Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #521
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a keeper league. (It IS a PPR league, though). As for the rest of my roster, I'd be pretty unbalanced after this trade, if I'm not already. Here are my backs and receivers (I have Cutler at QB and Gonzalez at TE):

WR
Marshall
Edwards
Roddy White
Antonio Bryant

RB
Steven Jackson
Earnest Graham
Jonathan Stewart
Michael Bush
LeRon McClain

Thanks for the advice, guys.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 01:42 PM   #522
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Your running backs look a lot better than your wideouts - I'd stick with what you have (Baby TO is better than any of them and this trade doesn't make you stronger at WR...)

S-Jax might bounce back with a new QB at the helm, Graham is solid, Daily Show has a lot of potential to get better as the season rolls on and McClain is shaping up to be a workhorse this season (great defenses allow decent offenses to sit on a lead, thus allowing more running yards in junk time to kill clock - crappy defenses make decent offenses have to shoot their way out of a game...)

Don't get me wrong - as of week three, McFadden is one of 3 names I'd mention in a Rookie of the Year conversation (next to Forte and Felix Jones), Megatron looks sexy but he plays for DETROIT (how long is Kitna going to hold up with that line???), and Ronnie Brown will NEVER have another game for the rest of his career like the one he had last week (he'll be solid, but not much better than what you already have...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 09-25-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #523
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Good points!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:54 PM   #524
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

It comes down to how you view Edwards. If you take Brown and Edwards out of the equation, you're talking about an absolute steal. You drop from Marshall to Johnson, and you gain McFadden.

If you view Edwards as an elite receiver then it's probably a deal you turn down. If you view Edwards has having lower value because of his QB situation, I'd think long and hard abut doing the deal and then looking to trade on Jackson's name value for a solid #2 receiver.

I'm not sure either decision is incorrect in this scenario. Very interesting.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:53 PM   #525
chumdawg
Guru

Interesting, Thiggy. I offered to do the deal if I keep Edwards. They (it's a three-team deal) countered by leaving Edwards in the deal and offering up Driver. Thoughts?
Old 09-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #526
chumdawg
Guru

Now I can have McFadden, Megatron, and Plaxico if I like (for Marshall and Edwards). My brain is starting to hurt!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #527
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would do that. Driver has pretty good value in a PPR league. I'm pretty low on Edwards right now. After this week Cleveland has a brutal schedule.

It's definitely a risk though. McFadden is very much an unknown quantity, although he's playing on a team that is running the ball every chance they get, so his upside is ridiculous.

Edit: Holy crap for Plaxico I'd do it in a hearbeat. Megatron and Plaxico is a flat out better WR combo than Marshall and Edwards, in my opinion. Well, maybe not better, but it's close, and getting McFadden on top of that, that's a deal I do, definitely.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 09-25-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #528
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Now I can have McFadden, Megatron, and Plaxico if I like (for Marshall and Edwards). My brain is starting to hurt!
Plax for Marshall is a lock - do it!

[Megatron > Edwards... PLUS McFadden!]

Last edited by Underdog; 09-25-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:15 PM   #529
chumdawg
Guru

Okay, I will see if we can sign the papers on this deal then!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #530
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that latest proposal is a much better deal for you. You don't take the same kind of hit at WR and getting Run DMC is very nice. You just need to watch out for Crazy Plax. We don't need a tail end run of TO in Philly for you.

That would SUCK!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #531
chumdawg
Guru

Now they want me to give Steven Jackson, too. Bastards.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #532
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Counter offer for Driver instead of Plax. Including Jackson is out of the question, you're just treading water at that point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #533
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, avoid that Jackson move...he's still a viable buy low guy. You need to hold on to him.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #534
chumdawg
Guru

How do you guys feel about Ronnie Brown? I am pretty intrigued by this guy. I had him last year, and he was on fire for me starting in the third week, before going down with injury. Now this year they come out with this Wildcat stuff, and he has an out-of-this-world game. I certainly don't expect their success with the Wildcat to continue long...but, can we be sure of that? I have heard that they have improved their offensive line, and with Parcells there now, I can believe this.

So, what's the general opinion on Brown? How much would you give to get him?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:07 AM   #535
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Lousy stinking week 4 byes of all things pretty much guarantee me losses in both of my 3-0 leagues.

I guess 3-1 isn't a terrible place to be.

Damn!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:09 AM   #536
Underdog

Quote:
Which RBs do you have right now?

(same ones as up top?)

Last edited by Underdog; 09-27-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #537
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
How do you guys feel about Ronnie Brown? I am pretty intrigued by this guy. I had him last year, and he was on fire for me starting in the third week, before going down with injury. Now this year they come out with this Wildcat stuff, and he has an out-of-this-world game. I certainly don't expect their success with the Wildcat to continue long...but, can we be sure of that? I have heard that they have improved their offensive line, and with Parcells there now, I can believe this.

They are threatening to release the Wildcat more, with different variations...so I don't think it'll go away. I'm sure there will be tinkers with including Ginn more. I don't think he'll be as good as he was last week, but he'll be a good middle of the pack RB. There is a chance he can maybe flirt with outside of the top 10, but that's a stretch. Ricky cuts into his carries and is just as effective so that stunts the value.

If it's the RBs you have listed earlier, he'll probably fit in the #2 or 3 slot. Can't see him clearly being your #1.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #538
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

So here's my odd fantasy predicament:

I watch all Cowboy games with my dad. My parents have been out of town this weekend, and they're going to get back in around 6. So we're recording the game and I'll head over there to watch it around that time. That means that once the Cowboy game start at 3 today, I have to cut myself off from sports sites, and sports tv.

Now, in one of the fantasy leagues I really care about, I have Brian Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter. I won't be able to risk hitting up a sports news site before the game tonight for fear of seeing something on the Dallas game, so I have to make the dicision on who to play now.

Westbrook is a game time decision. So...do you gamble and start Westbrook, or do you play Buckhalter, who figures to get a little more work than normal even if Westbrook does start?

I'm leaning towards Buckhalter. Anyone else?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 09-28-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #539
chumdawg
Guru

Depends on how you think you match up against your opponent. If you think you need every point you can possibly get, play Westy. If you are comfortable with the matchup and think you can wear him down, play Buckhalter. In other words, do you feel lucky?
Old 09-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #540
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Westbrook has a long, long history of playing in games after not practicing during the previous week, so as CD said, if you want to go with a sure thing play Buckhalter because even if Westbrook plays, CB will still get you some points, but if you really need big points from the position you should probably swing for the fences and start Westbrook...

Last edited by Evilmav2; 09-28-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #541
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm up 13 points right now. My gut tells me Buckhalter is going to get a lot of work even if Westbrook starts, so I'm going with the safe pick.

Thanks for the input guys.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-28-2008, 03:14 PM   #542
BGMaverick9
Guru

Good luck jthig!
Old 09-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #543
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

chumdawg, my opponent in the keeper league either didn't care or forgot to adjust his byes. He kept Reggie Wayne and the Giants defense in there.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:54 PM   #544
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
chumdawg, my opponent in the keeper league either didn't care or forgot to adjust his byes. He kept Reggie Wayne and the Giants defense in there.
That was probably me, right? I keep forgetting about the ESPN league. I wish it was on Yahoo.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #545
chumdawg
Guru

I love the keeper league, but I have no patience for the ESPN interface. I've been trying to add a defense for the last fifteen minutes, and I'm still not close. It takes SO long to load ESPN pages. I feel like I'm on a dial-up 28K modem. I have no patience for that.

The worst website I know of is espn.com. Spend five minutes serving the ads before you give me the content I want.

Sorry I can't get competitive with you this week, but I'm not going to keep putting up with this shit.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #546
BGMaverick9
Guru

There's gotta be something up with your browser or something. I haven't run into any problems at all with ESPN. I hope you're able to get it taken care of soon though!
Old 09-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #547
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

As someone who traded Brett Favre to get Carson Palmer a couple of weeks ago...I'm crying a little bit on the inside right now.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #548
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:

Sorry I can't get competitive with you this week, but I'm not going to keep putting up with this shit.
No problem I'll take the victory, lol.

That's weird I dont have any problems with espn.com. Do you use Firefox or Internet Explorer? Firefox has a built in pop-up blocker so I see no ads.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:55 PM   #549
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
No problem I'll take the victory, lol.

That's weird I dont have any problems with espn.com. Do you use Firefox or Internet Explorer? Firefox has a built in pop-up blocker so I see no ads.
I use Maxthon, which sits on top of IE, as I understand it. When I can access every other site without problems, but ESPN takes five minutes to load a page, I fault ESPN.com and not my browser.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #550
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Does anyone have any interest in the Packers Defense? I picked up the Titans last week because the Packers were gonna play the Cowboys and I'm going to stick with the Titans. Looking to trade the Packers D for a player maybe a tight end or Wide Receiver. The Packers D had 22 points in week 2.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 09-28-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #551
BGMaverick9
Guru

You can prove me wrong, but I think you'll be hard-pressed to find a match for your deal. But I've been proven to be wrong numerous times.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #552
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 09-28-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Wrong thread!
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:15 PM   #553
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Oh well. If I have to I'll keep 2 defenses and start who I think has the better matchup. People don't value defenses in this league but their points count just as much as any other player. And it's rare a lesser Wide Receiver will have more points than a good D like Packers, much less most Tight Ends. But hey it's all good to me, I'll keep em.

Packers points so far
45 Total

Titans points so far
66 Total

Tony Gonzales
45 Total

Only Gates and Witten have more than Gonzales of anyones starting TE.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 09-28-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:17 PM   #554
BGMaverick9
Guru

I'm sure people value them, it's just a matter of the roster spots available. 4 bench spots really makes you have to think about how you want to set it up. It's a big deal when it takes up a big chunk of your bench and you might have to let someone go you might not want to easily give up.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #555
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Yeah I understand. I may honestly just use two defenses. Without the solid defensive points I've gotten so far I may be 0-4. (since Chad Johnson has been a bust and Peyton Manning just isn't right yet)

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 09-28-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #556
BGMaverick9
Guru

Looks like I'll need a miracle from Forte and the Ravens.

Coles and Muhammad..... really?

If I'm going down, I'm hopeful that Team Flaco rolls down with me. That last drive with Witten might've hurt his chances.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:41 PM   #557
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
Looks like I'll need a miracle from Forte and the Ravens.

Coles and Muhammad..... really?

If I'm going down, I'm hopeful that Team Flaco rolls down with me. That last drive with Witten might've hurt his chances.
I can't believe I actually still have a chance at this point.

And I really don't care for getting goose egg from Felix Jones. I blame Jason Garrett for that. He needs to put the ball in that kids hands a little more often if they (and I) want to win.

-2 points from the Vikings defense....great.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #558
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I can't believe I actually still have a chance at this point.

And I really don't care for getting goose egg from Felix Jones. I blame Jason Garrett for that. He needs to put the ball in that kids hands a little more often if they (and I) want to win.

-2 points from the Vikings defense....great.
I agree that Felix needs more touches, not so much for your team ( ) but for the literal sense.

Looks like Lloyd is a go, but Ward will be the X-factor I think b/c of Big Ben and the Ravens D.

I was interested to see the moves or potential lack thereof based on the byes. I wonder if that'll change next week or not. Too bad I had to work this morning and Palmer gave me the big 0 for not playing. Guess everyone was wrong in thinking he was for sure going to play. Oh well!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #559
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

My team is starting to get good results.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #560
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I need H.Ward to go off against the Ravens tonight...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6 points per fluff, fantasy, fantasy fluff, your mom is my fantasy