Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs by 20+ 1 20.00%
Mavs win by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs win by 1-9 3 60.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 1 20.00%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2020, 08:28 AM   #481
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you guys hear Luka hit a game winner in OT of game 4?! Crazy stats too

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2020, 08:44 AM   #482
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
MRI means hes probably missing the next game minimum
That would suck if he did, but with KP I’ll be infinitely relieved as long as it doesn’t turn out he needs microfracture surgery or something. The injury history of guys that tall is very grim.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #483
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Luka is special. I loved the double teaming of Kawhi. It looks like he isn’t used to that kind of double team. Love it when Boban is in and he’s junking up the middle. His pick and roll with Luka is the most difficult to defend coz his man is usually a center and can’t keep up. I hope KP is ok.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:53 AM   #484
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Luka and Boban pick and roll is really a nightmare for the Clips. Boban is just too big for anyone on that team. I think look got a lot of his assists on this play alone.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #485
LukaThaDonPart2
Banned

LukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
That would suck if he did, but with KP I’ll be infinitely relieved as long as it doesn’t turn out he needs microfracture surgery or something. The injury history of guys that tall is very grim.
It is the one reservation I have when we look back 5 years from now will we say he overdelivered or underdelivered simply because he couldn't stay healthy. Not saying we didn't have to roll the dice on him when we stole him from the Knicks, but results are all that matters in the end.

Last edited by LukaThaDonPart2; 08-24-2020 at 12:13 PM.
LukaThaDonPart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:35 PM   #486
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon2 View Post
Luka is special. I loved the double teaming of Kawhi. It looks like he isn’t used to that kind of double team. Love it when Boban is in and he’s junking up the middle. His pick and roll with Luka is the most difficult to defend coz his man is usually a center and can’t keep up. I hope KP is ok.
Yes I think they were able to double team Kawhi at times in a way that he didn't expect or wasn't ready for and that helped us generate some turnovers. I like the idea of sending a late double team or crashing hard on him if he turns his back so he can't see it coming. i think also mixing in some early/mid/late possession double teams is good. he seemed tentative and unsure in making the right pass. granted we'll probably get burned some but man once he's in a rhythm his mid range and fadeaway game is money.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #487
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
Yes I think they were able to double team Kawhi at times in a way that he didn't expect or wasn't ready for and that helped us generate some turnovers. I like the idea of sending a late double team or crashing hard on him if he turns his back so he can't see it coming. i think also mixing in some early/mid/late possession double teams is good. he seemed tentative and unsure in making the right pass. granted we'll probably get burned some but man once he's in a rhythm his mid range and fadeaway game is money.
To be fair, He got caught off guard maybe twice, but when it mattered most he found a wide open Morris for what would have normally been a game winner.

Imo, Guys like KL and Luka make things happen, you can't expect consistent return on defensive tactics. All we can do is mix it up and hope for the best.

Old 08-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #488
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/MKG14/status/1297950797234405376

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #489
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

KP MRI is negative, would be shocked if he doesn’t play tomorrow
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:11 PM   #490
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, phew, dodged a bullet there. It's not even about the playoffs. Knee surgery would jeopardize next season and beyond. Hey, sit out if it's still sore. We got this!

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 02:35 PM   #491
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
To be fair, He got caught off guard maybe twice, but when it mattered most he found a wide open Morris for what would have normally been a game winner.

Imo, Guys like KL and Luka make things happen, you can't expect consistent return on defensive tactics. All we can do is mix it up and hope for the best.
yes i'll be pleased if we keep mixing it up. As for that go ahead 3 pointer he just made a great play. I know some are calling out maxi for the help but I think they just executed well. for future if i'm DFS though i'm leaving PG open and taking my chances. Kawhi did look him off well though...

Couple things to mention that i haven't seen discussed

1. That end of regulation possession - i think clips could have run something better to get a switch or something but solid D by Maxi in not giving Kawhi anything easy. I'll that long 2 with hand in face all day.

2. End of overtime - did the mavs not talk about the fact the clips had a foul to give? I know someone like harden would have been jacking up a shot/flopping the moment anyone got close to him to try to get FT's. I think since there's the foul to give we have to move for a faster shot. we used up 5.5 seconds and were only left with 3.7. In retrospect it was just enough but i was thinking we wasted half our time to get that final shot off.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:59 PM   #492
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

National Media: " No way the Mavs can beat the Clippers in a seven game series".

Luka: "Hold my beer".

Old 08-24-2020, 04:36 PM   #493
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Carlisle saying KP may be a game time decision, but it seems like gamesmanship to me. If he doesn’t play this game and his MRI is clean, why’s he here?
Old 08-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #494
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Carlisle saying KP may be a game time decision, but it seems like gamesmanship to me. If he doesn’t play this game and his MRI is clean, why’s he here?
His knee might've just been sore.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #495
SMC0007
Guru

https://twitter.com/Newmanshoots/sta...297509377?s=09

Old 08-24-2020, 05:44 PM   #496
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I mean if he goes out there and is a detriment to the team then I don't blame him or sitting out.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #497
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean, I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned for both his health and his competitiveness, but there are a lot of things between being clear on an MRI and being able to play.

Dirk missed dozens of games with injuries despite having nothing showing up on the MRI.
Doncic had a clean MRI and has missed some games

MRI just shows tears and inflammation. You can still be injured enough to miss a game without having a single thing show up on an MRI
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 08:12 PM   #498
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Let's all consider this. Luka Doncic had a triple double in game 3. He then did 30 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 assists better in game 4 than he did in that effort. 30/7/3 is not a bad stat line in itself.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #499
LukaThaDonPart2
Banned

LukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really niceLukaThaDonPart2 is just really nice

I think you can call Luka and Kawhi unstoppable. It will come down to will KP play and be able to be a key contributor? Can we count out PG despite playing like a scrub I wouldn't be surprised if he at least pulls out one good game. Can Trey Burke continue to play like he has. Will they get Pat Bev back? It really comes down how the players besides Kawhi and Luka perform, and there are question marks for both teams.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:57 PM   #500
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

I’m setting the number of Maxi threes we need to win tomorrow at a minimum of 3. You can do it Maxi
Old 08-24-2020, 09:59 PM   #501
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I mean, I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned for both his health and his competitiveness, but there are a lot of things between being clear on an MRI and being able to play.

Dirk missed dozens of games with injuries despite having nothing showing up on the MRI.
Doncic had a clean MRI and has missed some games

MRI just shows tears and inflammation. You can still be injured enough to miss a game without having a single thing show up on an MRI
This is all true, I just have that strong feeling about his competitiveness like I had about Dirk when he would always recover faster than expected. And I’m also just really hoping lol
Old 08-25-2020, 07:24 AM   #502
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Having seen KP up close several times I have ZERO concern about his work ethic or passion for basketball. At the end of the day he’s a 7’3” freak with knee injury history. He’s going to miss games.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:55 AM   #503
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is all true, I just have that strong feeling about his competitiveness like I had about Dirk when he would always recover faster than expected. And I’m also just really hoping lol
I know it doesn't fit Rick's system but I'd like to see the Mavs find a way to help preserve KP by including someone like Tyson in our system as a workhorse to do the dirty work. Surrounding Dirk with Tyson and Matrix yielded a championship and Dirk was free to be Dirk. KP seems to have to be a workhorse in this system and I think it will eventually break him down and end his career prematurely.

For just a few minutes I'd like to see Rick go with a jumbo lineup of Luka/THJ/Maxi/KP/Boban just to see what it would yield.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 04:40 PM   #504
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I know it doesn't fit Rick's system but I'd like to see the Mavs find a way to help preserve KP by including someone like Tyson in our system as a workhorse to do the dirty work. Surrounding Dirk with Tyson and Matrix yielded a championship and Dirk was free to be Dirk. KP seems to have to be a workhorse in this system and I think it will eventually break him down and end his career prematurely.

For just a few minutes I'd like to see Rick go with a jumbo lineup of Luka/THJ/Maxi/KP/Boban just to see what it would yield.
Probably a 10-0 Clippers run lol.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:45 PM   #505
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Probably a 10-0 Clippers run lol.

Can you imagine Luka or THJ trying to defend Williams?

And Boban is the worst defensive rotator in the league. He isn't helping either.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-25-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:27 PM   #506
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

Lou Williams is exactly the type of player the mavs need to come off the bench and provide instant offense ala the microwave vinnie jonhson
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 05:33 PM   #507
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK LEGIONS View Post
Lou Williams is exactly the type of player the mavs need to come off the bench and provide instant offense ala the microwave vinnie jonhson
*cough* Burke *cough*
Old 08-25-2020, 05:48 PM   #508
LukaThaDonPart2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK LEGIONS View Post
We already have a historically great offense, we need defenders.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:14 PM   #509
DIRK LEGIONS

DIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to allDIRK LEGIONS is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
*cough* Burke *cough*
I dont trust burke at all saw him here with knicks and now here with mavs
DIRK LEGIONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 09:15 PM   #510
ozmavs123

ozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of lightozmavs123 is a glorious beacon of light

What a joke, that should have been a 4 point play.
ozmavs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:28 AM   #511
bulldogsjc

bulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the roughbulldogsjc is a jewel in the rough

Go Luka
bulldogsjc is offline   Reply With Quote