Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #481
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

The Spurs beat the Mavericks tonight. Period.

Still, it's baffling that the Mavericks shot 6 FT's, especially considering that they attacked the basket quite a bit.

I just hope Dirk and Bradley will be back for Game 4.

Old 05-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #482
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

forget FTs,they're almost up by 30!!!!!!!!!!!! in rebounds.
nowitzki_prophecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #483
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

is that some heckling fan on the sideline yelling to the refs: why are you calling that now?! it's been like that all night long!

that's kinda funny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #484
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

What a shit end to what was a promising start in this series.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #485
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

don't blame the refs
don't blame the mavs
This was a butt kicking by Duncan and the spurs. You see why he is the MVP.
Parker had a heck of a game, but he can get in the lane because we don't have a shot blocker. nash can't do that in this series because Duncan is in there and he is a one man wrecking crew.

Lets all pray that Dirk is ok. If he can't play for the rest of the series that will suck, but I would take a sprain and full strength next year rather then a torn ligament. I tore on when I use to play and they are a b@tch to come back from.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #486
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

The TNT crew just reported that Dirk is having X-rays done right now.

Why didn't we see Griffin at all tonight?

Dirk is headed to the hospital.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #487
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

dirk on crutches is NOT the image I wanted to see...
Old 05-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #488
DTL
Diamond Member

<< Lets all pray that Dirk is ok. If he can't play for the rest of the series that will suck, but I would take a sprain and full strength next year rather then a torn ligament. >>

Amen
Old 05-23-2003, 10:38 PM   #489
Capital Maverick

Capital Maverick is on a distinguished road

I am sick of this shit. I don't know which bird icon said it, but this &quot;first I love nelson, then I hate nelson&quot; bullshit has got to stop. Either crucify him and leave him there or defend and love him. This crap about putting him on a cross, taking him down when the Mavericks beat Sacramento, then put him back up after a bad couple of games is worthless.

Seriously, pick a side and stay there. Nothing pisses me off worse than blaming the coach for a loss. Did &quot;Bruise-A-Bruce&quot; work? No, not this time. But we loved it the other night. Will it work again? Maybe, who knows. The legendary coach Red made some pretty piss poor decisions, too. Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Rudy T, and any other coach who has ever coached in the NBA has made some stupid mistakes.

It's just plain childish to pin this on Nellie. He can't make the shots for them, he can't keep Dirk from getting hurt, all he can do is make the best possible line up.

When you put a loss on a coach alone, you are stooping to the level of a Sacramento fan.

You should be better than that.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #490
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Tim Duncan can kiss my ass! I don't want to here his lip service &quot;sorry dirk got hurt&quot; crap. You know you aren't sorry you freakin hypocrite! I wouldn't be saying &quot;sorry tim broke his knee&quot; if the tables were turned.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #491
DNNF
Golden Member

DNNF will become famous soon enoughDNNF will become famous soon enough

Spurs outplayed us in the second half (ironic) in every category possible. But the most important thing is Dirk and Bradley get healthy.

You can't blame the refs at all tonight, they did a great job allow the players decided the game. The spurs are just better tonight.

DNNF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:41 PM   #492
TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 will become famous soon enoughTwoDeep3 will become famous soon enough

Careful now Capital Mavericks...if you talk like that you will be a troll here.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:42 PM   #493
jeex

jeex is on a distinguished road

what can you say? FUCK

the mavs only had 1 short lived hot streak.
dirk is.. i dunno.. *shudder*
the bench (not counting NVE) was half assed.
and the spurs were hot.

oh lord, please heal dirk tonite.. and let us win game 4..

going down 3-1 would be helacious.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:42 PM   #494
Capital Maverick

That is the God's honest truth. The Spurs simply outplayed Dallas tonight.

I do believe that Duncan is sincere when he says that he doesn't want anyone to get hurt. You want to play with both teams at full strength. Then, you run into the same thing of &quot;Webber got hurt. Dallas didn't really win that series because Webber got hurt&quot;.

Besides, Duncan seems like a good kid.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:43 PM   #495
DTL
Diamond Member

hats off to the spurs. they came to Dallas on a mission, and they got what they wanted: homecourt advantage back to them.

mavs played with impressive defensive energy in the first half, and the offense returned from the last series. but in the third quarter, parker and duncan worked together beautifully.

let's all hope dirk's alright. and bradley, too. sucks to be finally getting the injury bug on us.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:46 PM   #496
big_pth
Diamond Member

Capitol Snake or whatever your name is, I am sincere when I say that I wouldn't feel bad if Duncan went out and we won a ring. Them's the breaks. I don't like his hypocrisy in NOT saying &quot;Them's the breaks. We win this series easy them smack NJ if Dallas is without Dallas.&quot;
Old 05-23-2003, 10:46 PM   #497
CwDogg

CwDogg will become famous soon enough

Shitty Defence on Tony Parker cost us this game!!!!!!!
CwDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:47 PM   #498
Capital Maverick

Not trying to be a dick, but you have got to clean up your grammer. I couldn't understand a word of your post.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:48 PM   #499
big_pth
Diamond Member

<< Not trying to be a dick, >>

A little late for that isn't it
Old 05-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #500
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

nowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the roughnowitzki_prophecy is a jewel in the rough

<< am sick of this shit. I don't know which bird icon said it, but this &quot;first I love nelson, then I hate nelson&quot; bullshit has got to stop. Either crucify him and leave him there or defend and love him. This crap about putting him on a cross, taking him down when the Mavericks beat Sacramento, then put him back up after a bad couple of games is worthless. >>

actualy,me and couple of others said Nellie should leave even after the Sacto series.
a couple of good games would'nt change my mind,i think he's the wrong coach for this team,or any team for that mather.

<< It's just plain childish to pin this on Nellie. He can't make the shots for them, he can't keep Dirk from getting hurt, all he can do is make the best possible line up. >>

there is alot of truth in that,and im not pinning this one on Nellie,despite what i said earlier in the heat of the moment,but he made so many mistakes that could have guarenteed the win,its just sad.
HE GOT PARKER A 19 POINT QUARTER,NOT NASH WITH BAD DEFENSE,HE ALONE GOT PARKER THAT HOT.
steve obviously isnt quick enough on the defensive end to guard parker,you dont leave him on him with no change what so ever beside hoping he'll miss his next shot.
you put Raja Bell on him,who did a great job in game 1,2 and the start of this game.
thats the coaches job.
and when you get the other player rolling like that,you give them so much momentom,you just cant come back from.

i also accuse Nellie on not having the best Line-up(at that time)at the start of the Second half,Benching Nick,and getting him cold,than expecting him to torch the net like nothing happened.

not having ANY OFFENSIVE PLAY WHATSOEVER.
that could never be the players fault,but its their problem their coach only knows the Pick&amp;Role.

i could go on about stuff i think he should have changed on the roster but thats not soulely about this game.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #501
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

This series is not over. We are down 1 game. We don't know about Dirk yet. I'm not ready to give up.
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 10:51 PM   #502
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Final Results, Spurs win 96-83.

Finley (43) 4-11, 1-3, 2-2, 11pts, 4rbs, 6as, 1to, 2stls

Dirk (40) 7-20, 1-4, 15pts, 9rbs, 2as, 3to's, 1stl, 1blk

Raef (30) 5-12, 0-1, 10pts, 3rbs, 1to, 3stls, 5blks

Bell (27) 6-10, 1-2, 1-2, 14pts, 2rbs, 2as, 1to

Nash 37) 4-9, 2-2, 10pts, 4rbs, 9as, 4to's, 2stls, 1blk

NVE (34) 6-15, 3-6, 1-2, 16pts, 3rbs, 3as, 2to's

Bradley (4) 2rbs, 1to

Eddie (16) 0-5, 3rbs, 1as, 1blk

Walt (5) 2-2, 1-1, 5pts, 4rbs

Griffin (2) 1-2, 2pts, 1rb

TAW (2) 0-1, 1rb, 1as

A lot of things spelled this game as a disaster.

Dirk's slow start, not to mention the injury.

Parker schooled Nash in the 3rd quarter.

Nelson screwed up by taking Bell and Raef out too early. Bell came back in but the damage was done. Raef was whistled for 2 quick early fouls and was not able to recover.

Bradley wasn't a factor in this game either, but the knee injury is alarming. If he and Dirk are out, we have NO SIZE up front.

I wonder why Griffin wasn't able to come in before the game was decided.

Turnovers didn't help. 4 for Dirk, 3 for Nash, 2 for NVE.

3rd quarter was the killer even though we were only down 3 at the end of that. The momentum had shifted.

Finley was not aggressive offensively in the first half.

Rebound, Rebound, Rebound, Rebound, Rebound, Rebound.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #503
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

i take my hat of to Duncan,not only did he justyfide His MVP title in every aspect of the title,but he showed he's a good person to boot.

the truth is,the Spurs came much much more prepared for this series,if its the brake they got after taking LA in 6 or just a better mentaly education,they came prepared and did what they set out to do.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #504
Capital Maverick

My question is this...

If Bruise-a-Bruce would have worked, had Dallas somehow pulled this game out, would you still think the same way?

Would you, if it happens, still want Nelson to leave if Dallas wins a title?

Would you call for his head so quickly if he were to become &quot;an NBA Championship&quot; coach?

I just want to know, in complete honesty, if you would feel the same if the stars lined up and those things were to happen? If so, I'll end it. I just hate to see someone treated like a villan when his team loses and like a brilliant coach when his team wins.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:55 PM   #505
Tank

Tank is on a distinguished road

safe to say series is over even if dirk comes back or not cause he wont be 100% and we needed both games here espicially the first casue they got homecourt advantage just answer me this

WHY THE F*** DOES NELLIE GO WITH THE 2 PG LINEUP ALL THE TIME WE LOST THIS GAME BECAUSE PARKER GOT 20 POINTS IN THE 3RD QUARTER SO WHY THE 2 PG LINEUP????? MUST LEAVE BELL IN ESPICIALLY WHEN BELLS GOT 14 POINTS IN THE FIRST HALF AND SHOOTING IT GREAT GOD I HATE NELLIE TO BAD HES COMING BACK
Old 05-23-2003, 10:58 PM   #506
DTL
Diamond Member

Can the mods pls lock this thread? nothing intelligent going on anymore
Old 05-23-2003, 10:58 PM   #507
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

<< Would you, if it happens, still want Nelson to leave if Dallas wins a title? >>

<< Would you call for his head so quickly if he were to become &quot;an NBA Championship&quot; coach? >>

like i told you,i dont zig zag like that,and most of the fans here are the same.
an opinion isnt changed after 1 game,or 2 games,or the entire playoffs fot that matter.
Nellie hasnt changed a single thing in our game since last year and i sincerly wonder what had happened if Webber was healty.
the only thing that got us this far was alot of gutsy performances from players,not brilliant decisions by nellie.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:01 PM   #508
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I gotta say, guys, I'm not a very optimistic person to begin w/ &amp; this is just downright depressing. We can only hope the injury isn't too serious &amp; Dirk can come back even more determined like he did during I think the last Sacto game this year where he had the sprained ankle. I was really hoping we'd rally &amp; get this one since we weren't down by that much, but Parker &amp; TD killed us. Nothing we can do but win the next one &amp; hope for the best. One game at a time. &amp; pray for Dirk.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:02 PM   #509
Capital Maverick

Would Tony Parker have scored that many points with a team full of Raja's on the floor? Yes.

Would Tony Parker had scored less points without a two point guard line up? No

Should he have kept Raja in? Yes

Do the Mavericks need to learn, and learn quickly, how to make stops? Yes.

Will they learn how to do it this series?
No.

The two point guard system is not the reason they lost. The fact that Nelson took Raja out of the game is not the reason that they lost. They were just undoubtedly out played.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:04 PM   #510
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

<< Would Tony Parker have scored that many points with a team full of Raja's on the floor? Yes. >>

so your just gonna say things with out backing them up?thats just laim.
Raja has showen more than once that he cant Stop Raja cold,and the start of a game is a good example of it.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:05 PM   #511
Chicago JK

Chicago JK will become famous soon enough

Parker started out the third with Raja on him and he had about 8 points when Raja was taken out. Parker was kiling the whole mavs team. He was getting into the lane and we didn't have any shot blockers on the inside.
Chicago JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:08 PM   #512
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

<< Parker stared out the third with Raja on him and he had about 8 points when Raja was taken out. Parker was kiling the whole mavs team. He was getting into the lane and we didn't have any shot blockers on the inside. >>

BS,did you watched the same game??parker didnt had no 8 points on Raja,i dont even think he guarded him to start the half.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:08 PM   #513
MikeB
Golden Member

MikeB has a spectacular aura aboutMikeB has a spectacular aura about

Parker started his huge run while Bell was in the game....Nellie moved Nash over on him to try to slow him down. It didn't work...he made his shots...I just wish someone would knock him on his ass when he goes in there with one of those tear drops.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:10 PM   #514
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

i dont think its that hopeless.

a win in game #4 is not that impossible without Dirk,but the players need to show up,and with out Dirk,Raef will need to grab more than 1-2 boards.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:12 PM   #515
Capital Maverick

Tony Parker was going to score no matter what scheme the Dallas coach, who I remind all of you that he is the third anti-christ who embodies the characteristics that go hand in hand with a career loser who doesn't deserve to breath life giving air*, could throw at him. That's my point. When a player is on, he's on.

* Don Nelson is also the guy who had the balls to bring over Steve Nash, draft some project guy from Germany who may turn into a decent player by the end of his career, and also keep Van Exel.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:13 PM   #516
MavsFanFinley
Guru

The Mavs played some impressive 'd' in the 1st half, but it was a no show in that 3rd quarter.

Parker willed that win for the Spurs. Add the destruction Duncan bestowed on us and it spells a loss for the Mavs.

What I'm having a fit about is why didn't Nelson switch Finley or bring in Griffin to put on Parker?

I know Finley isn't a defensive genius, but he's brought it this series. It couldn't have hurt to put him on Parker for a spell.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:16 PM   #517
Tarpley'sGhost

Tarpley'sGhost is on a distinguished road

I guess I need to stop smoking crack.. I hate to be right.

<< Mavericks lose tonight.

112 - 105

Duncan is unstoppable tonight as usual, but Parker adds to the equation. Nash has another bad game and Finley just can't pick up the slack. Dirk gets his, but too little to late.

>>

&quot;I think our best win,&quot; Van Exel said, &quot;is still yet to come.&quot;
Tarpley'sGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 11:19 PM   #518
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

<< Tony Parker was going to score no matter what scheme the Dallas coach, who I remind all of you that he is the third anti-christ who embodies the characteristics that go hand in hand with a career loser who doesn't deserve to breath life giving air*, could throw at him. That's my point. When a player is on, he's on. >>

first let me congradulate you on being funny,good,now that thats over with,a player is hot and continutes to get points on the board only if you allow him to continue hot.
some hard nose defense and some nice hard fouls could have sealed Parkers story a long time ago.

<< Don Nelson is also the guy who had the balls to bring over Steve Nash, draft some project guy from Germany who may turn into a decent player by the end of his career, and also keep Van Exel. >>

so thats about all you can say he did good?made good deals a couple of years back?!WHO FUCKING CARES!!!!you keep a coach if he does a good job,and get achievamnts,and show the team is developing under his hands,not because he did something good a couple of years back.
the coach should be the best one to run the team,not the one who got the players over here.
if you can get both,thats terrific,but if you cant,just bring on the better coach.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:23 PM   #519
Capital Maverick

So, I guess 60 wins is a radio flyer full of shit.

I guess having a team get to the playoffs three consecutive years, improving in win total each of those years, is absolutely nothing.

I guess having a team advancing at least to the second round of the playoffs each of the last three years is a failure.

Man, I guess Nellie is worthless.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:26 PM   #520
nowitzki_prophecy
Platinum Member

<< So, I guess 60 wins is a radio flyer full of shit. >>

actualy,it does,IT MEANS NOTHING!!he did the same thing with Milwaukee,and ended up with his tale between his legs.
reguler season means nothing.

<< Man, I guess Nellie is worthless. >>

got that right.