Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will we make a deadline trade?
No 73 41.24%
Yes, for Kevin Martin 11 6.21%
Yes, for Iggy 22 12.43%
Yes, for Stephen Jackson 12 6.78%
Yes, for Crash 1 0.56%
Yes, for a backup 4 3 1.69%
Yes, for a backup PG 4 2.26%
Yes, for Lebron 20 11.30%
Yes, for more than one player above 4 2.26%
Yes, for other player(s) 27 15.25%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #521
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I dont trust you because there is no way you could have considered every variable, and the very fact that there has been such an enormous roster turnover is reason to question your idea at all. Teams take time to gel-- and not just 20-30 games.

There isnt a way you can say that Terry is the reason we've sucked when a) Terry was there for the finals run and b) you can't isolate variables

Let me reiterate the argument:

1) If team a team with players D and J goes to the finals one year
2) The next few years the team with players D and J do terribly
3) We can't question player D

but all that argument proves (even without all the other variables that are dropped out of the equation) is that at worst, player J had no effect, and at best the combination of D/J is necessary but not sufficient for success.

Its a 5-man game and although Terry's shooting often drops off in the playoffs, there are few people who actually pick up their FG% in the playoffs and even fewer 6th men (Dirk is one that does improve his numbers). You trade Terry for Jackson and its much much much more lateral than you would have us believe and it'd cost the team chemistry, leadership, and punchy scoring in the clutch for an overrated SF that is a downgrade on Butler in almost every way.
Never said I had considered EVERY variable, just the one's you thought that I hadn't. And no, Terry is not the REASON we've sucked, but our DEPENDENCE on him in the playoffs IS the reason we've sucked. I will not deny that he is an integral leader on this team. However, in order to be successful we have to rely on him less on the court. Terry is best as a 3rd, maybe even 4th option. That was the point I was trying to get across, although I'm still not completely against trading him. In my opinion, Terry is a nice commodity at this point, but not a necessary one to win a championship.

We'll see what the front office decides to do about everything, but I really think we need a player at either the 2 or 3 that can score at will, via either penetration or the jumper. In addition, we need more depth at PG, and more depth at the 4. I think we are one major piece, and possibly 1 minor piece to add in order to be a true contender, which is where I thought we were before the season started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #522
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mavericks Exceptions

Trade exceptions
4.3mil from Carroll (expires 7/13/11)
3.0mil from Nakera (expires 7/13/11)
3.9mil from Hump (expires 1/11/11-- today)

signing exceptions
5.77mil from the MLE
What about Q. Ross $1,033,342

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-11-2011 at 04:31 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #523
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
No offense but I'm not trying to help your argument or hurt anyone else's argument. Just saying... Dude is just not reliable.
I meant thanks for the analogy and laugh. Haven't heard that one before. I couldn't care less whose side you are on.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #524
Funkman

Funkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to allFunkman is a name known to all

Not sure just how cheap Mayo would be. Grizz traded Kevin Love to get him. And even if he isn't in good standing up there right now. I think Memphis is going to want more than a bag of beans for him. But I will admit, he is intriguing for the right price.
Funkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #525
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

EricaLubarsky, I edited my last post...I think they do have the Ross exception too.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #526
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
Never said I had considered EVERY variable, just the one's you thought that I hadn't. And no, Terry is not the REASON we've sucked, but our DEPENDENCE on him in the playoffs IS the reason we've suckedI will not deny that he is an integral leader on this team. However, in order to be successful we have to rely on him less on the court. Terry is best as a 3rd, maybe even 4th option.
then we agree completely. Terry is valuable to this team when he's limited to what he does well and he does a few things well that we need. He's a mature, passionate leader. He can spread the floor and make teams gamble about whether they want to double Dirk. He can occasionally but not terribly consistently put up 20+ pt games. Good teams need that and we need Terry here. We tried having him as the 2nd scorer and he just can't be that, but when put in the position to be the 3rd or 4th man, he's incredibly effective. When Butler got going this year, we were the perfect team that balanced creators/scorers with shooters.

[quote]That was the point I was trying to get across, although I'm still not completely against trading him. In my opinion, Terry is a nice commodity at this point, but not a necessary one to win a championship. [.quote]

I think Terry is a lot more valuable than people think to both how well the team runs on the floor and the chemistry they have off the floor. While he may not seem important with stats, trading him would be an enormous mistake because we'd get almost nothing in return and this team would be set back months in terms of chemistry.

Quote:
We'll see what the front office decides to do about everything, but I really think we need a player at either the 2 or 3 that can score at will, via either penetration or the jumper.
Exactly what I've been advocating.

Quote:
In addition, we need more depth at PG
Agreed, we could use a nice backup to take minutes from JJB and we will need a starter there by next season. Of the needs before the playoffs, I'd put it at the bottom of the stack though.

Quote:
and more depth at the 4.
No! We have Dirk, Marion, Cardinal and Mahinmi. That may be the deepest position that any team has at any position. The 4/5 is set. Without Dirk we are a little shallow at the 4 talentwise but without Dirk we also arent a playoff team.

Quote:
I think we are one major piece, and possibly 1 minor piece to add in order to be a true contender, which is where I thought we were before the season started.
I agree with you that we need 1 major piece to be a contender for rings, but not before Butler's injury. In my opinion we were contending for #1 in the league while healthy and could have won a championship with that team. With Butler down, I put us in the second tier of 3-6 seeded teams that aren't contending to go far in the playoffs. One careful move that nets us a starting-caliber 2/3 that fits into our system and doesn't interrupt our chemistry is all we need to return to where we were. If we get an ill-fitting piece, mix up our chemistry too much or trade away too much of our core, it could actually hurt our chances of success this year, which is why I think Terry is in the almost untouchable category. He has very little trade value compared to what he provides us, and he's extremely central to the chemistry of the cohesive team we built before Butler and Dirk went down. He isnt a valuable asset to other teams and trading him away could hurt our chances of success this year more than any benefit we'd get from trading him.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-11-2011 at 04:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #527
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
EricaLubarsky, I edited my last post...I think they do have the Ross exception too.
yeah I think we still have that one until 2/14/11. Ill update the list, although it is not a terribly powerful trade chip
Old 01-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #528
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Mavericks Exceptions

Trade exceptions (not combinable)
3.9mil from Hump (expires 1/11/11-- today)
4.3mil from Carroll (expires 7/13/11)
3.0mil from Nakera (expires 7/13/11)
1.0mil from Ross (expires 2/14/11)

signing exceptions (only for signing players)
5.77mil from the MLE
Old 01-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #529
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
yeah I think we still have that one until 2/14/11. Ill update the list, although it is not a terribly powerful trade chip
every penny can help...they can throw multiple exceptions at a team, just not in the same deal so an additional piece can help.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-11-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #530
Montenegro

Montenegro is on a distinguished road

[Comment From Ivan from Montenegro] -That's me.
Do you think we'll make a major trade before the deadline?

Sefko: Don't think there's going to be a major one to be had. But with these guys, you never know. I'd like to think a support player who might be available with the Mavericks' $4.3-million exception would be the most likely scenario. But they've surprised all of us before.
It won't be Carmelo Anthony and I'm not getting any strong indications from people in the organization that Andre Iguodala is a prime target. Not with his salary for the next three years.
If some teams get really desperate to unload long-term players in a month, rest assured the Mavericks will be in the mix. But I just think this has to be a year when they stay put.
Montenegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #531
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

speaking of pieces, do you know what picks we still have, BG? I've been looking at it but its hard to keep track. I'd love to put together a targets/assets thread here on DM.com
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #532
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=EricaLubarsky;1145498]then we agree completely. Terry is valuable to this team when he's limited to what he does well and he does a few things well that we need. He's a mature, passionate leader. He can spread the floor and make teams gamble about whether they want to double Dirk. He can occasionally but not terribly consistently put up 20+ pt games. Good teams need that and we need Terry here. We tried having him as the 2nd scorer and he just can't be that, but when put in the position to be the 3rd or 4th man, he's incredibly effective. When Butler got going this year, we were the perfect team that balanced creators/scorers with shooters.

Quote:
That was the point I was trying to get across, although I'm still not completely against trading him. In my opinion, Terry is a nice commodity at this point, but not a necessary one to win a championship. [.quote]

I think Terry is a lot more valuable than people think to both how well the team runs on the floor and the chemistry they have off the floor. While he may not seem important with stats, trading him would be an enormous mistake because we'd get almost nothing in return and this team would be set back months in terms of chemistry.

Exactly what I've been advocating.

Agreed, we could use a nice backup to take minutes from JJB and we will need a starter there by next season. Of the needs before the playoffs, I'd put it at the bottom of the stack though.

No! We have Dirk, Marion, Cardinal and Mahinmi. That may be the deepest position that any team has at any position. The 4/5 is set. Without Dirk we are a little shallow at the 4 talentwise but without Dirk we also arent a playoff team.

I agree with you that we need 1 major piece to be a contender for rings, but not before Butler's injury. In my opinion we were contending for #1 in the league while healthy and could have won a championship with that team. With Butler down, I put us in the second tier of 3-6 seeded teams that aren't contending to go far in the playoffs. One careful move that nets us a starting-caliber 2/3 that fits into our system and doesn't interrupt our chemistry is all we need to return to where we were. If we get an ill-fitting piece, mix up our chemistry too much or trade away too much of our core, it could actually hurt our chances of success this year, which is why I think Terry is in the almost untouchable category. He has very little trade value compared to what he provides us, and he's extremely central to the chemistry of the cohesive team we built before Butler and Dirk went down. He isnt a valuable asset to other teams and trading him away could hurt our chances of success this year more than any benefit we'd get from trading him.
Sorry, I got distracted on my last statement about where were were at the beginning of the season and where we are now. I meant I think we're one major and 1 minor piece away from being a championship contender, whereas at the beginning of the season I thought we were ready to contend, but could use some depth at PG.

As far as depth at the 4 goes. I really am not a fan of Cardinal in big games. He's basically another Najera, with a better shot and worse defense. As far as Marion goes, I would like to really limit his minutes at the 4. I prefer to have a guy close to 7 feet to defend the 4, if for nothing else than being able to defend the bigger 4's in the post, in addition to extra length always helps in the rebounding department. Granted, Marion is an excellent rebounder, but I think that we could do better in the rebounding department with a larger backup 4. Personally, I would love to get a guy like Nene who could play both the 4 and 5 effectively. If we could trade Haywood + scrubs to get Nene, I think the Mavs would take care of the depth at the 4, while still retaining their depth at the 5.

As of now, I really think the Mavs should pounce on the opportunity to pick up DH on the cheap. He's still young, he plays great D, and brings a very different style to the offense then does Kidd. In all honesty, I kinda see DH as a far superior, big boy version of JJB. If we could pick up DH without giving up Roddy or any of the key members of the roster I think we should jump on it.

Secondly, I would be happy if the Mavs could pick up Martin/AI/S-Jax/Crash or any of the guys in that tier of players. If we could make these two moves, and maybe add a larger backup 4 I think the Mavs would be my obvious favorite to make it back to the finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #533
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
speaking of pieces, do you know what picks we still have, BG? I've been looking at it but its hard to keep track. I'd love to put together a targets/assets thread here on DM.com
I've been working on a massive 2-part trade piece that is going up on MMB this week. I just got done looking around the league and just finished the exceptions angle...haven't started looking at the picks angle yet.

I haven't seen stuff yet on future 1sts owed to other teams, so I think they're in the clear.
Conditionally, they have a second rounder due to them owned by Minnesota for 2012.
Conditionally, they have a second rounder due to them owned by Toronto for 2013.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-11-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #534
BGMaverick9
Guru

This is what I've gathered, feel free to add more

-The exceptions EricaLubarsky listed
-Non-consecutive first round picks for the next seven years
-Cash considerations limited to $3 million
Old 01-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #535
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
This is what I've gathered, feel free to add more

-The exceptions EricaLubarsky listed
-Non-consecutive first round picks for the next seven years
-Cash considerations limited to $3 million
Yea, we haven't "mortgaged" the future since the Kidd deal, that has been paid in full with last draft's 1st.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 PM   #536
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

no
mav4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #537
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav4ever View Post
no
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #538
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

What about Gomes with the 4.1 Million TE?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 AM   #539
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
What about Gomes with the 4.1 Million TE?
that may be worst-case scenario. Gomes is all right, but hopefully the aim is for something better.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:50 AM   #540
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Some other guys making in that range on non contenders

Brandon Wright
Tony Allen
Luke Ridnour
Old 01-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #541
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some other guys making in that range on non contenders

Brandon Wright
Tony Allen
Luke Ridnour
I've always wondered why we didn't get Ridnour.

He would be a solid backup PG behind Kidd.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 01-12-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #542
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I've always wondered why we didn't get Ridnour.

He would be a solid backup PG behind Kidd.
Carlisle loves JJB too much to make that move.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #543
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

You think JJB looks bad, wait until you see Ridnour without Dirk and Caron. Not having those key guys makes everyone else aside from De3 look really average at best.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #544
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
You think JJB looks bad, wait until you see Ridnour without Dirk and Caron. Not having those key guys makes everyone else aside from De3 look really average at best.
JJB has been bad all season so I am not sure why him being without Dirk and Caron have to do with anything
Old 01-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #545
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
JJB has been bad all season so I am not sure why him being without Dirk and Caron have to do with anything
Are you serious?

Old 01-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #546
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

I'll throw out another name.

Steve Nash.

Phoenix is going nowhere and I think we could pry him away if he knew we were interested.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #547
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post
I'll throw out another name.

Steve Nash.

Phoenix is going nowhere and I think we could pry him away if he knew we were interested.
Did you listen to Ben and Skin today because that's who Skin threw out today.

It's part of the MMB breakdown that's broken up into two parts that will start to come out tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #548
CATCH-17

Quote:
Did you listen to Ben and Skin today because that's who Skin threw out today.

It's part of the MMB breakdown that's broken up into two parts that will start to come out tomorrow.
No I didnt but I just figure he would want to go to a Dallas, Miami, or New York if he could.

What's an MMB report?
Old 01-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #549
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
No I didnt but I just figure he would want to go to a Dallas, Miami, or New York if he could.

What's an MMB report?
it's just the site I write for, Mavs Moneyball

Nash is more likely to go to NY or Dallas before Miami.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 01-12-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #550
CATCH-17

Quote:
it's just the site I write for, Mavs Moneyball

Nash is more likely to go to NY or Dallas before Miami.

Would you trade JET and Caron for Nash?

We could possibly get Caron back too keep in mind. I would imagine Roddy will make us forget JET soon too.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #551
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:

We could possibly get Caron back too keep in mind. I would imagine Roddy will make us forget JET soon too.
It really doesn't matter what the Mavs offer at this point, the Suns will not accept offers. The only way they will open the Nash-Market is if Nash says he wants out.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #552
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Caron-Nash works straight up. It's a money deal for PHX. They love saving their cash. Send them a 2nd rounder and cash to seal the deal. I can't see them wanting Jets' contract.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #553
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Are you serious?
Yes he had a really good 2 week stretch but other than that he has been awful

Last edited by mavs777; 01-12-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #554
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Nash can't play defense.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #555
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

don't we have a whole forum designed exactly for the fantasy trade speculation that this thread has become?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #556
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you serious?
Apparently SMC is under the impression that a PG shooting 39% from the field, 20% from three averaging 1.5 turnovers per game with a -12.2 on/off court is a good player.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #557
SMC0007
Guru

ugh..

Old 01-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #558
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ugh..
Cogent retort, as always.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #559
Luc

Luc is on a distinguished road

Some of this trades in this thread are unbelievable.

Let's do this one
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=47mo46t

They get an experienced center blablabla
Luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #560
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I like you Cad!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Apparently SMC is under the impression that a PG shooting 39% from the field, 20% from three averaging 1.5 turnovers per game with a -12.2 on/off court is a good player.
Quote:
ugh..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Cogent retort, as always.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flushbane, i hate dumars, return of the quack!, strike 17 for cadban?, thanks mods! more cadban!