Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #521
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR's 800 word "prequel"
The Story:
The speeding motorcycle took the sharp corner so fast in the darkness that both policemen in the pursuing car shouted,"Whoa!" Sergeant Fisher slammed his large foot on the brake, thinking that the boy who was riding pillion was sure to be flung under his wheels; however, the motorbike made the turn without seating either of its riders, and with a wink of its red tail lights, vanished up the narrow side street.

"We've got 'em now!" cried PC Anderson excitedly. "That's a dead end!"

Leaning hard on the steering wheel and crashing his gears, Fisher scraped half the paint off the flank of the car as he forced it up the alleyway in pursuit.

There in the headlights sat their quarry, stationary at last after a quarter of an hour's chase. The two riders were trapped between a towering brickwall and the police car, which was now crawling towards them like some growling luminous-eyes predator.

There was so little space betwen the car doors and the walls of the alley that Fisher and Anderson had difficulty extricating themselves from the vehicle. It injured their dignity to have to inch,crab-like,towards the miscreants. Fisher dragged his generous belly along the wall,tearing buttons off his shirt as he went, and finally snapping off the wing mirror with his backside.

"Get off the bike!" he bellowed at the smirking youths, who sat basking in the flashing blue light as though enjoying it.

They did as they were told, finally pulling free from the broken wing mirror, Fisher glared at them. They seemed to be in their late teens. The one who had been driving had long black hair, his insolent good looks reminded Fisher unpleasantly of his daughter's guitar-playing, layabout boyfriend. The second boy also had black hair, though his was short and stuck up in all directions; he wore glasses and a broad grin. Both were dressed in t-shirts emblazoned with a large golden bird; the emblem, no doubt, of some deafening, timeless rock band.

"No helmet!" Fisher yelled, pointing from one uncovered head to the other. "Exceeding the speed limit by-by a considerable amount!" (In fact, the speed registered had been greater than Fisher was prepared to accept that any motocycle could travel.) "Failure to stop for the police!"

"We'd have loved to stop for a chat," said the boy in glasses,"only we were trying--"

"Don't get smart-you two are in a heap of trouble!" snarled Anderson. "Names!"

"Names?" repeated the long-haired driver."Er-Well, let's see. There's Wilberforce...Bathsheba...Elvendork..."

"And what's nice about that one is, you can use it for a boy OR a girl," said the boy in glasses.

"Oh, our names, did you mean?" asked the first, as Anderson spluttered with rage."You should've said! This here is James Potter, and I'm Sirius Black!"

"Things'll be seriously black for you in a minute, you cheek little-"

But neither James nor Sirius was paying attention. They were suddenly as alert as gundogs, staying past Fisher and Anderson, over the roof of the police car, at the dark mouth of the alley. Then, with identical, fluid movemoments, they reached into their back pockets.

For the space of a heartbeat both policemen imagined guns gleaming at them, but a second later they saw that the motocyclists had drawn nothing more than-

"Drumsticks?" jeered Anderson. "Right pair of jokers, aren't you? Right, we're arresting you on a charge of--"

But Anderson never got to name the charge. James and Sirius had shouted something incomprehensible, and the beams from the headlights had moved.

The policemen wheeld around, then staggered backwards. Three men were flying-actually flying- up the alley on broomsticks-and at the same moment,the police car was rearing up on its back wheels.

Fisher's knee bucked; as he sat down hard; Anderson tripped over Fisher's legs and fell on top of him, as flump-bang-crunch- they heard the mean on brooms slam into the suspended car and fall, apparently insensible, to the ground, while broken bits of broomstick clattered down around them.

The motorbike had roared into life again. His mouth hanging open, Fisher mustered the strength to look back at the two teenagers.

"Thanks very much!" called Sirius over the throb of the engine."We owe you one!"

"Yeah, nice meeting you!" said James. "And don't forget: Elvendork! It's unisex!"

There was an earth-shaking crash, and Fisher and Anderson threw their arms around each other in fright; their car had just fallen back to the ground. Now it was the motocycle's turn to rear. Before the policemen's disbelieving eyes, it took off into thin air: James and Sirius zoomed away into the night sky, their tail light twinkling behind them like a vanishing ruby.

From the prequel I am not working on-but that was fun! J.K. Rowling.2008
Sounds fun....

Link

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 06-11-2008 at 10:38 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #522
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

weird...
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #523
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

dammit rowling.

hurry up with that encylopedia!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #524
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
http://mugglenet.com/viewer/?image_l...leusatoday.jpg
Old 07-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #525
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is why I told you to read the books.

So you could share in every one else's pain.

They have a "screen writer"

Why?

Use the book, dammit. HERES YOUR SCREENPLAY
Old 07-03-2008, 09:21 AM   #526
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

you realize, of course, that an 800 page book is a screen play for a 15 hour movie

I am sure YOU wouldn't mind (and probably wouldn't even get up to take a potty break) ... but the studios have had difficulty marketing 15 hour big screen releases...

perhaps a miniseries... ?

edit:: ah, I posted that before reading the link. While making a movie out of a book neccessarily means cutting out some material... they don't really need to exacerbate the situation by ADDING material.

Last edited by mcsluggo; 07-03-2008 at 09:24 AM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:28 AM   #527
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. We can understand the necessary cuts in the film making projects. It's when they start inventing entire scenes that I get a little cranky.

I also don't understand why the movies have to be 2.5 hours or shorter. The theatrical version of Return of the King was 3:20 or something like that, and I'm pretty sure they made a decent amount of money on it.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-03-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #528
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yeah. We can understand the necessary cuts in the film making projects. It's when they start inventing entire scenes that I get a little cranky.

I also don't understand why the movies have to be 2.5 hours or shorter. The theatrical version of Return of the King was 3:20 or something like that, and I'm pretty sure they made a decent amount of money on it.
Becasue their target audience is kids, and kids don't sit still for 3 hour movies.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 07-03-2008 at 10:32 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #529
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

What about me? I'm a big kid, and I'll sit still forever

Seriously though....DH should not resemble anything close to a kids movie.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #530
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:
What about me? I'm a big kid, and I'll sit still forever

Seriously though....DH should not resemble anything close to a kids movie.
yeah, I'd love for that one to be LOTR ROTK type-epic. I mean, it has some serious potential. I dont expect it to win any AAs unless the kids go through some serious acting progression, but a good director might be able to pull it off.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 AM   #531
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

There is a rumor floating around that the 2 DH moves will be split on the return of Ron ("The Silver Doe") and presumably the destruction of the locket.

This would actually be a couple of chapters earlier than I would do it. I thought the capture of the trio by the snatchers right before "Malfoy Manner" would be an ideal point at which to end the first movie.

This rumor suggests more of a resolution to the first half, rather than a cliff hanger. I would end it on a cliff hanger if it were me.

I guess this would allow the 2nd movie to build a little before the intense "malfoy manner" scenes. I say screw that. Start the 2nd one off with a bang.

It will continue to drive me nuts all the way through the summer of 2011 that they still think they are making these movies for anyone other than the hard core HP nerd. Screw the idiot muggles who haven't read the book. Save your precious screen time for as much of the final sequences as you can, Warner Brothers, you dolts. At this point, the dang things are going to net a billion world wide each no matter what you do.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 07-09-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:23 AM   #532
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is a rumor floating around that the 2 DH moves will be split on the return of Ron ("The Silver Doe") and presumably the destruction of the locket.

This would actually be a couple of chapters earlier than I would do it. I thought the capture of the trio by the snatchers right before "Malfoy Manner" would be an ideal point at which to end the first movie.

This rumor suggests more of a resolution to the first half, rather than a cliff hanger. I would end it on a cliff hanger if it were me.

I guess this would allow the 2nd movie to build a little before the intense "malfoy manner" scenes. I say screw that. Start the 2nd one off with a bang.
couldn't agree more.....

.....with your mama.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 07-09-2008 at 12:24 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #533
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

anyone going here when it opens?

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

the "hogwarts castle" & "hogsmeade" drawings when you click on the bottom..look pretty crazy nice..
Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 PM   #534
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
anyone going here when it opens?

http://www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter/

the "hogwarts castle" & "hogsmeade" drawings when you click on the bottom..look pretty crazy nice..
Damn I need to have some kids so I have an excuse to go
Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #535
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Teaser trailer tonight at 8:00pm CST....on aol I think.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #536
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

any word on if they are going to hint at Dumbledore's sexuality in the upcoming movies?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #537
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

None that I know of, and personally, I severely doubt it.

It wasn't in the books. If they did it would be some cutesy Hollywood liberal crap and I wouldn't care for it at all.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #538
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
If they did it would be some cutesy Hollywood liberal crap.
and that would surprise you, why?

Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #539
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Only because the franchise started off as a "childrens movie" franchise (even though I hope that's not where it will end up, given the subject matter in the last 2 books)

I guess I wouldn't be surprised, just disappointed.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #540
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
I guess I wouldn't be surprised, just disappointed.
gotcha

Old 07-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #541
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

$5 vcash says Mr. T does a Snickers placement ad cameo in the next movie.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #542
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Teaser trailer tonight at 8:00pm CST....on aol I think.
must post link

Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #543
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
None that I know of, and personally, I severely doubt it.

It wasn't in the books. If they did it would be some cutesy Hollywood liberal crap and I wouldn't care for it at all.
I would groan .. if during the flashbacks of Grindelwald & Dumbledore..it shows them getting "too friendly"
Old 07-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #544
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
I would groan .. if during the flashbacks of Grindelwald & Dumbledore..it shows them getting "too friendly"
the most we would get is flashing glances back and forth...but even that wouldn't be all that hot with me.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #545
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Dumbledore was CLEARLY gay in the last book though..... "His ideas ENFLAMED me"...... I mean, hello? Who uses that word that is straight?[/homophobia]

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 07-29-2008 at 05:06 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #546
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

90 minutes early....

Half Blood Prince trailer

I think the wait was almost worth it....
Old 07-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #547
sike
The Preacha

praise U2!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #548
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

That scene was exactly how I imagined it, down to the layout of the room.

I'll be in Scotland for the premiere of this one. Hopefully I'll be able to make friends at Edinburgh so I can see it with someone.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #549
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I like it.

All the dialogue in the trailer is almost word for word from the book. I like that.

We need a full trailer.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:54 PM   #550
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

awesomeness
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #551
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I like it.

All the dialogue in the trailer is almost word for word from the book. I like that.

We need a full trailer.
Except for the context that the "most important" memory line was put in. Because that wasn't the most important that Dumbledore spoke of they show.

I assume that was an editing trick.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:09 PM   #552
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see young Voldemort smirk when he saw the fire that Albus conjured up?

Subtle, but genius.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #553
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Except for the context that the "most important" memory line was put in. Because that wasn't the most important that Dumbledore spoke of they show.

Had to have been.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #554
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:

Yeah not that...but everything mini voly said, and what dumbledore and harry said afterward.

There was a sequence in there of someone running through fields of grain or something? what was that?

I wonder how many pensieve scenes they actually filmed. I bet they left a few out. The fact that Ralph Fiennes isn't in the movie suggests they didn't film the
"Lord Voldemorts Request" scene.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:35 PM   #555
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

They didn't cast any Gaunts.... and no Hepzibah Smith either. Well, not that has been announced anyway.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #556
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
They didn't cast any Gaunts.... and no Hepzibah Smith either. Well, not that has been announced anyway.
Yeah, that is worrisome.

It's downright criminal really. But when you think of how many pivotal scenes in that book involve none of the main characters of the movie franchise, you can see how that is problematic to the studio.

But after having a chance to read book 7 before filming this one, they know how the horcruxes play into things...

I have no idea how they're going to handle it really.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #557
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

It's going to be a 2 1/2 minute conversation between Dumbledore and Harry with no visuals.... I just feel it coming.

I really just don't put stock in the movies anymore after they totally flubbed OOTP (Snape's Worst Memory???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????? IDIOTS, but I digress - and I think I'm beginning to repeat myself and others complaints in this very thread).

That ring of fire that Dumbledore is whipping up to kick Inferi butt looks promising. Please, oh please get the Cave right.....

And the younger Dumbledore looks pretty good. I wonder if Gambon has ever decided to actually read one (preferably all) of the books? If he did, I wonder if he would have felt ashamed at his portrayal in GOF?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #558
sike
The Preacha

Liked the trailer...young Voldy looks creepy....love the sudden stop and look of concern on Dumbledore when Riddle admits to being able to talk to snakes...

Old 07-30-2008, 06:47 AM   #559
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Mugglenet has screen shot by screen shot "walk through" of the trailer here.

Interesting tidbits - It shows Harry running through a field, with Draco(?) watching him? I'm racking my brain but coming up with nothing. Unless, perhaps it's a poor representation of the ROR where he is hiding his book and they put Draco in there too for dramatic effect? Or perhaps it's after Katie gets cursed and he's running to get help? If that's it though, Draco should be in detention with Minerva.

Then there is this picture..... And this is, who? It's not Tonks, is it Ginny? She's in the fields too it appears. Is this part of the fabricated part of the story the producers said they were adding at the Burrow?

And lastly, my heart sank when I saw this picture.... unless he's Marvolo.... but it appears to be Dumbledore putting on the ring. And if that is so, it is going to be tragically depressing. If it's DD it's pre-cursing because both hands are fine.

Although, maybe they don't have his hand dying at all? Look here, where you can clearly see his left hand perfectly fine. Then here in the Cave (that looks fantastic, by the way) the wand is in the right hand... Although in both pictures it could be argued that one of his arms is drooping like it's injured perhaps.... but not consistently. So I don't know..... I think I'm reading too much into it and should just wait for the actual movie.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:48 AM   #560
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

My need for more Potter tempts me to get into the next movie to the level that U2 is, but I can't. It's been proven over and over again that you'll only end up with disappointment.

I enjoyed the teaser trailer. Beyond that I will read nothing about it, go see it when it comes out, be at least mildly disappointed, and discuss at length all of the irritating inaccuracies and fabrications with my wife on the way home.

Bleah.

My one hope is that some time down the road in my life, someone comes along and does this series correctly on the big screen.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumbledore is gay q=(, dumbledore kills snape, failed to cast leviosa, harry chases small balls, my elder wand is magical, snape dapes rumbledore, snape kills dumbledore, voldemort > harry, voldemort is awesome, your mom is awesome