Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 PM   #521
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Beasley checks into rehab....

Damn, the NBA offseason would be so much more boring without Twitter

Just a question of time before several players get a "no Twitter" rule in their contracts..

Last edited by sefant77; 08-24-2009 at 12:21 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #522
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Beasley gets his stuff together. Too much talent to be wasted like this.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #523
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Apparently there´s a little bit more to the Beasley story. He may be an idiot but it´s still sad. I hope he gets his life turned around.

MIAMI -- Michael Beasley told his personal manager several days ago that he was working out in Houston because it brought "a change of scenery" from Miami and Washington.

What happened next is a mystery, even to those who know Beasley best.

The Miami Heat forward checked into a Houston rehabilitation facility for treatment last week, two people briefed on the situation told The Associated Press on Monday. Each spoke on condition of anonymity because of privacy concerns; one said part of Beasley's treatment revolved around some stress-related issues, and both declined to say if Beasley was receiving drug or alcohol counseling.

"Based on what I'm getting right now, there's a bit of concern," Bruce Shingler, Beasley's manager, told The AP in a telephone interview. "I don't really know what's going on. I just know his mom is on her way to go see him in Houston. That's it. I'm still collecting a lot of information."

It's unknown how long Beasley will remain at the facility, or whether he will be available when the Heat open training camp on Sept. 28.

Shingler also said he wasn't sure how long Beasley has been in Houston, or specifically why that was his destination.

Yahoo! Sports first reported that Beasley had entered a rehab facility.

"From what I know, he was just getting ready for the upcoming season," Shingler said. "The last time I talked to him, everything was going well. All this rehab and all that, I was totally unaware. It all started as he wanted to go work out in a different place because he wanted to get away. Now this, I don't know what's going on."

The spiral appears to have started in earnest Friday, when a photo of the No. 2 pick in the 2008 NBA draft was posted to his Twitter account. In the photo Beasley displayed a new tattoo across his shoulders, and the image also captured what appeared to be a small plastic bag on an adjacent table. The contents of the bag were unclear.

Under the NBA's anti-drug rules, there are some instances in which a player who comes forward voluntarily to request help with a substance-abuse issue is not penalized as harshly as a player who randomly tests positive and is thereby forced to enter the treatment program. The NBA never discloses who is in its drug treatment program.

But that punishment mitigation does not extend to players who are already in the program, as Beasley was widely assumed to be after his expulsion from the rookie orientation program.

Beasley was already getting treatment when the photograph -- and several comments, including "Feelin like it's not worth livin!!!!!!! I'm done" and "I feel like the whole world is against me I can't win for losin" -- were posted on the feed.

Beasley's account has since been closed. Another account he used was shut down July 27.

Adande: Beasley's Troubled Course

This sad Michael Beasley case demonstrates that a forced year of college isn't the magical solution to the league's youthful problems, writes J.A. Adande. Story

"What Michael Jr. is going [through] is just a bump on the road we call life," said a posting Monday on Michael Beasley Sr.'s Twitter feed. "Please pray for him, he needs it."

A phone call to Beasley Sr.'s home in Bowie, Md., went unanswered.

Beasley finished his rookie season as Miami's second-leading scorer behind Dwyane Wade, averaging 13.9 points and 5.4 rebounds. He spent much of the year as a reserve, and both Heat coach Erik Spoelstra and team president Pat Riley talked often this summer about utilizing Beasley more this coming season at small forward and power forward.

"Beas, we hope that we're going to see a lot of him at the 3 spot," Riley said in a conference call with the team's beat writers earlier this month.

At times this past season, Beasley's immaturity was of some concern to teammates. He typically laughed off such criticism, saying he was young and acting accordingly.

"The guy's got a lot of talent," Wade told The AP during a July conversation on a number of topics, including Beasley's potential. "I can't wait to see what he does with it. He's 20 years old. I'd love to see it all come together this year."

Beasley's second season, much like his first pro year, is off to an ominous start.

Beasley was fined $50,000 by the NBA in September after security officers at the league's rookie symposium detected the scent of marijuana in a hotel room occupied by Beasley, Mario Chalmers, Darrell Arthur and two women. Chalmers and Arthur were fined $20,000; Beasley drew the stiffer fine for at first trying to hide his presence from NBA officials.

Beasley told The AP in January that there were times during his first six months as a professional that he felt "everyone was against me" and that many things "get blown out of proportion" -- referring specifically to the rookie symposium incident.

He spent one season at Kansas State before entering the draft, averaging 26.2 points and 12.4 rebounds in his lone college year.

"As a rule, I do not comment about the private lives of my student-athletes, either current or former," Kansas State coach Frank Martin said in a statement. "However, Michael, like every student-athlete I've coached, will always have my undying support.

Last edited by Fidel; 08-24-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:31 AM   #524
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I hope everything turns out fine for Beasely
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:28 PM   #525
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The most awesome offseason thread:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...939493&start=0
Old 08-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #526
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

For those who were hoping Duncan and Ginobli wouldn't be healthy this season. We'll see how they hold up over the course of the season but having better support will allow minutes to be down and to even take some nights off.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Pop talking about Ginobli:

“He is healthy,” Popovich said. “He’ll come back out of shape but healthy.”

Pop talking about Duncan:

“He’s got more flexibility in that leg than he ever has,” Popovich said. “Significantly more. He’s cranking his knees during the day and at night when he goes to bed. It’s paid off.”
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #527
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley View Post
For those who were hoping Duncan and Ginobli wouldn't be healthy this season. We'll see how they hold up over the course of the season but having better support will allow minutes to be down and to even take some nights off.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Pop talking about Ginobli:

“He is healthy,” Popovich said. “He’ll come back out of shape but healthy.”

Pop talking about Duncan:

“He’s got more flexibility in that leg than he ever has,” Popovich said. “Significantly more. He’s cranking his knees during the day and at night when he goes to bed. It’s paid off.”
great find.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #528
MavsFanFinley
Guru

That was just the AP recap but here's the SA Express recap that goes into more detail. Quite a lenghty interview. I haven't seen Pop this giddy in a while.

Also talked about how Duncan, Finley, and Dice will probably be rested on b2b nights. Nothing set in stone but it's something they like to do with the older players.

And mentioned that a few spots are still left to be fought over. He mentioned specifically Malik Hairston, James Gist, Jack McClinton, and Marcus Williams. (I find it hard to believe Hairston doesn't make the team for his defense alone.)

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...ich-gives.html

Popovich gives update on Spurs

By Jeff McDonald

Coach Gregg Popovich held an informal fat-chewing session with reporters Tuesday at the Spurs' Northwest-side headquarters to discuss the state of the team coming out of the offseason.

Here are some bullet points:

* Popovich said he is not worried about the health of All-Star point guard Tony Parker, who sprained his right ankle while playing for the French national team last month. Parker has since returned to Les Bleus, and is expected to play in the Eurobasket championships next month in Poland.

"He's probably not 100 percent, strength-wise, but he's healthy," Popovich said. "His injury really was minor."

* Manu Ginobili, who missed much of last season and all of the playoffs with nagging ankle and leg injuries, is recovering as expected at home in Argentina and should be good to go by the start of camp.

"He's taking walks, going out on a run, getting on a treadmill here and there," Popovich said. "But nothing competitive. No starting or stopping or anything like that. He'll come back out of shape, but healthy."

* Likewise, the team has asked Tim Duncan to take it easy this summer as well. Coming off a season in which he battled quad tendonosis in his right knee, the 33-year-old Duncan has postponed his usual summertime routine.

Typically, Duncan would begin heavy lifting and conditioning work at the beginning of August. This summer, the Spurs have bumped that back until Aug. 31.

In the meantime, Duncan has shed 15 pounds, down to 240, which should also help ease the workload on his balky knees.

"His body is in the best shape it's been in a while," Popovich said.

* Unlike most of the players who have manned the small forward position for the Spurs recently, Popovich envisions the 6-foot-7 Richard Jefferson to be more than just a spot-up shooter.

"Since Sean Elliott, he's going to be the first wing man we've had where you can post him up," Popovich said. "You haven't seen us post up smalls or wings in a long time. Now we can do that. It adds another element to our team offensively."

* Popovich is happy with the progress he's seen from third-year center Ian Mahinmi this summer. He'd just like to see more of him.

After putting up a performance at the Las Vegas summer league that Popovich termed "not great, but good," Mahinmi is playing with Parker for the French national team this fall.

"That's the best thing he can do right now, to play with (Ronny) Turiaf and the rest of the boys there," Popovich said. "I'm as excited about seeing him in training camp as anybody else, just because I'd like to see what we have in Ian Mahinmi."

The team has until Oct. 31 to exercise its contractual option on Mahinmi for 2010-2011.

* Expectations run high among Spurs faithful for rookie DeJuan Blair, the rebounding machine from Pittsburgh who fell to No. 37 overall in the June draft amid concerns about his surgically repaired knees.

Though Blair will probably offer a better immediate return than most second-round selections, Popovich is urging caution. Blair, after all, is still just a rookie.

"It's going to be a different game for him," Popovich said. "A lot of things that came easy for him, with his skill and effort, are going to be a little bit more difficult for him in the NBA. Guys are going to be a little bigger than he's used to."
Old 08-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #529
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2009-10 predictions: Best newcomer

from ESPN

There has been much player movement this offseason, with big names changing
teams and conference pecking orders. So, on the second day of our Summer
Forecast series, we ask 53 of ESPN's best basketball minds:
Who will be the best newcomer this season?

Here's the voting breakdown:
2009-10 predictions: Best newcomer
1 - Richard Jefferson
2 - Shaquille O'Neal
T3 - Ron Artest
T3 - Vince Carter
T5 - Shawn Marion
T5 - Andre Miller
T5 - Hedo Turkoglu
T5 - Rasheed Wallace

there is a small paragraph written about each player
and this is what was said about Marion:
Marion (3 votes)
Sure, he's coming off his lowest scoring average (12.9 points per game)
since his rookie season, but there are three good reasons Marion earned three votes:
(1) He should enjoy life in the fast lane again, this time with Jason Kidd running the break;
(2) he can still defend multiple positions; and
(3) there's no way he can shoot any worse from downtown than he did last season (19 percent).

~+-~+~~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+-~+--
MY THOUGHTS ABOUT MARION:
this I DO know about Marion.....
he runs the wing great on the break!
(we have a HOF point guard who passes to those types extremely well)

he attacks the basket - consistently
(we haven't had that here in a long time -much less consistently)

he plays "above the rim"
(we now have a player who will go up and get it and flush with authority)
(we also a a HOF pg who likes to throw it up to those types)

I'm Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 08-26-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #530
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Jefferson by far got the most votes. Interesting since he's so overrated.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #531
sefant77
Guru

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...rson_an_offer/

Iverson
Mayo
Gay
Zach

....and just one ball. That will be fun
Old 08-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #532
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I wish he would sign with Charlotte. would give us a better shot at bell

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #533
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Hamed Haddadi wants PT or he wants a trade-- dude is looking at even less PT with Thabeet coming in as their first rounder. I dont think I like a guy that thinks he's a star and demands star treatment even when its Kobe. I like it even less when the drama queen puts up 2.5ppg, 2.5rpg--but at the same time, unhappy players demanding trades are a nice way to pick up some cheap talent.

BTW 120 minutes is way too small a sample size to judge his per 48 stats by, but he is averaging 19.2pts, 18.8reb, 4.8blocks by that measurement-- guy will never play that many minutes because he also averages 8 fouls per 48 minutes, and his per minute stats will probably be considerably lower when given significant minutes against first and second stringers but at less than 2 mill he's worth a shot IMO

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-26-2009 at 05:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:38 AM   #534
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Hamed Haddadi wants PT or he wants a trade-- dude is looking at even less PT with Thabeet coming in as their first rounder. I dont think I like a guy that thinks he's a star and demands star treatment even when its Kobe. I like it even less when the drama queen puts up 2.5ppg, 2.5rpg--but at the same time, unhappy players demanding trades are a nice way to pick up some cheap talent.

BTW 120 minutes is way too small a sample size to judge his per 48 stats by, but he is averaging 19.2pts, 18.8reb, 4.8blocks by that measurement-- guy will never play that many minutes because he also averages 8 fouls per 48 minutes, and his per minute stats will probably be considerably lower when given significant minutes against first and second stringers but at less than 2 mill he's worth a shot IMO
Never heard of him, anyone know anything about his game? Would he be similar to Jawaii? Would he challenge Gooden and or Damp for PT?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:40 AM   #535
sefant77
Guru

Really big, good rebounder and shotblocker.

But a drama queen and he couldnt beat Gasol/Milicic/Cardinal, so i dont expect him to beat Dampier or Gooden. So we will have the same whiny bitch on our bench, no thanks. I prefer guys like Hollins, standing 30mins a game even if they dont see PT since weeks...
Old 08-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #536
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

7'2" with good all around speed, and decent strength as well as some decent post moves. He's really had some impressive games in international play and he's had a couple of amazing games in the NBA-- most notably an absolutely dominant 10 minutes against Golden State.

Ellis was just driving at will and scoring inside whenever he wanted. Grizz put in Haddadi and Golden state no inside points while he was out there while Haddadi had 10pts, 8reb, 1 block in 9:45 of play (Grizz went on a 12-0 run during that period and ended up winning the game because of it)

He may be a primadonna but he earns very little and Im not sure Memphis had the patience for the rookie that they should have had (despite flashes of genius).

I'd rather have a 7'2" guy with flashes of genius even if he's a primadonna, than a 6'10" chubster with a potentially fatal heart condition who has shown nothing in NBA play, even understanding the possible chemistry complications.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-27-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #537
sefant77
Guru

What would you "pay" for him?

A future 1st with long lottery protection?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #538
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
What would you "pay" for him?

A future 1st with long lottery protection?
sounds about right as far as upper limits of what I'd offer. Plus I'd put Jawai, Williams, and Humphries on the table as well as the rights to any of our guys we havent signed (but obviously not all of the above-- just whats tradable for him)

I think we could get away with a second rounder and Williams-- itd save them 800k, but it would also drop their salary next year by 1.6mill. They have very little investment in Hadaddi with Thabeet and Hunter already manning the position and Hadaddi's vocal desire to be traded or get more minutes so I cant see them being able to demand much for him more than financial relief and maybe a pick in the 25-60 range.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-27-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #539
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Hadaddi = Gortat v2 - Offer sheet rejection by other team?
Ive never seen him play... any vids up?

Last edited by Robillion; 08-27-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #540
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Hadiddi has two more years plus a qualifying offer year, so its not a freeagent thing at all. Relatively inexpensive and yet we could get bird rights if he turned out. Im on the band wagon for this completely hypothetical and ridiculous scenario.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #541
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Me too, I thought that we should go after him the minute I saw that he wasnt happy. Plus Dallas is a place where almost every player is happy. Besides Walker maybe
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #542
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Carlos Boozer. The more I think about it, there's an all star player out there waiting to be taken, his team has virtually put him on a platter. I'm with fish on he boozer argument, get the best TALENT and we'll figure out the rest later.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #543
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

NEW YORK -- The NBA has suspended Denver's J.R. Smith and Phoenix's Jason Richardson after both were recently convicted of driving offenses.

Smith will sit out the Nuggets' first seven games for pleading guilty to reckless driving in New Jersey. Richardson will miss two games after he pleaded guilty to drunken driving in Arizona.

Both suspensions imposed Friday are without pay. The NBA said Smith's was also for his poor driving record. Smith was involved in an accident in 2007 that caused the death of a passenger in his car.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:12 PM   #544
sefant77
Guru

I checked our schedule, bad luck with Lews/JR/J-Rich, we dont play them that time.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #545
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I dont feel unlucky at all-- I want to spank them both at full strength even though the Suns aren't important at all in the NBA.

Anyway, from the "wishful thinking/just deserts file" in my brain-- wouldnt it be funny if Smith actually got some jail time for that misdemeanor crime, and while in jail ran into a real crip or blood?
Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #546
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

Can anyone post the insider article on Courtney Lee trash talking the Magic?
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #547
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Appearing in New York with Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson said he does not want to return to the Warriors this season.

"I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave," Jackson said.

Jackson said the Warriors have been made aware of his desire to be traded.

"I really can't get too much into it right now, but I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.

Jackson listed the Cavs, any of the teams in Texas and the Knicks as his preferred destinations.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._golden_state/
Old 08-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #548
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I dont feel unlucky at all-- I want to spank them both at full strength even though the Suns aren't important at all in the NBA.

Anyway, from the "wishful thinking/just deserts file" in my brain-- wouldnt it be funny if Smith actually got some jail time for that misdemeanor crime, and while in jail ran into a real crip or blood?
He would be able to solve it in the kool way bekause he is real
Old 08-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #549
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

not insider, but I doubt you're missing sth if you read this one:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/08/27/c...t-trading-him/

Quote:
Courtney Lee On Mission to Make Magic Regret Trading Him

Posted Aug 27, 2009 8:31PM By Tim Povtak (RSS feed)

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Courtney Lee knows it won't happen in just one season – he won't make New Jersey forget Vince Carter -- but he wants to make the Orlando Magic regret the day they traded him.

"I'm going to be a man on a mission,'' Lee said Thursday afternoon after a training session at the IMG Academy. "I just hope they'll be happy for me when I grow into the player that they wish they had. I'd like them to one day say 'I wish we would have kept him.'''

Lee, who had a surprisingly-strong rookie season, was stunned to become a major part of the deal this summer that brought Carter to Orlando, while the Nets started to rebuild around younger players, hoping to put him in the starting backcourt alongside Devon Harris.

The Magic got a proven All-Star guard to play with center and centerpiece Dwight Howard. The Nets got a potentially-explosive player who has All-Star aspirations.

"I'd like to be Dwight Howard's teammate again -- in the All-Star game,'' Lee said. "They [Magic] have a history of trading good players [Ben Wallace, Tracy McGrady, Corey Maggette, Mike Miller] who did well afterward. I hope that's me. My goal will be to go out and dominate every game, but especially those games [when I play the Magic]. I'll be jacked up for sure.''

As a rookie in Orlando, Lee often was motivated by all the teams that passed up the chance to draft him before the Magic did with the 22nd pick in 2008, especially the teams that took players who didn't play as well as he did. He became a rarity as starter on a team that reached the NBA Finals last season. In his 42 regular season starts, he averaged 10.1 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1 steal in 29.7 minutes. He often was assigned to guard the opponent's leading scorer.

"The trade shocked me. After the Finals, Dwight and I were talking about things we had to do to get back and win a championship together. He joked about us being the next Shaq and Penny [Hardaway] with the Magic,'' he said. "I know it's a business, and trades happen, but it's not something you forget, even when you look forward like I am.''

Lee's mission has included a rigorous offseason of workouts. He has spent this week with a handful of young NBA players in a routine that includes three training sessions per day at IMG with renowned coach David Thorpe. He will leave for New Jersey this weekend to begin workouts with Nets teammates.

"I'll take what I learned in Orlando and put it to use in New Jersey. It's a great opportunity for me,'' he said. "It's more of an opportunity to be one of the go-to guys, to really showcase my full talents. New Jersey has a good young team, and I'm going to be a big part of it.''

Last edited by mavErika; 08-29-2009 at 10:09 AM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #550
MavsFanFinley
Guru

It's tough that Orlando had to give up Lee but they're trying to win now and Carter gives them a better chance at that.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #551
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, Carter ruins their chance.

BTW, in re: to the Stephen Jackson news, if we can acquire him along with Turiaf, I would go all in.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #552
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
Appearing in New York with Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson said he does not want to return to the Warriors this season.

"I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave," Jackson said.

Jackson said the Warriors have been made aware of his desire to be traded.

"I really can't get too much into it right now, but I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.

Jackson listed the Cavs, any of the teams in Texas and the Knicks as his preferred destinations.
umm...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:32 AM   #553
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

http://www.probasketballnews.com/story/?storyid=709

Top 100 NBA players in order.. this made me smile
8. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas - For all the grief he catches for often coming up short in key situations, Nowitzki is a lock Hall-of-Famer who has averaged 20 points and eight rebounds as the league's best shooting power forward for 10 straight years. Skipping the European Championships may have been a bummer, but should help lengthen his shelf life in what should be a big season for his Mavericks.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:05 AM   #554
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Except when you look at the list. The writer had Chris Bosh ahead of Dirk. He even has Duncan ahead of Dirk.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:12 AM   #555
quietsavant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Except when you look at the list. The writer had Chris Bosh ahead of Dirk. He even has Duncan ahead of Dirk.
I questioned the Chris bosh selection though, but as for Timmy D, I've come to accept that nationally the media ranks him as a better PF than Dirk. That's just fact to them.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 AM   #556
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I'm a way bigger fan of Dirk, but it's kinda hard to argue for Dirk against Duncan, just being completely honest and fair about it. Tim has 4 rings, and without him they wouldn't of even won one. He's a way better defender, and he's still averaged close to 20ppg most seasons. He's arguably the greatest PF of all time. So that's not a knock against Dirk just his resume can't compare to Timmah's.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 AM   #557
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Well, at least they didn't rate Garnett or Gasol over him - I've definitely seen worse lists!

(and I agree with MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs & quietsavant about Tim Duncan - aside from Popovich, he was the only constant through all 4 Spurs championships...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-31-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 AM   #558
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Duncan is a great player...dammit...
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:54 AM   #559
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Warriors sign center Mikki Moore

Quote:
The Golden State Warriors have sign free agent big man Mikki Moore.

Moore's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.com's Marc Stein on Monday that his client agreed to a one-year contract with the Golden State Warriors over the weekend.

Moore's deal is for the $1.3 million, the veteran minimum.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mikki_moore/index.html

Last edited by Windmill360; 08-31-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:00 AM   #560
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Moore is going to replace Biedrins when he's traded to Dallas with Stephen Jackson (LOL)
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flaco's purple nipples, neeepole neeepole, no tags at all, windmill likes my nipples