Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-21-2008, 05:41 PM   #481
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
If you scroll back a page or so, I described a trade I made in a 10 man yahoo money league just the other day, with a pretty darned identical roster situation. From a team where I had Romo/Cutler (and Colston/Megatron/Boldin at WR), I traded Cutler, Patrick Crayton, and Chris Perry for Larry Johnson, Steve Smith, and Matt Cassel. The consensus amongst posters here was that it was a good trade, but that I was probably underselling Cutler a little bit, but I was happy with the trade because the addition of Smith will really fortify my WR rotation in a league where wide receivers come at a premium because all of our teams can only play two RB's and are required to start WR/WR/WR/WR-TE every week. I'd say that considering your nice depth at RB, if you can find an active trade partner, you are absolutely right to be looking to target an elite WR, and you can hopefully be able to patch together a larger trade featuring Cutler to make it happen...
Yeah, I think I want to make a big trade that will let me snag both the WR and TE I'm looking for. I've got my eye on a team with Favre as their QB. I'm thinking if I propose Cutler and Roddy White for Boldin and Antonio Gates I might be able to get a bite. We'll see.

It is interesting how close our teams resemble each other. Great minds think alike, huh?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #482
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
It is interesting how close our teams resemble each other. Great minds think alike, huh?
It certainly looks like it (although on the whole, my fantasy teams are off to some damned choppy starts this year)...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-21-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #483
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, same here although I'm 1-0 in that league, and I do think that team has some serious potential. I think I'm shot as far as the other league is concerned since it's a two QB league and I'm starting Palmer and Campbell. I've got Hasselbeck on the bench and absolutely zero decent pickups on the waiver wire. So I'm close to giving up on that league. This league has a bit of potential though.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 09-21-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #484
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm dead in the water against Flac. Ah well, it was nice to keep it close against such a singular performance.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:15 PM   #485
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Ronnie Brown?...what can you do, jthig.

You have a few monster games from people out of left field, in fantasy, you just have to hope your steer clear of them. It's definitely not easy to do.

I owe a massive thank you to the Baltimore D. My team needed a massive jolt and they did it. Now I'm right where I wanna be, actually even better. Jennings and Folk need to keep up with Witten and Crosby.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #486
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Well....sorry about that thig.

Willie Parker really screwed you today (and me in another league). I don't know what the problem is....we saw how overrated the weak eagle defense is last week.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #487
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased about being able to keep Felix and AP in the keeper league.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #488
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

That garbage time halfway through the 4th helped me out with Jennings. Get some PPR, yardage, and bonus for yardage. My trades really worked out as well. Forte gave me the best production I've had from a RB out of 3 weeks, and Shockey did the same.

I was thinking, best case, to be a little behind with 2 players to go vs. Favre. Came out better than that, I feel good, but know it's not over.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #489
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot believe Julius Jones was my only fantasy bright spot this week.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #490
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

For the people in the keeper league and looking to put a deal together, the Trading Block is a pretty nice feature. Makes it easy to let everyone know what you're looking for and who you're looking to deal.

Would be pretty useful if most everyone kept theirs updated. Just FYI.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 PM   #491
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I put Chad Johnson on the block. Just kinda testing the market.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #492
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I hate my team.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:40 PM   #493
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Maybe if they had a better coach...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 09-22-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #494
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Looks like I'm gonna lose by 4 points. Being 1-2 sounds 1000% more horrible than 2-1.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 09-22-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #495
BGMaverick9
Guru

The Sike-Trifecta is complete.
You know I kid b/c I care, Sike.

Who would've thought Rivers would start out being a top 5 QB in the league? It wasn't a complete effort still from my lineup, which is a still a good and comforting thing. Let's keep the train rolling to Week 4...

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 09-22-2008 at 10:40 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:40 PM   #496
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm 3-0 in two leagues.

The other 3 leagues....well I'm not too worried about those
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #497
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

BG Shockey is out 3-6 weeks having hernia surgery lol. Sorry about that, least you only gave up Matt Ryan off your bench. (he's on bench too anyway)
Old 09-23-2008, 06:30 AM   #498
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

In the Yahoo league I have 5 players with a bye. 4 of them have started every game. Both of my QB's. So I guess Flaco will surely get his first win this week.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 AM   #499
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Vernon Davis. And Laurence Q. Maroney.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 09-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #500
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
BG Shockey is out 3-6 weeks having hernia surgery lol. Sorry about that, least you only gave up Matt Ryan off your bench. (he's on bench too anyway)
It's not even a blip on the radar. I can afford to wait it out on Shockey. There are still lots of options to look at, you don't have to be sorry...it's not like you magically knew he was going to have surgery and withheld information, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
I hate Vernon Davis. And Laurence Q. Maroney.
I can definitely see some frustration as owners of those two guys. Both might utter busts for the entire year. Maroney can't earn the carries, and can't stay healthy. Davis apparently can't really do anything Martz wants and they're winning without him producing...that's an ugly combo for Davis.

It should get REALLY interesting now, BYE WEEKS. Who has major players missing, who has multiple bye issues, etc. etc. Should be interesting.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #501
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Willie Parker out next week now... :/
Old 09-23-2008, 01:54 PM   #502
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Glad I kept telling myself to keep Mendenhall. I almost dropped him several times.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #503
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Willie Parker out next week now... :/
Yeah, but with Ben a little banged up now and facing Baltimore...was he really going to have a monster game? It hurts potentially long term, who knows how long he is out, but I don't think it matters for him this week. I really doubt he would've been fully effective.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #504
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah I'm starting Edgerrin James for Parker this week in sike's league...can't be any worse than Parker was this last week.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #505
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
For the people in the keeper league and looking to put a deal together, the Trading Block is a pretty nice feature. Makes it easy to let everyone know what you're looking for and who you're looking to deal.

Would be pretty useful if most everyone kept theirs updated. Just FYI.
updated.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #506
BGMaverick9
Guru

Mine is updated as well!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #507
BGMaverick9
Guru

Plax is out 2 weeks (bye week and next week) b/c of "insubordination."

Fox sports broke the story and ESPN has it on their page as well.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #508
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Freaking Burress... that sucks.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #509
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Freaking Burress... that sucks.
That's hilarious - the guy in my league who owns him already had to bench ALL his other WRs because of byes!

It's gonna be a tough week for him - now he has to drop at least one good player to field a full lineup (unless he decides to tank this week by keeping guys who have byes as starters!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #510
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone want to start up an ESPN keeper league for fantasy basketball? I would definitely join.

Contact Me
Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 AM   #511
BGMaverick9
Guru

I would definitely consider it alby!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #512
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Id join.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #513
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't like any of these people above, so I wouldn't join
Old 09-25-2008, 08:48 AM   #514
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

Since Flaco's out, I'd join.

Is this ghost ball??
Old 09-25-2008, 09:04 AM   #515
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Since Flaco's out, I'd join.
I think that's everyone's unwritten rule.

Contact Me
Old 09-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #516
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I made myself sad.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #517
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Seeking some trade advice here. I have been offered:

McFadden
Megatron (Calvin Johnson)
Ronnie Brown

for

Brandon Marshall
Braylon Edwards

Whaddya think?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #518
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Hmmm.

Brandon Marshall is, far and away, the best player in that deal.

But, I don't think Edwards is an elite receiver this season. Depending on how your RB situation is, I think I'd be in favor of that deal for you.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #519
alby
Guru

Is it a keeper league?

Contact Me
Old 09-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #520
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Seeking some trade advice here. I have been offered:

McFadden
Megatron (Calvin Johnson)
Ronnie Brown

for

Brandon Marshall
Braylon Edwards

Whaddya think?
Which WR/RBs do you have?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6 points per fluff, fantasy, fantasy fluff, your mom is my fantasy