Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #561
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I love their nods to past classics..... The Lamp Post. That is great.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #562
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

They seem to nod in the direction of Narnia an awful lot.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #563
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a fun tidbit. The map that Cesar found in the Hydra station appears to be the same map that Daniel and Charlotte used to go that station to shut off the gas.

Check it out here

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel%27s_map

Re-using a prop?

Or is it really supposed to be the same one? Meaning that the contents of Dan's bag is going to end up on the smaller island at some point...whenever he is?
Old 02-27-2009, 06:49 PM   #564
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

just finally got to watching this week's episode.

WOW.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:14 PM   #565
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I wish I could punch Ben in the face. I've missed HUGE chunks of this show, but every time I watch, that guy is slippery as hell.
Don't concern yourself with all this foggy Ben vs. Widmore debate. Ben is a bastard, and don't let go of this fact no matter what happens.

And abc.com has all episodes from all seasons in HD streaming on their website for free, so you can fill in whatever you've missed.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:21 AM   #566
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly don't think it's ultimately going to be as simple as Widmore = good guy, Ben = bad guy.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #567
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Here's a fun tidbit. The map that Cesar found in the Hydra station appears to be the same map that Daniel and Charlotte used to go that station to shut off the gas.

Check it out here

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel%27s_map

Re-using a prop?

Or is it really supposed to be the same one? Meaning that the contents of Dan's bag is going to end up on the smaller island at some point...whenever he is?
Looks like prop-reuse to me. Who would have added the extra symbols and stuff?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #568
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

I felt some stirrings down south this morning, like a little 36 hours til Lost anticipation in my nether regions.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #569
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I certainly don't think it's ultimately going to be as simple as Widmore = good guy, Ben = bad guy.
Agreed. It has to be way more complex than that...

I think it'll be a three party fight: Ben, Widmore, Locke.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #570
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think it's going to be something like that, but with a lot of "saving the world" mixed in. Or saving the island? Who knows.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #571
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

four party fight: Ben, Widmore, Locke, Aaron

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #572
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

my lost nipples are hard.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #573
TheMaverick
Golden Member

^ The early stages of a full on LOST Boner

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #574
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
four party fight: Ben, Widmore, Locke, Aaron
Five party fight. Throw Boone into the mix.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #575
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So it's new this week, but I think they're taking a break next week.

I looked it up...looks like they're taking off 3/11, and 4/22. That's ok. At least there's no month long break.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:04 PM   #576
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I think it's going to be something like that, but with a lot of "saving the world" mixed in. Or saving the island? Who knows.
err, saving the cheerleader?

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 03-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #577
TheMaverick
Golden Member

If they killed off Jack in the end, this show would get a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes from me.

Right now, it's at 95%.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #578
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
If they killed off Jack in the end, this show would get a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes from me.

Right now, it's at 95%.
I wouldn't be surprised if he dies. He definitely going to have a significant role at the end of the show.

Lost started with Jack, and I won't be surprised if it ends that way.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #579
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Jack is definitely the most "lost" out of all the Losties.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #580
LonghornDub

Sadly, I find myself not really liking any of the protagonists on Lost, Jack included. Hurley is the only one I find all that affable.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #581
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to think that there will ultimately be only two sides. The whole show has been about dueling dichotomies --> good/evil, black/white, science/faith, us/them, jack/locke, ben/widmore, hostiles/dharma...and so on and so on.

I'm not convinced those two sides will be Ben vs. Widmore, but I do think there will be two sides. I also think the recent reference to "war" supports this hypothesis.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 03-04-2009 at 09:20 AM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #582
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

is that a gun in your pants, or are you just happy that today is Wednesday?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #583
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
I tend to think that there will ultimately be only two sides. The whole show has been about dueling dichotomies --> good/evil, black/white, science/faith, us/them, jack/locke, ben/widmore, hostiles/dharma...and so on and so on.
that's a very good breakdown....I must spread some reputation....
Old 03-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #584
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

So if the preview for this week was to be believed (stop reading now if you don't like watching the previews)

We finally get back to the Sawyers and Jin's of the world tonight. Hopefully we get to find out how Jin got into a DHARMA uniform and driving a van around with a rifle.

Theory: The O6 have experienced 3 years since they left... Will Juliet and Sawyer and them have experienced that same amount of time by the time the O6 arrived back on the island? I think island just grabbed them off the plane and put them where and when they would be had they been with Sawyer and them the whole 3 years.

Which apparently is in the time of the Blue VW van, where (when) I bet they stopped time traveling and have spent 3 years-ish.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #585
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Is Locke going to reunite with everyone tonight? People are going to be so astonished since he was just in a coffin not too long ago. I hope Jack sees him and kneels to his knees in disbelief like the little pawn that he is.

Are the flashes still going on or did Locke putting the wheel back on it's axle stop them?

Are we done with the historical time periods of the island? For example, Rousseau as a young pregnant girl or Widmore as a young man taking orders from Richard.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #586
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that the rest of the passengers (Locke, Ceasar, Ben, etc.) are in a different time, as they are in what appears to be a completely abandoned Dharma station, indicating that Dharma was already long gone.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 03-04-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #587
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yes, Locke and Cesar and Ilana and Lapidus (and the "woman" who went with him, come on...it's Sun, right?) appear to be in the present. Whatever their present is. 2008 or whatever.

The big question if that's true, of course, is why didn't Sun end up back in time with everyone else?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-04-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #588
TheMaverick
Golden Member

How do u know Kate/Sawyer/Jack isn't in the present? Maybe Jin likes sporting a Dharma jumpsuit!

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?

Last edited by TheMaverick; 03-04-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #589
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

only thing that really points out that it's the past is the van - it looked brand spankin' new.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #590
TheMaverick
Golden Member

What if the van jumped in time with them? Seriously, anything is possible.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #591
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

The van was new...Jin was all clean and whatnot, nonchalant, and sporting a rifle with the stereo going.

Plus he was driving on a what we can assume to be a road or a path that doubles as a road. Did you see many of those on the island in 2004 that hadn't been over-grown?

Come on...they're in the 70's or 80's or something.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-04-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #592
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

So did Jin steal the van and jumpsuit or are they friends with the Dharma Initiative now?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:21 PM   #593
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

That would be funny if he stole it...I was thinking he's working for, or infiltrating them?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #594
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if he was indoctrinated like Rousseaus crew when they went into the underground tunnel by the temple?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #595
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo View Post
I wonder if he was indoctrinated like Rousseaus crew when they went into the underground tunnel by the temple?
I just had a great mental picture of him opening fire on the three of them. That would be quite shocking.

(mission to bump this over the Heroes thread complete)

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-04-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #596
ty
Diamond Member

This thread should be Stickied.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #597
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
This thread should be Stickied.
Then the Heroes people would complain.

Or would they? Have they given up on that show? After Mondays episode I wouldn't blame them.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #598
TheMaverick
Golden Member

People still watch Heroes?

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #599
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

OK, I'll ask it, even though everyone else is probably wondering it:

Where the hell are Rose and Bernard?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #600
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well...

English speaking Jin pwns.

Michelle from 24 is still hot.

Why wasn't old Horace with "Olivia" any more? Or is it...not yet?

Is Ben there yet?

Will we see young Ben? (of course we will)

The statue! That was a needless little nod to the nerds. I loved it.

"The dude with the eye liner" lol. I like how Sawyer just laid it out for Richard, plain and simple.

I like that they brought the baby thing up again. So...something happens between 1974 and 2004 so that people can't give birth? Or (the doc said that their women usually give birth off island) <-- meaning that this was a special case?

I gotta say, the Sawyer + Juliet thing...didn't bother me much. 3 years is a long time, it makes sense. Imagine their situation.

Where are Rose and Bernard? (seriously, they can't just kill them off can they?)

More importantly...where is Faraday?

Faraday will be key going forward I suppose, right? I was trying to rack my brain all through the episode, thinking "ok, so what do we DO now that we're all stuck in 1974...errr...1977??". I assume that they'll be trying to get back to their own time, and for that, Mr. Faraday would be the man.

OR...is Locke going to try to do it from the present, 2008, and BRING them forward in time to where they want to be?

Certainly they're not going to play this thing out from 1977. We know what happens in a dozen years or so...bye bye DHARMA Initiative.

Tags
best show ever, best show on tv, excellent television, lost stubby, lost! lost! my precious!, wait - i'm lost