Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #481
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
If Crayton had shown up today we'd have won.
I think you may be right, dropped pass, didn't recognize the blitz and that last one really pisses me off, he just gave up on that route.

Just watched that crayton play again, and I cannot understand at all why he slowed up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #482
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Wade Phillips had the same thing happen to him last year. It has to hurt.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #483
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Eli > Romo. Ballgame. Pathetic. SOS
Old 01-13-2008, 07:54 PM   #484
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
Favre in the Superbowl is gonna be nice anyway..
I'm with ya.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:55 PM   #485
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope they freeze their nuts off.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #486
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Penalties also killed the Cowboys.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:57 PM   #487
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow & face an office full of gloating annoying Patriots fans. I can't wait to move.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #488
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

How much more of this s*it can the Dallas sports fan take?
Old 01-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #489
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

maybe we should all sell our souls like Boston.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #490
Bookit
Diamond Member

They might want to replace Gurode.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #491
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

So is that 12 years of no playoff victories? That's unacceptable!!!! And tell me why Crayton and Romo got their extensions before even winning a playoff game?
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #492
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

When did the second round become such an unreachable mecca for this city? If the Mavs or Stars don't advance this year, I don't know what I'll do.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #493
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ames7
I can't believe I have to go to work tomorrow & face an office full of gloating annoying Patriots fans. I can't wait to move.
everyone in my office are die hard cowboys fans.. i mainly just watch basketball, but I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a very unproductive day at work with everyone being depressed. I also think Im going to bring my lunch and eat at my desk so I wont have to hear everyone complaining about it non stop
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:17 PM   #494
ames7
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion
everyone in my office are die hard cowboys fans.. i mainly just watch basketball, but I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a very unproductive day at work with everyone being depressed. I also think Im going to bring my lunch and eat at my desk so I wont have to hear everyone complaining about it non stop
See, this is what I want. The day after we get knocked out, in any sport, I just want to be around other people who are quietly going about their day in a semi-catatonic haze. The only thing worse than being around New England fans--maybe the single most obnoxious fans in the world--would be being around New York fans tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #495
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Heck I've got to face those mofos in dallas.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 01-13-2008, 08:19 PM   #496
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
When did the second round become such an unreachable mecca for this city? If the Mavs or Stars don't advance this year, I don't know what I'll do.
Well for the cowboys about 11 years now. Mavs, 1.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #497
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

F the Boys..its all about the mavs..im sick of cowboys talk..yes im from dallas and yes i root against them, its bc they get so much attention over a player cutting his nails that it makes me sick. i know the mavs will always be in the back seat but i loved watching them lose bc its all about the mavs now IMO
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #498
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNajera
F the Boys..its all about the mavs..im sick of cowboys talk..yes im from dallas and yes i root against them, its bc they get so much attention over a player cutting his nails that it makes me sick. i know the mavs will always be in the back seat but i loved watching them lose bc its all about the mavs now IMO
Mavs are my favorite team in Dallas too, but I don't think you should be coming in here talking about how you root against the Cowboys. Just saying.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #499
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNajera
F Najera....I'm sick and tired of seeing his ugly mug on the message board. I'm from denver and yes I root against him, it's bc he's such an overrated player and the announcers give him so much attention even though he's a spare.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #500
TomThaMavsFan

TomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enoughTomThaMavsFan will become famous soon enough

Two years in a row Dallas teams set records for being the first to lose after being a number 1 seed. What the hell is going on ?
TomThaMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #501
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomThaMavsFan
Two years in a row Dallas teams set records for being the first to lose after being a number 1 seed. What the hell is going on ?
What do they say, always darkest before the dawn? Anyway, you can't lose it if you aren't competing for it.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #502
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

That offensive line was DREADFUL, especially in the second half. I thought Romo was fine today all things considered. You aren't going to put up great numbers as a QB when there are 3 d-linemen in the back field by the time you touch the ball. Between the false starts, bad snaps, and lousy blocking, it was going to be hard for the offense to do much of anything.

It did worry me that Romo looked a little frazzled at times at the end, but I guess I would be too if I was running for my life all day long.

I think this game proves one thing about Marion Barber. He's great for about 15 carries. Once he starts getting more, he wears out because he just runs too hard out there. We really need to find a better complement to him in the offseason. I was a fan of JJ starting, but he's just too inept to do much of anything which is why I was fine with the Cowboys starting Barber today. But in the future we need to find someone who can help shoulder the load. Hell, what I would give to just have a guy like Bradshaw. We don't need Darren McFadden, just a guy who actually produces and brings a different skill set.

Oh, and I said it a couple of weeks ago, I didn't like how the Cowboys just let up the last month of the season. They tried to turn it back on this week, and it just didn't happen. It's hard to suddenly ask your team to play crisp football when you basically let them goof off the last month of the season. I swear that's one of the things that did in the Mavericks last year, and we basically saw a repeat of it this year with the Cowboys. I know the approach is to keep from injuring players, but I think teams lose too much momentum when that happens. I don't mind resting players who are obviously injured (like TO), but if you are out on the field in the last few weeks, you better bring it.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-13-2008 at 09:09 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #503
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Someone find me an enclosed garage and a hose. thanks.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #504
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
How much more of this s*it can the Dallas sports fan take?
That's the first thing I thought after the game. I can't take this heartbreak anymore. And funny thing is, it's awfully similiar to how the Mavs went out last year. Letting up the last month of the season, and then playing like crap when you try to "turn it back on". That's one of the reasons I was started to panic the last couple weeks of the season. I felt like I was witnessing the Mavs all over again. Sure enough...

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #505
FINtastic
Diamond Member

By the way, Miami feel free to have Tony Sparano. I sure as hell don't want the guy anymore.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #506
ames7
Diamond Member

I just remembered Roy is going to Hawaii & that made me blindingly angry. Ugh. Think I'm going to bed early.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #507
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

what a close game.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #508
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
They might want to replace Gurode.
It seems kinda irrational to say this at first, but maybe they should. The guy really hurt us with his weird snap timing. He's a hoss once the ball gets snapped, but the snap issues seemed to be causing more trouble than I think the casual fan will ever realize. It seemed to cause a couple of false starts, and left Romo fumbling to get ahold of a wild snaps. I don't really know what to do there. Gurode is too good of a player to just discard or bench, but his snapping was an obvious issue this season. Something there needs to be addressed in the offseason.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 01-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #509
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't take much more of this as a Dallas sport fan.

It's just killing me. I pour my heart into caring for a team and get that heart broken all the damn time.

All the time.

I don't even want to care anymore.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #510
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

penalties-yards

Giants: 3-25

Cowboys: 11-84

Half of those penalties came at crucial moments - the Cowboys beat the Cowboys...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-13-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:00 PM   #511
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I just can't take much more of this as a Dallas sport fan.

It's just killing me. I pour my heart into caring for a team and get that heart broken all the damn time.

All the time.

I don't even want to care anymore.
It's rough.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #512
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
What do they say, always darkest before the dawn? Anyway, you can't lose it if you aren't competing for it.
it's the 1960s all over again....
Old 01-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #513
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit
Jason Garrett's stock in in freefall
I can't imagine that he's going to get a lot of offers anymore. He had multiple pro bowlers on offense and still couldn't get it done.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #514
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

dagger.

we haven't played well for the last 5 games anyway...we've had some trouble scoring.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:21 PM   #515
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
Oh, and I said it a couple of weeks ago, I didn't like how the Cowboys just let up the last month of the season. They tried to turn it back on this week, and it just didn't happen. It's hard to suddenly ask your team to play crisp football when you basically let them goof off the last month of the season. I swear that's one of the things that did in the Mavericks last year, and we basically saw a repeat of it this year with the Cowboys. I know the approach is to keep from injuring players, but I think teams lose too much momentum when that happens. I don't mind resting players who are obviously injured (like TO), but if you are out on the field in the last few weeks, you better bring it.
I thought I remembered Avery in the box with Jerry Jones having a slightly animated conversation. I wish Avery could have waken the owner up to the dangers of playing hard 80% of the season, then coasting the rest of the way. Avery would have deserved Wade's playoff money if that had happened.

Oh, and Sparano and Garrett you're free to go.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:49 PM   #516
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

that worst part is you can't watch or listen to sports for at least a month after something like this happens in your hometown.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:07 AM   #517
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

This is so painful.

I remember when Jim O'Brien kicked the game-winning field goal for the Baltimore Colts against the Dallas Cowboys years ago. As a kid, I could not sleep for days--when ever I closed my eyes, I kept seeing that ball floating through the goal post for the ultimate dagger through the heart.

I have to admit--maybe I am just too emotional right now and am just venting--but damn--why in the world does Tony Romo evoke memories of Criag Morton?! I know he is a better athlete. The worst thing about Morton is that he did well enough to get the Cowboys to just a certain point and then the team would go flat. Not until the days of Roger Staubach did those feelings go away.

Being the number one seed--with home field advantage all the way through the playoffs--against an opponent with a spotty secondary...yikes.

I know the Romo vacation had nothing to do with the loss.

All I know--if Staubach had been in his position during a bye-week, he never would have done what Romo did.

Never.

Not in a million years.

Not for Jessica Simpson-- or her equivalent during the 60's or 70's.

Damn....

Damn....

Damn...
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 AM   #518
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

This hurts. I sort of went on shut down mode didn't want to hear anything about the Boys. Honestly, i'd rather we get whooped by 30 then lose a game like this where the game was ours to win. Its the story of the last month of football. Losing games that we had chances to win. This was no different. Romo did all he could out there. Fasano and Crayton dropped crucial passes. I think at this point anything you got from TO and Glenn was just bonus. I don't think you could seriously expect for them to be in normal playing shape after coming off of injuries. I'm a huge Crayton fan and I love his swagger but he blew it today. He talked all of that garbage and backed it up with shit. Our offensive line is just ridiculous. Great in the 1st half and just horrible in the 2nd. It was like a completely different offensive line out there.

I think Marion Barber showed he's not a 30 rushing attempts back in this league. Every one wanted more carries for him and you got it. If this team lets Julius walk which i'm sure it will I hope they don't think they're fine at running back without another solid guy behind Barber. Its not even a knock on Barber. The guy has been in a two back system since college. Its too much to ask him to all of a sudden be a every down back in the NFL.

I thought the defense played good enough to win today. The Toomer td was ridiculous but you have F ups like that. Every team does. This team has got to look to improve their defensive back position. Nothing against Jacque Reeves because I actually thought he was solid today. They just need to look to get better.

Damn this hurts. I think coming back with this same team next year will do nothing but benefit the Cowboys. They now know this isn't a game. They know not to take something like this for granted.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #519
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob
This is so painful.

I remember when Jim O'Brien kicked the game-winning field goal for the Baltimore Colts against the Dallas Cowboys years ago. As a kid, I could not sleep for days--when ever I closed my eyes, I kept seeing that ball floating through the goal post for the ultimate dagger through the heart.

I have to admit--maybe I am just too emotional right now and am just venting--but damn--why in the world does Tony Romo evoke memories of Criag Morton?! I know he is a better athlete. The worst thing about Morton is that he did well enough to get the Cowboys to just a certain point and then the team would go flat. Not until the days of Roger Staubach did those feelings go away.

Being the number one seed--with home field advantage all the way through the playoffs--against an opponent with a spotty secondary...yikes.

I know the Romo vacation had nothing to do with the loss.

All I know--if Staubach had been in his position during a bye-week, he never would have done what Romo did.

Never.

Not in a million years.

Not for Jessica Simpson-- or her equivalent during the 60's or 70's.

Damn....

Damn....

Damn...
Craig Morton was injured that most of that season before they won their first super bowl. if he had been healthy, he probably would've won one.

and ya know what? romo played a fine game today. do not bag on him or say "well, Roger wouldn't have done this and that..." etc etc.

If you wanna complain about a loss, and you wanna blame someone, a large amount of it goes on the offensive line, the defense (early), and patrick crayton.

they lost as a team, and they'll win as a team. enough said on that.

It's never good to lose, but if you feel *that* horrible about a loss, then your priorities may be out of order. it is, in the end, just a game. a multi-billion dollar game, but a game nonetheless.

the team will come back even better next year, because they have this loss to learn from. they assumed they'd be playing in the super bowl and you can never do that.

so...who's ready for the NFL Draft?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:19 AM   #520
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomThaMavsFan
Don't forget about the Desperados. They did it too I think.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-14-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote