thread!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:35 AM   #457
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
"Tea can do many things, Jane, but it can't bring back the dead."
Death at a Funeral

[and for the bonus:]
Quote:
I'm hungry...let's go get a taco.
my favorite line from The Doors

"You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherf*ckers. Motherf*ckers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't. "

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #458
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

How about this ?

" Smeat ! "
Old 06-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #459
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Pulp Fiction, baby!

"You can never really know the size of a person's brain until you have to clean it off the carpet, and let me tell you, Sleepy Joe had quite a brain."
Old 06-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #460
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pulp Fiction, baby!

"You can never really know the size of a person's brain until you have to clean it off the carpet, and let me tell you, Sleepy Joe had quite a brain."
Smeat ? Maybe but not the movie i meant.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #461
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

wait, did someone guess Underdog's?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #462
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
wait, did someone guess Underdog's?
I messed it up. chumdawg was right. Pulp fiction.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:49 PM   #463
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

nobody answered chum's correctly from post 456.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #464
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
nobody answered chum's correctly from post 456.
I was assuming that UD was giving an alternate, more obscure, answer...
Old 06-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #465
Underdog

Quote:
I was assuming that UD was giving an alternate, more obscure, answer...
Oh yeah - "I'm hungry...let's go get a taco" is Resivoir Dogs...

I looked up the quote from The Doors on IMDb: "Come on, let's get some tacos." - it's close, but not the same (though Tarantino & Oliver Stone did "work" together on Natural Born Killers...)

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #466
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Oh yeah - "I'm hungry...let's go get a taco" is Resivoir Dogs...

I looked up the quote from The Doors on IMDb: "Come on, let's get some tacos." - it's close, but not the same (though Tarantino & Oliver Stone did "work" together on Natural Born Killers...)
Knowing Tarantino, I'd guess that it's EXACTLY the same. I love how Tarantino borrows from his influences, and also reuses good bits. Quick, cite the two separate uses of "everything from a diddle-eyed Joe to damned if I know!"
Old 06-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #467
Underdog

Quote:
Quick, cite the two separate uses of "everything from a diddle-eyed Joe to damned if I know!"
True Romance & Reservoir Dogs (there's the "Alabama" connection as well...)

[Christian Slater's character died in the original screenplay of True Romance, then Patricia Arquette's character, Alabama, supposedely teamed up with Harvey Keitel's Mr. White, as referenced in Reservoir Dogs...]

Last edited by Underdog; 06-28-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #468
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
True Romance & Reservoir Dogs (there's the "Alabama" connection as well...)

[Christian Slater's character died in the original screenplay of True Romance, then Patricia Arquette's character, Alabama, supposedely teamed up with Harvey Keitel's Mr. White, as referenced in Reservoir Dogs...]
Well done...as per usual. The "undercover training in the diner" scene in RD and the cosmically brilliant Gary-Oldman-as-pimp scene in TR.

I've got the combined RD/TR screenplays here on my bookshelf. I'll have to take another look at the ending of True Romance...
Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 AM   #469
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well since you guys confused the hell out of who's turn it is, I'll just sneak one in here....

"Now listen here, you mullet. Why don't you just light your tampon, blow your box apart? Because it's the only bang you're ever gonna get, sweetheart!"

Old 07-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #470
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well since you guys confused the hell out of who's turn it is, I'll just sneak one in here....

"Now listen here, you mullet. Why don't you just light your tampon, blow your box apart? Because it's the only bang you're ever gonna get, sweetheart!"
Priscilla Queen of the Desert.......How Gay is it I know that?

"I could have killed 'em all, I could kill you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go."
Old 07-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #471
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
"I could have killed 'em all, I could kill you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go."
First Blood

"I thought you said he was a getaway driver. What the f*ck can he get away from?"

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #472
Underdog

"I thought you said he was a getaway driver. What the f*ck can he get away from?"

Hint: Mr. Madonna

(had to bring this thread back - today is going to be a long, boring day for me at work...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-14-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #473
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Hint: Mr. Madonna

(had to bring this thread back - today is going to be a long, boring day for me at work...)
Snatch?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #474
Underdog

Quote:
Snatch?
The movie or the woman who just cut me off in traffic?

Your turn...

Old 07-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #475
sike
The Preacha

"I can do down!"

Old 07-26-2008, 02:21 AM   #476
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
"I can do down!"
is this from silver streak? or bringing down the house?
Old 07-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #477
rmacomic
Platinum Member

sike give us a hint.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #478
rmacomic
Platinum Member

sike, you suck
Old 07-26-2008, 07:26 PM   #479
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Quote:
"I can do down!"
I may be mistaken here, and I don't have a DVD copy to check my notion, but I think I remember Wash saying that in Serenity...
Old 07-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #480
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Wash....