Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #521
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Otis will match and demand in 90 days Shawne Williams and a firstrounder from us. Or trade him for a crappy pick to another team just for the pick or cash.

If he does that (and also does that to Gortat) then i hope he dies swallowing their payroll.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #522
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm calling it right now this time next week Gortat is in Mav's blue.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:53 PM   #523
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

(g) After exercising its Right of First Refusal as described in this Section 5, the ROFR Team may not trade the Restricted Free Agent for one (1) year, without the player’s consent. Even with the player’s consent, for one (1) year, neither the ROFR Team exercising its Right of First Refusal nor any other Team may trade the player to the Team whose Offer Sheet was matched.

At least that match to trade him later isnt so easy and still would add several millions to their payroll and LT this year.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #524
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of

Some factual details on the technicalities of Gortat and Orlando:

1. there could be a SNT worked, but it would take the following:
a. all 3 parties agree to rescind the offer sheet
b. then they work a SNT
c. Gortat's base year issues would be easily overcome by their TPE from Turkoglu, so it would become a simple salary match deal.
d. Orlando would have to take back at least 4.61M in salary from Dallas ...would they want to do that? if so, who would they want?
e. Carroll's deal fits nicely in that niche, and the fact it shrinks would help their tax issues in future years. Is he of interest to them? (If they want him, don't wake me from my dream until it's a done deal.)

2. if ORL matches
a. they can't trade G at all until after Dec 15
b. they pay him during that time
c. they can only trade him with his permission, so he controls the destination
d. they can't trade him to Dallas under any condition until 2010-11

3. if ORL matches and tries to trade him
a. who is the other team they think will do trade for him?
b. they have to ask, what if they get stuck with him?
c. Houston was outbid by Dallas ...would they now trade for a bigger contract, PLUS have to add on talent that ORL likes?
d. SA? see Houston
e. others? where were they in free agency
f. ORL still would be forced to take back 4.61M in salary from someone

4. the wildcard in the deck
a. if ORL got interest from a team under the cap like OKC, they could match and trade him there in 90 days ... that assumes OKC would want to spend their cap room in this manner
b. OKC wouldn't have to send back salary since they have cap room ..ORL could just take back a pick or some cash or both
c. but OKC wouldn't be obligated in Dec to do the deal if they changed their mind ...big risk for ORL in such a deal and they could get stuck with a big contract and nowhere to go if something changed (see: DALLAS, Diop-for-Felton 2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
You are aware that the Mavs declined to offer Bass MLE-level money, when doing so would have all but guaranteed that he stayed a Mav?
The Mavs could have kept Bass. The money was a bigger issue for Bass than the minutes, because you can always get traded and this was looming as his big chance to get a strong payday.

But while he would have been an asset to stockpile for Dallas, his role had to shrink with the acquisition of Marion (who now soaks up the bulk of the minutes at both forward positions that Dirk-Jho don't take) and at C (where Dampier-Gortat will now use up almost all the minutes, with a few to Dirk I suspect.) The Mavs couldn't justify the expense of paying big money to a player they really have no role for anymore ... and for the same reason, I'm convinced Gortat will be in Dallas: they can't justify the expense.
DLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #525
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "wink deal" done between Dallas and Orlando during the Marion shuffle.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #526
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a "wink deal" done between Dallas and Orlando during the Marion shuffle.
That sort of thought is what keeps me optimistic.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #527
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord View Post
c. Houston was outbid by Dallas ...would they now trade for a bigger contract, PLUS have to add on talent that ORL likes?
d. SA? see Houston
I get what you are saying, but it's not necessarily what happened. If Houston and/or SA were willing to go the full MLE on Gortat, then they weren't outbid by Dallas--at least from the perspective of their own interest. From the perspective of Gortat's interest they obviously were indeed outbid, but if we are talking about the possibility of Orlando matching and trading him this winter, then Gortat's own interests no longer matter.

It may have been the case that Houston and/or SA--or even Dallas, for that matter--would have been willing to pay more than the MLE and also add some talent, if a sign-and-trade was in play and that's what it took to get the deal done. We don't know the answer to that.

You may well be describing the situation (with Houston/SA) exactly as it is, but there is certainly no proof of that.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #528
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

Sometimes, you have to trust your sources.

What I'm hearing is that the Mavericks are very likely to end up with Marcin Gortat, despite the 6-11 center's comments online to the contrary.

The players are not normally the ones that hear first that they are being kept or sent on.

All I can say is that the Mavericks seem pretty darn confident about this thing. I'm not saying there is a deal here. But I think the fact that Donnie Nelson has known Otis Smith since the Golden State days may help the situation here.

They know they are going to have to do business down the road.

Bottom line: Gortat is going to be a Maverick. That's the betting favorite right now.

--Eddie Sefko
Old 07-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #529
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
That sort of thought is what keeps me optimistic.
Same here. We all want to see him on the Mavs. So...we just sit and wait.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #530
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
I get what you are saying, but it's not necessarily what happened. If Houston and/or SA were willing to go the full MLE on Gortat, then they weren't outbid by Dallas--at least from the perspective of their own interest. From the perspective of Gortat's interest they obviously were indeed outbid, but if we are talking about the possibility of Orlando matching and trading him this winter, then Gortat's own interests no longer matter.

It may have been the case that Houston and/or SA--or even Dallas, for that matter--would have been willing to pay more than the MLE and also add some talent, if a sign-and-trade was in play and that's what it took to get the deal done. We don't know the answer to that.

You may well be describing the situation (with Houston/SA) exactly as it is, but there is certainly no proof of that.
I know I read somewhere that Houston did not offer the full MLE. I don't remember if it was less year or less money (or both), but I remember reading it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #531
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post

What I'm hearing is that the Mavericks are very likely to end up with Marcin Gortat, despite the 6-11 center's comments online to the contrary.

The players are not normally the ones that hear first that they are being kept or sent on.

All I can say is that the Mavericks seem pretty darn confident about this thing. I'm not saying there is a deal here. But I think the fact that Donnie Nelson has known Otis Smith since the Golden State days may help the situation here.

Bottom line: Gortat is going to be a Maverick. That's the betting favorite right now.

--Eddie Sefko

That makes me feel good seeing that, but I'm not sure anyone know's whats going to happen at this point other than Otis Smith. Maybe he's let some whispers out, but, everything right now is opinion.

Logic will tell you he'll be a Mav, but... you never know.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #532
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no....Sefko is saying Gortot is safe??!!!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #533
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I know I read somewhere that Houston did not offer the full MLE. I don't remember if it was less year or less money (or both), but I remember reading it.
Fair enough. I didn't know that. Was that before or after the Yao news, though? It would seem a bit odd to favor Ariza over Gortat if you don't have a center.

The other thing I've been pondering is...has Gortat's stock risen considerably since the Mavs signed him to the offer sheet? I'm thinking about the NFL and NBA drafts, where stocks can swing wildly in short periods, sometimes perhaps for no other reason than "buzz"--other teams are valuing the player, so maybe you should be too. I don't know...it just seems that quite a few people have lauded the Mavs for finding a bargain in Gortat. If that's true, then on the "do over," the bargain doesn't go as cheap.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #534
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
... but if we are talking about the possibility of Orlando matching and trading him this winter, then Gortat's own interests no longer matter.
I guess you skipped 2c of DLord's analysis of the pending Gortat trade? I think the question would be if he really likes the prospect of playing in Dallas so much more over Houston or SA that he's willing to wait until next season to get here.
As for the Houston offer: I'm sure it was a lot less money at a time when Yao was already out for the season. I don't know about the length of their offer, but money-wise it was like 3 - 3,5mio a year. But you never know, maybe they changed their mind after exploring the market for big men with almost two weeks into free agency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord
2. if ORL matches
a. they can't trade G at all until after Dec 15
b. they pay him during that time
c. they can only trade him with his permission, so he controls the destination
d. they can't trade him to Dallas under any condition until 2010-11

4. the wildcard in the deck
a. if ORL got interest from a team under the cap like OKC, they could match and trade him there in 90 days ... that assumes OKC would want to spend their cap room in this manner
b. OKC wouldn't have to send back salary since they have cap room ..ORL could just take back a pick or some cash or both
c. but OKC wouldn't be obligated in Dec to do the deal if they changed their mind ...big risk for ORL in such a deal and they could get stuck with a big contract and nowhere to go if something changed (see: DALLAS, Diop-for-Felton 2008)
I hope DLord doesn't intend to put the OKC-part on the website because I'm not exactly sure they're fully aware of their situation in this.[url]
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #535
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Sefko seems to have inside info that Gortat is indeed coming here and Orlando will not match.

Quote:
Trust that Gortat will be here
7:32 PM Fri, Jul 10, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Eddie Sefko/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

--Eddie Sefko
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #536
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
I guess you skipped 2c of DLord's analysis of the pending Gortat trade?
Yes, you are correct. I was not aware of the rules in this case. But for the sake of argument, we know that Gortat wants playing time. Is there any reason to believe he would refuse a trade to Houston in that scenario?

Quote:
As for the Houston offer: I'm sure it was a lot less money at a time when Yao was already out for the season. I don't know about the length of their offer, but money-wise it was like 3 - 3,5mio a year. But you never know, maybe they changed their mind after exploring the market for big men with almost two weeks into free agency.
Exactly. These things are fluid. But then again, as David points out, Orlando can't count that as money in the bank, for the same reasons.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #537
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Oh no....Sefko is saying Gortot is safe??!!!
Safe from what? Orlando or Dallas?

You got a link?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #538
darkwitzki
Golden Member

darkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of lightdarkwitzki is a glorious beacon of light

LAS VEGAS -- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said the team isn't quite there yet in terms of making an announcement regarding the prognosis for center Yao Ming and his left foot.

But what he will say unequivocally is that his team needs a center, and he's going to go out and get one.

"I think we're probably going to have to trade for a center," Morey said after watching the Rockets beat the Warriors 73-69 in an NBA Summer League game. "That will probably be the plan at this point. There are a few free agents that might be later fill-ins, but I think most likely we'll address some of our needs through trades."

At this point the Rockets don't know how long they'll be without Yao, who has a hairline fracture in his left foot. The NBA has already granted the Rockets an injury exception to the salary cap in anticipation of Yao missing the entire year, although Yao is still eligible to play should he make an unexpectedly quick recovery. Morey said he's optimistic the injury will not end Yao's career.

"We're going to make a joint release with Yao's advisors when we decide on a course of treatment," Morey said. "Before that we're going to stay quiet on it because we don't really know until that decision is made what will happen.

Something's cookin', Rockets will go all out for a center, better not be our hammer.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #539
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwitzki View Post
LAS VEGAS -- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said the team isn't quite there yet in terms of making an announcement regarding the prognosis for center Yao Ming and his left foot.

But what he will say unequivocally is that his team needs a center, and he's going to go out and get one.

"I think we're probably going to have to trade for a center," Morey said after watching the Rockets beat the Warriors 73-69 in an NBA Summer League game. "That will probably be the plan at this point. There are a few free agents that might be later fill-ins, but I think most likely we'll address some of our needs through trades."

At this point the Rockets don't know how long they'll be without Yao, who has a hairline fracture in his left foot. The NBA has already granted the Rockets an injury exception to the salary cap in anticipation of Yao missing the entire year, although Yao is still eligible to play should he make an unexpectedly quick recovery. Morey said he's optimistic the injury will not end Yao's career.

"We're going to make a joint release with Yao's advisors when we decide on a course of treatment," Morey said. "Before that we're going to stay quiet on it because we don't really know until that decision is made what will happen.

Something's cookin', Rockets will go all out for a center, better not be our hammer.
I'd rather it be damp...

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:43 PM   #540
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I'd rather it be damp...
There's no Sammy's left on the Rockets, so no. Think Dust Chip 2010. (If somebody said these two sentences a month ago, you'd think they're talking some jibberish and are on something.)
Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #541
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
There's no Sammy's left on the Rockets, so no. Think Dust Chip 2010. (If somebody said these two sentences a month ago, you'd think they're talking some jibberish and are on something.)
And if someone said them just now, you'd think they were some sort of fanboy.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #542
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLord View Post
The Mavs could have kept Bass. The money was a bigger issue for Bass than the minutes, because you can always get traded and this was looming as his big chance to get a strong payday.

But while he would have been an asset to stockpile for Dallas, his role had to shrink with the acquisition of Marion (who now soaks up the bulk of the minutes at both forward positions that Dirk-Jho don't take) and at C (where Dampier-Gortat will now use up almost all the minutes, with a few to Dirk I suspect.) The Mavs couldn't justify the expense of paying big money to a player they really have no role for anymore ... and for the same reason, I'm convinced Gortat will be in Dallas: they can't justify the expense.
Precisely the point I was making.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:52 PM   #543
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #544
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Or perhaps informed.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-11-2009, 12:24 AM   #545
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

After reading all this, I shouldn't have watched all those YouTube Polish Hammer videos. I haven't been more pumped up for a white center in my life.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:28 AM   #546
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

Rockets are probably looking to trade for Samuel Dalembert and Elton Brand cuz the Sixers want to re-sign Andre Iguodala.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:24 AM   #547
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Rockets are probably looking to trade for Samuel Dalembert and Elton Brand cuz the Sixers want to re-sign Andre Iguodala.
Wha?!?

(C Asks jthig if he can borrow his desk to repeatedly slam own head into it)

Iguodala is already signed through at least the next 4 years.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:31 AM   #548
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are going to break that desk before too long.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:35 AM   #549
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

eyedentifyme always just makes up whatever facts he feels like.

The man has underrated comical value on this forum.

Quote:
Mavs payroll is around 28 million (Dirk opts out, not renewing Josh's contract) before the start of the 2010-11 season. We should be able to get 2 All-Stars in here to help Dirk and Kidd (Lebron at 27 million a year, Bosh at 23 million a year, resign Dirk for 5 million that one year, get rid of Dampier, resign Kidd to 10 mill). At about a 98 million dollar payroll we would have Kidd/Jet/Lebron/Dirk/Bosh/Barea/Green/Foster/Hollins/Williams/Wright. With Baron Davis's contract we won't get this done. After that season, Mav's payroll would jump again with Dirk getting more money as well. Out-bidding NY, NJ, Detroit, and Cleveland, is still an option without Baron's fat contract.
Quote:
Probably because Green has 9.5 fingers and Carlisle doesn't like handicap people (i.e. Stackhouse deactivated b/c of gimpy ankle).
Quote:
What about the Mavs trying to acquire Travis Outlaw from the Portland Trailblazers via a sign and trade? He has some good abilities. Would he be able to play SG for us?
followed up by...

Quote:
My bad, I meant what do you think about pursuing a trade for Travis Outlaw. And it looks like the answer is a no, since he's not a SG.
Quote:
A lot teams use center by committee anyways, if push comes to shove, Hollins and Singleton should use all 12 of their fouls...
Quote:
To get something, you have to give up something in potentially good players like Wright and Williams despite Phoenix not saving any money.
Quote:
Stack/Damp/Carroll/Wright/Williams/George for Korver, Boozer, and AK47 could be had. Stackhouse for Anthony Johnson and Mickael Pietrus could be had. Josh Howard/Stack/Ahmad Nivins/Jason Terry/2nd Rd Pk to Atlanta for Joe Johnson/Josh Smith/Maurice Evans could be had (yeah, I'm in dreamland).
Quote:
I thought Milwaukee wants to get rid of Michael Redd? We improve our bench by moving Jason Kidd to man the point guard spot as a reserve while thus having more bench scoring in Redd to go along with Jet. Our starting lineup will have two guys who can score in the low post with either Kaman or Villanueva while Dirk can spot out at the three point line and nail his threes or the same with Baron Davis or Redd. They can then change the system more towards the Orlando Magic system in which they feed the ball to Superman with four three point shooters around. Donnie and Cuban need to make this happen.
funny ass response this above statement..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Yeah, relegating Dirk to become Radmonavich is a great idea too.
Quote:
Green may be back because who else will represent the Dallas Mavericks in the 2010 Slam Dunk contest in Dallas in 2010 against Lebron James, Dwight Howard, J.R. Smith, and Nate Robinson.
Quote:
give them stackhouse, williams, and wright for butler
Quote:
If this inconsistency crap continues, even Dirk will want to join San Antonio to win a championship.

Quote:
Thanks for the info DLord. And yes, I got pwned. I do apologize for being ignorant on the subject.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-11-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #550
Dario1969

Dario1969 is on a distinguished road

http://www.orlandomagicdaily.com/?p=...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

It will be a full week until we officially find out about Marcin Gortat's status »

Marcin Gortat talks his current situation, his offensive development, and the possiblity of staying in Orlando

07/10/09 | by Zach McCann | Categories: Interviews

Marcin Gortat's mood was very interesting today at the summer league. While talking to reporters, he initially said he felt like Orlando was going to match the Mavericks' offer because they hadn't been able to sign another big man. Then, when a reporter informed Gortat that the Magic signed Bass, he pretty much conceded that his days were done in Orlando.

How does the Brandon Bass signing affect your situation?

Marcin Gortat: I haven?t heard anything about it. If that?s what happened, it doesn?t look like they?re going to pay all this money for a backup guy who?s going to play 10 minutes a game. That explains a lot to me, and I just have to get ready for a trip to Dallas.

How would you rate your offensive game?

Marcin Gortat: I believe my offensive game is on a good level right now. I just didn?t get a chance to show people in the league. My role on the team was to play defense, to rebound and block the shots, run the break, give as much energy as I can. I still believe my offensive game is pretty good. It?s not great, but I think it?s pretty good. Obviously I?m going to work on my game and I?m going to try and show it.

Do you feel like you haven?t been given a chance to show your offensive game?

Marcin Gortat: I think there are a couple of teams who have seen me play back in Europe, and national teams and summer leagues and certain tournaments in Europe. But I don?t think a lot of teams have seen me play as an offensive guy in the NBA.

NOTE: After the jump, there's a transcript of the portion of the interview before he learned of the Brandon Bass signing. He even goes on to say "I think they will," when asked about the Magic matching the Mavericks' offer.

Follow up:

Do you think there?s any chance the Magic will match the Mavericks? offer?

Marcin Gortat: I think they will. At least that?s what I feel like. What?s going to happen later? We?ll see. All of this is like an iceberg, and you never know. You can laugh, you can smile, but at the end of the day people are saying they won?t match, they won?t match, but then at the end of the day you realize they might match. I?m pretty cool. I?m pretty chilled. I?m down right now and I don?t think there?s anything else to be worried about that.

Do you feel like it?s a win-win situation in either city?

Marcin Gortat: That?s the point. It?s not like it?s going to be a win. Either way it?s going to be a great situation for me. Either way I?m getting paid. But the thing is that I want to develop my game. I want to become a better basketball player at the end of the day. And obviously, Orlando is going to give me a lot of chance to develop my game, but I don?t know that they can give me the same minutes that Dallas can give me. We?ve got to be honest about that.

What do you think your role would be if you came back to the Magic?

Marcin Gortat: I don?t think I?m going to be a point guard, but I?m definitely going to be backup for Dwight and I?m going to fight for being able to get some time at the 4. Now that Brandon Bass is here, I don?t know. Paying so much money for a backup center, I don?t know if that?s going to work.

Would you be disappointed if the Magic match the offer and you?re forced to stay?

Marcin Gortat: Not at all. There?s a team that invested a lot of time in me. Not only 2 years in the NBA, but the 2 or 3 years before I got into the NBA to develop my game before the summer league and in the summer league. I?ve been with this team since 2005. I won?t be disappointed. I feel really comfortable here in this city and in this organization.
Dario1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:23 AM   #551
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Wha?!?

Asks jthig if he can borrow his desk to repeatedly slam own head into it.
Thiggy's desk is going to be in shreds before it's all said and done.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:40 AM   #552
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

"Lebron at 27 million a year, Bosh at 23 million a year, resign Dirk for 5 million that one year, get rid of Dampier, resign Kidd to 10 mill). "

likely Kidd gets 10 mill Dirk 5 mill
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:44 AM   #553
GMFFDHT

GMFFDHT is on a distinguished road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWOGu...eature=related

Gortat didn't just hang around the orlando summer league - but played a lot of minutes...check the boxscores...
GMFFDHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #554
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

eyedentifyme is the illegitimate offspring of horse and Terry Shaivo.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #555
sefant77
Guru

There is a guy on a magic forum that tell he has "inside sources". He posted the Bass signing hours before it was official and now he posted the magic will match Gortat monday.

Well, with Bass he could guessed it lucky with the timing, the magic fans also dont know exactly what to think. True or attention whore.

But im a little bit worried, also with the center headlines from Houston.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/foru...m/f/8891029871

moldy_hobo is the guy, you can see his 2 threads there.

Last edited by sefant77; 07-11-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #556
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Wake me when there's actual news on Gortat.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #557
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I think we're about to get screwed.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:22 PM   #558
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Give me a break.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #559
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Otis will match and trade to houston for someone. Why does stuff like this always happen? our fate always tied with someone else's action ala denver losing to the blazers and spurs beating the hornets for playoffs

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #560
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason I see the Magic matching is if they think of him as a trade asset. The negative side to that though (for them) is that they'd still have to take on some kind of salary in a trade. Centers are always in high demand and almost always tradable though (see Diop).

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic threads, epic fail, f otis, hammered, he's polish, no gortat no chance, offseason trolls!, orlandomatchesoffer, otis loves polish sausage, otis you son of a..., that's racist!, the return of windmill, trade black, we win super balls now?