Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #521
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

States that McCain must hold to have a shot at the swing states. He must win FL, OH, IN, NC, VA, MO and even GA. He should win GA. IN, he could possibly lose and still win but it would be hard. I don't think he can lose any of these other states and win.

States Obama must hold to have a shot at the swing states. PA, MI, WI, MN, IA, ME, WA. He can lose ME and still win. PA and MI are the big ones here he needs to hold. I also feel he has WA, like McCain has GA.

FL, OH and PA are the big players. I also think VA and possibly NC can be very big in this election and Mac needs to secure MO as well. If everyone wins what they are suppose to and losses what they are suppose to, then NH, CO and NV become very important. Every state is important and especially CO, VN and NH but both men must hold these certain states for these out west to come into play and NH will be a bonus for one of these men.

Obama has himself positioned very good and he has several possibilites of winning and Mac must break thru the northern states or PA to have himself several ways of winning. So far it hasn't happened and Mac has only one way of winning and yes he very well could but the more options the better and Obama has this now.

Any knock on Obama? Yes, some of his blue states are light blue and yes he should win them but if he had them dark blue and put away he could really focus on taking more of these others away from Mac. The red states Mac has, he has alot dark red. That is one good thing going for Mac. Looking at the map and polls, it does look like an uphill battle for McCain.

I'll list some of the latest states that are very key to both. Some of the polls was just out today and i am not sure who has the best polling and worst, everyone will have to be their own judge on that.

FL-Pres Oct 1 Quinnipiac Obama (D) 51%, McCain (R) 43%

OH-Pres Oct 1 Quinnipiac Obama (D) 50%, McCain (R) 42%

PA-Pres Oct 1 Quinnipiac Obama (D) 54%, McCain (R) 39%

VA-Pres Sep 30 InsiderAdvantage Obama (D) 51%, McCain (R) 45%(To be fair here i have seen VA as close as Obama up only 2)

Survey USA has McCain up by 3 in IN. Survey USA has McCain up 1 in OH. Franklin & Marshall has Obama up 7 in PA. Survey USA has McCain up 8 in GA. ARG has McCain up 3 in NC. Gallup Tracking poll today has Obama up 48 to 44.

This is more of a republican site here but they list and keep up with most all of the polls daily if you desire to check and a good site to watch the differ polls.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/index.html

The front page of Real Clear http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ has Obama up 5 in CO, Up 2 in OH, Up 1.4 in FL, Up 7.7 in PA, Up 2 in VA and McCain up 3.2 in MO.

The debate is very important for Palin tomorrow night. Michael Murphy, a republican asked what in the world was McCain doing in IA today talking and trying to defend Sarah Palin with a newspaper in IA? He said he has lost IA and what is he doing there and get off the subject of Palin and back on something good for McCain and in a state he is trying to win. I was shocked seeing this also. Something i have been waiting for and finally today one of the heavy hitters was let lose in FL and made two apprearnces. I liked his message. It was Bill Clinton for Obama.

Notice on the map today, http://www.electoral-vote.com/ that OH, FL and NC are white. Up for grabs and even VA is shaded blue. Those are 4 states McCain can't lose. I am not speaking of McCain losing all 4 but he can't even lose 1 of them. The bail out bill should get passed soon and then the debate tomorrow night and both these could effect the polls some. I think both McCain and Obama are on the same side on the bail out bill.

Kirobaito, great site and thanks for posting http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #522
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I'm honestly absolutely shocked by the latest Q poll in Florida. Quinnipiac is a very good pollster, so I'm very surprised to see Obama up that far ahead in a state that McCain has always been expected to win.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #523
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
I'm honestly absolutely shocked by the latest Q poll in Florida. Quinnipiac is a very good pollster, so I'm very surprised to see Obama up that far ahead in a state that McCain has always been expected to win.
Not everyone has always expected Mac to win in FL. Hell, the Obama camp says they are going to spend 50MM there!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #524
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

Quote:
I thought that was a very good polling place also. It's almost like the dam broke. It was close with McCain holding anywhere from a 1 to 5 point lead. It seems Obama, Hillary, Biden and others was really making the rounds in FL and it got to 1 point up for Mac or tied and now this. I knew Obama's camp said they was going after FL and i knew money was being spent but in FL, i wondered how young vs seniors would do for both camps.

I thought it was a strong possibility the seniors stand for Mac but seniors like Hillary and alot of retired NY'ers live in FL. Then today it is a piece in Time magazine, it is pretty amazing right now how many white women are backing Obama. They said it has been a huge shift. Now Bill is down in FL. It's probably a combination of things. I really feel the reps have shot themself in the foot with Palin. I'm not trying to be smart or mean when i say this but i feel alot of people that didn't know who to vote for has seen her and scarred she could become the vp. McCain has always been a smart man but today at the Des moines Newspaper they asked him just how did Palin qualify and kept on him, well he got frustrated and kept repeating himself and even mentioned she has been in pta or the head of pta. This is at a school.

I am not picking on him but i do feel people are seeing this in his age and Palin right behind him. The dems are making him and even the media, talk only about Palin and him defend her. He needs to just say she is my vp and let's talk about foreign policy and the economy. Like chum has said, Obama is going to spend alot of money trying to take FL this time.

I notice also Obama or his people seem to be very smart on the electorial vote. Just like Bush and his people were. No matter if Hillary got more popular vote or close, no matter if Gore had more popular vote, it is about electorial. Obama's staff seem to know this, just like Bush's staff did. MAc is not doing bad in popular vote. Palin needs to do good tomorrow to bring people back and not scare them anymore. Maybe Biden can't rail her to hard either or blow up. I felt McCain being bold and stern did good in the debate but i guess he didn't. So maybe Biden can't come across like McCain.

The funny thing, if you just hush up and let both Biden and Palin ramble and talk, both stick their foot in their mouth. The difference is, usually Biden makes sense and Palin hasn't so far.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:09 PM   #525
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

It's along time yet before the election. Remember that OH is early voting now and Obama is surging. If Mac doesn't stop the bleeding and fast this could get ugly. I wonder if the republican base is out for Mac in these states, like FL, OH and people helping work for him. If these numbers hold up all this week, then watch for Mac or his staff throw another hail mary. To just do something off the all to shake things up. It can't hurt. You lose by 1 or landslide, it is still a loss. Now, it is showing NV has fell thru to Obama also.

FLORIDA (CNN/Time): Obama - 51%, McCain - 47%

FLORIDA (Insider Advantage): Obama - 49%, McCain - 46%, Others - 1%

FLORIDA (Suffolk Univ.): Obama - 46%, McCain - 42%, Barr - 2%, McKinney - 1%, Nader - 1%

Look at this, this is wild. Indiana doesn't vote dem. They just don't and now Obama has closed to 1. I know any state that touches IL Obama can do good or the state be swayed but Indiana is republican with a capitol r.

INDIANA (Research 2000): McCain - 46%, Obama - 45%

IA was were Big Mac was today and Michael Murphy was talking like Mac has lost it, why in IA and not on the trail trying to turn this tide.

IOWA (Research 2000): Obama - 55%, McCain - 39%

MINNESOTA (CNN/Time): Obama - 54%, McCain - 43%

MISSOURI (CNN/Time): Obama - 49%, McCain - 48%

NEVADA (Insider Advantage): Obama - 48%, McCain - 47%, Others - 1%

NEVADA (CNN/Time): Obama - 51%, McCain - 47%

TEXAS (Rasmussen): McCain - 52%, Obama - 43%

VA blows my mind.

VIRGINIA (CNN/Time): Obama - 53%, McCain - 44%

WISCONSIN (Strategic Vision-R): Obama - 49%, McCain - 40%, Others - 2%
Old 10-02-2008, 06:27 AM   #526
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Obama: 338
McCain: 185

Ties: 15

http://electoral-vote.com/
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #527
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

I think Palin is an undercover democrat willing to destroy Mc´s campaign.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #528
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=7QIGJTHdH50

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #529
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Why should we listen to what he has to say? He's just one of those dirty commies.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 10-02-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #530
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Word today is that Mac is pulling out of Michigan...diverting those resources to WI, OH, and FL.

Very, very interesting.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:17 PM   #531
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It is interesting.

The Democrat governer of Michigan took office and raised business taxes and property taxes, but of course not ever raising the income taxes of the middle class...people are fleeing the state and have been for years. Michican is the 5th most taxed state in the country. They've lost how many jobs? I read 2 million somewhere but that seems impossible... It's like a vision of the future for an Obama presidency.

And the people in Michigan are so frakking stupid (Red wings fans probably) that they're going to go ahead and elect more democrat leadership. That's genius.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-02-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #532
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

You really think that's the only reason (if it is one) why people are fleeing Michigan?

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 10-02-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:38 PM   #533
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

it is an interesting exercise to plot the downfall of detroit/michigan from the single data point of a gubenatorial election.

On a similar note, the United States once elected Rutherford B. Hayes... and look where we are now! gooooooOOO Ruthie!
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #534
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact American cars suck and are always behind the curve vs foreign competition..

Old 10-02-2008, 03:41 PM   #535
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
You really think that's the only reason (if it is one) why people are fleeing Michigan?
Because their economy sucks?

Because the taxes are outrageous?

Because their GDP has gone from #23 to #35 in the nation since she (the female Obama clone governor) took over?

Because they've been in a one-state recession for years now?

And when did I use the word "only"?

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but here's what I'm talking about: Look to Michigan to see what an Obama presidency will do to this country. That's what happens when you don't tax the "working families" but you just tax everything else out the wazoo.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 10-02-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #536
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Their economy sucks because it is so manufacturing-reliant, an industry that has been especially pummeled by huge layoffs and outsourcing since 2001.

You give too much credit to government.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #537
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Because their economy sucks?

Because the taxes are outrageous?

Because their GDP has gone from #23 to #35 in the nation since she (the female Obama clone governor) took over?

Because they've been in a one-state recession for years now?

And when did I use the word "only"?

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about, but here's what I'm talking about: Look to Michigan to see what an Obama presidency will do to this country. That's what happens when you don't tax the "working families" but you just tax everything else out the wazoo.
Rabbitproof got it for me. It's the economy Michigan built up. There are plenty of democratic governors in states that are doing the opposite of what Michigan is doing. Arizona, North Carolina, Colorado, etc. You're using one state as an example of what you think an Obama presidency would be like. It doesn't work like that.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 10-02-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #538
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack
There are plenty of democratic governors in states that are doing the opposite of what Michigan is doing.
Well then that's not what I'm talking about is it? You're having a hard time following along.

I'm pointing out the similarities in their tax plans, which are: Tax the hell out of everything else so you can say you didn't raise taxes on "working families" or "the middle class."

It hasn't worked out well for them in Michigan. Yes, I understand there are a variety of reasons why they're having a rough go of it, but all of the new business, property, goods and services, etc, etc, etc taxes certainly contributed.

One would think that they'd be tired of that and vote for something different, but they're not. They're going to vote for Obama. Why do you suppose that is?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #539
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Flaco,

http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2008/0...factories.html

I don't necessarily agree with some policies but I can see how that plan might get a vote from the natives.

PS- Can you or another mod fix the thread duplication issue?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #540
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

McCain pulling out of Michigan

Yes Chum he pulled out and another state just went for Obama. This was where Romney made this state a real play and with Palin, nothing. This is great news. If Mac was suppose to challenge blue states, it was PA, MI, Wi, Mn with really the two they thought he might have a shot at, Mi and Pa. Looks bad for Big Mac.

He is fixing to put all money he can muster up in FL and OH. I don't think Mac will win both these. I feel atleast one of these will fall.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #541
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Sen. John McCain now must win Pennsylvania, Wisconsin or Minnesota in order to get enough electoral votes to win the presidency, his campaign says.

Those were considered swing states in 2000 and 2004, but George W. Bush lost them both times.

“Our ability to pick off one of those three states is where our fortunes are largely held,” a McCain official said. “These are states where Barack Obama is on the defense.”

PA - Depending on the poll you look at, Obama is us anywhere from 8 to 15 in PA.

WI - Obama is up 9 in WI

MN - Obama is up 11 in MN

As he tries to cut the lead here, i hope the dems pound FL and OH, even VA and NC and go ahead and put this race out of reach in the next two weeks. More polls comming in Obama up 3 in a red state, NC. One of the biggest red states it is, GA, McCain's lead is down to 6. Great job dems and keep the good work up. In 4 years i hope the reps run Sarah Palin for pres next time.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #542
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Default Great Debate

Great debate by Sarah Palin and great debate by Joe Biden. I was very impressed by both. I thought Palin did a great job comparred to what we have seen the last couple of weeks. This debate was no pause, relentless, and flowed good. Again, i was very impressed with both in this debate.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #543
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

The CBS poll of undecideds had Biden winning the debate 46-21, with 33 percent calling it a tie. But few votes were moved as as result. Among the undecideds, 18 percent committed to Obama, and 10 percent committed to McCain, but 71 percent remained uncommitted.

Biden won the CNN and CBS focus groups. Palin won the Luntz focus group. The candidates tied in the Halperin focus group.

------------------------------------------------------

More great news, CNN has just moved a red state blue but only by one point and again another state Obama is not suppose o win. The state is MO, Obama up 1. Mason Dixon has McCain up 3 in VA and CNN has Obama up 10 in VA. A wide range of maybe 10 polls, shows Obama up anywhere from 3 to 11 Nationally. The magic number most polls seem to agree on 5.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Again for me, i felt Obama/McCain was about a tie and again i feel Palin/Biden was about a tie.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #544
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Well then that's not what I'm talking about is it? You're having a hard time following along.

I'm pointing out the similarities in their tax plans, which are: Tax the hell out of everything else so you can say you didn't raise taxes on "working families" or "the middle class."

It hasn't worked out well for them in Michigan. Yes, I understand there are a variety of reasons why they're having a rough go of it, but all of the new business, property, goods and services, etc, etc, etc taxes certainly contributed.

One would think that they'd be tired of that and vote for something different, but they're not. They're going to vote for Obama. Why do you suppose that is?
Michigan has been run by liberals since 2003, but it's been a ****hole since the 80s bro.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #545
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Another swing state up for grabs and was very close, Rasmussen has taken it to Obama with a huge jump. NH - Obama up 10. WA - Obama up 10, NV - Obama up 4. Today's tracking polls have Obama up 6 to 7 points. This was a big jump for Obama in NH.

Other news, it is rumors and said talks of McCain pulling out of PA. Many say he must win either PA, MI, MN to win. He must take away a blue state. He already pulled out of MI. It could be Mac will try to defend FL, OH, VA, NC, either CO or NV and then take away MN. He is really fighting an uphill battle now.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #546
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
Another swing state up for grabs and was very close, Rasmussen has taken it to Obama with a huge jump. NH - Obama up 10. WA - Obama up 10, NV - Obama up 4. Today's tracking polls have Obama up 6 to 7 points. This was a big jump for Obama in NH.

Other news, it is rumors and said talks of McCain pulling out of PA. Many say he must win either PA, MI, MN to win. He must take away a blue state. He already pulled out of MI. It could be Mac will try to defend FL, OH, VA, NC, either CO or NV and then take away MN. He is really fighting an uphill battle now.
He cannot really focus on defending his own ground, though. If he simply defends the ground he has (meaning - Bush '04 states), he loses, because of IA, NM, and CO. At this point in the campaign, I don't think choice but to go all out in Pennsylvania or Wisconsin and hope that the Bush '04 states that aren't seen as 'lost causes' (OH, VA, FL) simply go his way. I don't think it can be done. He doesn't have anywhere near the ground game that Obama has.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #547
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

You are right. It would take a major collapse now. He has done the same thing he did to Hillary, plus better this time. The democratic party made huge pushes into states right after the 2004 election and Obama has doubled that up by making huge pushes against Hillary and hasn't stopped. I am meaning in registering people to vote.

The republicans never thought that a state like VA or NC could ever fall. IN would almost be impossible. No one ever knows about NH. Then it hurt the republicans lost IA and NM that quick and especially IA. I have said this in other post, Obama must be so thankful to the people of IA. He shocked the world beating Hillary here and for many reasons. Then it was suppose to be a race between him and McCain here. It was never no race.

Holding all Kerry states and adding NM and IA gave Obama way to many options over the republican party. Then Obama has raised money like never before. To not only compete but to go into fully red states that a democrat hardly has a shot in and either turn the state light red, white and even some blue. It has made McCain fight on way to many fronts.

PA was key for the republicans and they knew this. They missed badly on MI because in my book, this Romney state was very important also. MN could have came into play and even now could but it is a long shot for McCain to be very honest. He is actually in danger of losing OH, FL, NC, VA, CO, NV, MO and IN is close. All these were McCain states except for CO and NV being a toss up.

The Bush connect with McCain and the democrats driving this point home has really hurt McCain. He is 70 something years old and when he goes out people are asking questions, they are asking for him to defend Bush and Palin. Completely opposite of what he wants to talk about or to get his message out on what he will do. That alone must be frustrating and tiring and would be for someone young. I am not trying to defend McCain and the republicans but he just had to many negatives he is trying to defend and they won't let him talk about the real issues. Some republicans blame him for not just shaking the other questions off and telling his side and his ideas.

Timming has ended up good for Obama also with Bill and Hillary. It took Bill a little while to warm up. Hillary came out and went thru FL for Obama when the race was close and just as the tide was turning to Obama but still close, Bill came right behind her. These were places Obama had some probs in where alot of these voters liked and wanted Hillary. FL, OH and PA. So things broke right for Obama but they made a better choice because Biden can go out and into states.

Palin showed last night, she can talk when she is turned loose and when you try not try to control her and make her read from a book. They messed up badly not turning her loose like Biden and going into all these states on her own. I do feel the republicans made a bad choice puting all their eggs in one basket choosing Palin, trying to get Hillary voters, then not letting her speak. Romney would have went in many states and made the states competetive and he is very good on economics. Economics is McCain's downfall and he hired Phil Graham. Very bad as smart people within the republican needed to help advise McCain better.

Obama has done himself really good also with his debates, speeches and now women have connected and it looks like even seniors have now. I don't see how McCain can abandon PA and really he can't. The race is over if he quits here. They must take PA and probably even MN and i am saying this because of what Obama is doing in some swing and red states.

In the end not enough republicans helped McCain and i agree Bush and Cheney couldn't because of the obvious but others could go out and help him and then the fact they chose Palin and wouldn't let her speak. I feel Obama or Hillary would have beat McCain and Obama has ran two great races back to back, one against Hillary and the other against McCain.

You are right, he must go all out in PA, Wi, and MN and hope one and two of these fall republican. I don't think it can happen but who knows in politics.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:25 AM   #548
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Ciruli has Obama up 1 in CO, so this is encouraging for Mac

SurveyUSA has Mac up 1 in MN, this is great news for Mac because this is 1 of the dem states that Mac needed to get, so it's hope there for him. Dems has won MN the last 4 years.

Rasmussen has Obama up 10 in NH, this state went from a tie to a huge jump

SRBI has Obama up 12 in NH

Rasmussen has Obama up 4 in NV

In CO, the dems did not over take the reps in registered voters. They cut the lead way down and the reps are barely up now in registered voters in that state but i think the dems did over take NV with registered dems. The dems did work hard in Co also trying to over take them and got close. Need to get an eye on MN. It looks as if Obama is widening the lead in PA.

I do think Mac needs two out of the four dem states, Pa, Wi, Mn, and or Mi. Any combo to keep him a chance to win, plus then start taking back the rep states Obama is up in and him hold Oh and Fl. It is a tough task.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #549
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Palin Holds Rally In Deep-Red Nebraska

Sarah Palin has a rally today in Omaha, Nebraska, set to begin at 7:30 p.m. ET. It seems odd that Palin would have to go to rev up the party base in a state that is guaranteed to go their way -- but in this case, it's because Nebraska splits its electoral votes by Congressional district, and the Obama camp has been making a play for this area. John McCain is off the campaign trail, preparing for Tuesday's debate.

Poll: Obama Takes Big Lead In Ohio
The new Columbus Dispatch poll gives Barack Obama a 49%-42% lead in Ohio, outside of the ±2% margin of error. If Obama were to pick up Ohio for the Dems, it would become virtually impossible for John McCain to put together an Electoral College majority.

Poll: It's A Tie In Colorado
A new Mason-Dixon poll of Colorado shows a tied race in this key swing state, with Obama and McCain at 44% each. Back in August, Obama had a 45%-42% lead, not significantly different from this new number.

Poll: Obama Way Ahead In Minnesota
The new Star Tribune poll gives Barack Obama a 55%-37% lead in Minnesota, a state that hasn't voted GOP since 1972 but has been increasingly close in recent elections. A SurveyUSA poll from just a few days ago gave McCain a 47%-46% lead, and a CNN poll from a few days ago put Obama ahead 54%-43%, further complicating the picture here.

Obama clinches on Rove map

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14294.html

Noonan Says Palin's Type Of Populism Is Bad For Country

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_132003.html

Oct 5th Gallup Trackcing Obama 50 - McCain 43

Dems could hit 60 Senate seats

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14280.html

A poll out Friday shows Sen. Norm Coleman could now easily lose his Minnesota seat to comedian-turned-candidate Al Franken. A Colorado race that initially looked like a nail-biter has now broken decisively for the Democrats. A top official in the McCain camp told us Sen. Elizabeth Dole is virtually certain to lose in conservative North Carolina.

Va. GOP fears McCain could lose the state

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14285.html
Old 10-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #550
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Minnesota's polls have been absolutely all over the place, and that includes the Senate polls between Coleman, Franken, and Barkley. I'm not sure I believe any of them right now.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #551
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I am with you. It is important also to know if Obama has this comphy lead, if close or actucally McCain up 1. If Obama is up 7 to 10 here, then he can really go after FL and OH and pick off one of those and stop the election right there.

I also find it odd that MI was the one where reps was excitted about and was doing fair in. Mac was losing in MI but i felt besides maybe PA he has somewhat of a shot here. PA looks like with Biden and the Clintons, Obama is really pulling away in PA. That was inportant. Then if Mac is out of MI and that is true, then he has WI and MN to only try for.

I really do not understand his team helping him. It seems they are not on the same page. They was not organized like what Bush was. I also want to give credit to Obamas people behind the secene. Pretty amazing actually and they first knocked off Hillary. That was amazing in itself.

Franken/Coleman is all over the place. Two polls will show Coleman blowing him out, then maybe the next two close with one being a tie and ever now and then you will see one where Franken is ahead by a pretty good margin. I never knew Lizzy Dole was in trouble. Something is happening in VA and NC.

The site you posted is very good and it will be good to watch and report on MN in itself. The senate race and pres race and see if any polls start to run consistent. It still looks like it is still a big back lash against Bush/Cheney and maybe that is why people like Dole, Sununu, Coleman are being challenged big time but also remember in polling the house is not popular at all either.

I was reading where the dems had spent money going after Doles seat. They really wanted the OR seat and it is close and been close with maybe the dem a lil ahead now. It is talks in the next week or so, going all out after Mitch McConnel in KY. Thaat would be a hard task to beat him but they say they haven't spent no money yet to speak of for the dem and he has been holding around 10 behind or so of McConnel.

Voter turn out should be like never before and probably record breaking of voters voting. No matter who gets in they have one heck of a task to try to clean up this mess but i am confident and they need to start and sooner the better and maybe get us out of recession sooner than we was suppose to.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #552
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

How did I miss the news that Al Franken was running for office?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #553
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Not sure Mary but when he was running i thought maybe it was a joke and i thought Norm Coleman was liked but then again wasn't this the sate that the wrestler won gov? I don't think he can stand any democrat or any republican. I forget his name. The wrestler.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #554
chumdawg
Guru

Jesse Ventura
Old 10-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #555
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Jesse "The Body" Ventura
fixed.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:35 AM   #556
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Yes Ventura. Watch him talk sometime, he is very down on reps and dems.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #557
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

The first article is a very good read on the state of GA. Keep in mind, dems just do not win in this state. Deep south. I have noticed a huge red state with points being trimmed off slowly and now McCain up 7. Yes it is probably a safe lead but we have 29 or 30 days to go. This is the bigger importance with all this, what Hillary and Obama has done and yes i will mention Bush/Cheney because alot of votes being cast and new voter registration is didrectly because of this adm. People upset.

Obama, Hillay, Bush/Cheney has helped register voters like never before and now young people will vote. The big picture is, this is not for just this election but forever. Where the reps wanted to break PA down and move into the north east, they never thought about defending the south. It was unheard of that a dem could get votes in the south, unless it was a rarity like Bill Clinton. Bush/Cheney could be very costly to the rep party and it be ever lasting for awhile, with VA, NC, Oh, GA and even states out west NV and CO all becomming much more bluer.

GA is very unlikely nut look at what Obama/Hillary has done on turn out and also people wanted to vote against Bush/Cheney. It is also people marching in many states registering people that have never voted that wants to now. I think Obama has been one of the best ever i have seen on showing and telling people why it is important and comming across as someone common. I think Bill Clinton has always done the same and i don't think Hillary has came across as good on this point at all. If they stay in these states now, to get ready for the election in 2012, they can register much more of the south for 2012. Not telling them how or who to vote. Be your own judge, just be part of the process and vote.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Georgia, Small Improvements in Black Voter Participation May Make Big Difference

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/...-in-black.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VA - SurveyUSA has Obama up 10 today.

NH - SurveyUSA has Obama up 13 today.

VA - Suffolk has Obama up 12 today.

PA - Morning Call has Obama up 11 today.

NM - Albuquerque Journal has Obama up 5 today.

GA - Research 2000 has McCain up 7 today.

NM is not so bad McCain could over come and maybe turn NM and win for him but his crew has done a very bad job holding Republican states. It was many factors in this but McCain needed a vp in difficult times(this adm) that could help him. Take alot of pressure and ground/leg work off him. Instead, just now are they letting his vp go into states and talk. They wait untill McCain is way down and 4 weeks to go, then turn his vp loose. He needed an experienced Vp that could talk and would start helping him from day 1. Palin was a huge blunder. Maybe not for her in years ahead of her running for pres but not helping Mc at all this time.

COLORADO (Denver Post/Mason-Dixon): Obama - 44%, McCain - 44%, Others - 4%. McCain has came back in CO. In short what i am talking about is when Mac goes to CO, like today, he will jump back a lil ahead in CO the next few days but the dems had Biden and Obama going to like Oh and Fl. So he falls deeper in republican states. Just today they turn Palin lose and try not to let Fl slip more and keep her in Fl while Mac is in Co. See the problem they have had by picking Palin? It's like playing 4 on 5 basketball. In a day or two, Obama will head back into Co.

MINNESOTA (Minneapolis Star-Tribune): Obama - 55%, McCain - 37%

OHIO (Columbus Dispatch): Obama - 49%, McCain - 42%, Others - 1%

PENNSYLVANIA (Muhlenberg College): Obama - 50%, McCain - 40%

MINNESOTA (Rasmussen): US Senator Norm Coleman (R) - 43%, humorist Al Franken (D) - 33%, former US Senator Dean Barkley (IP) - 19%

MISSISSIPPI (Rasmussen): US Senator Roger Wicker (R) - 49%, former Governor Ronnie Musgrove (D) - 47%

TEXAS (Rasmussen): US Senator John Cornyn (R) - 50%, State Representative Rick Noriega (D) - 43%
Old 10-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #558
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
The first article is a very good read on the state of GA. Keep in mind, dems just do not win in this state. Deep south. I have noticed a huge red state with points being trimmed off slowly and now McCain up 7. Yes it is probably a safe lead but we have 29 or 30 days to go. This is the bigger importance with all this, what Hillary and Obama has done and yes i will mention Bush/Cheney because alot of votes being cast and new voter registration is didrectly because of this adm. People upset.

Obama, Hillay, Bush/Cheney has helped register voters like never before and now young people will vote. The big picture is, this is not for just this election but forever. Where the reps wanted to break PA down and move into the north east, they never thought about defending the south. It was unheard of that a dem could get votes in the south, unless it was a rarity like Bill Clinton. Bush/Cheney could be very costly to the rep party and it be ever lasting for awhile, with VA, NC, Oh, GA and even states out west NV and CO all becomming much more bluer.

GA is very unlikely nut look at what Obama/Hillary has done on turn out and also people wanted to vote against Bush/Cheney. It is also people marching in many states registering people that have never voted that wants to now. I think Obama has been one of the best ever i have seen on showing and telling people why it is important and comming across as someone common. I think Bill Clinton has always done the same and i don't think Hillary has came across as good on this point at all. If they stay in these states now, to get ready for the election in 2012, they can register much more of the south for 2012. Not telling them how or who to vote. Be your own judge, just be part of the process and vote.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Georgia, Small Improvements in Black Voter Participation May Make Big Difference

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/...-in-black.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VA - SurveyUSA has Obama up 10 today.

NH - SurveyUSA has Obama up 13 today.

VA - Suffolk has Obama up 12 today.

PA - Morning Call has Obama up 11 today.

NM - Albuquerque Journal has Obama up 5 today.

GA - Research 2000 has McCain up 7 today.

NM is not so bad McCain could over come and maybe turn NM and win for him but his crew has done a very bad job holding Republican states. It was many factors in this but McCain needed a vp in difficult times(this adm) that could help him. Take alot of pressure and ground/leg work off him. Instead, just now are they letting his vp go into states and talk. They wait untill McCain is way down and 4 weeks to go, then turn his vp loose. He needed an experienced Vp that could talk and would start helping him from day 1. Palin was a huge blunder. Maybe not for her in years ahead of her running for pres but not helping Mc at all this time.

COLORADO (Denver Post/Mason-Dixon): Obama - 44%, McCain - 44%, Others - 4%. McCain has came back in CO. In short what i am talking about is when Mac goes to CO, like today, he will jump back a lil ahead in CO the next few days but the dems had Biden and Obama going to like Oh and Fl. So he falls deeper in republican states. Just today they turn Palin lose and try not to let Fl slip more and keep her in Fl while Mac is in Co. See the problem they have had by picking Palin? It's like playing 4 on 5 basketball. In a day or two, Obama will head back into Co.

MINNESOTA (Minneapolis Star-Tribune): Obama - 55%, McCain - 37%

OHIO (Columbus Dispatch): Obama - 49%, McCain - 42%, Others - 1%

PENNSYLVANIA (Muhlenberg College): Obama - 50%, McCain - 40%

MINNESOTA (Rasmussen): US Senator Norm Coleman (R) - 43%, humorist Al Franken (D) - 33%, former US Senator Dean Barkley (IP) - 19%

MISSISSIPPI (Rasmussen): US Senator Roger Wicker (R) - 49%, former Governor Ronnie Musgrove (D) - 47%

TEXAS (Rasmussen): US Senator John Cornyn (R) - 50%, State Representative Rick Noriega (D) - 43%
You know what. I have always wondered if the Ole South could turn blue. I think when the Ole South turns blue, I do believe we will start to see more race healing going on. It is time for us as a country to try to turn the page on racism as it exists in todays form. I think history needs to admit the past mistakes and own up to the ugly past, and see what can be done to help the healing process. There is still too many dirty secrets in the ole south, and I truly believe for the most part the hatred is gone overall except in the Ole South which refuses to admit the past. JMVHO.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #559
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
You know what. I have always wondered if the Ole South could turn blue. I think when the Ole South turns blue, I do believe we will start to see more race healing going on. It is time for us as a country to try to turn the page on racism as it exists in todays form. I think history needs to admit the past mistakes and own up to the ugly past, and see what can be done to help the healing process. There is still too many dirty secrets in the ole south, and I truly believe for the most part the hatred is gone overall except in the Ole South which refuses to admit the past. JMVHO.
I think a large part of it is just... people dying. The people who clung to segregation and racism (and, erm... become committed Republicans as a result) are in their 60s and 70s now, and they're dying.

And come ooooon, Noriega, you can do it. Maybe not, but I can hope!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #560
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
I think a large part of it is just... people dying. The people who clung to segregation and racism (and, erm... become committed Republicans as a result) are in their 60s and 70s now, and they're dying.

And come ooooon, Noriega, you can do it. Maybe not, but I can hope!
And the young generation (mine I'm assuming, I'm 17) is doing away with the racism stuff.