Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #441
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Awesome, awesome video. Love the score behind it; as someone said earlier, it makes me think of Friday Night Lights.

If I had one tiny critique, it would be that for the most part you're moving the videos in chronological order, and then every once in a while there's a highlight that's really out of place. Like you crescendo to the end of the Laker series with the JJB cheap shot, and then we see a shot from either Game 1 or 2 as the final highlight from the series.

Maybe you weren't going for that level of chronology, just something I noticed.

But awesome, awesome vid. Loved it.
Thanks for the compliments and critique.

I think you are right on with the critique. The order was supposed to be loosely chronological. I kind of hurried with this project because I felt like I was late to the party on creating a video. I also tried to time some of the clips with the emotion of the song at the time (which forced me to move some pieces around). I should go back and fine tune it a bit though. I thought the exact same thing on that Tyson alley-oop and the end of the Laker section. "Wait, we are back in LA again?"
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #442
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitzness81 View Post
lol, this guy on my FB works for the Mavs.

I know Chenault!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #443
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgDLI...layer_embedded

Lol, Cuban.

I don't know if this video has been posted elsewhere.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #444
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MascisMan View Post
Here is a short video I put together of the playoff run. I am not a pro by any means but I had fun doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuvmf3GR0k4
Damn son! Great video. +rep
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 PM   #445
MascisMan

MascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to beholdMascisMan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Damn son! Great video. +rep
Thanks!
MascisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #446
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Oddly enough, something as simple as this is what makes the championship most real for me. It really brings home what Dirk said: it's something no one can ever take away from him. It's there. Forever.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #447
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Oddly enough, something as simple as this is what makes the championship most real for me. It really brings home what Dirk said: it's something no one can ever take away from him. It's there. Forever.
Jordan, Hakeem, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe... Dirk? Yes, Dirk.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #448
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
That list is insane. Totally weird, that a "white" guy from the Basketball-Pampa buckets the MVP. I mean. No normal sometimes TV - watcher outside the boilings points can name even one German Basketball Bundeslig player.

( OK, i´m more a teamsports-fan, so i´m undecided whether a MVP award makes sense. But this time even neutral watchers agree. I also agree on the MVP title awarded to the Bruins-keep or Lincecum or maybe Rodgers )

Last edited by GermanDunk; 06-27-2011 at 05:46 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #449
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #41 View Post
Piazza Karolo = Karlsplatz? It's on Neuhauser Straße,between Stachus/Karlsplatz and Marienplatz.
I thought so. Long time ago i been in München.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #450
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Here is a short video I put together of the playoff run. I am not a pro by any means but I had fun doing it:

This is by FAR the best vid I've seen so far. I've been waiting for someone to step up.

The ONLY thing I'd like to see is some flash back stuff. Like, right before you show the clips of us clinching in game 6, do a quick flash sequence to 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. Like a flicker effect. That's the only thing I really want to see that I haven't seen in a video yet. Just that last little reminder, amidst the ascension, that it took those failures to create THIS hunger. Does that make sense?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #451
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark View Post
This is by FAR the best vid I've seen so far. I've been waiting for someone to step up.

The ONLY thing I'd like to see is some flash back stuff. Like, right before you show the clips of us clinching in game 6, do a quick flash sequence to 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010. Like a flicker effect. That's the only thing I really want to see that I haven't seen in a video yet. Just that last little reminder, amidst the ascension, that it took those failures to create THIS hunger. Does that make sense?
This video is really good and has the flash sequence you're talking about. (around the 7:35 mark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0brgTf8Kri8

edit: When I say "really good", I really mean "probably the best sports mix I've ever seen". It's close to being perfect.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 06-27-2011 at 07:39 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #452
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
This video is really good and has the flash sequence you're talking about. (around the 7:35 mark)

edit: When I say "really good", I really mean "probably the best sports mix I've ever seen". It's close to being perfect.
I still can't watch that one without getting a tiny bit emotional. I just finished it again and I'm now going to have the biggest grin on my face for at least the next thirty minutes.

Gosh that's good stuff.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #453
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I still can't watch that one without getting a tiny bit emotional. I just finished it again and I'm now going to have the biggest grin on my face for at least the next thirty minutes.

Gosh that's good stuff.
Yeah, that vid definitely leaves a lasting euphoria. My only beef is the music, except the middle song, which is awesome.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #454
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the Underdog mix yesterday again two times...what makes it a total of at least 10 times...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #455
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post

Definitely a good one, but the Rebellion video still takes the cake for me

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #456
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Definitely a good one, but the Rebellion video still takes the cake for me
Agreed.

The Rebellion video is the best Mavs mix ever, even though it's just one game.

But the Underdog Championship Mix is right up there with it.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #457
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Yeah, that vid definitely leaves a lasting euphoria. My only beef is the music, except the middle song, which is awesome.
I disagree. The coldplay at the end was the perfect song to end it on in my opinion.
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #458
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Agreed.

The Rebellion video is the best Mavs mix ever, even though it's just one game.

But the Underdog Championship Mix is right up there with it.
The fact that I can't find it in anything above 360p immediately disqualifies it for me.

Plus that moment has now been completely eclipsed. It's a nice video but the impact of the moment has been taken down several pegs by the championship.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #459
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
I disagree. The coldplay at the end was the perfect song to end it on in my opinion.
"You know how I know you're gay?"

Just kidding. Not a Coldplay fan in the slightest personally. But hey, to each his own.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-27-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:11 AM   #460
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The fact that I can't find it in anything above 360p immediately disqualifies it for me.

Plus that moment has now been completely eclipsed. It's a nice video but the impact of the moment has been taken down several pegs by the championship.
agreed. wish someone could use that song again in a 2011 championship mix, or just a nba finals game 2.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #461
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO This is pretty dang funny.

It's called "Lebron Has Nightmares of Dirk! (HD)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_st...eature=related
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #462
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
LMAO This is pretty dang funny.

It's called "Lebron Has Nightmares of Dirk! (HD)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_st...eature=related
i was roaring with laughter!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:15 PM   #463
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

2011 NBA Championship DVD Trailer releasing on July 19th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrkHV...el_video_title
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #464
Rick41
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post

Looks good, I can't wait for it!

Old 06-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #465
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Nice, relive the season.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #466
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

Quote:

Great. Link ?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #467
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

can anyone see if that is being released on blu ray too?
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #468
Brave Sir Robin

Brave Sir Robin will become famous soon enough

can't wait for the championship dvd.

nice season recap by galloway & co.
Mavs Year In Review

Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 06-28-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #469
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

One Man. One Jar of Nutella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww

Isn't 100% relevant, but I saw some compelling parallels with this year's playoff run:

0:29 - ahhh Blazers!!! just finished punishing the kiddies in game 2 to the tune of 101-89. these playoffs ain't nothin' but a thang.

0:49 - game 4 - blazers. terry misses the 3. nobody's saying it...but everyone's thinking it. meltdown? ...again? how many more bites at the apple will we get? blah blah blah.

0:54 - irrelevant questions o ye of little faith. game 5. balls up guys. we win the next 7 in a row.

1:15 - eh, sometimes it doesn't feel great going down (game 1 - lakers) but we take care of business - like a boss. bye portland. thanks for stopping in lakers.

1:27 - game 2 - OKC. well sh*t. what did we do wrong? as confident as we are, some doubt seeps in. the doubt that comes from loving a team that never seems to get over the hump. the young guns found a way past everyone else so far. are they the cinderellas or are we? for once why can't the f*cking glass slipper fit our size 15 1/2s???

1:30 - game 3. us, duh. look at us, we can barely lift our enormous balls. back to work mofos. goodbye OKC, better luck next year.

2:17 - game 1 / game 3 - heat. we were golden. we were bulletproof. then we got hit by a red and white mack truck. ffs. are we done? are we going to fold like cheap lawn furniture? did we bite off more than we can chew? did we just call michael bay hitler?

2:21 - game 4 - nope. f*ck yes we'll finish. this may taste like sh*t but guess what, we think sh*t tastes DELICIOUS right now.

3:07 - game 6. that's what's left of your season haters. enjoy fishing...bitches.

Last edited by orangedays; 06-28-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: strategic asterisk insertion
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #470
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays View Post
One Man. One Jar of Nutella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OENU9ZMEeww

Isn't 100% relevant
O rly?

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-28-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #471
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
O rly?
Unclench dubya.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #472
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedays View Post
Unclench dubya.
Negative. I thought your vid was hilarious (that dude's face...wow). Just thought that preface was hilarious too.

You must have me confused with Murph. Keep calm and carry on.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 06-29-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #473
orangedays
Platinum Member

Quote:
Negative. I thought your vid was hilarious (that dude's face...wow). Just thought that preface was hilarious too.

You must have me confused with Murph. Keep calm and carry on.
Sorry about that...been gone too long. Did confuse you with madape.

Hug it out.

Last edited by orangedays; 06-29-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #474
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I love every video/image/picture I see of this title run... But for some reason, the one that always puts the biggest smile on my face is the video of Carlisle getting drenched by champagne as he tries to make his way through the players (that you have near the end). The look on his face is truly priceless.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:37 PM   #475
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

a pretty good mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Qgx...layer_embedded
Old 07-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #476
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qq0C...eature=related

Nice mix here... I expecially liked how it highlighted how many of our baskets were assist baskets. The first part made me realize just how much of a savant jason kiddo is. Wow..

And jet...he REALLY is looking for marion on that break. Marion in the starting lineup definitely made us a faster team.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #477
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been re-watching some of the mavs videos. I continue to be amazed at how zombie, in the moment, zone-like the dirkster is. After game 2, no smile, no chest bump, nothing. My wife says he looks exhausted, I'm not so sure.

In almost every other game, he's absolutely stoic. I've never seen him like that, he may have passed a rubicon or something, something is different.

I think it was little Nicky(or the littlest napoleon) who mentioned something about the dirkster yukking it up too much before games.. If he did it this time, I sure didn't see it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:40 PM   #478
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, you see that reaction from him after Game 2 when all the guys are slapping his chest. It looks like he is in full "hypnotic" state at that point. When Brewer, Whitley, etc are congratulating him, I don't even think he realized what was going on....

That hypnotic state of "going to will my team to win no matter what...." was in full mode in every game in the 4th quarters....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #479
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qq0C...eature=related

Nice mix here... I expecially liked how it highlighted how many of our baskets were assist baskets. The first part made me realize just how much of a savant jason kiddo is. Wow..

And jet...he REALLY is looking for marion on that break. Marion in the starting lineup definitely made us a faster team.
That tightrope-walking, behind-the-back dish to Marion @Miami in December may be my favorite play of the year. Those two have had some great hookups these past two years (off the glass oop @LAC in 2009-2010, anyone?)

Old 07-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #480
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I've been re-watching some of the mavs videos. I continue to be amazed at how zombie, in the moment, zone-like the dirkster is. After game 2, no smile, no chest bump, nothing. My wife says he looks exhausted, I'm not so sure.

In almost every other game, he's absolutely stoic. I've never seen him like that, he may have passed a rubicon or something, something is different.

I think it was little Nicky(or the littlest napoleon) who mentioned something about the dirkster yukking it up too much before games.. If he did it this time, I sure didn't see it.
Dude I totally have to agree with this. He just has this emotionless look on his face, like he is so locked in, it's almost like he is just chillin, like he is just toying with everyone because he just in that place where he can shred people. I see that look on his face and it leaves me in awe as to how professional and dedicated he is. Simply amazing.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote