Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #441
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

RC failed to win it for Phoenix, Mavs fans willed to win it.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #442
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Why do other teams shoot 100% on desperation threes against us?
Seriously. It's not just a "Man, we're unlucky" fan thing. Other teams seriously do hit like 70% on desperation threes vs. us.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #443
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
I'm so angry at Barea right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
Terry almost cost us the game, damn.
Both of these are wrong. You should be angry at Rick, he almost cost us the game. Terrible coaching.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #444
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Seriously. It's not just a "Man, we're unlucky" fan thing. Other teams seriously do hit like 70% on desperation threes vs. us.
defending their shooters with a 4 footer might have something to do with it
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #445
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Honestly though, those are just Nashy shots.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #446
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
Honestly though, those are just Nashy shots.
In this case, that's true... but it also seems to happen a lot to people who aren't Nash.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #447
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Why do other teams shoot 100% on desperation threes against us?
Wasn't there a game against Philly last year were they must have hit 5 straight 3 pointers to cut a 10 point lead to a 2 point victory? Or something to that effect.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #448
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Rick Carlisle = Confidence Killer
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #449
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
we would be much better with beaubois, who has a style that matches barbosa. but unlike barbosa he's not hurt, our moronic coach just won't play him
Reminds me of what Avery did to Harris in his rookie year. We played Terry over 40 minutes instead of giving Harris a chance.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:11 AM   #450
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Wasn't there a game against Philly last year were they must have hit 5 straight 3 pointers to cut a 10 point lead to a 2 point victory? Or something to that effect.
Philly did get a couple of threes to tie right before Dirk's buzzer beater, but you may be thinking of the game we hosted Atlanta last year. They hit about four threes in the final minute, but back-to-back fast break dunks by Bass sealed the deal.

Edit: I checked the play-by-play, and yes that's the one you're probably thinking of. The score was 94-84 with 1:20 to play but the final score was 100-98. Bibby and Joe Johnson each hit a pair of threes in that sequence.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 12-09-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Dirkadirkastan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 AM   #451
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Marion is all D and I think his offensive game will develop as Howard is worked back into the lineup and the floor opens up a lot more and there are more seams to exploit. Still he does find a lot of easy-to-make shots and he's just been missing them. Still I'd rather have Marion taking a 5' flick than Gooden taking a 17 foot jumper no matter if Marion is shooting 75% or 10% that night.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #452
jr7904

jr7904 is on a distinguished road
Default Any one else confused about RC's coaching?

Let me preface this by saying I love the Mavs, and by no means would I make a coach, but what is going on with RC?

I've already seen that most people don't agree with the 30+min/game JJB is getting but last night why the hell was he defending steve nash?!?!? Obvious mismatch. and the results showed (2) 3pts to almost win the game.

Why would you not use Howard or Roddy. Both of them have proved to be lock down defenders. Yes Howard is injured, Roddy is a rookie, but they have both proven themselves to defend better than JJB

I am a JJB fan, but as an offensive spark. Not a 30+min starter

Where was Roddy that game? He may be a bit raw but that raw talent for 20 mins a game can do wonders in assists create multiple shots for other players like it has been...

I wish I could understand Carlisle....
jr7904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #453
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Philly did get a couple of threes to tie right before Dirk's buzzer beater, but you may be thinking of the game we hosted Atlanta last year. They hit about four threes in the final minute, but back-to-back fast break dunks by Bass sealed the deal.

Edit: I checked the play-by-play, and yes that's the one you're probably thinking of. The score was 94-84 with 1:20 to play but the final score was 100-98. Bibby and Joe Johnson each hit a pair of threes in that sequence.
That was it. Thanks man, good memory.

edit: I tried to rep, but I have to spread some around.

Last edited by tcat075; 12-09-2009 at 01:02 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #454
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr7904 View Post
Let me preface this by saying I love the Mavs, and by no means would I make a coach, but what is going on with RC?

I've already seen that most people don't agree with the 30+min/game JJB is getting but last night why the hell was he defending steve nash?!?!? Obvious mismatch. and the results showed (2) 3pts to almost win the game.

Why would you not use Howard or Roddy. Both of them have proved to be lock down defenders. Yes Howard is injured, Roddy is a rookie, but they have both proven themselves to defend better than JJB

I am a JJB fan, but as an offensive spark. Not a 30+min starter

Where was Roddy that game? He may be a bit raw but that raw talent for 20 mins a game can do wonders in assists create multiple shots for other players like it has been...

I wish I could understand Carlisle....
howard is clearly a better defender but hes not a lockdown defender. Other than roddy and maybe kidd, we dont really have a defensive option on nash. Do you really want howard coming off of an ankle injury guarding nash? Seems like thats increasing the risk of a weird step re injuring it. The guy id generally like to see us throw at nash would be ross but hes obviously hurt. Im not defending playing jjb. But, in this case, we dont really have an option.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #455
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If josh was gassed then I'm very ok with rick not having him in there. The argument is JJB versus Roddy at the end of the game. I would probably have roddy in there but I can also see the reluctance to have a guy who might foul nash on a three or some other boneheaded move. Not to say he wouldn't but he is a rookie and they are stupid.

If QRoss were available I expect he would have been out there instead.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gdt 09/10