Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 12-11-2006, 01:32 AM   #481
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
No, I'm not talking about the reputation. I should hope that Doc isn't, if he is so quick to throw out the descriptors he did.
I'm talking about reputation because I've never been there, and it has been discussed in this thread. What doc said was his impression of the city, and me having not been there my impression and other people's impression of it is it's reputation which is what doc described.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2006, 01:33 AM   #482
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
Wow. You are the most ignorant dumbass on the site then. There is clearly NOONE who will agre with you that anythign racist was said. You are really making yourself look ignorant. So much for a graceful exit.

wow....you've Michael Richards lost it.
Fair enough, Doc. Go ahead and list me some other cities that are filthy and immoral. I need some perspective on your rants.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:33 AM   #483
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you attribute certain qualities to someone from Mississippi or West Virginia, it is not any different from attributing certain qualities to some from New Orleans.
People from Wisconsin sound like that movie Fargo. People in Georgia sweat in the summer. People in California have a movie star for a Governor. People in Washington get alot of rain.

Is that racist?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #484
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm not ignoring the facts. I've lived there.

Do you think I should ignore everything I saw and listen to Doc, who ventured in when the city was underwater?
Doc has been there many times pre-Katrina. I did some research at the Aquarium one time for a couple of weeks to help them set up a Missippi River display. That aquarium was a jewel of America. I was a tourist there a few times as well. I liked the place but it was a dirty, filthy, crime ridden place. There were good people there but that did not change the perception of the town. I competed in a martial arts tourney in Kenner which if you lived there would know is basically a part of NOLA. Been there many times. The world view of NOLA then and now is that it is a crime ridden filthy immoral place and your rants will nto change that.

It isn't my exclusive opinion chummy but you know that. You cling so sadly to the race card because you have been so thoroughly dismantled in your ramblings tonight. You've done nothing but show obstinate stupidity.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #485
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
I'm talking about reputation because I've never been there, and it has been discussed in this thread. What doc said was his impression of the city, and me having not been there my impression and other people's impression of it is it's reputation which is what doc described.
With due respect, Nashty, Doc wasn't talking about just reputation, nor am I. We are both talking about firsthand knowledge. Doc finds the city filthy, and I find it a jewel of American culture.

Frankly, you'd have to visit there to have an opinion. And you would have to stay there for an extended period of time (did Doc?) to have solid knowledge.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:37 AM   #486
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Fair enough, Doc. Go ahead and list me some other cities that are filthy and immoral. I need some perspective on your rants.
I think Mexico City is that way too but I guess you will say that I hate Mexicans. I think Flour Bluff, Texas is filthy and dirty despite growing up there, but I guess you will say I hate Texans.

Come on chummy....get your dick out of the ignorant fairy and come back to reality.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:37 AM   #487
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

And you've got to have played the game to criticise 'em.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:37 AM   #488
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
People from Wisconsin sound like that movie Fargo. People in Georgia sweat in the summer. People in California have a movie star for a Governor. People in Washington get alot of rain.

Is that racist?
You missed out on the "certain" qualities. Accents are charming. Climate is what it is. Sorry, but you didn't seem to understand what I was getting at.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:38 AM   #489
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Memphis is a lazy and going nowhere town and I grew up there. Not dirty however, quite clean.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-11-2006, 01:38 AM   #490
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
With due respect, Nashty, Doc wasn't talking about just reputation, nor am I. We are both talking about firsthand knowledge. Doc finds the city filthy, and I find it a jewel of American culture.

Frankly, you'd have to visit there to have an opinion. And you would have to stay there for an extended period of time (did Doc?) to have solid knowledge.
Nice try....what does this have to do with calling a town corrupt, dirty or filthy making one a racist?

Oh yeah....you have no leg to stand on. Sorry to expose your weak schtick again.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #491
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You missed out on the "certain" qualities. Accents are charming. Climate is what it is. Sorry, but you didn't seem to understand what I was getting at.
Bingo
Old 12-11-2006, 01:40 AM   #492
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Doc has been there many times pre-Katrina. I did some research at the Aquarium one time for a couple of weeks to help them set up a Missippi River display. That aquarium was a jewel of America. I was a tourist there a few times as well. I liked the place but it was a dirty, filthy, crime ridden place. There were good people there but that did not change the perception of the town. I competed in a martial arts tourney in Kenner which if you lived there would know is basically a part of NOLA. Been there many times. The world view of NOLA then and now is that it is a crime ridden filthy immoral place and your rants will nto change that.

It isn't my exclusive opinion chummy but you know that. You cling so sadly to the race card because you have been so thoroughly dismantled in your ramblings tonight. You've done nothing but show obstinate stupidity.
I don't necessarily disagree with you. Certainly the city would be cleaner and more moral if the blacks were gone. But then again, the culture would suffer as well. It's a tough call.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:41 AM   #493
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Yeah, chum's argument as well as the whole debate just seems to be changing too much.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 12-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #494
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree with you. Certainly the city would be cleaner and more moral if the blacks were gone. But then again, the culture would suffer as well. It's a tough call.
If that's not sarcasim, you just exposed yourself as the racist.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #495
Drbio
Banned

I remember one time in NOLA leaving the aquarium and taking a trolley to the zoological gardens to observe a butterfly exhibit that I wanted to see. The exhibit was great but lets not digress. During the approximate 2-3 miles trolley trip we saw amazing row houses, one wreck complete with an ongoing assault, two police cars screeching up to a convenience store, and heard what I thought were shots. It was a very intimidating ride, especially to the three ladies who were accompanying me. In the 2-3 weeks I was there there were multiple homicides and two people disappeared from the french quarter. the aquaria personnel told me that was unusal since any kidnapping that might affect tourism was investigated by thepolice while others were not as diligently looked into. There was one area that they said to stay away from where they made Mardi Gras floats but I can't remember the name of that area.

I'd say the opinion of those who worked and lived there reflected the world view of NOLA as a dirty, filthy, corrupt place. They were lifers not tourists or one year transplants.

But lets not let more facts get in the way of a good ignorant dig in.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:45 AM   #496
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, but you didn't seem to understand what I was getting at.
You haven't yet so why should any of us?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:46 AM   #497
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-11-2006, 01:48 AM   #498
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Once again...the ONLY racial overtone posts come from chumdawg.

Who was the racist?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:50 AM   #499
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Yeah, chum's argument as well as the whole debate just seems to be changing too much.
That happens when ignorance gets so thoroughly beat down and the other side refuses to do anything but dig in and make moving targets.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:52 AM   #500
chumdawg
Guru

It's always interesting to learn what lengths people will go to in order to disguise their racism when it comes to New Orleans. It was interesting during Katrina, and it remains interesting today.

This thread has been an exercise along those lines.

I don't think a lot has changed.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:54 AM   #501
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
It's always interesting to learn what lengths people will go to in order to disguise their racism when it comes to New Orleans. It was interesting during Katrina, and it remains interesting today.

Keep saying things like this and you might one day believe it. Until then, everyone who has read this unfortunate thread understands that you chumdawg went nuts. Completely and totally stuck on stupid.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:55 AM   #502
Drbio
Banned

One more question Mr. Stuck on Stupid....what did you do for the people of NOLA? My contributions are very well documented both post-katrina and more importantly...pre-Katrina. Other than throwing a race card around so ignorantly...what was your contribution to the revival of the people or the reputation of the city?

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 01:59 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:57 AM   #503
chumdawg
Guru

I didn't offer a thing to that filthy and immoral Gomorrah.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 AM   #504
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
I didn't offer a thing to that filthy and immoral Gomorrah.
Of course not. Case closed and goodnight.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:39 AM   #505
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

i sometimes wonder if you argue just for the sake of arguing.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:00 AM   #506
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate when people do that.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:03 AM   #507
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
No, in this case, I really do think that Doc was just revealing his prejudice in the way he talked about the city. But that's okay. He certainly wouldn't be the only one.

I, personally, find a lot of charm in the black heritage of New Orleans. It's not a wealthy city, no. But that's exactly what has given it its charm. I love the cultural spins of the city. It's absolutely my favorite place to go in this country, on vacation.

But I probably see things in a different light than Doc and others.

Last edited by chumdawg; 12-11-2006 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:21 AM   #508
Drbio
Banned

You are a f*cking idiot chum. There is simply no doubt anymore. Noone has maligned the cultural aspect of NOLA but rather you insist on attempting at making a race issue where one so clearly does not exist. You are the only person who injected racial overtones into this thread. Sadly, you know this but are too obstinate to admit it. You have to di it because nothing else you have said makes any sense whatsoever and everyone but you sees it. I guess everyone is wrong in this case and you are right? Of course not. Stuck on stupid. You should make it your signature.

Only the weak of mind or message play the race card when unwarranted. I'm having a hard time telling which one you suffer from in this instance.

Last edited by Drbio; 12-11-2006 at 03:25 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:05 AM   #509
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
I, personally, find a lot of charm in the black heritage of New Orleans. It's not a wealthy city, no. But that's exactly what has given it its charm. I love the cultural spins of the city. It's absolutely my favorite place to go in this country, on vacation.
And when did anyone say something in this thread that contradicted this? I said a couple times that yes, the city of New Orleans has good culutre, but it does have many problems. It is not a very moral city. It seems to me are trying to create a racial issue for no reason.

Old 12-11-2006, 04:06 AM   #510
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
I find it pretty amusing when people do this. It can get annoying, but for the most part I actually like arguing with them because it's amusing.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:55 AM   #511
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

I very purposefully avoided this argument yesterday for two reasons. 1) Ive been in the habit of posting the first thing that pops into my head recently which has lead to me posting some things I rather wish i hadnt. 2) This is a really sensitive issue and I wanted to make sure that what I said is what I meant.

I am young though not quite as young as Nashty so if you wish to dismiss my opinion based on my age well i guess that is your decision. However, I have been to NO quite a few times in my life. Chum I don't think Doc meant to say that literally EVERYONE in NO is a filthy, immoral person and if he did then i would strongly disagree with that. However, to say that a large portion of the people who reside in NO are "filthy and immoral" and that the city as a whole and its leaders are filthy and immoral is not false. Im sorry to break this to you but thats just the way it is. Does that mean there aren't quite a few great people in NO? Not at all. As a matter of fact I happen to know a few. That said again in general Doc is right here. Now I don't agree with the F'em comment but hes not wrong with his characterization of the city.

This has nothing to do with race. On a side note I would tell people not to hold everything that goes on at Mardi Gras against the city of NO when characterizing it. You should know that a vast amount of the things that go on then are done by people who are just visiting and can do basically whatever they want without fear of reprisal because if anything happens they can always explain it away as well, it happened at mardi gras.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 12-11-2006 at 05:55 AM.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #512
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

back to football?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #513
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
back to football?

I don't know, the game wasn't nearly as interesting as the discussion afterwards. Wasn't competed as hard either.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #514
Drbio
Banned

But both were very one sided.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #515
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
mary just flushed 200 vbucks down the potty.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #516
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I see that the squabble hasn't wrapped up yet.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:16 AM   #517
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd probably go with Waco (esp at Baylor). Just in their athletic program alone at Baylor, they shoot other athletes and skin cats... and this from a so called 'Baptist' school.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #518
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

maybe the cowboys should put their mascot "Rowdy" in the secondary.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #519
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

what cover safeties will be available this offseason?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:06 PM   #520
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
On a side note I would tell people not to hold everything that goes on at Mardi Gras against the city of NO when characterizing it. You should know that a vast amount of the things that go on then are done by people who are just visiting and can do basically whatever they want without fear of reprisal because if anything happens they can always explain it away as well, it happened at mardi gras.
Brilliant point, so much of what is held against NOLA comes from madi gras, mostly perpetrated by tourists.