Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #441
Cerberus

Cerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to beholdCerberus is a splendid one to behold

I don't care if Mills is an Aussie, but he's a Spur. F**K him.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #442
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Who can defend him better? Dally and Blair are too slow. Wright can't move his feet. Dirk is injured or too old to keep up. Marion has been awful, but is needed on Parker/Ginobli because every time he isn't Parker/Ginobli go off for 4-5 layups.
throw sarge to the game then god dammit ur losing by 30 how much worst can it get

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Mills is a crappy player. He belongs to some 20-62 team as a starting pg.
it bothers me when players like him can get a ring and other like vince carter or steve nash cant
ffballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:56 PM   #443
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mills is a F@#4king a@#@$hole.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:57 PM   #444
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballer View Post
throw sarge to the game then god dammit ur losing by 30 how much worst can it get

it bothers me when players like him can get a ring and other like vince carter or steve nash cant
Well, you know who has a championship ring? Brendan Haywood and Dominique Jones.

Also, Caron Butler who didn't play a minute in the playoffs.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #445
m4vs89

m4vs89 is a jewel in the roughm4vs89 is a jewel in the roughm4vs89 is a jewel in the roughm4vs89 is a jewel in the roughm4vs89 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Ha, personal attacks will just get you banned. And gladly so...

You called me a blind and naive homer. Don't start stupid shit, and it won't be thrown back in your face.

And speaking of being an idiot...saying we should bench Dirk is the dumbest opinion I think I've ever heard.
I don't give a fuck if I get banned.

If you can't see that Dirk is too old to be the primary option on a team and still expect him to carry a team deep into the playoffs then yeah you're a homer or just plain naive.
m4vs89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:58 PM   #446
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

God I can't stand Pop. Poker face as his guys walk by. Too cool. Military douche. Such a phony
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:59 PM   #447
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4vs89 View Post

If you can't see that Dirk is too old to be the primary option on a team and still expect him to carry a team deep into the playoffs then yeah you're a homer or just plain naive.
Nvm.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-04-2014 at 05:01 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #448
DirkFinMcCloud

DirkFinMcCloud is a jewel in the roughDirkFinMcCloud is a jewel in the roughDirkFinMcCloud is a jewel in the roughDirkFinMcCloud is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Actually he had an awesome season...just a bad round in the playoffs...unfortunately it was against the spurs. Dirk still has it, it's just that the spurs figured us out.

We should've won this series though.
DirkFinMcCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #449
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Why are statues in?
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #450
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFinMcCloud View Post
Actually he had an awesome season...just a bad round in the playoffs...unfortunately it was against the spurs. Dirk still has it, it's just that the spurs figured us out.

We should've won this series though.
The story with Dirk is the story its always been. He can't do it by himself. Monta had spurts but to me its clear that this team still needs another scorer on this team.

They need someone who can score points easy. Someone who can score easy interior points. They actually could use a few guys like that.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #451
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballer View Post

Very sad indeed.

I'd like to have VC back, but maybe he should go ring hunting.

Add Deng and Gortat and he could win it with us.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #452
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Spurs were due for a big game like this. It sucks, and losing is never fun. But we should be pretty happy that we hung around with arguably the best team in the league.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #453
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Why are statues in?
Lol auto-correct starters
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #454
MaverickGold

MaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of lightMaverickGold is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Can you tell all of the homers and naive posters on this board who all of the first ballot hall of fame players are that came off the bench at the end of their career?

Or do you want the sole reason that Dallas is a serious basketball club to break that record too?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
MaverickGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #455
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Dirk doesn't hit his open shots. Damn...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #456
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

thats the end of Dirk in this season.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #457
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

well the truth is that u want players like dirk on your roster but he cant carry a team on his shoulders, its like kg in brooklyn hes not the same that the kg from boston but his mere presence boost the whole team, im not saying either that hes garbage or cant play or anything just that is the time when somebody else needs to grab the pasing torch from dirk
Old 05-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #458
DirkFinMcCloud

DirkFinMcCloud is a jewel in the roughDirkFinMcCloud is a jewel in the roughDirkFinMcCloud is a jewel in the roughDirkFinMcCloud is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
The story with Dirk is the story its always been. He can't do it by himself. Monta had spurts but to me its clear that this team still needs another scorer on this team.

They need someone who can score points easy. Someone who can score easy interior points. They actually could use a few guys like that.
zach randolph is a free agent next season...
Old 05-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #459
ffballer

id love to see vc back but id like him to win a ring before retiring he deserves it
Old 05-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #460
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think the Spurs were due for a big game like this. It sucks, and losing is never fun. But we should be pretty happy that we hung around with arguably the best team in the league.
Of course they were. They are the best 3 point shooting in the league. You just had that feeling this game was coming. But the unfortunate thing is, the Mavs outplayed the Spurs for the majority of this series and played well enough to sweep them or close it out in 5.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #461
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
too bad he's a headcase.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #462
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't like the idea of him or Dirk as our starting centers though.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #463
DirkFinMcCloud

This is how's it's been all season...blowing big leads. Maybe they'll realize that leads are important to hold onto next season...Could've had 60 wins
Old 05-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #464
ActionJackson

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

As a European I have to ask.

Would Dirk's legacy be forever tarnished if he'd sign with the Spurs next summer?

That would be the biggest shock in sports?
Old 05-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #465
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is how's it's been all season...blowing big leads. Maybe they'll realize that leads are important to hold onto next season...Could've had 60 wins
Ummm, we never had a big lead in this game.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #466
ffballer

wow man that face on vince just kills me pure sadness and frustration
Old 05-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #467
DirkFinMcCloud

Quote:
I don't like the idea of him or Dirk as our starting centers though.
I would rather have randolph than Gortat. He can put up more points, and is a bigger body..he plays bigger than his height. He's 6'9"...In that case Dirk could play the C, and Randolph PF...and Randolph can bang down low too. Dirk's low post defense isn't all too bad as long as he doesn't have to keep switching off on pick and rolls having to guard a guard. Our point guards' defense really killed us
Old 05-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #468
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

I wonder what dirk is thinking on the bench? he has a deep stare in his eyes.

pass the rock to the german moses

Last edited by jamaljasonandjimmy; 05-04-2014 at 05:09 PM.
jamaljasonandjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #469
DirkFinMcCloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Ummm, we never had a big lead in this game.
I was referring to the entire season..hence the "60 wins"
Old 05-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #470
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaljasonandjimmy View Post
I wonder what dirk is thinking on the bench? he has a deep stare in his eyes.
"If only the Mavs fans on fan forums were better fans, we would have won this one."
Old 05-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #471
DirkFinMcCloud

dang, monta and cuban looked very sad right there
Old 05-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #472
ActionJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
"If only the Mavs fans on fan forums were better fans, we would have won this one."
"I wonder what the Knicks will offer me for a three year deal"
Old 05-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #473
jamaljasonandjimmy

jamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of lightjamaljasonandjimmy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
As a European I have to ask.

Would Dirk's legacy be forever tarnished if he'd sign with the Spurs next summer?

That would be the biggest shock in sports?
no, a man can choose what he wants in life. even if its the lakers, spurs or this team. but he is not an anchor man night in and night out and ellis didnt show up this game

Old 05-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #474
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Of course they were. They are the best 3 point shooting in the league. You just had that feeling this game was coming. But the unfortunate thing is, the Mavs outplayed the Spurs for the majority of this series and played well enough to sweep them or close it out in 5.
If Blair plays in game 5, then I think this series could be completely different.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-04-2014 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #475
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

This game can't be over soon enough...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #476
ActionJackson

Quote:
dang, monta and cuban looked very sad right there
Yes, but very nice team spirit there. I'm very proud of this team.

When the season started many said that there will be no defence, but the games will be fun to watch. They were right on the money.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #477
jamaljasonandjimmy

Quote:
If Blair plays in gam 5, then I think this series could be completely different.
if blair didnt get suspended the series would have only lasted 6 games. why didnt someone get suspended when they had 5 inbounders in game 6

Old 05-04-2014, 05:14 PM   #478
DirkFinMcCloud

We need to do what we can to ensure dirk retires a Mav. He had an awesome season, just a bad playoffs series. We also need to work on Ricky Ledo, he's a skilled player. Hopefully Mark is thinking ahead for next season already...knowing him, he probably is
Old 05-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #479
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Yes, but very nice team spirit there. I'm very proud of this team.

When the season started many said that there will be no defence, but the games will be fun to watch. They were right on the money.
And fun to watch goes a long way in the current league. Hard core defensive teams just don't really exist minus maybe four teams, and you have to have a good offense with good guards to even compete. Shame Ellis didn't show up this game.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #480
ffballer

did u guys saw the support of mark on monta when he sat on the bench that s so cool if u wanna have a champion team u need the support from your teammates owner coaching staff and fans