Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #561
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want a player who doesn't want to be a Maverick. Champs!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #562
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

If Tyson is out of the conversation, Id love to add Kaman. He'd fit in perfectly with the Mavs in my mind.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:08 PM   #563
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I understand your thinking...IMO however at crunch time it's going to be jet, jkiddo, shawn/Rudy/brewer, dirk and wood. I don't see where those guys are going to bust into the winning time rotation to make a defensive/offensive difference when it counts.

I can see those guys helping in the middle but at the end of games wood is going to have to give us the pnr defense and offense that Tyson did, those other guy will all be on the bench the last 12 minutes or so.

Wood also obviously has to hit free throws or he'll be on the bench as well. The free throw thing bugs me also, it makes me think he is weak of mind. He was 20-43 and few if any were in tight games.
I agree that it's unrealistic to think that the Mavs will be able to find a closing five that is - let's not mince words here - as miraculous as their closing five was in the championship run. Given that, the question then becomes, can they compensate by doing more damage in the first 43 minutes? That's where a good year from two or three of the younger players could really make a difference.

As for the free throws, don't really know what to say about that except that he's at 60% for his career from the charity stripe, and the smart bet is that he finds his way back there.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #564
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
The biggest difference on offense between Tyson and Brendan is FT shooting. Teams didn't want to foul Tyson because he was good at it relative to his size. Tyson wasn't afraid of the foul because he would knock them down at the line.

Brendan last year got in a funk (not quite Andres Biedrins type funk at the line) but still he did not want to shoot them. And that affects the team's confidence.
I disagree. I thought that Tyson's ability to go up and get the ball really enhanced jjb's and jets efficiency in the lane.

I have to also agree with you that was a huge difference as well.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 12-03-2011 at 09:41 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #565
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I agree that it's unrealistic to think that the Mavs will be able to find a closing five that is - let's not mince words here - as miraculous as their closing five was in the championship run. Given that, the question then becomes, can they compensate by doing more damage in the first 43 minutes? That's where a good year from two or three of the younger players could really make a difference.

As for the free throws, don't really know what to say about that except that he's at 60% for his career from the charity stripe, and the smart bet is that he finds his way back there.
You make a good point about not falling behind as much would really be nice. It seemed to coincide more with jet/dirk being on the court than almost anything else.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #566
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

What's the long-term plan at point guard? Is it still Roddy? Calathes?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #567
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Outside of keeping JJB as the backup, I suspect the "plan", so far as it relates specifically to point guards, consists of hoping for: 1) another reasonably productive year from Kidd, and 2) some growth and maturation from one of their young, unproven players.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #568
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I find it really hard to believe there would be very much stock in Roddy. I would rather see Dominique Jones running the point right now than Rod.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-03-2011 at 11:59 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #569
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I find it really hard to believe there would be very much stock in Roddy. I would rather see Dominique Jones running the point right now than Rod.
DJ seems to me to be a bit more reckless with the ball than Roddy.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #570
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I also can't see DJ getting there anytime soon - the plan has seemed to be to build w/ Roddy at the point and keep DJ at the 2. I can't imagine DJ getting enough reps at PG to be ready for that position after this season.

I guess Calathes and Roddy are the two internal candidates to take over starters minutes at PG in 2012-13? I can't really imagine Roddy getting many backup PG minutes this year if we bring back JJ, and who knows what to expect from Nick if we get him over. Guess we have to wait and see what we get from Roddy this year. After Ty, I think this is clearly the next priority.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #571
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

If Booby can get healthy and perform like he's capable of performing I'm 100% positive he'll get chances to play. A season filled with back-to-backs and even a few back-to-back-to-backs? Kidd's going to get plenty of nights off.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #572
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I think Calathes will be the PG of the future, Roddy has talent but the fact of the matter the chances of a combo guard learning PG skills while in the NBA isn't that high. Calathes has been getting great reviews over seas.

Strength:
High Bball IQ
Great passer
Size
Controlls pace
Doesn't turn it over
Solid handles
and pretty good finisher even with not being athletic
Ability to guard guards that aren't super quick (Andre miller, Raymond Felton types)
NBA body strength
Rebounder for a point guard
Weaknesses:
The biggest worry with Calathes is his lack of quickness it will really hurt him on defensive end when both the point and 2 guard have good quickness
bad free throw shooter

Average:
Three point shooter
Scoring ability
Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #573
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot take credit for this gif. A person in Insidehoops posted it. But it does reflect the Ryson Chandler situation if he really does want 20 million per year.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #574
dude1394
Guru

Very good stuff from sir Charles.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...kley_intv.nba/
Old 12-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #575
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/319274
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #576
dude1394
Guru

Quite frankly I think butler is pretty much done as a starter.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #577
nowhereman
Diamond Member

If he moves, I guess he's linked most closely now to both Chicago and Miami. He'd be a great asset for both of those teams. Hopefully we can get some value by moving him. It's a shame we never got to see him for a full season here, but he's really a luxury the mavs can't afford/shouldn't spend on at this point.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #578
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

"$20 Million per year?"
Old 12-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #579
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I think Miami thinks hard of using their amnesty on Miller. He'll miss the first two month of the season again. Replacing him with a guy that comes off a major injury is a risk, but I would understand why they'd do it.

As for Chicago: They need a 2 more than everything and Butler can play that spot. Otherweise he could still give their bench a scoring boost, which was pretty much known for forcing opponents into a 0-0 scoring spree over three or four minutes.

I agree with Chuck that Chandler has to come back to have any shot at repeating. Then also resign Barea at a fair amount and bring back Peja and Brian on minimums. Butler is a luxury on that current roster and we already replaced Stevenson with Rudy on Draft Day.

That said, somebody out of Rudy, Roddy, DoJo and Brewer has to step up this season. Cuban would also pay less luxury tax (~12M opposed to 18M last season) and you are 3-deep on every position:

PG: Kidd, Barea, Roddy
SG: Rudy, Terry, DoJo
SF: Brewer, Marion, Peja
PF: Dirk, Marion, Brian
C: Tyson, Haywood, Mahinmi

You'll lose a pure defensive stopper with Stevenson, but Brewer might be able to help in that regard.

Last edited by j0Shi; 12-04-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #580
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

To me Dojo is not a SG. He just can't shoot it and is a much better distributor/creator at this point. I don't see him excelling at SG any more than I see Rod at PG. Neither of them imo seem a natural fit in those roles.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #581
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

nm

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 12-04-2011 at 12:43 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:26 PM   #582
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Dirk is on his way back to Dallas!!!!!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #583
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
As negotiations with Mavericks have stalled, Golden State, Houston and New Jersey have emerged as three most serious suitors for Chandler
http://twitter.com/#!/ESPNSteinLine/...97781179080706

/gone
Old 12-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #584
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Stein reporting that talks between Tyson and the Mavs have stalled.

Edit: Beat me to it. ^^

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 12-04-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #585
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Chandler's gone. I'm not sure it's the right move, but if it's a deal in excess of $50mm over 4 years then I don't think I can blame Cuban.

Bottom line -- Mahinmi needs to step up. In this new CBA era, you just have to have some young, cheap guys step up and perform. I think he can do it.

Same goes for Roddy, Dojo, Brewer and Calathes. We need a couple of those guys to turn into solid players.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #586
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Yep: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ts-sources-say
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #587
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

hopefully he signs with the nets, and then they wouldnt have enough money to sign d-will and he can come here in 2012!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #588
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
if it is true.We have huge problem...

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #589
j0Shi
Diamond Member

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/12...g-for-the-mavs

My piece on why the Mavs might not want to go All-in on Chandler.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #590
dude1394
Guru

I'll be very disappointed if the Mavs let the best center in franchise history go. Very disappointed and they will be stupid to do so IMO.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #591
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
hopefully he signs with the nets, and then they wouldnt have enough money to sign d-will and he can come here in 2012!!!
Dwell already said he wouldn't come with just dirk. Tyson needs to be here
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #592
clutch#41
Golden Member

i honestly think that cuban thought that this season was going to be cancelled so he was prepared to lose chandler either way. now that everything got figured out so quickly, and there is a season, it seems like he hasnt even started on preparing for this season yet and is more focused on his bid with the Dodgers!!
Old 12-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #593
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'll be very disappointed if the Mavs let the best center in franchise history go. Very disappointed and they will be stupid to do so IMO.
Me too, but Marc Cuban might need to pay about 40-45M of luxury tax in 2013/2014. It's not my money so it's hard to complain, really.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:08 PM   #594
j0Shi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Dwell already said he wouldn't come with just dirk. Tyson needs to be here
Tyson + Dirk = no cap-space = no Deron
Old 12-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #595
j0Shi
Diamond Member

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ck-to-the-mavs

Some good news: Mavs might have leverage in JJB negotiations
Old 12-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #596
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Me too, but Marc Cuban might need to pay about 40-45M of luxury tax in 2013/2014. It's not my money so it's hard to complain, really.
I would think that by then the dirkster is pretty much finished. Jkiddo, jet, Shawn are gone and Haywood is amnestied. I do not believe that luxury tax ( I'm assuming because of 4 in 5 years ) is a foregone conclusion.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #597
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ck-to-the-mavs

Some good news: Mavs might have leverage in JJB negotiations
I can understand why the Heat would want JJB, given how much he abused them in the Finals.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:28 PM   #598
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Im not sure if your saying cuban needs to pay the tax in the sense that he just needs to suck it up and deal with it or in the sense that conditionally he would need to if he signed chandler.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #599
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would think that by then the dirkster is pretty much finished. Jkiddo, jet, Shawn are gone and Haywood is amnestied. I do not believe that luxury tax ( I'm assuming because of 4 in 5 years ) is a foregone conclusion.
Tyson chandler isnt worth 15 mil a year even with no luxury tax. I really hate to say it but tyson may have become the most overrated player in basketball.

Also i dont think its nearly as sure a conclusion that durk is done in 4 years. Hell be nashs current age at that point and i believe his game will age at least as well.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #600
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Tyson chandler isnt worth 15 mil a year even with no luxury tax. I really hate to say it but tyson may have become the most overrated player in basketball.

Also i dont think its nearly as sure a conclusion that durk is done in 4 years. Hell be nashs current age at that point and i believe his game will age at least as well.
This!! also dirk has been blessed with a shooting stroke, look what peja did for us this postseason!!!!