Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-31-2009, 05:34 PM   #5721
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

My read on Donnie's comments in the most recent db.com story is that the Mavs feel they've done enough at this point to give themselves a chance, and aren't in a hurry to do more until they've seen how the moves they've made so far work out. I think that's pretty reasonable.

On the other hand, I don't think they'd turn down something they perceived as a really good deal, even if they did have to take back a "major-impactful" guy to get it done.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2009, 05:51 PM   #5722
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I think that we can't forget the fact that he also said that he'd be making some adjustments with the roster.. Not to mention that we have too many people on the roster to enter a season. Or that a chunk of them are expiring contracts after this season. Or that we still need an impact 5 if they plan to make the best of the summer of 2010. Or that nothing can be done for a good while and it would make no sense to get people's hopes up for something that won't happen for over a month.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #5723
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
My read on Donnie's comments in the most recent db.com story is that the Mavs feel they've done enough at this point to give themselves a chance, and aren't in a hurry to do more until they've seen how the moves they've made so far work out. I think that's pretty reasonable.

On the other hand, I don't think they'd turn down something they perceived as a really good deal, even if they did have to take back a "major-impactful" guy to get it done.
I think that's a fair assessment. I don't think Donnie and Cubes are calling it quits and leaving the team as is, not yet, but if they cannot find another good trade, then they are content to take this team and see what they can do, without anymore additions. Likely (and hopefully) they still are talking to various teams about various players, but they are looking for bargains, not blockbusters. Cuban does not want to screw up the teams chemistry or anything by trading away a key part, such as Josh Howard or Jason Terry, unless it is a move that very obviously will improve this team.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #5724
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

There are several players at the bottom of the roster including Buckner that can't be packaged in a trade with other players yet.

Donnie could just be biding his time.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:42 PM   #5725
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Think of it like this Donnie is sitting at a poker table and doesn't want to show his hand yet.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #5726
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

I think Donnie is just saying stuff to make us all sweat....the one thing you never do is let your opponent know what your gonna do next or what players your gonne go after because another team could jump in and offer better players, I think this team is a Joe Johnson away from being real contenders in the west.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #5727
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I think Donnie is just saying stuff to make us all sweat....the one thing you never do is let your opponent know what your gonna do next or what players your gonne go after because another team could jump in and offer better players, I think this team is a Joe Johnson away from being real contenders in the west.
With Joe Johnson will we contend for the tittle!
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:12 PM   #5728
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
With Joe Johnson will we contend for the tittle!
Okafor would have been enough
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:13 PM   #5729
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I wonder if there is any chance the Hawks would deal Johnson.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:21 PM   #5730
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Please, the Hawks are a team on the rise and probably just a few pieces away from entering that Orlando-Cleveland-Boston circle. There's no way the Hawks get rid of Joe Johnson this summer, especially considering it's his last year. If financial relief is really what they're after, they'll have it soon enough, but I'm not convinced that's the case.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:00 PM   #5731
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Is the dust chip even logical for a team to do? I mean let's say Joe Johnson decides he doesnt want to stay with the Hawks. Let's say he comes to us since we can give him the most money via trade. What would be the difference in them letting him walk vs taking on Damp's contract and waiving Damp?

I'd just like to understand how it benefits the opposing team that's all (not neccessarily questioning it more like maybe I don't understand it) if someone could explain.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-31-2009 at 09:03 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #5732
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Is the dust chip even logical for a team to do? I mean let's say Joe Johnson decides he doesnt want to stay with the Hawks. Let's say he comes to us since we can give him the most money via trade. What would be the difference in them letting him walk vs taking on an expiring contract?

I'd just like to understand how it benefits the opposing team that's all (not neccessarily questioning it more like maybe I don't understand it) if someone could explain.
By itself it doesn't benefit the other team in a S&T. It's whatever else gets paired up with it that provides the incentive.

If the player's already under contract, then it benefits the other team directly by allowing them to instantly shave payroll. See, for example, the Richard Jefferson trade in which SA sent some not-fully-guaranteed deals to Milwaukee.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:57 PM   #5733
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Is the dust chip even logical for a team to do? I mean let's say Joe Johnson decides he doesnt want to stay with the Hawks. Let's say he comes to us since we can give him the most money via trade. What would be the difference in them letting him walk vs taking on Damp's contract and waiving Damp?

Pretty much what GMC said. The only downside of having the DUST chip as opposed to actual cap space is that we do actually have to provide other incentives.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:11 PM   #5734
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Is there any interest in Kenyon Dooling from the Nets? With them getting Alston and Lee in the VC trade. Also drafting Terence Williams to go along with Harris and Douglas-Roberts. They are pretty stacked at the guard position. He is going to take 3rd string to Harris and Alston. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked to be traded. Just wanted to see what you guys think of him over Barea.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=lhs7hr

This doesn't have to be the deal. I just thought it was interesting.

Last edited by RoddyB#3; 07-31-2009 at 10:16 PM.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #5735
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I kind of have a feeling Barea may be the MBT's next Josh when it comes to them being unwilling to do a trade with him. Now depending on Beaubois' progress that would have to change.

I don't really see them making a move for someone like Dooling or Sessions at all. Like they've said recently they think they're set at the 1-4 positions, only admitting things are not perfect at the 5.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-31-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:28 PM   #5736
RoddyB#3

RoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really niceRoddyB#3 is just really nice

Quote:
I kind of have a feeling Barea may be the MBT's next Josh when it comes to them being unwilling to do a trade with him. Now depending on Beaubois' progress that would have to change.

I don't really see them making a move for someone like Dooling or Sessions at all. Like they've said recently they think they're set at the 1-4 positions, only admitting things are not perfect at the 5.
I think your right. Which is to bad seeing as I think Dooling is the better player and would be easy to get. He seems like a much better fit for us than Barea.
RoddyB#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:27 PM   #5737
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Kaman is coming here. We have just the right amount of expirings to make it work. Atleast that's what I'm trying to convince myself of.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #5738
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...0930106&ref=ts
Old 07-31-2009, 11:47 PM   #5739
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

I think I'm actually ok with Barea staying here, if Roddy is as good as we all hope at least. You don't want someone so good Bobo can't get on the floor to make progress. Barea is a decent backup pg only, perfect for Bobo to eventually pass as the backup. Sessions/Felton/Dooling are in the good category of pgs (but not great) but would probably only hender Bobo's progress. I think Bobo has a chance to be better than any of those 3 so we may as well stick with what we got. For once I agree with the F.O. on that choice.

If all goes well, it should go like this with Beaubois.

09-10: third string pg
10-11: backup to Kidd
11-12: starting pg

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-31-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #5740
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

No way I would trade JJB for Dooling. That move would have been lateral at best last year, and JJB's still young enough that we might see further improvement from him. Plus, if you're looking at production relative to contract, JJB is a significantly better value. By all means trade him if you can get a real upgrade, but there's virtually zero chance that the Mavs would even answer the phone of NJ called wanting to make that kind of swap.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 AM   #5741
eyedentifyme

eyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rougheyedentifyme is a jewel in the rough

- Nvm.

Last edited by eyedentifyme; 08-01-2009 at 01:35 AM.
eyedentifyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:36 AM   #5742
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Account for summer moves (thus far) Pro Basketball News has us ranked 7th.

Quote:
August 1 2009
Power Rankings: Lakers, Cavs make moves to stay on top
By Sam Amico
Pro Basketball News

There are still a lot of things that can (and will) happen between now and the start of training camp in October.

As PBN colleague Chris Bernucca pointed out, we're still waiting for the Minnesota Timberwolves to hire a coach and the Philadelphia 76ers to find a point guard. And as far as I'm concerned, the NBA season doesn't officially start until Allen Iverson signs.

But based on rosters as they stand today, here's my take on the best and worst of the NBA:

1. Los Angeles Lakers - Slid Ron Artest in Trevor Ariza's old role, re-signed Lamar Odom and still have Kobe Bryant. No reason to think they can't win it all again.

2. Cleveland Cavaliers - Much-improved bench now consists of Zydrunas Ilagauskas, Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon, with another signing (Joe Smith? Steve Novak?) likely still to come.

3. San Antonio Spurs - Landing Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess gives Spurs two more guys with Finals experience and makes them biggest threat to L.A.

4. Boston Celtics - Still need a backup PG, but a healthy Kevin Garnett and addition of Rasheed Wallace gives C's length and defense that resulted in title two seasons ago.

5. Denver Nuggets - Haven't done squat this off-season, but sometimes, just keeping the nucleus of team together can work wonders. Especially when that nucleus includes Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups.

6. Orlando Magic - Lost three starters off Finals team (Hedo Turkuglo, Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston), adding Vince Carter and Matt Barnes. Time to adjust will be needed, but Magic could still emerge out of East again.

7. Dallas Mavericks - Everyone is back, happy and healthy. Additions of Shawn Marion and Drew Gooden give Mavs more depth and versatility. Could be a major factor by season's end.

8. Washington Wizards - Return to relevancy is highly likely with returns of Gilbert Arenas, DeShawn Stevenson and Brendan Haywood, and additions of Randy Foye, Mike Miller and especially, coach Flip Saunders.

9. Portland Trail Blazers - Same old very good young talent, now a year older and wiser with valuable playoff experience. Just imagine if Greg Oden finally lives up to expectations.

10. New Orleans Hornets - Chris Paul and David West make Hornets a top 10 team all by themselves, but will need players around them (read: Emeka Okafor and Peja Stojakovic) to play their best to become a true threat.

11. Atlanta Hawks - Only have nine guys under contract, but trio of Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby gives Hawks perhaps most potent backcourt in the league. Still need serious help in the frontcourt, though.

12. Phoenix Suns - Will continue to run and gun with Amare Stoudemire back at center, and no longer need to worry about Shaquille O'Neal getting in the way. Have potential to be league's biggest surprise.

13. Utah Jazz - Could move up considerably once Jazz figure out what to do with Carlos Boozer, who's suddenly become more neurotic than Ron Artest.

14. Toronto Raptors - Still awful soft with leaders like Chris Bosh and Hedo Turkoglu, but should be much more exciting to watch with their brand of European basketball. Will likely be better at end of year than start.

15. Miami Heat - Lost out on Lamar Odom, meaning Dwyane Wade will have to do it all himself again. But things could be worse, is Wade is just that good.

16. Los Angeles Clippers - As usual, a lot of ifs involving injury-prone veterans Baron Davis and Marcus Camby, but good health, improvements from Al Thornton and Eric Gordon, and addition of top draft pick Blake Griffin could make Clips relevant.

17. Chicago Bulls - Losing Ben Gordon won't hurt as much as confidence-building playoff series against Boston will help. So will having a real winner at perhaps the most important position in PG Derek Rose.

18. Charlotte Bobcats - Despite financial woes and biggest offseason move being the one for average center Tyson Chandler, Bobcats still athletic and likely to continue making strides under Larry Brown.

19. Indiana Pacers - Underrated addition of Dahntay Jones gives Pacers defender that was previously lacking. Having Danny Granger back won't hurt, either.

20. Detroit Pistons - No longer a veteran club, Pistons are now rebuilding under another new coach (John Kuester) with new players who don't defend (Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva). Could be fun to watch on offense, though.

21. Golden State Warriors - If Anthony Randolph plays anywhere close to how he did in summer league, small ball will be bigger, and possibly better.

22. Philadelphia 76ers - Hoping Elton Brand stays healthy for an entire season isn't enough. Especially when you have no starting point guard.

23. Houston Rockets - No Yao Ming, no Ron Artest and no Tracy McGrady in his prime means no more postseason for the team that gave the Lakers their toughest playoff series.

24. New York Knicks - Haven't necessarily gotten worse, but have done nothing to improve since last season, when they finished as the 24th best team.

25. Oklahoma City Thunder - With an average age of 22.9, Thunder still like a really good college team. But watch out, all that talent is gonna grow up soon.

26. Memphis Grizzlies - NBA and network television types likely dread the thought of small-market teams Memphis and Oklahoma City meeting in the conference finals, but it very well could happen in four years.

27. Milwaukee Bucks - If nothing else, Bucks will play hard and could have some decent stretches. But who other than Michael Redd is capable of doing something when a game is on the line?

28. New Jersey Nets - Devin Harris and Brook Lopez are two reasons for hope, but the rest of the lineup is a mish-mash of washed up veterans and terribly inconsistent youth.

29. Sacramento Kings - At least the Kings have a coach, which is more than you can say for Minnesota. Still, it seems like 90 percent of the roster is one bad bounce away from playing D-League ball in North Dakota.

30. Minnesota Timberwolves - Boast some nice young talent, especially in the frontcourt with Al Jefferson and Kevin Love. But anything more than 15 wins would be a basketball miracle.
http://www.probasketballnews.com/story/?storyid=676

There really is only 7 teams that can win it all. And honestly, I think they have the Nuggets ranked too high I really don't consider them a true contender. (I'd put them 7th) I think six teams truly can win it Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic, Spurs, Mavs. I put us over Orlando slightly, but behind Lakers, Celtics, Cavs and Spurs. (although I think we can beat the Spurs in a 7 game series)

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-01-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #5743
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Account for summer moves (thus far) Pro Basketball News has us ranked 7th.

http://www.probasketballnews.com/story/?storyid=676

There really is only 7 teams that can win it all. And honestly, I think they have the Nuggets ranked too high I really don't consider them a true contender. (I'd put them 7th) I think six teams truly can win it Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, Magic, Spurs, Mavs. I put us over Orlando slightly, but behind Lakers, Celtics, Cavs and Spurs. (although I think we can beat the Spurs in a 7 game series)

So then what is the point of even putting the Spares above us?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #5744
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Bruce bowen anyone?
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #5745
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

since when is a horrible team winning more than 15 games a basketball miracle?
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #5746
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Nuggets #5 too high?

Wiz #8? Sure they look good at the paper but i wanna see Arenas first on the court. And for sure he will cut the production of Butler and Jamison.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:29 AM   #5747
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

That's a pretty terrible list.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #5748
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

From a scale of 1-10(10 being the highest), how would you rate our offseason?

Personally, I would give the offseason a 8. Wonderful job by Cubes and Donnie in getting three picks out of 1 and drafting boobie, Calathes and nivins, all three of those guys are very talented and will probably be rotation players in the near future.

The attempt at getting Gortat gave me hope because for years we have needed a center who was mobile, could finish and defend. Gortat was all three of those things but unfortunately Otis Douchebag Smith decided to match. I still give cubes credit for trying to get him though.

Shawn Friggin Marion. At first I was highly pessimistic that we could get Shawn here, I kept thinking in my mind "Good trades don't happen for the Dallas Mavs" but little by little we got closer and closer until finally we got him here. Dude can run, score, shoot and even dribble a bit. Marion is an excellent addition to this team and he makes contenders.

Drew Gooden and Tim Thomas. Thing with these guys is that almost everyone hates the acquisitions of these guys and alot of folks expect them to suck. The real issue is what happens if they play well? What happens if Gooden gives us 11ppg and 9rp per game, what happens if Thomas excels in his role as shooter of the bench? We have a chance to be really really good next year. Championship level good believe it or not. And that is all thanks to Cubes and Donnie.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #5749
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

I still want to see if we get something with the Buck shot, Real gm is reporting another team has become interested in Sessions.

But if we don't do anything else, I probably give it a 7.
Love Marion, interested in Roddy but disappointed we couldn't get a true starting center.

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 08-01-2009 at 01:39 PM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #5750
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
From a scale of 1-10(10 being the highest), how would you rate our offseason?
Offseason isn't over yet - how can you rate it?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #5751
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Azv4j8-KRI

greatness at 28 seconds. love this commercial even more now

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #5752
StackAttack
Platinum Member

As much as I'd love to see him in a Mavs uniform, Chris Kaman is one ugly mofo.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #5753
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future
Default Bored

Hearing that the Clippers are interested in Sessions, and hearing Dlords plan to get sessions, couldn't we do a three-way to get Kaman.
We could trade Barea/Humphries/Buckner/Jawai to Milwaukee for sessions, Kurt Thomas and Elson. Then send them over to LA for Chris Kaman.
Milwaukee gets a cap relief and a serviceable PG for a guy they were gonna lose anyway.
LA gets the PG they want plus two big man.
We get Kaman.

The only problem is we would be thin at pg. We could look into signing McCants or Tinsley to play some minutes there.
IDK just bored...

BEAT LA
Old 08-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #5754
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
So then what is the point of even putting the Spares above us?
Because I didn't make that list????????????????????????????????????
Old 08-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #5755
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Hearing that the Clippers are interested in Sessions, and hearing Dlords plan to get sessions, couldn't we do a three-way to get Kaman.
We could trade Barea/Humphries/Buckner/Jawai to Milwaukee for sessions, Kurt Thomas and Elson. Then send them over to LA for Chris Kaman.
I see zero motivation for Dallas in that scenario. 1) I don't think the Mavs want Kaman's contract and injuries, and, 2) even if they were willing to take Kaman on at that price, if Sessions/KT/Elson are available that'd be the better deal for the Mavs.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #5756
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Sam puts the Lakers on top but Bill Simmons says otherwise.

Quote:
To the Lakers' fans. If you think your boys improved by swapping Trevor Ariza (a 24-year-old who came into his own this past spring, shot 45 percent from 3-point land, came through repeatedly in the clutch, turned into the NBA's single best defensive swingman and doesn't care about his numbers) for Ron Artest (an unreliable 29-year-old head case/attention hog who slipped noticeably as a perimeter defender these past two seasons and has a knack for taking terrible shots at the worst possible times), then absolutely, you're on drugs. I don't know what else to tell you. Your team is worse. I'm sorry. And that's before we get into the whole "Is Lamar Odom coming back?" and "Do you really want to commit to an aging Artest for FIVE years?" questions.

Last edited by RareMilk; 08-01-2009 at 05:42 PM.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #5757
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareMilk View Post
Sam puts the Lakers on top but Bill Simmons says otherwise.
Simmons is good for laughs and that's about it. I don't respect him in the least as a basketball analyst.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #5758
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
if Sessions/KT/Elson are available that'd be the better deal for the Mavs.
Eh, I don't know about that. We already got a good PG so sessions would be backup. Goodens already filling the minutes we would give KT and Elson is a spare.
What we need is a starting center.

BEAT LA
Old 08-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #5759
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I"m wanting some kaman.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #5760
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Offseason isn't over yet - how can you rate it?
I just meant our offseason so far...I don't think we're gunna make any HUGE moves anymore.

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?