Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-21-2003, 11:06 PM   #561
David
Golden Member

David is on a distinguished road

I think Najera would have helped. If he is in there hustling, he gets the other guys to hustle. The Mavs needed someone to put a body on a Spur tonight. I don't care if he gets fouls called on him. The refs were calling fouls on all the Mavs.

I would assume that Duncan is too tall for Eduardo. Eduardo is 6'8" at best and Duncan is near 7'. Duncan goes over everyone we have except Bradley and he goes AROUND Shawn. Plus Duncan gets a lot of super-star respect from the refs.

Najera vs Rose is a good matchup of hustle guy vs hustle guy. Our hustle guy didn't play and he was missed.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2003, 11:08 PM   #562
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice posts MikeB and David.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:10 PM   #563
DTL
Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

MFF: will you still do the mad streaking woman thing if we win the series? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 11:12 PM   #564
DTL
Diamond Member

Malik Rose getting 18 trips to the line is just absurd
Old 05-21-2003, 11:14 PM   #565
Drbio
Banned

<< MFF: will you still do the mad streaking woman thing if we win the series? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Inquiring minds want to know. Might be worth a road trip. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:14 PM   #566
DTL
Diamond Member

Nick: ``We definitely lost our composure, but we knew coming in how it would be...Our focus was to keep fighting though it and play through it as best we could, but tonight it just got the best of us.''
Old 05-21-2003, 11:16 PM   #567
DTL
Diamond Member

what exactly was Nelli thinking?

According to Crawford:
``Don (Nelson) walked up to half court. I never told him to sit down because that's not my job to tell him to sit down. I told him to go coach his team, and he said 'No, I'm not going to.' So I hit him with one,'' Crawford told a pool reporter. ``I said 'Go coach your team.' He said 'I'm staying right here.' So, bang, I threw him.

``Del Harris was different,'' Crawford said. ``Del Harris came to my partner (Ted Bernhardt) at a timeout and said that he was going to get ejected, and to eject him on one (technical) which isn't unusual. This has happened in the history of the NBA where a coach has walked up to a referee and said eject me. So we eject him.''
Old 05-21-2003, 11:17 PM   #568
DTL
Diamond Member

Keep thinking like that, Timmy, and you and your team will be in big trouble....

``It is tough being in a situation where you're up so much and are trying to play the clock out, basically,'' Duncan said. ``We talked about trying to win the game instead of sustain the lead.''
Old 05-21-2003, 11:17 PM   #569
Drbio
Banned

Crawford was out of line on the Nellie technicals.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:17 PM   #570
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

<< Nice posts MikeB and David. >>

Agree, and I love to agree, above all if there are good arguments.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:18 PM   #571
DTL
Diamond Member

Get one?? You have to think TWO at home!

``We took tonight on the chin, but in no way, shape or form do we feel depressed or down,'' Nelson Jr. said. ``We'll take this as a challenge andlearn from it and try to get one at home.''
Old 05-21-2003, 11:19 PM   #572
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

<< Malik Rose getting 18 trips to the line is just absurd >>

No it's not. Surely you jest. Malik Rose is an offensive machine and he always goes to the line a TON!

(sarcasm)

I think the Mavs mantra should be: Mavs 1, Refs 1, Spurs incomplete.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:19 PM   #573
DTL
Diamond Member

History is on our side.

The team that has won Game 1 in the Western Conference finals has won the series 16consecutive times.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #574
DTL
Diamond Member

<< (sarcasm) >>

Thanks for adding that. I almost did something real bad.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #575
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

<< MFF: will you still do the mad streaking woman thing if we win the series? >>

Ha! I never said streaking down the street. I said I'd run down the street screaming like a mad woman.

However, I might change my mind. I'll have to wait and see how this series goes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:21 PM   #576
Drbio
Banned

<< Get one?? You have to think TWO at home!

``We took tonight on the chin, but in no way, shape or form do we feel depressed or down,'' Nelson Jr. said. ``We'll take this as a challenge andlearn from it and try to get one at home.''
>>

Oh man...the underdog mentality is creeping back in. Can we get an F'em Nick?
Old 05-21-2003, 11:21 PM   #577
DTL
Diamond Member

<< Ha! I never said streaking down the street. I said I'd run down the street screaming like a mad woman. >>

I was so excited....the intensity of the playoffs got the best of me.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:24 PM   #578
Drbio
Banned

I bet we could talk her into it DTL. She's flexible.

Doh!
Old 05-21-2003, 11:24 PM   #579
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Najera would have helped. He played Duncan about as well as anyone can in game 1. He's also 6 fouls if nothing else.

He's a hustle guy, always has been. He boxes oponents out, he hustles after loose balls and isn't afraid to take it inside.

Sure, he gives up size to Duncan but he can be physical with him and you can use someone like Dirk or Raef or Finley or Walt to go over and double team him.

With him and Raef manning Duncan in the first half, Dirk might not have been called for those quick early fans. Then you could have switched Dirk over to Duncan in the 4th.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:26 PM   #580
MavsFanFinley
Guru

<< I bet we could talk her into it DTL. She's flexible. >>

Never had I said something with such double meaning in my life. I'm paying for it now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:29 PM   #581
DTL
Diamond Member

<<

<< I bet we could talk her into it DTL. She's flexible. >>

Never had I said something with such double meaning in my life. I'm paying for it now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
>>

haven't been to the west coast in a while [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:30 PM   #582
Drbio
Banned

hahaha
Old 05-21-2003, 11:36 PM   #583
MavsFanFinley
Guru

<< haven't been to the west coast in a while [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] >>

Don't forget how flexible I am. Why have you come out when I can just come to TX. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:39 PM   #584
Drbio
Banned

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2003, 11:40 PM   #585
DTL
Diamond Member

Nick: Don't just hand the game to them. We're here just as much as they are.

Still, got to keep our composure. And just make those tear-drops next time!