Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-31-2010, 11:25 PM   #561
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

It seems obvious to say Jack, but I can't think of who I'd rather it be. I mean, seriously....the show isn't about Jack, but come on. It's Jack. (See, I actually like Jack, maddening though he may be)

But it's a good point. He may only need the winner.

But if he gets the winner killed (presuming he can't kill them himself, which we know to be true) then wouldn't he need them all dead to stop the next in line from also taking Jacobs place?

We'll know more when we figure out if there's a process to becoming the new caretaker and what it is.

(But since my new favorite idea is that the flash sideways is what will happen when the series concludes and they really DO reset things like Jack wanted to in the first place, I'm not really sure there's going to be a Jacob replacement. I think they're going to sink that bad boy.)
Old 03-31-2010, 11:59 PM   #562
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

So is Desmond the new Richard?
Old 04-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #563
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
So is Desmond the new Richard?
Did Penny die?
Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 AM   #564
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't remember but I think Ben was gonna kill her until he saw Charlie. So maybe not.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #565
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
(But since my new favorite idea is that the flash sideways is what will happen when the series concludes and they really DO reset things like Jack wanted to in the first place, I'm not really sure there's going to be a Jacob replacement. I think they're going to sink that bad boy.)
I hate that theory so much.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #566
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Moi aussi!
Old 04-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #567
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know...maybe Smocke is just gathering all the candidates in one place before he kills them all.

He keeps telling people that they have to leave with him, but his conversation with Jacob suggests that all he really needs, is for them to be dead. Right?

(Forgive me if I've been a little slow in getting here...)

edit: Wait. No....he needs someone else to kill them all. So he's trying to get Widmore to do it?
I'm definitely of the opinion that he needs them all dead. He's not taking anyone off that island.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #568
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ok, good.

Then he needs Widmore to kill them. Or he needs them to kill each other.

(Or Ben?)

Then again, there's always Claire and Sayid, his soul-less minions.

Ah, so many possibilities.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 AM   #569
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Well... I mean...it's been 10 episodes now. If the flash-sideways were going to have some bearing on the main time line, I'd think we'd have seen some evidence by now, no?

Which likely leaves two options in my opinion: It's purely a hypothetical, what-if look at an alternate universe that has no connection with the on-goings on-island, or, it's a part of the narrative that is yet to come, or will come as a result of something yet unseen at the conclusion of the series.

Of course, I'm trying to apply reason to a crazy ass tv show, so what do I know?
Old 04-04-2010, 01:44 AM   #570
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really doubt this is how it'll end. The island is more or less a main character in the show, and I don't think the show's ending will revolve around sinking a main character into oblivion while everyone is suddenly living a normal life. It would feel incredibly hollow.

It's gotta be something with someone taking over as the new Jacob. It's just gotta be. Maybe that doesn't preclude the flash-sideways being what happens to everybody else, but I don't think the island is just gonna go away. In some odd way, the audience is attached to it.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #571
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I really doubt this is how it'll end. The island is more or less a main character in the show, and I don't think the show's ending will revolve around sinking a main character into oblivion while everyone is suddenly living a normal life. It would feel incredibly hollow.

It's gotta be something with someone taking over as the new Jacob. It's just gotta be. Maybe that doesn't preclude the flash-sideways being what happens to everybody else, but I don't think the island is just gonna go away. In some odd way, the audience is attached to it.
Well, if the flash-sideways does in fact "happen" in the end, then the island is at the bottom of the ocean. So you can't have it both ways.

I'm leaning towards Flaco's idea at this point. I think the notion that we're watching the results of the actions of the final season before it's actually over is pretty cool. But it would definitely take something away from the end of the series, and that may not be a very "Lost" thing to do.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 04-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #572
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought the other option was that the flash sideways were the original time line and then Jacob interfered.

I'm going to try not to worry about grand theories too much during these last episodes....its just too much thinking. Last night I read a theory that MIB and Jacob were the result of Daniel Faraday traveling way back in time and developing split personalities. My head nearly exploded.

But I have to say, if the flash sideways turn out to be the endgame, I think that's pretty lame.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 04-04-2010 at 11:13 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #573
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, if the flash-sideways does in fact "happen" in the end, then the island is at the bottom of the ocean. So you can't have it both ways.
We can't have it both ways from what we currently know, but I was thinking maybe there's some way that this will be changed in the final episodes (hence, "Maybe it doesn't preclude...").

Old 04-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #574
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I'm probably in the minority, but I really don't care what the flash sideways turns out to be. I enjoy it quite a bit and how it fits into the overall story line is secondary for me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 04-04-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #575
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

anyone want to rate their fav flash-sideways episode? for me its hands down the ben episode... such greatness
Old 04-05-2010, 12:12 AM   #576
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Can I pre-vote for the Hurley episode? Even though it hasn't happened yet and I'm not even sure if there's going to be one at all?

Or next weeks' Desmond episode, that I'm not even sure will be a flash sideways?
Old 04-06-2010, 09:07 PM   #577
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Desmond FTW. Great episode. I thought it was kinda blah to start, but it kept getting better and better. Also, this Charlie kinda freaks me out. LOL
Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #578
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

WTF?

I have no damn clue what is going on now.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 04-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #579
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

thats not pennys boat

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #580
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So...

I don't even know where to start. With the flash sideways, or the main island happenings.

So Desmond is special and can save everyone....ok....how? Huh? Why is he going with Sayid? Did he experience the sideways timeline? They did not clarify that one bit.

And WTF with Daniel and that conversation? That sets the whole conversation back to square one, doesn't it? So it is a timeline created by the bomb? Then how is Widmore alive?

Best scene of the episode for me: Eloise mother effing Hawking or whatever her name was. They kind of tore her omnipotence down last year, but they built it back up in one two minute conversation. That was awesome, and the kind of mystery I can live with.

But still. WTF.

I'm starting to get a very Harry Potter-esque, "Love is the answer here" kind of vibe from this. They only have, what? 6 episodes left? Is Desmond going to be involved in every flash sideways from now on? Is he going to show people their other lives?

And to what purpose?

This feels like a mid-season reset of sorts.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:01 AM   #581
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why is he going with Sayid? Did he experience the sideways timeline?
These are the exact questions that have been troubling me, especially the Sayid thing.

BEAT LA

Last edited by badfish22; 04-07-2010 at 01:02 AM.
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:40 AM   #582
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
So...

I don't even know where to start. With the flash sideways, or the main island happenings.

So Desmond is special and can save everyone....ok....how? Huh? Why is he going with Sayid? Did he experience the sideways timeline? They did not clarify that one bit.

And WTF with Daniel and that conversation? That sets the whole conversation back to square one, doesn't it? So it is a timeline created by the bomb? Then how is Widmore alive?

Best scene of the episode for me: Eloise mother effing Hawking or whatever her name was. They kind of tore her omnipotence down last year, but they built it back up in one two minute conversation. That was awesome, and the kind of mystery I can live with.

But still. WTF.

I'm starting to get a very Harry Potter-esque, "Love is the answer here" kind of vibe from this. They only have, what? 6 episodes left? Is Desmond going to be involved in every flash sideways from now on? Is he going to show people their other lives?

And to what purpose?

This feels like a mid-season reset of sorts.
Seriously. When they showed Widmore I thought, "Hey, looks like I just got proven right," because obviously Widmore cannot be alive. But then when Daniel describes a nuclear bomb exploding I think 'wtf.'

I have no idea where we are now. Does Eloise have the same ability as Desmond?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:40 AM   #583
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

I do think Desmond experienced the alternate timeline when he was unconscious, thus the "how long was I out?" comment. I think that's what they were going for there.

As for the Sayid thing, he seems to just be going along with whatever is thrown in his path. As Eloise said again this episode, "What happens, happens". So maybe he's just like "ok, i'll just do whatever anyone says".

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 04-07-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #584
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
I do think Desmond experienced the alternate timeline when he was unconscious, thus the "how long was I out?" comment. I think that's what they were going for there.

As for the Sayid thing, he seems to just be going along with whatever is thrown in his path. As Eloise said again this episode, "What happens, happens". So maybe he's just like "ok, i'll just do whatever anyone says".
I concur w/ BBL.

And please Flac, don't mention Harry Potter again. It really made me feel like a total nerd for being so committed to this thread.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #585
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

If it is indeed love that will be a central theme to getting them to the present.... I guess that means Sayid is kind of screwed then. Unless he somehow stays in the alternate timeline to be with either Nadia or Shannon. I would guess Nadia but I could see them throwing a curve ball with Shannon. He was kind of elusive on his episode earlier this year about loving someone. I think Nadia was hinted at but it almost seemed that the love had an Island tie in which would mean Shannon. I wonder if Shannon and Boone are tired of pushing daisies.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #586
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Here's something I've been thinking about lately that's pretty unrelated to last night.

The scene with the canoes early in season 5 where Juliet shoots some unknown person in unknown canoe that was chasing them....I really thought they would answer that last season, and they didn't. Then I thought we'd see it this season, and we haven't.

So the longer they wait to reveal that, the more I think that the person Juliet shot is going to be a pretty major character, no?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #587
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Here's something I've been thinking about lately that's pretty unrelated to last night.

The scene with the canoes early in season 5 where Juliet shoots some unknown person in unknown canoe that was chasing them....I really thought they would answer that last season, and they didn't. Then I thought we'd see it this season, and we haven't.

So the longer they wait to reveal that, the more I think that the person Juliet shot is going to be a pretty major character, no?
Oh, wow. Yeah. That whole scene has kind of shifted in and out of my consciousness since it happened. I had forgotten that we were going to end up seeing that.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #588
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
Seriously. When they showed Widmore I thought, "Hey, looks like I just got proven right," because obviously Widmore cannot be alive. But then when Daniel describes a nuclear bomb exploding I think 'wtf.'
Yeah, at that moment I thought (about our conversation) "well, we're both wrong."

It was just nice to finally get some concrete connection between sideways world and the main time line. I had given up on that...they had given us 10 hours without a connection. Why wait so long?

Now I'm betting Desmond shows up in next weeks episode, that looked like a Hurley deal from the brief preview.

(Who haven't we done, btw? Sawyer, Kate, Jack, Locke, Ben, Richard, Desmond, Jin, Sun...Hurley next week, and then what?)
Old 04-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #589
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

How about a Jacob episode? Or a WHNI episode.... or a Vincent episode... that would be awesome.

I pretty much felt more lost last night than I have ever felt lost about Lost before. I'd kind of like to see an end game forming...... a couple of options for an end game maybe?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #590
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well, defeating the man in black in one form or another (destroying him, or keeping him bottled up) and/or replacing Jacob still seems like the end game to me, but this sideways business is quite vexing.

I think I know how you feel, u2. I was definitely feeling more lost than ever after that one.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 PM   #591
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
How about a Jacob episode? Or a WHNI episode.... or a Vincent episode... that would be awesome.

I pretty much felt more lost last night than I have ever felt lost about Lost before. I'd kind of like to see an end game forming...... a couple of options for an end game maybe?
A Jacob episode...that would be interesting. Not too far fetched either.

How about a "Why the hell is there a bunch of Egyptian stuff on the island?" episode.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #592
XERXES
Diamond Member

It sounds like we need to compile a list of unanswered questions thus far. Please add whichever ones I forget...

1. who Juliet was shooting in the canoe when they were time traveling.
2. man in blacks name? how he got to the island? basically, everything about MIB.
3. what's with parallel storyline? (this is obviously the point to this season.)
4. why desmond is nuclear-blast proof.
5. is widmore a good guy?
6. is jin or sun the candidate?

what am i forgetting?
Old 04-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #593
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

would the flux capacitor effect take place if they came in contact with themselves at some point?
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:34 PM   #594
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I think that the alt-timeline desmond somehow had his consciousness transferred to the island desmond..that's why he's so freaked out and going along with everything, maybe? Why else would alt-des faint when they flashed sideways?

I'm betting the final episode will be a Jacob centric and the one before it will be MIB centric (oh please let them make a MIB one).

5 episodes left...frack me
Old 04-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #595
mary
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei View Post
I think that the alt-timeline desmond somehow had his consciousness transferred to the island desmond..that's why he's so freaked out and going along with everything, maybe? Why else would alt-des faint when they flashed sideways?

I'm betting the final episode will be a Jacob centric and the one before it will be MIB centric (oh please let them make a MIB one).

5 episodes left...frack me
I was thinking the same thing this morning...that alt-Desmond is on the island.....and I believe alt-Juliette might have been the woman that died in Sawyer's arms.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #596
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

One of my biggest questions is: How did Widmore arrive at the conclusion that he needed to come to the island with the very specific plan that he has? How did he know about Desmond? How did he find the island?

Ben seemed to know nothing about the true nature of what's going on on the island, but Widmore seems to be a step ahead of everything. Why? How?
Old 04-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #597
LonghornDub

Bout to watch this one--I'm excited about it, I've heard it was another great one.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:14 AM   #598
LonghornDub

Quote:
A Jacob episode...that would be interesting. Not too far fetched either.

How about a "Why the hell is there a bunch of Egyptian stuff on the island?" episode.
According to wikipedia, the third to last episode of the season is a Jacob/MiB centric episode. Citing the first answer of this interview: http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...e-1016605.aspx

And wow, I just finished the Desmond episode...how utterly confusing.

FYI Ninkol--there are actually 6 episodes left, technically 7 if you count the two-hour series finale as two episodes.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 04-08-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #599
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear your discussion, guys...very good stuff being discussed here.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #600
LonghornDub

I'm having a really tough time piecing together how different some people's lives are in the flash-sideways versus other people's. Sayid, for example, seems to have a fairly similar life, only he gave up the woman he loved. But at least he still knows her. Same with Jin and Sun. But Desmond had never even met Penny in the flash-sideways, even though he knew Widmore? I assume this means he also never went to the monastery? Meanwhile, Ben's life was actually fairly similar early on (we know he went to the island), and only started to become different when he and his father left at some point.

It just seems strange how massive the variance is from person to person in terms of how different their alternate reality life is from their original-timeline life.