Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #561
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsavant View Post
I mentioned Crowder, in hopes that Rick puts him in, as supposed to the aging vet VC who will most likely steal the rookies minutes at SF.
Yes you did... Sorry about that - I'm reading this on my phone and seemed to have missed that part.

I'm sure we'll see plenty of Crowder this season, especially after what we saw in Summer League (he inked a deal halfway through) - he's definitely a "Carlisle guy."

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-25-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #562
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Was Vince just out of shape last year? He looked a bit hefty on the court. If he lost some of that weight I think he would doing himself a huge favor.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #563
samoan-maverickII

samoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to allsamoan-maverickII is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Was Vince just out of shape last year? He looked a bit hefty on the court. If he lost some of that weight I think he would doing himself a huge favor.
It was just the weight from the beard. I hope he shaved that god awful thing too.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #564
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I think Vince was like a lot of the older vets on the roster in that the lockout ending and training camp starting were so sudden and close together, he got caught in um, less than desirable NBA shape. I am very confident that he'll be ready to go this October though.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #565
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I think Vince was like a lot of the older vets on the roster in that the lockout ending and training camp starting were so sudden and close together, he got caught in um, less than desirable NBA shape. I am very confident that he'll be ready to go this October though.
Agree, these guys have set clocks and being things were so unknown once September hit, they all slowed down the workout calendar. I'm sure especially the vets they have a solid schedule of workout activities leading up to the opening of TC. Everything was so compacted together, the Thanksgiving agreement, the player movement, while camps opened up, then preseason, boom, boom, boom.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #566
Simple_Like_That

Simple_Like_That is infamous around these parts

I still believe the Mav should make a trade...

I think you guys have so much depth in the backcourt that you could take a bit of a risk and get some more depth to your frontcourt... I also know that are rumors surrounding Prizbilla name as another adition but in that case the Mavs will probably have to cut someone after all... My point is why not trade potential for potential... Utah is so depth in the frontcourt that they maybe be willing to trade one of their young bigs (Favors or Kanter)... to tell the truth they won't trade Favors unless they get great return but Kanter in the other hand; I believe a package like this...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8hw9y95

can get it done (maybe trought a pick to they don't recuse). I know Jones and Beaubois are really talented young prospects but if everybody stay healthy once again they will not play that much. And Kanter is a talented big... I don't believe he will be a star but I capable role player I'm sure of that.

Collison/West/Cunningham
OJ/Carter/Jones
Marion/Crowder
Dirk/Brand/Wright/Dragecevic
Kaman/Kanter/James

I think this team has more power inside than the other.
Simple_Like_That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #567
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_Like_That View Post
I still believe the Mav should make a trade...

I think you guys have so much depth in the backcourt that you could take a bit of a risk and get some more depth to your frontcourt... I also know that are rumors surrounding Prizbilla name as another adition but in that case the Mavs will probably have to cut someone after all... My point is why not trade potential for potential... Utah is so depth in the frontcourt that they maybe be willing to trade one of their young bigs (Favors or Kanter)... to tell the truth they won't trade Favors unless they get great return but Kanter in the other hand; I believe a package like this...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8hw9y95

can get it done (maybe trought a pick to they don't recuse). I know Jones and Beaubois are really talented young prospects but if everybody stay healthy once again they will not play that much. And Kanter is a talented big... I don't believe he will be a star but I capable role player I'm sure of that.

Collison/West/Cunningham
OJ/Carter/Jones
Marion/Crowder
Dirk/Brand/Wright/Dragecevic
Kaman/Kanter/James

I think this team has more power inside than the other.
Really? We need more depth than Kaman/Brand/Wright with Dirk occasionally playing center in offensive possessions as well.

C - Kaman/Brand/Wright (I could see those guys being depended on for 85+ mpg in a spot that only has 48. I'm not sure there are many teams that has two starting-caliber players and a competent backup at any given position. 3 allstar appearances combined)

PF - Dirk/Brand/Marion (dirk goes down, we are always screwed but that's the deepest we've been since Dirk/Jamison/Baked Potato. 17 allstar appearances combined)

SF - Marion/Carter/Jones/Crowder (A little shaky right now. 12 allstar appearances at the position but Marion, Carter, and to some extent, Jones are all aging [34, 35, 31]. Crowder looks promising but is completely unproven at the next level.

SG - Mayo/West/Beaubois (Two semi-proven guys. If Mayo steps up, this position is solid. If not, West and Beaubois may get to split up the position. Carter and DoJo can also play the position in spells but neither one is terribly promising (Carter has enormous issue guarding the 2. DoJo just hasnt shown he can play any position at an NBA caliber)

Collison/West/DoJo - As long as Collison does his job and I expect him to, its a pretty good position, but the two guard positions are definitely a weakness for us-- particularly in guaranteed performance. Collison and Mayo are big question marks and we have a lot of low-end or unproven talent behind them.

==========================
D-League
1- James
2- Cunningham

Also: Dragecevic? When did we sign him?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-05-2012 at 01:17 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #568
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Dragićević was drafted 53rd overall in 2008 by the Utah Jazz. His draft rights were traded in June 2012 to Dallas in the Odom deal.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #569
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Dragićević was drafted 53rd overall in 2008 by the Utah Jazz. His draft rights were traded in June 2012 to Dallas in the Odom deal.
I knew that.

I just didn't see why he was on a depth chart when he was trade filler. Maybe the idea was that we'd free up another cap space to sign him?
Old 08-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #570
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I knew that.

I just didn't see why he was on a depth chart when he was trade filler. Maybe the idea was that we'd free up another cap space to sign him?
I think he's an incredibly insignificant piece.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #571
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Exactly why I wondered why he was on the depth chart.

I highly doubt he will ever be signed by any NBA team
Old 08-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #572
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Exactly why I wondered why he was on the depth chart.

I highly doubt he will ever be signed by any NBA team
Some still have Brian Cardinal on them, so I wouldn't be looking too deep on depth charts right now.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #573
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Some still have Brian Cardinal on them, so I wouldn't be looking too deep on depth charts right now.
thats what I don't get. We have tons of amateurs posting their own depth charts but here is the deal

--------active---------
1) Dirk
2) Kaman
3) Brand
4) Marion
5) Carter
6) Mayo
7) Collison
8) Roddy
9) DoJo
10) West
11) Wright
12)Jones/Crowder

-------inactive--------
13) Crowder/Jones
14) James
15) Cunningham

Thats it. That is literally all the guys we can have on a roster. 15 total, 12 active.

Its why I find it so ridiculous to see even NBA-level talent like Cardinal tacked onto the roster, and just plain silly so see no-name guys added to a roster that is literally maxed out.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #574
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thats what I don't get. We have tons of amateurs posting their own depth charts but here is the deal

--------active---------
1) Dirk
2) Kaman
3) Brand
4) Marion
5) Carter
6) Mayo
7) Collison
8) Roddy
9) DoJo
10) West
11) Wright
12)Jones/Crowder

-------inactive--------
13) Crowder/Jones
14) James
15) Cunningham

Thats it. That is literally all the guys we can have on a roster. 15 total, 12 active.

Its why I find it so ridiculous to see even NBA-level talent like Cardinal tacked onto the roster, and just plain silly so see no-name guys added to a roster that is literally maxed out.
Not that I disagree with the point you're trying to make here, but I think you have your Joneses mixed up - Dahntay seems more likely to get playtime than Dominique...

Last edited by Underdog; 08-05-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #575
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking Dominique Jones will not be on opening day roster.
If we cut him by mid-October we do not have to pay 2012-2013 salary.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #576
Eman

Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

We don't have to cut Dojo, just not exercise his option for 2013-14.
Eman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #577
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
I'm thinking Dominique Jones will not be on opening day roster.
If we cut him by mid-October we do not have to pay 2012-2013 salary.
If you can find a sucker to take on Lamar Odom's nearly $9M salary for this year, you can find a team to take a flyer on Jones for $2M.

The idea of cutting him is utterly laughable.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #578
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange View Post
If you can find a sucker to take on Lamar Odom's nearly $9M salary for this year, you can find a team to take a flyer on Jones for $2M.

The idea of cutting him is utterly laughable.
Agreed, plus a 1st rounder went the other way too.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #579
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

We may need his salary in a trade, expiring contract wise, not talent wise....
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #580
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
We may need his salary in a trade, expiring contract wise, not talent wise....
This is kind of what I had in mind when I made the above post.

My point being...
DoJo is a bust and we could use his salary slot for more depth at the center position.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #581
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

So we'll roster DoJo until Howard can break out of jail.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #582
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Not that I disagree with the point you're trying to make here, but I think you have your Joneses mixed up - Dahntay seems more likely to get playtime than Dominique...
Amateur.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #583
some1nw
Golden Member

some1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to allsome1nw is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LorFS4f7__w

a pair of 3s from VC in a game at orlando-am

Somebody in the comments said that he also did a 360 windmill in warmups
Old 08-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #584
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by some1nw View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LorFS4f7__w

a pair of 3s from VC in a game at orlando-am

Somebody in the comments said that he also did a 360 windmill in warmups
Is it my imagination or does he look a little bit trimmer than he did last year?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #585
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Is it my imagination or does he look a little bit trimmer than he did last year?
He does look trimmer... I think a lot of players were out of shape last season due to the lockout, Vince included.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #586
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Vince was fat last december. I remember a Dirk quote about it when he saw Vince the first day....

Last edited by sefant77; 08-08-2012 at 06:34 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #587
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me Vince has never worked overly hard on his game or his body. He's one of those guys with other interests- music, politics, etc...
And lots of god-given talent. But he's no Kobe as far as work ethic goes.

And more power to him. Wish that more of these guys were well-rounded, thoughtful individuals. Much prefer Vince to a guy like Melo, who is also obscenely talented offensively, doughy and doesn't work hard enough on defense but never had a thought in his head save as it relates to him scoring and/or how he looked doing it.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #588
Simple_Like_That

Quote:
Really? We need more depth than Kaman/Brand/Wright with Dirk occasionally playing center in offensive possessions as well.

C - Kaman/Brand/Wright (I could see those guys being depended on for 85+ mpg in a spot that only has 48. I'm not sure there are many teams that has two starting-caliber players and a competent backup at any given position. 3 allstar appearances combined)

PF - Dirk/Brand/Marion (dirk goes down, we are always screwed but that's the deepest we've been since Dirk/Jamison/Baked Potato. 17 allstar appearances combined)

SF - Marion/Carter/Jones/Crowder (A little shaky right now. 12 allstar appearances at the position but Marion, Carter, and to some extent, Jones are all aging [34, 35, 31]. Crowder looks promising but is completely unproven at the next level.

SG - Mayo/West/Beaubois (Two semi-proven guys. If Mayo steps up, this position is solid. If not, West and Beaubois may get to split up the position. Carter and DoJo can also play the position in spells but neither one is terribly promising (Carter has enormous issue guarding the 2. DoJo just hasnt shown he can play any position at an NBA caliber)

Collison/West/DoJo - As long as Collison does his job and I expect him to, its a pretty good position, but the two guard positions are definitely a weakness for us-- particularly in guaranteed performance. Collison and Mayo are big question marks and we have a lot of low-end or unproven talent behind them.

==========================
D-League
1- James
2- Cunningham

Also: Dragecevic? When did we sign him?
I stay with my point... last time I check Brand and Kaman are vets that have some injurie issue. B Wright is a skinny athletic/shotblocker that don't have a true position. James is a rookie and Dragecevic I really don't know who is... but I put his just because I saw him in the Mavs site. And by the way, if you could deal both of those younf guards (Dojo and Beaubois) and get a young big healthy guy like that...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...XqmbM9Xc&gl=BR

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OxPIucywRyQ

WIN WIN situation. By the way, looking for the Mavs roster I don't see Dojo and Beaubois playing much minutes.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 AM   #589
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

I give Roddy one last chance, hope RC does the same, before trading him for a guy like Kanter...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #590
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
I give Roddy one last chance, hope RC does the same, before trading him for a guy like Kanter...
That's not a realistic trade scenario. Kanter was a 3rd overall pick, a talented big man, who had an OK rookie season. No way the Jazz trades him for Roddy.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #591
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
That's not a realistic trade scenario. Kanter was a 3rd overall pick, a talented big man, who had an OK rookie season. No way the Jazz trades him for Roddy.
Yup, but still does not change my opinion.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #592
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Don't know why people fancy him as a SG. Carlisle wants him to be a PG and Nelson has gone on record that he would compete for the PG spot.

Kante
This is Roddy's last chance seeing as though he will be a RFA in the summer.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #593
dog0726

dog0726 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Trade Roddy for Kevin Seraphin!!!
dog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #594
Simple_Like_That

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog0726 View Post
Trade Roddy for Kevin Seraphin!!!
Overall another good option.

Dirk/Seraphin/Wright
Kaman/Brand/James

Another young big to be a insurance for Brand and Kaman.

I know that Kanter and Seraphin are difficult to get but a package like pick + Roddy + Dojo for a young prospect like that.

I actually think the Jazz has a chance to trade Kanter. They are talking about resign Millsap and Favors is their future... Al seems to be the odd man out, but I think they maybe will keep him for a rational price. I don't know... it's not that impossible.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #595
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

So, Brand and Kaman are going to split 48 minutes at center with no time between the two at backup PF? I can't imagine that's likely. Plus, you're talking about a guy that averaged 15 points, almost 2 blocks, 7 boards while shooting 53% from the field over the final 16 games.. all of which he scored a minimum of 10 points in each game. He's not going to get traded for Roddy.

Last edited by Murphy3; 08-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #596
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Power rotation is going to be Brand 24-30, Kaman 24-30, Dirk 34 and Wright should eat up what ever's left.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #597
spreedom
Diamond Member

Woj is reporting that there might be a new deal coming together that sends Dwight to the Lakers. It would look something like this:

Orlando sends: Dwight, cap relief (believed to be J-Rich)
Orlando gets: Pau, Afflalo

LA sends: Pau, Bynum
LA gets: Dwight, Al Harrington

Denver sends: Afflalo, Harrington
Denver gets: ? (Iguodala, maybe?)

Philly sends: ? (Iggy?)
Philly gets: Bynum

Could be an interesting deal, though I honestly don't know if LA gets better by replacing Pau/Bynum with Harrington/Dwight.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #598
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really think they Lakers get better with that deal. I suppose they get a bit more glamorous..but not better.

Plus, will Bynum stay in Philly?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #599
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Plus, will Bynum stay in Philly?
I don't see why he would if Philly is shipping out their best player in the deal...

Old 08-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #600
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't see why he would if Philly is shipping out their best player in the deal...
$$$

Tags
4th seed or bust, big cocks, booster for the rooster, cockadoodledont!, cockadoodledoo!, cubes > russia., let's talk about roosters, let's talk about russia, let's talk about sex, wests side story