Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #561
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

so we're officially playing SA?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #562
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

50 wins!!!!
i cannot believe it, and we played our HEART out in this past week to go 5-1 and get fifty wins.

i am so damn proud of our boys, and you kno what?

i want the sixth seed. i cant believe spurts game went to OT, and looks like its goin well for us, and i know that we MAY play spurts if we get sixth seed, but i don't care

this gives just the boost of confidence that we needed headin into the Second Season.

i am at a loss for words right now. the way we battled back, the way Kidd orchestrated an amazing triple double including an extremely key offensive board, and the effort JET, J-HO, and hollins gave tonight to provide the burst of energy we needed to win this game.

we did it boys and girls, we did it. what a season...

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L
(sorry, no more big fonts, i just am way too excited to not "yell" right now!!! I LOVE YA'LL...AND HERE'S THAT END OF SEASON REP!!!!)

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #563
grandmasta8

grandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the roughgrandmasta8 is a jewel in the rough

Duncan killed the Whorenets
grandmasta8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #564
NYMAVGUY

NYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura aboutNYMAVGUY has a spectacular aura about

Spurs got that one!!!!! # 6 B*TCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by NYMAVGUY; 04-15-2009 at 09:40 PM.
NYMAVGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #565
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199 View Post
50 wins!!!!
i cannot believe it, and we played our HEART out in this past week to go 5-1 and get fifty wins.

i want the sixth seed. i cant believe spurts game went to OT, and looks like its goin well for us, and i know that we MAY play spurts if we get sixth seed, but i don't care

this gives just the boost of confidence that we needed headin into the Second Season.

i am at a loss for words right now. the way we battled back, the way Kidd orchestrated an amazing triple double including an extremely key offensive board, and the effort JET, J-HO, and hollins gave tonight to provide the burst of energy we needed to win this game.

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L
(sorry, no more big fonts, i just am way too excited to not "yell" right now!!! I LOVE YA'LL...AND HERE'S THAT END OF SEASON REP!!!!)
I love this guy.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #566
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
Because the Spurs are our best chance to get out of the first round.
Exactly. If I have to choose between the Spurs or the Nuggets, I take the Spurs.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #567
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

12:22 am...BOOK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
You heard it here..

My guess:

Spurs v Mavs - Round 1
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #568
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
sometimes i think dirk is the most underrated defender in the league
I think he's a bad man to man defender. Off the ball I think he deserves credit.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #569
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

New Orleans ball down 6 about 10 seconds left.

Bring on the Spurs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JT btw is clutch
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #570
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

WOW MAVS GET 50 WINS

KIDD GETS A TRIPLE DOUBLE
AND WE MOVE INTO 6TH PLACE!

WHAT ELSE?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #571
robz
Golden Member

robz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nicerobz is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
The NBA couldn't have written a better script. Cavs in OT as well.
seriously. How perfect to the end of the season is this?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #572
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

I believe Denver can still end up as the 3rd seed if they beat Portland
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #573
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

What a glorious night.

The Mavs get the weakest top seeded opponent, and in the process cost the Rockets the division.

*giggle*

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #574
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz View Post
so we're officially playing SA?
If they win, yes. They have the tiebreaker over Portland and the Nuggets sealed their second spot with Houston's loss.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #575
robz
Golden Member

who has the tie breaker between portland and denver
Old 04-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #576
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I love this guy.
AND I LOVE YOU BACK!!!

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #577
robz
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
If they win, yes. They have the tiebreaker over Portland and the Nuggets sealed their second spot with Houston's loss.
this couldn't be more perfect. What a fucken night!#!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #578
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRookie View Post
I believe Denver can still end up as the 3rd seed if they beat Portland

Wait...what?

I have to worry about the Denver game now?

Are you sure?

You mean if they lost to Portland, right?

Do the Spurs hold the tiebreaker over Denver?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #579
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Kidd had a flashback game tonight. Too bad he won't stay in that type of mode. But great win tonight. We got a chance against the Spurs.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #580
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by robz View Post
seriously. How perfect to the end of the season is this?
Scares the hell out of me it was so perfect. Almost as if it was actually scripted lol. Only thing missing is a Phoenix vs. Lakers 1st round series.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #581
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Never mind. Ignore my previous post, I forget we beat Houston. lol
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #582
vRookie

Quote:
Wait...what?

Are you sure?

I was wrong. ignore what I wrote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #583
robz
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Scares the hell out of me it was so perfect. Almost as if it was actually scripted lol. Only thing missing is a Phoenix vs. Lakers 1st round series.
yah seriously
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #584
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraided199 View Post
50 wins!!!!

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L
You're the man.

Go Mavs!!!!!
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #585
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Wait...what?

Are you sure?

If Blazers win its going to be a 4 team tie. I don't even know what the hell that will result in. I didn't know Denver was a loss away from joining the pack.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #586
mary
Troll Hunter

I wonder how many Rocket trolls registered during the first half of the game?

Just noticing our newest member....I'm sure he'll be posting here shortly.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #587
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

denver game doesnt matter other than HCA for Portland now. denver is second and SA third
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #588
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I HAVE A BOOOOONNNNERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #589
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

i'm so happy
Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #590
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

So is it official????

MAVS VS SPURS in the first round of the playoffs??? Regardless of the results of the other games?

Last edited by monty55555; 04-15-2009 at 09:47 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #591
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

what a unusual season! no ginobli favors us! lets do this mavs!!! next week gonna switch from my home Steve Nash jersey to my away Dirk Jersey every game they play! who cares if its rainin at school! Gotta show love for my MAVS!
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #592
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

We are officially playing the Spurs. The Spurs have the tiebreaker over the Blazers because they won their division (which is the first tiebreaker, even if the teams are in different divisions), and Denver has already clinched the division even should they lose to the Blazers.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:50 PM   #593
dongtouch

dongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the rough

I believe Spurs lose tie breaks to both Nuggets and Blazers.
So Nuggets are set in 2nd. If Blazers win, they get 3rd. If they lose, Spurs get 3rd.
Correct me if I am wrong.
dongtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #594
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

we're gonna goatse those damn spurs
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #595
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Stupid taxes kept me from the game... >:|

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #596
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongtouch View Post
I believe Spurs lose tie breaks to both Nuggets and Blazers.
So Nuggets are set in 2nd. If Blazers win, they get 3rd. If they lose, Spurs get 3rd.
Correct me if I am wrong.
Spurs have it automatically. Division winner has to be in the top 3.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #597
dongtouch

dongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the roughdongtouch is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Spurs have it automatically. Division winner has to be in the top 3.
Are you sure about this? Isn't there a rule even if you will the division, you will not be guaranteed top 3 (you're only guaranteed top 4)?
Remember the year the Mavs went to the finals, they had to face the Spurs in the second round even though they and the Spurs had the 2 best record in the NBA, and the following year, the NBA changed that rule?
dongtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #598
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongtouch View Post
Are you sure about this? Isn't there a rule even if you will the division, you will not be guaranteed top 3 (you're only guaranteed top 4)?
Remember the year the Mavs went to the finals, they had to face the Spurs in the second round even though they and the Spurs had the 2 best record in the NBA, and the following year, the NBA changed that rule?
Division winner doesn't have to be in the top three, no, but division winner is officially the first tiebreaker in the situations accounted for in the rule change (i.e., the "wild card" team has to finish with a better record to finish 3rd or 2nd; if they're tied, the division winner gets the better seed automatically).
Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #599
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Coupled with a Houston loss to Dallas, the Spurs clinched the No. 3 seed in the Western Conference and will play Dallas in the first round of the playoffs. The Hornets fell to the seventh seed after letting this one slip away.
According to ESPN, all playoff matchups are set, and the Blazers are just fighting for home court over the Rockets.

edit: The same recap is posted on nba.com, so it's official.

Last edited by Dirkadirkastan; 04-15-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #600
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Good game. I like the AAC (some pretty hot females ). Once the Mavs cut the lead to ten, I knew the game was over. I had to lol at this guy behind me. When Artest got fouled and him and Howard got into it, he turned around to his kid and said "Artest is a bad guy, you never want to be like him".

I was in section 116. Good seats.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50 for 9...amazin, beggarnauts in htown, bigger nuts than htown, bigger nuts than htown?, biggr nuts than htown, bring on the scrubs?, bring on the... uh.., finley=goat, finley=old, gdt 08/09, thanks spurs....