Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #441
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I've never seen so many open 3 point shots in my life. I never in my wildest dreams expected this from the Mavs. Never. The Mavs could've went out there and half assed it to avoid injury and they've came out here and played some of the best basketball i've seen this team play in a long time. Offensively this reminds me of those Kings-Mavs matchups. Except Lakers are no Kings.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #442
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Jet pleas listen to me!!!
I'm sorry for my harsh words about your self I'm so sorry!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #443
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

STEP ON THEIR FUC!(&$ THROATS!!!

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #444
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Hope the Mavs will stop jacking up 3-pointers if they start to brick. And ... well ... guess they won't shoot 73.3% the whole game.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #445
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
Can i now smoke my victory cigar?
NO..,. 24 mins to go.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #446
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Please stash it away. It's not entirely obvious that the Mavs are winning this game jus yet.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #447
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
not yet!!!

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #448
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Matt Barnes - fuck off loser, punk ass bitch
Old 05-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #449
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
Magic Johnson just had a brainfart trying to make a point... he meant to say "Lakers are more X than the Mavericks, but they're up 3-0"... not "Mavs are more X than the Lakers, but they're up 3-0"
no he didn't. He means the Mavs are the team playing with desperation not the Lakers, even though the Lakers are the ones on verge of elimination.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #450
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO @ Barry trying to give us no credit. God, fuck all these guys! Yeah...It's all about L.A. having trust issues...THAT'S why they're getting curb stomped. Okay.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #451
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Please stash it away. It's not entirely obvious that the Mavs are winning this game jus yet.
I see what you did there.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #452
beatLA

beatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the roughbeatLA is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by croco View Post
The amazing part is, despite that huge lead, I still don't feel fully comfortable yet.
because you are a loyal fan
Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #453
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
no he didn't. He means the Mavs are the team playing with desperation not the Lakers, even though the Lakers are the ones on verge of elimination.
I see... my bad
Old 05-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #454
polimuni

polimuni is on a distinguished road

jjb "The Pest" lol he has being sensational.....
polimuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #455
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Lol nervous Mavs fans.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #456
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I've never seen so many open 3 point shots in my life. I never in my wildest dreams expected this from the Mavs. Never. The Mavs could've went out there and half assed it to avoid injury and they've came out here and played some of the best basketball i've seen this team play in a long time. Offensively this reminds me of those Kings-Mavs matchups. Except Lakers are no Kings.
Yeah, the thing is...the Mavs are super hot...but literally EVERY three-pointer has been an open look. All of them. Good shooters knock down open looks. I mean sure they're on fire...but even on an average night these guys probably knock down 6-8 of THOSE looks.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #457
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #458
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Don't let up Mavs!!!! Let's goooooo!!!!!!

Go Mavs!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #459
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
Jet pleas listen to me!!!
I'm sorry for my harsh words about your self I'm so sorry!!!
Have to give you rep for this, first off it's hilarious and second, it takes a man to admit that you were wrong.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #460
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Lol nervous Mavs fans.
seriously

this game is over
Old 05-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #461
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Video from a friend of mine at the AAC: http://twitvid.com/KB8SO

Man, what I would give to be there...
Damn, that is loud.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #462
CapitanObvious

The World Chumps scares me...

Old 05-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #463
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

Still not over...gotta keep the focus up, especially at the start of the second half - maybe we just go to Dirk a few times and try to get him going (to have security blanket in case of them making a late run).

Last edited by LetsGoMavs; 05-08-2011 at 03:51 PM.
LetsGoMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #464
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Did we just set a record for most 3-pointers scored in a half during the playoffs?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-08-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #465
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
I want to see Dirk start to take over. We can only ride Terry for so long.
same here!!!

Get the ball to dirk!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #466
Mav Addict
Golden Member

Mav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud ofMav Addict has much to be proud of

Mavs get no love at halftime...this is why I hate LA....it's always their fault
Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #467
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Lol nervous Mavs fans.
Because many of us remember game 4 against Portland.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #468
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx View Post
Magic Johnson just had a brainfart trying to make a point... he meant to say "Lakers are more X than the Mavericks, but they're up 3-0"... not "Mavs are more X than the Lakers, but they're up 3-0"
No I think that's what he meant. He was basically saying the Mavs have more hunger than the Lakers but they're up 3-0. It should be the opposite. The Lakers should have the hunger down 0-3.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #469
mavs777
Diamond Member

"you cant do it for 2 halves you have to do for all 48 minutes"
lol jet

Last edited by mavs777; 05-08-2011 at 03:54 PM.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #470
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
No I think that's what he meant. He was basically saying the Mavs have more hunger than the Lakers but they're up 3-0. It should be the opposite. The Lakers should have the hunger down 0-3.
yeah mavs777 cleared it up a few posts back, I feel like an idiot now to be honest. haha
Old 05-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #471
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
Because many of us remember game 4 against Portland.
Yeah, I don't remember that one. Even though I was there.

This is at home. Lakers are down 3-0. They have two championships and are content. Night and day situations, bro.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #472
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Did we just set a record for most 3-pointers scored in a half during the playoffs?
We tied the record. Shared with Orlando and another one.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #473
WraithXx
Diamond Member

Quote:
All year we've been penetrating their bigs, sucking in their D... we cannot be satisfied with 2 halves, we have to play 48 minutes"

lol jet
my g/f laughed when he said that and then she touched my d***. (not kidding)
Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #474
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yeah, the thing is...the Mavs are super hot...but literally EVERY three-pointer has been an open look. All of them. Good shooters knock down open looks. I mean sure they're on fire...but even on an average night these guys probably knock down 6-8 of THOSE looks.
I agree. Not taking ANYTHING away from the Mavs but this has been the worst defensive performance by a playoff team i've ever witnessed. Even in the Sac-Mavs showdowns. The Lakers defense is literally to leave the Mavs open and hope they miss. They're just not doing it tonight.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #475
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Finish this off guys... dont pull a Portland!
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #476
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

As much as the 3-pt differential is a factor, 20 to 5 on assists is a big thing to note, too.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #477
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
tied
Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #478
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Just continue, donĀ“t let them smell anything!
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #479
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Don't give up.. play Dirk 24 minutes if necessary, he gets enough rest afterwards. WIN THIS GAME AND BLOW THESE F*CKERS OUT IF POSSIBLE!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #480
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Quote:
seriously

this game is over
No its not. Law of averages. We could go cold in the 2nd half.

We have to play defense and get good shots.

Tags
elbow4suspension