Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 10-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #561
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I think all of you are right. It is pretty amazing how Obama has broke through. He seems very smart and i know we will see if and when he gets in, how things go. I understand how many are frustrated with this adm and the times we are in but i wondered myself and even mentioned this, Hillary was running strong in TN/KY and was just up a tad on McCain or tied. I knew Bill won some of the south. I knew Hillary would and i thought it would be hard for Obama to. So i am pretty amazed. Not in Tn/Ky but places like Va, Nc, Ga is maybe a long shot if any shot and Fl.

I am rooting for our next pres no matter whom it is but minorities must be very proud of Obama and everyone. To be able to break through so many barriers. If he does good as pres and other southern states see what states like Va, Nc, Fl do and the fact Ga got close, it could be alot closer and not just the south going republican, no matter the issues or the candidate. MI, Obama is getting beat by 8. That isn't to bad.

Rasmussen just put Obama up 3 in MO 50 to 47. Ras also has McCain up 1 in Oh. Rass has Obama up 2 in Va. Rass has Obama up 7 in FL and Rass has Obama up 6 in Co.

In the end we will have to see was it just how bad Bush/Cheney did, if people just didn't like Mac that much, if people really like Obama. I would think he would be judged on the job he does but all three of you are right. If the south breaks thru, it will be a big story on election night and will be talked about along time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll: GOP Senator Chambliss In Dead Heat For Re-Election
In a very interesting development, a new Research 2000 poll gives Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), who was believed to be more or less invulnerable going into this campaign, a statistically insignificant lead of 45%-44% over Democrat Jim Martin. This corroborates a SurveyUSA poll taken last week, which put Chambliss ahead 46%-44%, as the economy continues to take a toll on Republicans even in seemingly safe places.

This is hard for me to believe, this guy was suppose to be like Mitch McConnel, untouchable.

The debate on Tuesday could get interesting with Mac on the attack. I thought maybe the people watching would like the person that attacked, was very negative, like how Mac was the first debate. He never looked at Obama and would never agree much as where Obama would with him and seemed to be more of a polite approach but attacking at times. I was wrong because the people didn't seem to like Mac as much as i thought maybe they would the first debate. Obama could maybe try to get his message out again Tuesday, in a polite but firm way and do not blow up but make Mac blow up and get mad. McCain knows he needs a game changer ad it will be interesting to see if and how much negative with attacks get tomorrow night.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #562
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

MI, Obama is getting beat by 8

I was meaning MS in the south. Not Michigan. Obama is upm in MI.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #563
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Obama even closing in on McCain in Georgia. Georgia is probably feeling a North Carolina situation. The Atlanta area is helping out Obama with all of the transplant from the states in the Northeast as well as California. We'll see how Georgia plays out.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 PM   #564
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

The northeast has held strong for Obama and NH has flip flopped around with now Obama pulling away there.

The same in PA. I really felt the state of WV was reaching out , wanting someone to vote for and i never understood why the dems didn't go in here also. Maybe they did and i just missed it. McCain has been running ads in ME alot and he is within 6 in ME but that is about as close as he has in a state in the northeast.

That is true on the Atlanta area is helping out. In the elction with Hillary, she would take alot of some states and then some of the big cities would go Obama and wipe all that rural lead out. This is where the Clinton's and Biden have helped Obama in PA, NH, FL, OH.

We Trust Obama
2008 Presidential Endorsement

Crawford, TX Newspaper

http://www.lonestaricon.com/absolute...p?a=3337&z=290

Anything can happen in a month and i wouldn't think Cornyn is safe. He has a small lead it is showing for now.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) is a staunch conservative and close ally of President Bush. As a consequence, as Bush's popularity drops, so does Cornyn's. Most recently his net approval rating dipped to -3%, a warning sign for any incumbent. His opponent is state representative Rick Noriega. Still, Cornyn is the strong favorite.

Today it is showing Hagan up 9 over Dole. In MS, Chambliss is only up 1 on Martin. Remember this election will have a huge turnout. Atleast i feel it will and when the ballot has these senate and house races along with the pres race, big turnout, and if people vote change, it could be amazing with people like Chambliss, Dole, Cornyn, Sununu and maybe McConnell. The Udall brothers are probably helping Obama in NM and CO. Bill Richardson is also. Cornyn had double digit leads and it is slowly dropping down and is at 7 now.

Real Clear Politics....

In a state that has voted Republican in the last seven presidential elections and where the GOP holds 19 of the 32 congressional districts, Sen. John Cornyn should not have too much trouble retaining his seat against a little-known state legislator.

However, Cornyn's approval ratings have not been excellent and early polls showed that he could be vulnerable to a Democratic challenge. After more high-profile candidates decided not to run -- including Houston Mayor Bill White -- Democrats settled on state Rep. Rick Noriega.

Cornyn's fundraising abilities allows him a key advantage in this enormous state. Through the first quarter, Cornyn had far outraised Noriega and still had close to $9 million in the bank.

The re-election of Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison and Gov. Rick Perry in the Democratic year of 2006 gives Cornyn reason for optimism that he's not as vulnerable as some polls suggested.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #565
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Some good news for McCain. Lead to 3 in this poll just before the debate.

Obama has 3-point national lead on McCain

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081007/..._politics_poll

Democrat Barack Obama has a narrow 3-point lead in the U.S. presidential race on Republican John McCain less than a month before the election, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll released on Tuesday.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #566
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I love how all these polls have tightened a little bit.

This is like when Dwyane Wade scratches his elbow and then comes back out later.

Obamas poll numbers will magically move back where they were a couple of days ago and the media will proclaim "Look at that debate bounce!! He was fantastic!!"
Old 10-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #567
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I love how all these polls have tightened a little bit.

This is like when Dwyane Wade scratches his elbow and then comes back out later.

Obamas poll numbers will magically move back where they were a couple of days ago and the media will proclaim "Look at that debate bounce!! He was fantastic!!"
Come on, you know good and well, that this debate will be against Obama and the polls will show McCain taking the lead. I believe most of these polls are cooked up, and the real poll would suggest that McCain has had the lead all the time. But, I do believe it is a close race, but to me McCain has had the lead for a long time. I also think there will be some very crucial blue states "Magically" turn red for some reason But, we all know it is not "Magic' dont we!
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #568
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
Come on, you know good and well, that this debate will be against Obama and the polls will show McCain taking the lead. I believe most of these polls are cooked up, and the real poll would suggest that McCain has had the lead all the time. But, I do believe it is a close race, but to me McCain has had the lead for a long time. I also think there will be some very crucial blue states "Magically" turn red for some reason But, we all know it is not "Magic' dont we!
Just a question?
Is the media corrupt here?
The polling places?
The government?
The system?

Where is the corruption here? or is polling and statistics really not what we have been told?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #569
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202
Just a question?
Is the media corrupt here?
The polling places?
The government?
The system?

Where is the corruption here? or is polling and statistics really not what we have been told?
I dont think the polling and stats have been correct at all. Seriously, I dont. Where are all these people they are so called Polling?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #570
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Tonight, i clearly thought Obama won the debate. I don't think anyone but Bill can compete with him in debating and that even goes for Hillary. I think Obama really hurt McCain tonight on several things and he explained things good and simple terms. Not just one policy but bascially what he stands for vs McCain and the Bush adm. Why it all ties in together. I did not see a game changer for McCain tonight and in all honesty, i think McCain went backwards. I think McCain was better not being nice, attack, be more grouchy. I know that wasn't working either but him being mr nice guy was worse but that is just my opinion.

Things that have tore down the republicans this election and these debates is they have always said, abortion, gay people, taxes, nra and guns and scare people that the dems will take things from them as the reps will ride into your town and rein money down on you and you not have much tax. All that has changed and evrytime republicans use the word taxes, it totally backfires and makes them look bad.

Obama explains his and also he then throws it back on Mac, about him tied to the hip with Bush/Cheney on republicans love big spending. One other point also. Republicans want all regulations off or dude use to tell me, no gov regulating business. It's better to let business and free markets run and not regulate them at all. Remember me telling you about the clean air act and stripping regulations and pollute as you see fit. No prob, dump it in our lakes and oceans. Alot of it is big oil.

Guess who took regulations off the last 8 years and Mac saying and votting no regulations. Do you think alot of people are going to like when they look at their 401k and find it has been stripped. People and workers will demand answers, like Enron. It will probably be alot of Enrons in the next years in alot of business. Not just oil. People losing alot in retirement plans and them wanting answers.

This is really hurting McCain and the republican platform, they are not talking about taxes, abortion, gay rights, the nra, making the statements, we need less gov regulation in our businesses. They are avoiding all what republicans stand for with a ten foot pole. I should say what alot of republicans stand for.

No, i do not know how they can use these things because like Obama says, we have tried it the last 8 years that way and then everyone just hushes up. That is why you hear McCain and Palin say these words over and over again, Maverick, Surge, Not experienced(but he lost alot of that word when he got Palin). So i feel it was very bad planning and his advisers have done a very bad job. The facts are, McCain has a big weight around him, where he can't move with Bush/Cheney. Is that hard for his advisers to figure out? They don't hammer out on what republicans normally do as the main thing, Obama wins on taxes and turns the tables on them. So give McCain something to talk about and bring up. Surge, Maverick, Baracuda, My Friends, Experience is not turning peoples heads when he repeats these words. Even when he mentions experience, Obama links him to old broken down politics the last 26 or 28 years.

The people running McCain is doing a very poor job, making blunder after blunder. Maybe it is because Obama's team is brilliant and plus bad times and the fact Obama can talk like Bill Clinton and hammer the point home. I was in amazement when he debated Hillary and Hillary is good but he won.

I call it like i see it and the other debates was close and even Palin handled herself good against Biden. She didn't answer a few things and Biden was great but hey, she did good. I just feel the polls are going the wrong way after this debate for McCain. Obama seperated himself more tonight and pulled ahead more. You know what is crazy? Obama brings up taxes, gay rights, gov regulations, social security, values, more than McCain. He has turned things into a plus for what reps attack dems on. He actually attacks McCain on them and what he is suppose to stand for. I find this amazing.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #571
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

It seems after one party has been in, like Clinton and the dems, then the people boot them all out. Gore, Kerry and then they get tired of the other party and boot them all out or alot of them. Remember when the congress and senate went republican with rep pres for like 6 years and then the people cleaned house booting them. They did the same booting all the dems to. It looks like we are in those times again and it started two years ago when dems started sweeping back the congress and senate and doesn't look like it is going to stop.

How long will it last, 4 or 8 years? Don't know, but if history holds up, 4 or 6 and maybe 8 years, they will boot all the dems back out.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #572
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Looking at some of the polls today. PA is really pulling away for Obama and it was mentioned also they have a huge number of registered voters in PA. They didn't say who for as we don't know how new people vote but probably good for Obama.

Wisc and MN Obama seems to be pulling away. Let me say this, in Wisc i see one poll 10 and one Wisc poll 5. Maybe Mac has some kind of shot in Wisc but very outside. Pulled out of MI. Now NH is pulling away for Obama. McCain has to take a blue state or two to win this election. The blue states are running out.

If McCain has some good news and for McCain supporters, maybe it is a glimmer of hope as McCain has closed in NC to even or maybe a tad up but everytime he moves out of FL, OH, NC, VA, CO, NV, IN or Mo, Obama and Biden visit and move in. McCain is going to have to sweep these. McCain will have to look forward from a week from now and the next debate to try to change things once again.

I could be wrong and maybe the public saw McCain winning tonight and it show up in the polls but i saw this one as a clear cut win for Obama. They have stayed on the economy way to long and that is where a guy like Romney can talk in the republican party. This has also hurt McCain but his team should give him something to hammer home and stay on track.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #573
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Real Clear Politics has a map that is what will happen.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ama_vs_mccain/

Count the leaners that McCain has and the ones Obama has because both will get the leaners. If anything, GA could possibly fall to blue but i doubt this. I think McCain takes GA, unless something crazy happens.

This is 264 votes for Obama. Now these are solid and no flukes. Imo he has locked up 264 and it takes 270 to win. Nope i do not think Mac can win Mi, Wi, Mn, or Pa. Those are where he had to make a dent in. He won't. Obama will win these going away. All the states that have no color is what is up for grabs. Let's give the Mac every state but NV. Then it is a 269 vote tie and this is why Mac is fighting for that 1 ev in ME and Obama is fighting for the 1 ev in Neb. In case of a tie. In a certain district in each of those states.

When is the last time you have seen a democrat in IN and NE? He won't even get close to NE but he wants that 1 ev to make sure of a win. This is how it is broke down. This is the only remaining states up for grabs.

1.OH
2.FL
3.NC
4.VA
5.IN
6.MO
7.CO
8.NV

The only three others that it is any kind of miracle for the other is GA could flip blue but would take a mircale. WV, the same thing to turn blue. Then Mac could also win NM with a miracle. If Mac sweeps those 8 states he is our new pres. If he wins 7 of those states and loses NV, we have a tie. If he wins 7 states, including NV and loses any other 1 state, Mac loses. In the end, IA was so important, NH and NM has turned out to be. Now the dems and this means the Clintons also wth Biden, Obama will make rounds in those 8 states. Finally the reps are letting Palin out of the cage, they put her in and letting her hit those 8 states with Big Mac.

It is an uphill battle for the Mac. So polling in those 8 states is where you need to look and to get very deep, you can also keep up with NM, WV, and GA and take any of those off the radar screen if the reps start going away with WV and GA or Obama starts pulling away double digits in NM.

A few comments on these states. Most or alot of these states are republican and it is no way some of these should be swing states. Maybe this is a plus for Mac, that he can sway them to vote republican again. Mac/Libberman have really lost touch with independents. IA and independents Obama must be so thankful for. The Independents are giving Big Mac ever chance to persuade them to vote for the Mac/Palin ticket. Tell us something, talk to us and look what him and Palin are talking about. In this last debate Mac did something really off the wall, he wants to bail out all home owners with another borrowed 300 billion. If a republican has any probs with this adm, is some responsible and clear thinking republicans can't stand these bail outs and borrowing money.

Pat Buchanan started laughing because he has pulled for Mac, taking up for him and trying to pull him thru this and Pat busted out laughing because Mac finally got the republican base after a long battle and then he mentioned this wild policy in the debate? Pat was like, oh no, i hope the republican base stays with us. I know Mac is grasping for straws but he needs to grasp where the people want to hear.

Something else to watch closely and i promise what i am fixing to mention, is very, very important and will be for years to come. If Lizzy Dole loses in NC it will be a major, major loss for the republican party and mark my words on this. It shows her and Hagan about a tie now. Remember all these new registered voters and will they vote dem or rep? If NC starts breaking down more with dems in the former red state, watch out. Then the south starts to tumble some and blue starts comming down into the red and no more strong hold. They still have a big red stronghold for now but break it down some each time and shrink that red base, plus pour over the borders a lil more with blue. Watch that race in NC and i do not know who will win it.

MN is blue and and would be an embarrasement to Coleman and the rep party if Al Franken wins in MN. From the stand point of dems getting a majority in the senate, yes it is important but MN is a blue state where NC is red and you are tearing down the south and getting close to a majority if Dole gets upset.

Alaska is one of the redest states it is and i venture to say, will never be blue. If Stevens can stay out of jail as some of his buddies are testifing against him, he still has a shot at winning. What is he, close to 90 years old? Him and Begich is close. Again this race just helps with the dems getting closer to a majority. Mark Warner is up 30 in VA and is taking over another republicans seat that has retired and VA is like NC. This is huge for all the same reasons Dole and NC is.

The other total shocker is Chambliss in GA. This guy is almost like a Cornyn or McConnell. They show him up 1 pt in GA.

Just remember these names i am telling you and jot them down and if you see where any one of these names get beat in one month it is not good at all for the rep party. I will also rank them in the order i see them being the very worst for the rep party.

1.McConnell
2.Chambliss
3.Cornyn
4.Dole(i wouldn't argue the fact if you say Dole should be at 1 spot)
5.Smith(dems want this one bad)
5.Wicker(terrible loss for reps in south, if it happened)
6.Lindsey Graham(same here but he is safer)
7.Coleman(embarrasing)
8.Sununu
9.Stevens
10.Collins(i think she will hold for the reps)

Not all of these will fall because this is the core in alot of ways in the rep party. These are just a few of the strong holds they have. The dems are going after the core main ones. It is a few left off that list i may add to be fair where the republican is clearly going to win(Lamar Alexander). Watch in the weeks to come of the money pouring in after alot of those top 10.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #574
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

Obama has this election in the bag. He's going to take the entire Northeast, including New Hampshire, the last outpost of Yankee Republicanism, along with most of the rust belt and the entire West Coast. In addition to taking Nevada, Colorado & New Mexico, where the emerging Democratic majority is making it's voice heard, he's liable to take Virginia and North Carolina, two traditionally Republican states.

The Democratic party is emerging as the consensus national party while the Republican party is slowly turning into a rump regional party of the deep south and the mountain west.

President is overrated though. What matters is the tallies in congress and the Dems are looking to pickup 10-15 extra seats in the House and at least 5-6 seats in the Senate. That's not filibuster proof and certainly not close to the hegemony enjoyed by the Dems from past eras, but is a clear majority to get some progressive legislation passed.
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #575
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yankee Republicanism
We prefer "Republicanality"
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #576
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitome22
Obama has this election in the bag. He's going to take the entire Northeast, including New Hampshire, the last outpost of Yankee Republicanism, along with most of the rust belt and the entire West Coast. In addition to taking Nevada, Colorado & New Mexico, where the emerging Democratic majority is making it's voice heard, he's liable to take Virginia and North Carolina, two traditionally Republican states.

The Democratic party is emerging as the consensus national party while the Republican party is slowly turning into a rump regional party of the deep south and the mountain west.

President is overrated though. What matters is the tallies in congress and the Dems are looking to pickup 10-15 extra seats in the House and at least 5-6 seats in the Senate. That's not filibuster proof and certainly not close to the hegemony enjoyed by the Dems from past eras, but is a clear majority to get some progressive legislation passed.
I wouldn't crown the future quite yet.

the Democrats won't always have the poster mascot for anti-republicanism sitting at 1600 Penn avenue giving them free access to public outrage and sputtering indignation. Once W/Cheney leave the scene, Dems are not going to be able to just run against his spectre, and are going to have to actually PRODUCE something. That will be a real test
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #577
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitome22

You have hit the nail on the head. Your post is so true. Times are changing and i know what i am talking about because i live it. Let me give you a short run down and this is a very small thing but it is happening all over. Let me say that i have some very close friends and family members that are huge republicans. Most can't stand McCain. They are now begging for Hillary and Romney back and either for them would be ok. Most of them like Hillary better than McCain and these are republicans. I know a musician datting someone kin to me that went to one of the debates and he is a democrat but his g/f and family are big republicans. He got to sit with politicians you know and some that ran against Obama and McCain and lost. It is pressure on him, oh how can you vote for a democrat? Then he looks at McCain and thinks, how does anyone vote for him? One of the guys he sat with and talked to thru the debate was Romney but also dems sit close to him and talked also.

What is best for one person isn't best for another and you must use your own mind, you can't have your vote hijacked, swiftboated or bought out. People must vote like they want to and never be told or shamed into how to vote or be told how. Alot of republicans i know are scratching their heads thinking and saying, i didn't want all our businesses run by gov, i didn't want wall street run by the gov and the gov taking over running everything it is to run. Guess who is suppose to be against this? Republicans. They want a free market without a bunch of restrictions and gov runned. Guess who is making our counrty going to be gov run and their hand in every thing we do or buy or any business? George W Bush and Dick Cheney. Republicans. Republicans drove our country to be goverment run. Ron paul, Dennis K and others have warned everyone about this. Now it has already happened.

What they say they stand for, is the opposite of what they are doing and leading our country to be. Gov controlled and gov run. They lifting restrictions off wallstreet, oil companies, borrowed money and ran our economy into the ground, selling us to China. Now look where we are. The good ole boys threw a big party running those charge cards up and now the party is over. It is time to come back to reality and reality is, China wanting some money back, China saying ok we will settle for some of your biggest businesses, your nicest pieces of prime real estate. None of this is good but it took two terms of the good ole boys spending and a republican party for the most part, not all but most that said well if you can't beat em, join em. The ones that fought back are not in good terms with the republican party, retirring or like John McSame that tucked his tail and joined them.

The party is over. Something else, read what the Bradley effect is and these republicans preaching to you in private, are you going to really vote for a democrat and be sure to think when you pull that handle and no one is watching. Guess what i am hearing now? Reverse Bradley effect will happen this election. That musician might try to be shamed and told whom to vote for and even many republicans are going to go in that votting booth and are going to pull the handle for Obama and Biden. These are republicans i am talking about. Then they will come out and say i am glad that is over and tell their friends and family, well that is sad ole McCain/Palin lost. That is reverse Bradley effect. They can't tell whom they voted for and pretend to vote for Mac because that is what "THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO DO AND TOLD".

Remember the two times Clinton won? You couldn't find anyone who votted for him. Why? That wasn't the norm and you were suppose to act ill and bad that a democrat won but many many republicans votted for him but they couldn't tell this. They hid. One good thing about our country, is we are comming out of this and not all are hiding anymore and are proud of their vote. Compare our country and our economics when Clinton/Gore ran this country and when Bush/Cheney ran the country. No conntest. It was many more responsible republicans when Clinton was in office also and not the radical dangerous neocon republicans like now.

McCain/Palin has nothing to talk on or about. All they can do is sling mud and try to steal the election but it won't happen this time. Even people are rising up in the south and saying "Not This Time". If the republicans do not listen, wise up and follow someone that knows then they will keep falling. The democrats did this right after Clinton was out. They did not take resonsibility and tried the blame game. It didn't work and they got thrown out. They came back strong but also listening. Some republicans have split from the neocons and want their party back but they know they can't get it untill the cowboys are out. They will have two years for a test to see who is ahead of the republican party and what path to take or will they follow another radical. I think they will get smart after getting booted from the senate, house and pres. It took this for the dems to wise up again.

The only bad thing, the last 8 years has left us in bad shape. It is going to be hard but we are the greatest nation in the world and we can come back faster and better than anyone and we will. Giving all our money to the middle east and China wasn't the best policy. Even some responsible republicans tried to tell the cowboys this.

Bush/Cheney has made it possible to elect a woman pres, a black pres. They have made our country going to be alot more gov run. They have taught the American people that our money is play money, blow it and borrow more. Life is nothing but a party. That is so far from the truth. They have also put a big dent and hole in the south on "trying to make them think and act" the way they want. They have tore down alot of the republican south to where the south is going more democratic. It was sad it took 3 people to wreck the country to get alot of the good things comming now. Not all is good because having our coutry gov run doesn't sound to good. McCain saying vote for me and i'll buy out all bad house loans and bail out not only big business but everyone in the USA? What kind of wild idea is this? Are we sure, what a republican even stands for now.

Mr Newt, i am telling you now and you can take it for what it's worth, the party needs a leader and no more followers and the neocon way won't work as you already have said and know. Don't play softball, kick the radicals out, and go back to building our country, jobs, make our dollar strong again, make us the nation people look up to, let us make good products and stop with all the cheap China stuff. We are better than this. Stop selling our country to China and the middle east, we are not for sale. The Democrats are this Mr Newt and you can be the leader or try to bring the republican party back to help with all checks and balances but the short lived radical way is out the door.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #578
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

So everything Bush/Cheney has done and yes most of it is bad but not all is.

It has opened the eyes of people in the south in a way it hasn't been in along time. Like some in here have said also, the younger is comming up and older is going out with the old south. So Bush/Cheney has made it possible alot sooner than it would have been to elect a woman, black, hispanic and even someday soon maybe a mormon. Bush/Cheney has tore down the south. So not all has been bad but they have brought alot of pain and sorrow in many other ways.

I found it interesting last night, msnbc had the gov of nc on. He is a dem. He said he has been seeing some white people in rural nc, riding around with their country music bumping the pick up trucks, rebel flags waving and OBAMA bumper stickers all over their pick up trucks. Yep, Bush and Cheney has brought about a new south alright.

You can fool some of the people sometime but you can't fool all the people all the time. Epitome is right what he said. Read his post and he is right. The house and senate is huge. Obama's people and staff was simply brilliant this election and you are going to watch money pour into some of these house and senate races. Places and people that were not suppose to lose or a democrat to even have a chance.

As far as Obama running against Dick Cheney. When someone takes a crap on your head as this adm did on McCain and told of his babies in SC and all the shame they brought on this man and then they threatnen to kick him out if he did not join the radicals, then he joins to where now he hires those same people that told of him fathering other babies, of Kerry's swiftboat, and now attacking and trying to sling mud on Obama/Biden, well Obama has every right to run against Dick Cheney and George W Bush because you have a spitting image of them in John McNasty McSame.

It is sad because at one time he did believe in things he believed in and was not a puppet. He did things his way, no matter whos toes he stepped on. The man lost all he ever stood for when he joined the radical neocon party a few years ago. The neocons believe in the middle east and most of the Americans believe in the good ole USA. Mac will be lucky to ever stay in the senate now and may have to join Cheney, Rummy, Bush in Crawford. The politicing days are close to over.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #579
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Some of the senate polls today show Chambliss up 3 to 6. Franken is showing up +6 on Coleman. Coleman now i see has had some run ins on maybe what people think are gifts he has received. It seems this is turning into a big issue and his people can't answer some of the questions. It is getting very serious for him and now it is no fluke, Franken does have a real shot at beating him.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #580
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

"The democrats did this right after Clinton was out. They did not take resonsibility and tried the blame game. It didn't work and they got thrown out. They came back strong but also listening."

What a different reality you live in. If you think this Congress is strong, you've been sleeping for the last couple of years. Name one thing they have accomplished after getting a mandate for change. What we've seen from Pelosi and Barney Franks, is what you want for a couple years?

Stop with the Clinton-Gore economy. Clinton didn't have 9-11, which he had a big hand in allowing to happen, and his dot com economy was in full crash mode when he left office. Move the current situation happening in Feb if you want to be honest. Clinton just happened to be in the bathroom when the check was presented. Saying the last eight years are failed policy is assuming that the Dems would been able to maintain a growing economy, which we had for most of Bush's term, after all the challenges of the this administration.

Gotta wonder how Clinton would have done without taking office after the fall of the Soviet Union or if he had been the one facing Saddam's invasion of Kuwait. His first two years were an abject failure. He lost the majority in both houses of Congress for the first time in 60 years. I notice you seem to skip over Republican Congressional majorities during his administration when handing out bouquets.

I wouldn't get cocky just yet. It's not over for a few weeks.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 AM   #581
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Report: Voter purges in 6 states may violate law

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/...e/voter_purges
Old 10-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #582
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse
"The democrats did this right after Clinton was out. They did not take resonsibility and tried the blame game. It didn't work and they got thrown out. They came back strong but also listening."

What a different reality you live in. If you think this Congress is strong, you've been sleeping for the last couple of years. Name one thing they have accomplished after getting a mandate for change. What we've seen from Pelosi and Barney Franks, is what you want for a couple years?

No, the congress approval is very, very low and maybe the lowest in history. Let's see who makes gains or losses seats in the congress and the senate. You may well be right and it will be very good pick ups for the republicans in the house and senate but my prediction will be the dems will pick up even more in the house and senate. We can give our opinions but the American people will decide and we have to wait four weeks to see as a whole, which party picks up seats.

Stop with the Clinton-Gore economy. Clinton didn't have 9-11, which he had a big hand in allowing to happen, and his dot com economy was in full crash mode when he left office. Move the current situation happening in Feb if you want to be honest. Clinton just happened to be in the bathroom when the check was presented. Saying the last eight years are failed policy is assuming that the Dems would been able to maintain a growing economy, which we had for most of Bush's term, after all the challenges of the this administration.

I happen to have republican friends that would beg for Clinton back in office. I have one republican friend that had so much money when Clinton was in office it isn't funny. As his republican friends complained about Clinton, he said i have made more money under him than anytime in his life and he wanted to be able to vote for him again for 12 years in office. This same friend, has went from very wealthy to banks taking most of what he owns away from him now. He is still a republican because that is what his parents told him to be but he now he is broke. He told me other day he has not seen times this hard and he he as a republican is very upset with Bush and our economy. Remember i mentioned reverse Bradley effect? When he pulls the lever as a republican and walks out, i wouldn't be a bit surprised if he votes Obama. It will never be known but yes i do feel Obama is going to win and i am very proud but not all republicans i know are happy with this adm. Bill Clinton, Gore, Newt, Dole and others can run circles around knowing how to run a gov comparred to the cowboys we have in the adm now. Those were democrats and republicans that were smart and had since enough to get in out of the rain. None of them have to have excuses on good jobs they did. Ask Newt if we was better off in the days he was in office.

Gotta wonder how Clinton would have done without taking office after the fall of the Soviet Union or if he had been the one facing Saddam's invasion of Kuwait. His first two years were an abject failure. He lost the majority in both houses of Congress for the first time in 60 years. I notice you seem to skip over Republican Congressional majorities during his administration when handing out bouquets.

Oh no, i like Newt, he is a republican, he isn't a radical neocon. Why do you think the neocons are trying to kick Chuck hagel out, why John Waner retired, why Colin Powell was kicked to the curb and why the cowboys don't care for Richard Lugar? These are republicans hat stand up for what they believe. Those are Mavericks. Now again you are hitting on congress and with your prejections, with the house at it's all time low, then the dems should lose alot of seats in the house and senate. Am i reading you right? If i was you, i wouldn't get so cocky. You might be surprised on who takes more house and senate seats and also whom the next pres could be.

I wouldn't get cocky just yet. It's not over for a few weeks.
I agree we have 4 more weeks and that is along time but i am confident that people are watching and seeing what i am. It is a big difference between the two running and i am confident that the majority of the people are going to like the Obama/Palin plan better than the McCain/Palin plan.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #583
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Obama/Biden plan.

Polls at Real Clear Politics

Virginia PPP (D) Obama 51, McCain 43 Obama +8(VA Win For Obama Means Obama Wins)
New Hampshire ARG Obama 52, McCain 43 Obama +9
Montana ARG McCain 50, Obama 45 McCain +5
National GW/Battleground Tracking Obama 48, McCain 45 Obama +3
Pennsylvania Strategic Vision (R) Obama 54, McCain 40 Obama +14
Georgia Strategic Vision (R) McCain 50, Obama 43 McCain +7
Texas ARG McCain 57, Obama 38 McCain +19
Ohio ARG Obama 48, McCain 45 Obama +3(Mac can't lose here)
Minnesota ARG Obama 47, McCain 46 Obama +1(Nice gain for Mac but other polls show this differ)
Missouri ARG McCain 49, Obama 46 McCain +3
West Virginia ARG McCain 42, Obama 50 Obama +8(Where this came from i do not know. I thought Mac was up in WV)

National Gallup Tracking Obama 52, McCain 41 Obama +11
National Rasmussen Tracking Obama 50, McCain 45 Obama +5
National Hotline/FD Tracking Obama 47, McCain 41 Obama +6
National Reuters/CSpan/Zogby Tracking Obama 48, McCain 44 Obama + 4
Old 10-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #584
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

I think there were some serious flaws in the WV one. That hasn't been a very heavily polled state, though, so who knows.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #585
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough
Smile

Quote:
[I] I wouldn't get cocky just yet. It's not over for a few weeks.
Care to make a wager?

If you don't like the odds of the big race (I sure wouldn't if I was GOP) I'm open to wagering how many house and senate seats your party loses.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #586
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

I did think, was WV a mistake? I have looked at that state alot and it seemed to me they wanted someone to come talk to them as it seemed to take forever for wv to start going with McCain. Maybe Obama is working wv but i never hear about it. Then i see this and it could be possible because PA has broke Obama in a good way, NC and VA we are seeing something we have never seen before. WV is right in that area. I hope they do more polls on WV. I put WV and GA a long shot yesterday for Obama that McCain should win. I did the same with NM being a long shot for Mac with Obama winning. I did think and i still do feel Obama will win PA MN, Wi and Mi but i see a poll today with Obama up 1 in MN.

McCain has to many states to defend.

When is the last time we have seen things like this?

'Rednecks for Obama' want to bridge yawning culture gap

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/enterta...g-culture-gap/

When Barack Obama's campaign bus made a swing through Missouri in July, the unlikeliest of supporters were waiting for him -- or rather two of them, holding the banner: "Rednecks for Obama."

In backing the first African-American nominee of a major party for the US presidency, the pair are on a grassroots mission to bridge a cultural gap in the United States and help usher their preferred candidate into the White House.

Tony Viessman, 74, and Les Spencer, 60, got politically active last year when it occurred to them there must be other lower income, rural, beer-drinking, gun-loving, NASCAR race enthusiasts fed up with business as usual in Washington.

Viessman had a red, white and blue "Rednecks for Obama" banner made, and began causing a stir in Missouri, which has emerged as a key battleground in the run-up to the November 4 presidential election.

"I didn't expect it would get as much steam and attention as it's gotten," Spencer told AFP on the campus of Washington University in Saint Louis, the state's biggest city and site of last week's vice-presidential debate.

"We believe in him. He's the best person for the job," Viessman, a former state trooper from Rolla, said of Obama, who met the pair briefly on that July day in Union, Missouri.

The candidate bounded off his bus and jogged back towards a roadside crowd to shake hands with the men holding the banner.

"He said 'This is incredible'," Spencer recalled.

It's been an unexpectedly gratifying run, Viessman said.

Rednecks4obama.com claims more than 800,000 online visits. In Denver, Colorado, Viessman and Spencer drew crowds at the Democratic convention, and at Washington University last Thursday they were two of the most popular senior citizens on campus.

"I'm shocked, actually, but excited" that such a demographic would be organizing support for Obama, said student Naia Ferguson, 18, said after hamming it up for pictures behind the banner.

"When most people think 'redneck,' they think conservatives, anti-change, even anti-integration," she said. "But America's changing, breaking stereotypes."

A southern comedian, Jeff Foxworthy, defines the stereotype as a "glorious lack of sophistication".

Philistines or not, he said, most rural southerners are no longer proponents of the Old South's most abhorrent ideology -- racism -- and that workaday issues such as the economy are dominating this year's election.

"We need to build the economy from the bottom up, none of this trickle down business," Spencer said. "Just because you're white and southern don't mean you have to vote Republican."
To an important degree, however, race is still the elephant in the polling booth, experts say, and according to a recent Stanford University poll, Obama could lose six points on election day due to his color.

Racism "has softened up some, but it's still there," Viessman acknowledged from Belmont University, site of Tuesday's McCain-Obama debate in Nashville, Tennessee.

Despite representing the heartland state of Illinois, and having a more working-class upbringing than his Republican rival John McCain, Obama has struggled to shoot down the impression that he is an arugula-eating elitist.

Surely he alienated many rural voters earlier this year when the Harvard-educated senator told a fundraiser that some blue-collar voters "cling to guns or religion".

But Viessman, who says he owns a dozen guns, said Obama "ain't gonna take your guns away."

The South traditionally votes Republican -- victories for southerners Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter were exceptions -- but with less than a month to election day, four states in or bordering the South are considered toss-ups: Florida, Missouri, North Carolina and Virginia.

Viessman says he'd like to think his grassroots movement could sway enough people in small-town America to make a difference.

"There's lots of other rednecks for Obama too," he said. "And the ones that's not, we're trying our best to convince them."
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM   #587
Epitome22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno
You have hit the nail on the head. Your post is so true. Times are changing and i know what i am talking about because i live it. Let me give you a short run down and this is a very small thing but it is happening all over. Let me say that i have some very close friends and family members that are huge republicans. Most can't stand McCain. They are now begging for Hillary and Romney back and either for them would be ok. Most of them like Hillary better than McCain and these are republicans. I know a musician datting someone kin to me that went to one of the debates and he is a democrat but his g/f and family are big republicans. He got to sit with politicians you know and some that ran against Obama and McCain and lost. It is pressure on him, oh how can you vote for a democrat? Then he looks at McCain and thinks, how does anyone vote for him? One of the guys he sat with and talked to thru the debate was Romney but also dems sit close to him and talked also.

What is best for one person isn't best for another and you must use your own mind, you can't have your vote hijacked, swiftboated or bought out. People must vote like they want to and never be told or shamed into how to vote or be told how. Alot of republicans i know are scratching their heads thinking and saying, i didn't want all our businesses run by gov, i didn't want wall street run by the gov and the gov taking over running everything it is to run. Guess who is suppose to be against this? Republicans. They want a free market without a bunch of restrictions and gov runned. Guess who is making our counrty going to be gov run and their hand in every thing we do or buy or any business? George W Bush and Dick Cheney. Republicans. Republicans drove our country to be goverment run. Ron paul, Dennis K and others have warned everyone about this. Now it has already happened.

What they say they stand for, is the opposite of what they are doing and leading our country to be. Gov controlled and gov run. They lifting restrictions off wallstreet, oil companies, borrowed money and ran our economy into the ground, selling us to China. Now look where we are. The good ole boys threw a big party running those charge cards up and now the party is over. It is time to come back to reality and reality is, China wanting some money back, China saying ok we will settle for some of your biggest businesses, your nicest pieces of prime real estate. None of this is good but it took two terms of the good ole boys spending and a republican party for the most part, not all but most that said well if you can't beat em, join em. The ones that fought back are not in good terms with the republican party, retirring or like John McSame that tucked his tail and joined them.

The party is over. Something else, read what the Bradley effect is and these republicans preaching to you in private, are you going to really vote for a democrat and be sure to think when you pull that handle and no one is watching. Guess what i am hearing now? Reverse Bradley effect will happen this election. That musician might try to be shamed and told whom to vote for and even many republicans are going to go in that votting booth and are going to pull the handle for Obama and Biden. These are republicans i am talking about. Then they will come out and say i am glad that is over and tell their friends and family, well that is sad ole McCain/Palin lost. That is reverse Bradley effect. They can't tell whom they voted for and pretend to vote for Mac because that is what "THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO DO AND TOLD".

Remember the two times Clinton won? You couldn't find anyone who votted for him. Why? That wasn't the norm and you were suppose to act ill and bad that a democrat won but many many republicans votted for him but they couldn't tell this. They hid. One good thing about our country, is we are comming out of this and not all are hiding anymore and are proud of their vote. Compare our country and our economics when Clinton/Gore ran this country and when Bush/Cheney ran the country. No conntest. It was many more responsible republicans when Clinton was in office also and not the radical dangerous neocon republicans like now.

McCain/Palin has nothing to talk on or about. All they can do is sling mud and try to steal the election but it won't happen this time. Even people are rising up in the south and saying "Not This Time". If the republicans do not listen, wise up and follow someone that knows then they will keep falling. The democrats did this right after Clinton was out. They did not take resonsibility and tried the blame game. It didn't work and they got thrown out. They came back strong but also listening. Some republicans have split from the neocons and want their party back but they know they can't get it untill the cowboys are out. They will have two years for a test to see who is ahead of the republican party and what path to take or will they follow another radical. I think they will get smart after getting booted from the senate, house and pres. It took this for the dems to wise up again.

The only bad thing, the last 8 years has left us in bad shape. It is going to be hard but we are the greatest nation in the world and we can come back faster and better than anyone and we will. Giving all our money to the middle east and China wasn't the best policy. Even some responsible republicans tried to tell the cowboys this.

Bush/Cheney has made it possible to elect a woman pres, a black pres. They have made our country going to be alot more gov run. They have taught the American people that our money is play money, blow it and borrow more. Life is nothing but a party. That is so far from the truth. They have also put a big dent and hole in the south on "trying to make them think and act" the way they want. They have tore down alot of the republican south to where the south is going more democratic. It was sad it took 3 people to wreck the country to get alot of the good things comming now. Not all is good because having our coutry gov run doesn't sound to good. McCain saying vote for me and i'll buy out all bad house loans and bail out not only big business but everyone in the USA? What kind of wild idea is this? Are we sure, what a republican even stands for now.

Mr Newt, i am telling you now and you can take it for what it's worth, the party needs a leader and no more followers and the neocon way won't work as you already have said and know. Don't play softball, kick the radicals out, and go back to building our country, jobs, make our dollar strong again, make us the nation people look up to, let us make good products and stop with all the cheap China stuff. We are better than this. Stop selling our country to China and the middle east, we are not for sale. The Democrats are this Mr Newt and you can be the leader or try to bring the republican party back to help with all checks and balances but the short lived radical way is out the door.
Basically, American politics for my entire adult life has been defined by the conservative movement. The one that began with Barry Goldwater in 1964 and was crystallized in the Reagan era. Even during times when a Democrat was in the Whitehouse or liberal Democrats had a paper majority in one of the houses in congress they were still largely relegated to rearguard action against the ascendancy of the conservative movement. November 2006 was the first time that movement was halted or slowed down in any meaningful way and 2008 looks to be yet another setback. I would be cautious in proclaiming it dead but for anyone who doesn't believe in the wonders of unfettered free markets, tax cuts as a prescription for any public problem or a foreign policy centered around a militant neo-imperialism this is an exciting time to be an American.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #588
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

What is sad, is it took 8 years to wake people up. You use to not have to look for votes in the south if you was republican. The American people are tired of being told one thing, then treated as something else and you do right the opposite. I could go in alot of details but i won't now.

I think alot of people feel betrayed and duked and especially alot from the south. You know it took a person like George W Bush, Dick Cheney and i must mention Rumsfield also because he is a big part of it to tear down the words conservative. It has put a halt to conservatism and people noticed how not passionate it was in 2006. You are very right but i feel it was many followers, not leaders and many were told how to act, how to vote, what to believe in and what not to believe in.

It took an adm like we have now and this total breakdown in our economy. I knew this was comming. I did safeguard from the crash. It is sad it had to come to this and people lose so so much to see what was happening and that certain people was not looking out for their best interest. It has happened now and not only by a little bit but when is the last time you have seen Rednecks For Obama? Rebel flags flying in NC pick up trucks, Haggard playing and bumper stickers, "Obama"? Nascar events and Obama supporters getting in Nascar. Bush has not only tore down the word conservative but is tearing down the south.

You are right and i won't proclaim it's dead but i see this adm has damaged the movement so much and will any pick up the pieces and carry it ahead and where the American people will trust that word again.

The key words now are Maverick, surge, but Big Mac needs to explain why alot of peoples 401k plan doesn't have much in it anymore and just why and how we got in this shape. These are things the conservative movement doesn't want to talk about. It was a reason why Mac was saying our economy was in good shape and the same day about 4 hours later, we was in bad shape. Phil Graham saying we was ok and the American people just cry babies. Now look what we have. The people doesn't trust them anymore.

These are some very big names in the senate races and i agree this started in 2006 and i think we will see results again to benefit the democrats in the house, senate and pres but you can't bame the American people. We have tried the passinate conservatism the last 8 years and many people have felt they wasn't treated very passionately. I think in that article Rednecks For Obama it was mentioned, they was never trickled on. This concept of trickle down economics.

I am proud of the American people.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #589
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Now read this,

Bush administration debates taking part ownership in banks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081009/...ncial_meltdown

Now i have been told by some republicans they do not believe in gov running business. That gov needs to stay out. No regulations, let it run free and wide open. Now look at that above article. Are republicans sure that Bush and Cheney are republicans? Maybe republicans need to get together, call time out and have a talk on what they stand for, as a whole. What is the core of a republican.

The last time the savings and loans was going busted and many banks and savings and loands went under, guess who was in office and who was ahead of the savings and loans?

George Herbert Bush and the savings and loans man was Neil Bush. This is Georges brother. Daddy Bush begged for mercy on Neil and kept him out of the jail and relieved him of his job and had him go home and never step in the spot light again. Now George and gov wants to take part onwership of our banking system?

This crew we have now is like a big circus. It has got bad and no telling what we will see next. I just hope Obama/Biden get in sooner than later. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he got in tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 PM   #590
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
I agree we have 4 more weeks and that is along time but i am confident that people are watching and seeing what i am. It is a big difference between the two running and i am confident that the majority of the people are going to like the Obama/Palin plan better than the McCain/Palin plan.
Your friends had money because of the tech boom, not because of anything Clinton did. You may be right that Dems pickup seats, but blindly reactive reaching for change may result in an unexpected result.

But we shall see.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #591
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If Obama wins, he is probably going to get 350 or so electoral votes.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #592
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Quote:
Your friends had money because of the tech boom, not because of anything Clinton did. You may be right that Dems pickup seats, but blindly reactive reaching for change may result in an unexpected result.

But we shall see.
Clinton/Gore/Newt and Dole did not bankrupt this country. Call them lucky, call them anything you want but the facts are the facts and our country did well with them in control. None of those four would have went into Iraq either. None of them would have sold us out to China. I can go on and on.

I agree, to blindly vote for something or change and not knowing could be dangerous. I listen to Obama and i did all the way thru when he was running against Hillary. I was very impressed. I am also listening to McCain and i won't go into detail but it is sad and embarrasing.
You do not run a country on credit cards like Bush and Cheney has done. You pay as you go. I doubt it will ever be as bad of a president and vice president as we have now. I lost all respect for him when he turned into a neocon. He let upstart W Bush daddy him and McCain caved in and joined up with the neocons. I truely believe 4 more years of McCain would be eight years of W Bush. We just can't aford 4 more years of W. He will be better off drinking a Billy beer with Rummy and the boys down in Crawford.

We have let compassionate conservatism run the country the last 8 years and for 6 of those years we had a republican congress, a republican senate and a republican pres. McCain votted with the cowboys 90% of the time passing alot and getting things just like W wanted to run our country. I happen to disagree on how W and the boys has ran our country. I like the Clinton way better.

You can tell me W had a hard life and didn't have anything and was raised poor, Clinton was rich and lucky, Obama was a rich kid and had everything from a silver spoon but i think and i use my mind and i am not a follower. I vote with my own mind and no one can buy my vote or tell me how to vote. I have made my mind up who the best person is to run our country and it isn't John McCain. Before you tell me that W and this adm just can't help what they done and they are not responsible for nothing, go listen to this song called choices http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQMI7TksYo0 and we all have choices in life. Sometimes we need to listen and get advice. Sometimes we need to be surrounded by good, honest and smart people around us to help us make the right choices. Not what is the best interest group. Obama i feel is surrounded by good people and i feel will make good choices and not for special interest groups but for the American people.

After the debate other night he went to Al Gores and again i feel this is a good choice. Herbert tried to talk to W but W won't listen to his parents and he won't listen to many but will from Dick and Donald. Herbert warned him, so he had choices.

I don't believe you grow an economy from the top up and are slaves to special interest groups because when you are, they run you and you are a puppet. We need to fund Americans, we need jobs here and take care of our own. So i feel we need to focus on our country and to stop giving what money we do have to China, Saudi and giving the middle east our wealth and money when the truth is known, they don't care about us. We took out Sadam and made Iran stronger and again i feel this was a very bad choice and now Iran has no threat around them, where Iraq use to be.

This also helped take our economy down and what about lifting restrictions off wall street. How does McCain and this adm feel about this now? After blowing all this money and getting us in this far of debt, now these same republicans say they are for restrictions on business, banks, wall street and our gov run business. This is flip flopping choices.

Remember when Obama said we need someone to make the right and correct decision at first? He was referring to Hillary votting for the Iraq war. We need someone that is smart, makes good decisions the first time, not a puppet, will listen to others and seek advise from others. So no, you can't use the scare tactic on me that he may be young, his color, his name, his preacher. I have lived thru the last 8 passionate conservative years and i will make my own mind up what i think of trickle down economics and compassionate conservatism. I am not afraid of votting for Obama and you better bet he will get my vote. I don't see much compassion the last 8 years.

I am also concerned with McCains health and Sarah Palin is next in line. I feel this really is blind change. Her Joe 6 pack jokes don't do it for me, plus i am not a big hockey fan. I feel more comphy with her running Alaska and where she can keep an eye on the Russians.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #593
aquaadverse

Quote:
Clinton/Gore/Newt and Dole did not bankrupt this country. Call them lucky, call them anything you want but the facts are the facts and our country did well with them in control. None of those four would have went into Iraq either. None of them would have sold us out to China. I can go on and on.

I agree, to blindly vote for something or change and not knowing could be dangerous. I listen to Obama and i did all the way thru when he was running against Hillary. I was very impressed. I am also listening to McCain and i won't go into detail but it is sad and embarrasing.
You do not run a country on credit cards like Bush and Cheney has done. You pay as you go. I doubt it will ever be as bad of a president and vice president as we have now. I lost all respect for him when he turned into a neocon. He let upstart W Bush daddy him and McCain caved in and joined up with the neocons. I truely believe 4 more years of McCain would be eight years of W Bush. We just can't aford 4 more years of W. He will be better off drinking a Billy beer with Rummy and the boys down in Crawford.

We have let compassionate conservatism run the country the last 8 years and for 6 of those years we had a republican congress, a republican senate and a republican pres. McCain votted with the cowboys 90% of the time passing alot and getting things just like W wanted to run our country. I happen to disagree on how W and the boys has ran our country. I like the Clinton way better.

You can tell me W had a hard life and didn't have anything and was raised poor, Clinton was rich and lucky, Obama was a rich kid and had everything from a silver spoon but i think and i use my mind and i am not a follower. I vote with my own mind and no one can buy my vote or tell me how to vote. I have made my mind up who the best person is to run our country and it isn't John McCain. Before you tell me that W and this adm just can't help what they done and they are not responsible for nothing, go listen to this song called choices http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQMI7TksYo0 and we all have choices in life. Sometimes we need to listen and get advice. Sometimes we need to be surrounded by good, honest and smart people around us to help us make the right choices. Not what is the best interest group. Obama i feel is surrounded by good people and i feel will make good choices and not for special interest groups but for the American people.

After the debate other night he went to Al Gores and again i feel this is a good choice. Herbert tried to talk to W but W won't listen to his parents and he won't listen to many but will from Dick and Donald. Herbert warned him, so he had choices.

I don't believe you grow an economy from the top up and are slaves to special interest groups because when you are, they run you and you are a puppet. We need to fund Americans, we need jobs here and take care of our own. So i feel we need to focus on our country and to stop giving what money we do have to China, Saudi and giving the middle east our wealth and money when the truth is known, they don't care about us. We took out Sadam and made Iran stronger and again i feel this was a very bad choice and now Iran has no threat around them, where Iraq use to be.

This also helped take our economy down and what about lifting restrictions off wall street. How does McCain and this adm feel about this now? After blowing all this money and getting us in this far of debt, now these same republicans say they are for restrictions on business, banks, wall street and our gov run business. This is flip flopping choices.

Remember when Obama said we need someone to make the right and correct decision at first? He was referring to Hillary votting for the Iraq war. We need someone that is smart, makes good decisions the first time, not a puppet, will listen to others and seek advise from others. So no, you can't use the scare tactic on me that he may be young, his color, his name, his preacher. I have lived thru the last 8 passionate conservative years and i will make my own mind up what i think of trickle down economics and compassionate conservatism. I am not afraid of votting for Obama and you better bet he will get my vote. I don't see much compassion the last 8 years.

I am also concerned with McCains health and Sarah Palin is next in line. I feel this really is blind change. Her Joe 6 pack jokes don't do it for me, plus i am not a big hockey fan. I feel more comphy with her running Alaska and where she can keep an eye on the Russians.
What scare tactic? I'm stating fact. I have no enthusiasm for a Carter II administration. Watching his decisions on campaign challenges, it's hard to see the right decisions the first time you think he has.

Just like the Dems getting control of Congress in '06. If you want to be consistent look at our pre-'06 economy and compare those numbers. After the all the "we're not Bush" stuff is over, they're like a dog who has chased a car for a mile and finally catch it when it's parked and don't know what to do with it.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #594
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

ha really~ go obama
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #595
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Polls
------

FLORIDA (Rasmussen): Obama - 50%, McCain - 47%.
Florida Strategic Vision (R) Obama 52, McCain 44 Obama +8
GEORGIA (Rasmussen): McCain - 54%, Obama - 45%.
GEORGIA (Strategic Vision-R): McCain - 50%, Obama - 43%, Barr - 2%.
Georgia InAdv/PollPosition McCain 49, Obama 46 McCain +3.
INDIANA (Rasmussen): McCain - 50%, Obama - 43%.

MICHIGAN (Rasmussen): Obama - 56%, McCain - 40%.
MINNESOTA (Rasmussen): Obama - 52%, McCain - 45%.
MINNESOTA (ARG): Obama - 47%, McCain - 46%.

MISSOURI (ARG): McCain - 49%, Obama - 46%.
MONTANA (ARG): McCain - 50%, Obama - 45%.

NEW HAMPSHIRE (ARG): Obama - 52%, McCain - 43%.
NEW JERSEY (Fairleigh Dickinson Univ.): Obama - 50%, McCain - 37%, Others - 3%.
NEW JERSEY (Rasmussen): Obama - 50%, McCain - 42%.
NORTH CAROLINA (Civitas-R): Obama - 48%, McCain - 43%, Barr - 1%.

NORTH CAROLINA (Rasmussen): Obama - 49%, McCain - 48%.
OHIO (ARG): Obama - 48%, McCain - 45%.
Ohio InAdv/PollPosition Obama 49, McCain 44 Obama +5
PENNSYLVANIA (Strategic Vision-R): Obama - 54%, McCain - 40%.
PENNSYLVANIA (Muhlenberg College): Obama - 50%, McCain - 38%, Others - 3%.
TEXAS (ARG): McCain - 57%, Obama - 38%.
VIRGINIA (PPP-D): Obama - 51%, McCain - 43%.
WEST VIRGINIA (ARG): Obama - 50%, McCain - 42%.
WISCONSIN (Rasmussen): Obama - 54%, McCain - 44%.

Wisconsin Research 2000 Obama 51, McCain 41 Obama +10
Oregon Rasmussen Obama 54, McCain 43 Obama +11

Senate Polls
------------------

Georgia Senate InAdv/PollPosition Chambliss 45, Martin 45 Tie

Georgia Senate Strategic Vision (R) Chambliss 47, Martin 44 Chambliss + 3

Minnesota Senate Rasmussen Coleman 37, Franken 43, Barkley 17 Franken +6

New Jersey Senate Rasmussen Lautenberg 51, Zimmer 37 Lautenberg +14

New Hampshire Senate ARG Shaheen 51, Sununu 42 Shaheen +9

Virginia Senate PPP (D) Warner 58, Gilmore 31 Warner +27
Old 10-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #596
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #597
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Alabama 35% 62% Oct 08 Oct 09 SurveyUSA (Mac)
Florida 49% 44% Oct 06 Oct 08 Research 2000 (Obama)
Georgia 46% 49% Oct 09 Oct 09 Insider Advantage (Mac)
Iowa 54% 41% Oct 08 Oct 09 SurveyUSA (Obama)
Ohio 49% 44% Oct 09 Oct 09 Insider Advantage (Obama)
Oregon 54% 43% Oct 09 Oct 09 Rasmussen (Obama)
Pennsylvania 50% 39% Oct 05 Oct 09 Muhlenberg Coll. (Obama)
Vermont 60% 36% Oct 09 Oct 09 Rasmussen (Obama)

Real Clear Had These Listed Also

Florida Research 2000 Obama 49, McCain 44 Obama +5
North Carolina WSOC-TV Obama 46, McCain 48 McCain +2
Ohio Ohio Newspaper Poll Obama 46, McCain 48 McCain +2

Senate
------------

North Carolina Kay Hagan 49% Elizabeth Dole* 44% Rasmussen

NC: Hagan 45, Dole 42 (Civitas-10/6-8)

Georgia Jim Martin 45% Saxby Chambliss* 45% Insider Advantage

The son of William F. Buckley has decided—shock!—to vote for a Democrat.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...ase-for-obama/
Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 AM   #598
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Clintons launch campaign swing for Obama in Pa

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081012/...clintons_obama

Hillary Clinton also planned return visits to Ohio and Florida in the next few days and has scheduled trips to Omaha, Neb., and Minnesota.

She traveled Friday to Arkansas, her husband's home state and where she served 12 years as first lady, in hopes of making it more competitive for the Democratic ticket. A swing through Western battleground states is in the works as well.

Clinton did radio interviews this week in North Carolina, a reliably Republican state that has become a battleground in this presidential election. She also spoke to a Hispanic station in Florida and launched a women's canvass in Wisconsin Saturday by phone.

Aides said Hillary Clinton has been remarkably stoic about taking on the role of an Obama cheerleader following the close and often bitter primary in which she raised questions about his electability and readiness to govern.

Aides said Clinton has headlined more than 50 events for Obama and has raised $10 million for his campaign since suspending her own presidential effort in June.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CO-Pres Oct 11 PPP (D)Obama (D) 52%, McCain (R) 42%
Old 10-12-2008, 09:50 AM   #599
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Alabama 35% 62% Oct 08 Oct 09 SurveyUSA (Mac)
Florida 49% 44% Oct 06 Oct 08 Research 2000 (Obama)
Georgia 46% 49% Oct 09 Oct 09 Insider Advantage (Mac)
Iowa 54% 41% Oct 08 Oct 09 SurveyUSA (Obama)
Ohio 49% 44% Oct 09 Oct 09 Insider Advantage (Obama)
Oregon 54% 43% Oct 09 Oct 09 Rasmussen (Obama)
Pennsylvania 50% 39% Oct 05 Oct 09 Muhlenberg Coll. (Obama)
Vermont 60% 36% Oct 09 Oct 09 Rasmussen (Obama)

Real Clear Had These Listed Also

Florida Research 2000 Obama 49, McCain 44 Obama +5
North Carolina WSOC-TV Obama 46, McCain 48 McCain +2
Ohio Ohio Newspaper Poll Obama 46, McCain 48 McCain +2

Senate
------------

North Carolina Kay Hagan 49% Elizabeth Dole* 44% Rasmussen

NC: Hagan 45, Dole 42 (Civitas-10/6-8)

Georgia Jim Martin 45% Saxby Chambliss* 45% Insider Advantage

The son of William F. Buckley has decided—shock!—to vote for a Democrat.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...ase-for-obama/
I fitting end to this is for Obama to win the election and Alaska turned blue. This would be a bittersweet ending, showing that Alaska is now on board with the rest of the United States, and then to finish it off they impeach Palin for her acts.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #600
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Shake 'em off Obama. Shake 'em off.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote