Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 06-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #441
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

I have officially joined the bandwagon.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #442
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Murph,

I agree with the results...the struggle is when 110 pitches would get you 8-9 innings from Millwood, now all of a sudden it gets you 6...that's on the fringe of giving us concern.

That's the point...we've had some truly awesome baseball, much higher than perhaps any of us expected. So now as the season starts to break into the meat of the season, we will see how the team, fans and media will respond.

Playing the Yankees, Red Sox, Jays and Dodgers...what will fans take as acceptable? Do we expect the team to keep playing at a .600 Winning %, or will .500 or even .400 be good enough until they start playing the less competitive teams again?

Can we get 2-3 games of Pitching dominance in this next 3 week stretch?

Will the bats come back to life...funny that so far this year, the bats have been the weakest part of the team...can it regain form, without losing any pitching effectiveness?

It's still a year of progress and to contend it takes going through a process. How will the team respond if it goes through a team wide slump?

If it wins in the next few weeks, will the team truly believe in itself and keep focused on the long-term goal?

If it loses in the next few weeks, will they fall back to Ranger teams of the past and fall apart in the 2nd half?

So far the indications are that this team is resiliant and that they will succeed...but no doubt, Ranger history is knocking at the door...do they, the fans, team, media let it creep in, or do they say, "F-EM" to History, this is a new team and we are making out own History!!!
Am I concerned about a guy throwing 110 pitches or so to get through 6 innings of 2 run ball? Does the guy have a long history of doing such? No, not really? Then no, I'm not concerned. He hasn't had his best stuff for a couple of outings in a row. So what? It happens to pitchers. The good pitchers find a way to stay competitive even when they don't have their best stuff. The bad pitchers don't.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #443
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

All yankees can suck my little bat, they are owning the Rangers so far this year.
Tex is a douche bag but Padilla is not much better.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #444
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Freakin Yankees...I hate that team. They are the EVIL EMPIRE!!!

Smugness, arrogance...seeing that team makes my skin crawl.

Getting crushed by them 3 out of 4 games is truly irritating. This Rangers team appears to be beat by the Yankees before they ever take the field.

Still optomistic on the 2009 season, but I have some serious dislike, distaste of NY Yankees baseball.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #445
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Maybe we'll see Tex in the playoffs and go head hunting then too!

go rangers

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #446
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I usually don't wish for someone to take a fastball in the head..but, I'll make an exception with Teix.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #447
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Tex's doucheness out douches all the other douches. he's just a big prick. he's a dick.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #448
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

how does this make tex a douche? He homered off padilla his first two abs and padilla has drilled him ever since. Padilla is the douche(your thoughts on tex other than this incident could lead to believing hes a douche but not this).

BTW quietly with all the flack jd has taken for trading so much pitching, that pitching hasnt done a ton this year and specifically in the bmac/danks trade, bmacs been better 2 of the 3 years since the trade.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 06-03-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #449
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Freakin Yankees...I hate that team. They are the EVIL EMPIRE!!!

Smugness, arrogance...seeing that team makes my skin crawl.
And way too liberal....
Old 06-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #450
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
And way too liberal....
Way too funny!!!

Anyone else hate the "Fluffy" NY Yankees?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #451
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I follow the Angels a bit and what really is perplexing to me is their atrocious bullpen worst in majors whats the main issue?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #452
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Elvis Andrus is making some flat out sick plays tonight. Holy shit dude.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #453
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

RANGERS WIN
Old 06-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #454
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Elvis lives.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #455
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

We should pool our money together and send it to Elvis Andrus as a thank-you for getting to watch him play baseball.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:38 AM   #456
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

I really wish I could watch these games.
How great is it that Teixeira missed the game from trying to take out the rook who very likely won the defense side of tonight's game. I love a yankee loss.

...and 5-0, tex is a major POS with no morals or loyalty, yes he lit up VP but it's known VP is a dirty pitcher, he did not mind those headhunters when he wore an 'R' on his shirt. I call hypocritical BS on the switch hitter.

I am still amazed the Rangers FO got someone to take that T. O. and give off what is proving to be a rejuvenation factor in Texas. Thank you thank you thank you.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #457
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Actually there was a story today that Tex (and the other Ranger hitters) did have a problem with VP throwing at players since they were the ones that had to suffer the payback. Tex claims he had asked VP to knock it off, and VP wasn't receptive to him.

I've got no love for Tex, but I tend to believe him on this one, since he definitely would've been the most likely target for retaliation.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 06-04-2009 at 02:33 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #458
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfast View Post
I really wish I could watch these games.
How great is it that Teixeira missed the game from trying to take out the rook who very likely won the defense side of tonight's game. I love a yankee loss.

...and 5-0, tex is a major POS with no morals or loyalty, yes he lit up VP but it's known VP is a dirty pitcher, he did not mind those headhunters when he wore an 'R' on his shirt. I call hypocritical BS on the switch hitter.

I am still amazed the Rangers FO got someone to take that T. O. and give off what is proving to be a rejuvenation factor in Texas. Thank you thank you thank you.
rep this man

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #459
92bDad
Platinum Member

Andrus has been a treat to watch. At 20, could he possibly be the fielding SS in the game? Seeing what he did yesterday on the National Yankee Stage was no doubt true greatness!!!

Kudos to Ron Washington for having enough faith in the kid to actually bring him and play him from day 1!!! His willingness to trust the young guys is perhaps his greatest strength...this team and this organization is moving in the right direction and one could very well argue in support of Wash' influence on developing the youth.

So far, only one word can describe this season....WOW!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #460
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Elvis lives.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #461
92bDad
Platinum Member

Any eateries around Campbell and Central showing today's game? Time for a long lunch break...wouldn't mind catching the game somewhere...
Old 06-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #462
92bDad
Platinum Member

Dangit...HR by Damon, then a Double by Swisher...can we not START a game against the Yankees without letting them get an early game lead?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #463
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dangit...HR by Damon, then a Double by Swisher...can we not START a game against the Yankees without letting them get an early game lead?
who cares? we're up 4-1 going into the bottom of 4th inning now

this team is special

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #464
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

That's not the first wang I've seen finish a little early today.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 06-04-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #465
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Bases loaded, swisher on the plate, 0 outs.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #466
92bDad
Platinum Member

Go figure, I start the game in the office and the Yankees jump on the Rangers. I head out, grab a bite and chill out listening to the radio play by play and the Ranger jump all over the Yankees.

I get back to the office and now the Yankees have the bases loaded with nobody out.

This office is cursed.

I love baseball superstition (SP?) Like any mojo us fans have will actually do anything for the outcome...but it is fun.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #467
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Huge fail inning just getting started.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #468
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It is incredible how fast the game just completely fell apart.

Radio off. Back to work
Old 06-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #469
92bDad
Platinum Member

This put me in a grumpy mood...I guess I should stay out of the political board for a while, I wouldn't want to say something I'ld regret.

92bDad = Padilla of Message board posters, does alright sometimes, but for the most a complete headcase!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #470
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Yet, they tie it up again in the top of the 6th.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #471
mavspwnage
Golden Member

well Kinsler hit one off the pole to tie it again.

with Wang starting for the Yanks tonight, was anyone else reminded of the headline on the bottom of the front page of the sports section the day after the Mavs got Wang Zhizhi? "Mavs acquire 7' Wang."
Old 06-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #472
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I want this game very, very badly.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #473
92bDad
Platinum Member

Okay...so now we back to even...it's June and the Rangers have completely recaptured my baseball heart.

...deep breath...time to get back to the game...
Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #474
92bDad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I want this game very, very badly.
AGREED!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #475
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Dammit Blow Jays.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #476
mavspwnage
Golden Member

there's the old CJ Wilson...
Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #477
92bDad
Platinum Member

Time for some 9th inning heroics
Old 06-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #478
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well...what're you gonna do...the Yankees are good....scratch that...rich.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #479
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

For the love of God please don't leave the tying run on third here.

PLEASE.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 06-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #480
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Kill me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
a swing and a fluff, double fluff, fluff pole, fluff rodriguez, fluff-wash-repeat, fluffy reputation, got a bit fluffy in here, grand fluff, infield fluff rule, inside the fluff home run, its 123 fluffs ur out, juice up the fluff, no-fluffer, peanuts & fluffer-jack, performanceenhancingfluff, seventh inning fluff, that fluff is outta here, walk-off fluffer, you guys are f'ing gay