Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #521
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Hope we can make it a double but I really think the loss is good for him - both from a pressure/hype and a examine your game standpoint.

Melo may be back for our game. Think JR Smith is declared out.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #522
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

I was shocked seeing the espn homepage headline "chink in the armor." Maybe I shouldn't have been but it kind of took me off guard.

To update: Espn has sinçe changed the headline to "silver lining" before removing it from the lead story altogether in favor of Dirk and the mavs comeback vs the 76s.

Also, I can't find all the comments for the original lead story. There was a lot of outrage.

Anyhow, sorry to distract from ball. Apparently, this headline was only viewed on espn's mobile site.

Last edited by jleefilled; 02-18-2012 at 03:31 AM.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #523
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! That is a horrible lack of judgment.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #524
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
I was shocked seeing the espn homepage headline "chink in the armor." Maybe I shouldn't have been but it kind of took me off guard.

To update: Espn has sinçe changed the headline to "silver lining" before removing it from the lead story altogether in favor of Dirk and the mavs comeback vs the 76s.

Also, I can't find all the comments for the original lead story. There was a lot of outrage.

Anyhow, sorry to distract from ball. Apparently, this headline was only viewed on espn's mobile site.
http://deadspin.com/5886218/espns-he...-armor-edition
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #525
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a stupid foreigner so could somebody explain to me where the term comes from and why it is used to insult Chinese people?
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #526
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I'm a stupid foreigner so could somebody explain to me where the term comes from and why it is used to insult Chinese people?
Chink in the armor is a phrase used to refer to a weakness. The phrase in and of itself isn't racist by any means.

However, "chink" is a racial slur used against the Chinese/Asians.

Thus using the phrase in relation to Lin can be construed as racist.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #527
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
It's a racial slur that came about during the Korean-American War - it's a conjunction of "Chinese North Korean" that sprung up when the US army pushed the Korean army so far north that the war was being fought in China, against both Chinese and Korean soldiers. The Americans couldn't tell the difference between the two armies and came up with "chink" as a catch-all to describe the people they were shooting at.

(yeah, most racial slurs are pretty weaksauce when you discover their roots...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #528
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #529
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
It's a racial slur that came about during the Korean-American War - it's a conjunction of "Chinese North Korean" that sprung up when the US army pushed the Korean army so far north that the war was being fought in China, against both Chinese and Korean soldiers. The Americans couldn't tell the difference between the two armies and came up with "chink" as a catch-all to describe the people they were shooting at.

(yeah, most racial slurs are pretty weaksauce when you discover their roots...)
Huh... as a Chinese person, I had no idea. Interesting history lesson, I suppose. +1
Old 02-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #530
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Huh... as a Chinese person, I had no idea. Interesting history lesson, I suppose. +1
Ditto. Thanks, UD.

Again, the lesson is to learn is not to expect too much from ESPN. They are from Disney (neverrrrr racist) and target mainstream folks with their content.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #531
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Lin vs. the champs:

28 points, 14 assists, 4 rebounds, 5 steals, 1 block, 7 turnovers

11-20 FG

3-6 3FG

Time to start accepting this is real. He carried the Knicks the whole game.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #532
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

All he does is Lin.......

the myth that he can't shoot is debunked
Old 02-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #533
bigcat

bigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to allbigcat is a name known to all

what impresses me most about lin: he's humble and seems level headed. in the interview right after the game, he gave major pops to novak and jr smith, can described himself as "learning from my mistakes". that attitude is more significant than his stat line.

i am pretty sure lin does not give a rat ass about "making doubters eat crow", but as a lin fan, i am quite happy to see him excelling at things certain people say he's bad at. I think the next thing on his to-improve list: turn overs. (7 to don't look nice. but that is in 46 mins work, and his asst/to rate in the game is higher than both mavs ball handler, especially kidd.
bigcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #534
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #535
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Enjoy!

There should probably be a glass of whine with that.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #536
CadBane
Banned

Lin didn't impress me at all tonight, despite his gaudy stats.

He should have had around 12-15 turnovers, and I'm not even joking. There were at least 6 or 7 times where the Mavs would deflect one of his passes or poke it away from him only for it to magically end up in the hands of a teammate. I also noticed that in the first quarter he got away with some blatant travels. He does a move where he moves with the ball before taking a dribble. It's very unnatural and obvious, so I don't know why it isn't called.

Stern has already realized that Lin is a goldmine and he is getting Superstar calls on both ends of the court. It's ridiculous the calls this kid gets. Several of his "steals" were blatant reach-ins (most notably the one at the end on Dirk). You breathe on him or he gets too pressured, foul.

He hit several BS flukish jumpers tonight as well.

It can be pretty easy to get your assists padded when Steve Novak goes HAM. He played a good game, but I wasn't wowed. Regardless, Stern & the league are going to milk this cash cow for all he's worth, so I guess I'll have to get used to it.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #537
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
what impresses me most about lin: he's humble and seems level headed. in the interview right after the game, he gave major pops to novak and jr smith, can described himself as "learning from my mistakes". that attitude is more significant than his stat line.

i am pretty sure lin does not give a rat ass about "making doubters eat crow", but as a lin fan, i am quite happy to see him excelling at things certain people say he's bad at. I think the next thing on his to-improve list: turn overs. (7 to don't look nice. but that is in 46 mins work, and his asst/to rate in the game is higher than both mavs ball handler, especially kidd.
I haven't found a reason to hate on the guy. I agree that he seems very likable.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #538
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Lin didn't impress me at all tonight, despite his gaudy stats.

He should have had around 12-15 turnovers, and I'm not even joking. There were at least 6 or 7 times where the Mavs would deflect one of his passes or poke it away from him only for it to magically end up in the hands of a teammate. I also noticed that in the first quarter he got away with some blatant travels. He does a move where he moves with the ball before taking a dribble. It's very unnatural and obvious, so I don't know why it isn't called.

Stern has already realized that Lin is a goldmine and he is getting Superstar calls on both ends of the court. It's ridiculous the calls this kid gets. Several of his "steals" were blatant reach-ins (most notably the one at the end on Dirk). You breathe on him or he gets too pressured, foul.

He hit several BS flukish jumpers tonight as well.

It can be pretty easy to get your assists padded when Steve Novak goes HAM. He played a good game, but I wasn't wowed. Regardless, Stern & the league are going to milk this cash cow for all he's worth, so I guess I'll have to get used to it.
Don't you have some medicine that needs taking?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #539
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

CadBane is just a hater. Still think Lin is a decent rotational player perhaps?

Per CadBane, his turnovers should've been higher, his assists were lucky, his steals were lucky and his jumpers were BS. Apparently, this whole game was just bad luck and not impressive at all despite somehow having played a "good game".

Lin keeps shooting the jumpers and has been decent at making at them. He has some misses because he has to take the shot at the end of the clock but all in all, it's not the weakness you tried to make it out to be earlier ("very poor").

His turnovers remain a problem individually but work in the team context (45 minutes, 95% of the ball handling and given usage, etc). His per minute turnovers were lower than Kidd's for example.

It's just hilarious. Anybody with an basketball eye sees a very good young player who is improving and has potential to be great. CadBane sees a lucky should-be-backup who just has "good games".

Last edited by rabbitproof; 02-19-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #540
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post

Per CadBane, his turnovers should've been higher, his assists were lucky, his steals were lucky and his jumpers were BS. Apparently, this whole game was just bad luck and not impressive at all despite somehow having played a "good game".

Lin keeps shooting the jumpers and has been decent at making at them. He has some misses because he has to take the shot at the end of the clock but all in all, it's not the weakness you tried to make it out to be earlier ("very poor").

His turnovers remain a problem individually but work in the team context (45 minutes, 95% of the ball handling and given usage, etc). His per minute turnovers were lower than Kidd's for example.

It's just hilarious. Anybody with an basketball eye sees a very good young player who is improving and has potential to be great. CadBane sees a lucky should-be-backup who just has "good games".
Nice Straw-Man, dumbass.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #541
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I know the move cad is talking about, where Lin seems to move before dribbling. It looked funny to me so I replayed of bunch of them when i noticed them. Believe it or not, he actually did keep his pivot foot (at least on the ones i replayed). It just looks funny because his upper body is moving quite a bit.

He still goes into the air WAY too much. That's going to burn him in the long run, but it's something that can be changed. NBA vet guards (like Nash and Kidd) are great and driving, and then keeping their dribble alive if nothing is there. This kid is basically a rookie (he may still be classified as one, not sure).

All that being said - Cad, you're insane to call all of this luck. Did novak getting hot help his assist numbers? It maybe added one or 2. But an assist is an assist - Nash, Kidd, Rondo, Paul, etc all get assists like that, too.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #542
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

CadBane is setting himself up for the moment Lin hits the rookie/sophomore wall, so he can say "I told you so!" Brilliant. Keep on waiting.

At some point everyone who follows basketball should be able to see the talent and the greatness of what Lin has done over the last two weeks.

I wonder how much Lin's amazing confidence has to do with D'Antoni's approach of keep him playing despite the tons of turnovers he commits and how much this approach could have helped the development of Devin Harris and Roddy.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #543
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, he passes the eye test. Idk how great he can be but I have long believed he had what it takes to be a starter. Kinda sucks that he tore us up so bad and our best defender couldn't deal with him.

Where is Jthig? Haven't seen him in here in a while.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #544
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Dude, you know you posted he's a rotational player and has a very poor jump shot.

Just give it up. You misread his ability and skills.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #545
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
I wonder how much Lin's amazing confidence has to do with D'Antoni's approach of keep him playing despite the tons of turnovers he commits and how much this approach could have helped the development of Devin Harris and Roddy.
Great point (I think it has been mentioned in this thread already, but it's worth repeating). It is much easier to play without having to look over your shoulder at the bench every time you make a mistake.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #546
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

In jthig's defense, I don't think he ever said Lin was garbage, just that summer league isn't a great talent-evaluator. Lots of people tear it up in summer league.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #547
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
I know the move cad is talking about, where Lin seems to move before dribbling. It looked funny to me so I replayed of bunch of them when i noticed them. Believe it or not, he actually did keep his pivot foot (at least on the ones i replayed). It just looks funny because his upper body is moving quite a bit.

He still goes into the air WAY too much. That's going to burn him in the long run, but it's something that can be changed. NBA vet guards (like Nash and Kidd) are great and driving, and then keeping their dribble alive if nothing is there. This kid is basically a rookie (he may still be classified as one, not sure).

All that being said - Cad, you're insane to call all of this luck. Did novak getting hot help his assist numbers? It maybe added one or 2. But an assist is an assist - Nash, Kidd, Rondo, Paul, etc all get assists like that, too.
It would be insane to call all of it luck....

Good thing I never did that.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #548
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Jason Kidd sees a little Nash in Lin.

Echoing Magic.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #549
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Dude, you know you posted he's a rotational player and has a very poor jump shot.

Just give it up. You misread his ability and skills.
How?

I maintain my stance.

1. Lin IS a poor jump shooter.

2. It remains to be seen what his future in the NBA will be. He's had an amazing run this year. Sometimes things change fast in this league. I said I thought he would be a good back-up. That hasn't been proven false. You can't just isolate a two, three week stretch and say "That's it! It's done. He's a star."

Give up your pathetic straw-man arguing.

Last edited by CadBane; 02-19-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #550
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Jason Kidd sees a little Nash in Lin.

Echoing Magic.
And said Bargnani that he could be better than he is.

People say shit to be nice. Not saying Kidd didn't mean it, but Nash and Lin's games aren't all that similar.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #551
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Lucky assists, lucky not to have turnovers, lucky (flukish) jumpers, lucky to not have travels called, lucky to get away with strips on defense... yada yada yada.

I substituted the word lucky - but your post is very obviously stating all of that.

So the only facet of his game that wasn't luck was tying his shoelaces correctly?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #552
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

We'll see on the jumpshot thing. I think he will net out around the NBA average (35%).

As for projecting, nobody knows the future but you're the only one who proclaimed the following.. let us know if you would like to stick to that stance:

Quote:

Like I said, I can see him as a backup PG at best. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #553
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelli View Post
CadBane is setting himself up for the moment Lin hits the rookie/sophomore wall, so he can say "I told you so!" Brilliant. Keep on waiting.

At some point everyone who follows basketball should be able to see the talent and the greatness of what Lin has done over the last two weeks.

I love how people keep misinterpreting my stance. Lin could have 10+ turnovers and 0 points in his next 10 games. My stance won't change. I think he's a good NBA back-up.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #554
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
We'll see on the jumpshot thing. I think he will net out around the NBA average (35%).

As for projecting, nobody knows the future but you're the only one who proclaimed the following.. let us know if you would like to stick to that stance:
Yes, I maintain that. Always have.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #555
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lucky assists, lucky not to have turnovers, lucky (flukish) jumpers, lucky to not have travels called, lucky to get away with strips on defense... yada yada yada.

I substituted the word lucky - but your post is very obviously stating all of that.

So the only facet of his game that wasn't luck was tying his shoelaces correctly?
Thanks for confirming that I am not made of straw, BBL.

CB, maybe you don't mean to but your post came off as he was lucky in basically all the major facets of the game.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #556
CadBane
Banned

Quote:

He WAS lucky to not have more turnovers. That's just a fact. Maybe you think Lin can hit cross-over, step back threes regularly?

Those were the only two things I said were lucky.

I never said his assists were lucky, just that he benefited from some of their shooters catching fire. He made some nice passes.

But hey, don't let rationality get in the way of putting words in my mouth.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #557
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yes, I maintain that. Always have.
So what do you mean by that? How do you prove your opinion is right? For example, he won't start in over half of the games he plays in (assuming healthy, etc)? You're wrong as hell so far but I mean, for the future...

Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #558
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

CB is pretty much the worst scout you could ever imagine. And very, very self-delusional.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #559
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

OK dude. Whatever. Saying a guy got padded assists cause his teammates were on fire is indeed the equivalent of calling said guy "lucky". You are the king of semantics.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-19-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #560
CadBane
Banned

Quote:
So what do you mean by that? How do you prove your opinion is right? For example, he won't start in over half of the games he plays in (assuming healthy, etc)? You're wrong as hell so far but I mean, for the future...
I'm not wrong, you dumb fuck. You can't be wrong about a player's FUTURE in the NBA at this juncture.

Christ, you just aren't very bright, are you?

Well, lets see. If in the next 5 years, he spends most of his time coming off of the bench, or starting and putting up below average numbers, I'll say that I'm right.

Right now he is putting up great numbers. We're not talking about right now.

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 41mvp=funny bunny, bancad, ben&jerry's, cad vs chum, cadbane is always right, cadchokesondick, cadeatsshitcereal, cadhatesasians, cadreadsusatoday, chumbusey=oxygenthief, faking objectivity, getbackinthekitchenmary, getbackonyourkneescad, jeremy lin, jthig farted, lin = goat, lin-1 cadbane-0, mavsfanuofvagina, objectivehaterinhere, racism, return of the quack!, slow to admit, stuckonstupid, too many tags