Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 08-17-2006, 01:37 AM   #561
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I didn't see it, but by your description Dan it sounds like the Rangers had good reason to retaliate. I think that hitting MY should have ended it, and they went too far. It's an unwritten rule of baseball that should always be followed, that if you hit one of our guys we hit one of yours, but that should end it. Hitting a recently called up guy that had nothing to do with it is going overboard.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2006, 02:14 AM   #562
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Video is up at the official site now for those who haven't seen it. There's a downloadable version posted at the Newberg boards:
http://newbergreport.proboards75.com...5790928&page=2

Good stuff.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:59 AM   #563
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Just for clarification, Gregg only hit one batter. Both benches were warned after he threw behind Kinsler, so when he hit Young he was ejected. Donnelly hit Guzman.

I wish it had been Juan Rivera. What a punk.

BTW, I think they said on baseball tonight that Padilla stood on the dugout steps during the whole thing and didn't join in. If so, SORRY!!! Very Sorry, after what he did last night. I have no use for that guy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:31 AM   #564
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Right you are Jthig... Forgot that as I explained the case and made it off like Gregg hit two. My bad there.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:36 AM   #565
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Rivera is a tard. Talking smack is one thing but at least put down the purse.

Last edited by Drbio; 08-17-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #566
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Doc, you are so terrible at photoshop it is actually funny, (and I don't even think that is your work - but I know your work, and it is bad! ). Your photoshop work is the equivalent of watching south park. There are TONS of cartoons with better graphics, but Southpark's bad graphics just makes it all the funnier.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 08-17-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:54 AM   #567
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's not his. It's from the Newberg boards. You guys are funny going back and forth.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #568
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
BTW, I think they said on baseball tonight that Padilla stood on the dugout steps during the whole thing and didn't join in. If so, SORRY!!! Very Sorry, after what he did last night. I have no use for that guy.
Wow, what a teammate. Start the whole thing and then don't join in.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 08-17-2006, 03:47 PM   #569
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Can anyone help out with this Insider article?

Thanks to whoever posts it in advance...

Last edited by Male30Dan; 08-17-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #570
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I assume you just wanted the top part, about Padilla, and not all the links below. If you wanted those as well, let me know.

Padilla needs to grow up

posted: Thursday, August 17, 2006 | Feedback | Print Entry

As the Angels' Adam Kennedy charged the Rangers' Scott Feldman last night, I happened to be sitting on the Baseball Tonight set adjacent to Tino Martinez, whom I twice saw get hit under similar circumstances, by Armando Benitez.

This is what this comes down to: On Tuesday night, Vicente Padilla stunk, and rather than just take some responsibility and do his job and try to make better pitches, Padilla started firing fastballs at the hitters. Then last night, with the Angels getting blown out, they felt the need to answer back, to retaliate, and that's how Kennedy wound up going after Feldman with two outs in the ninth inning.

That's what happened with Tino. In 1995, when he was with Seattle, and in 1998, when he was with the Yankees, Benitez made bad pitches, he got hit around and so he fired fastballs at Tino. To me, there's nothing more gutless in the sport.

You're mad because you're giving up runs? Well then, make better pitches. Don't take it out on the next hitter.
As the benches cleared in both instances when Tino got hit -- during play, while the players were still grabbing and pushing -- some of Benitez's Orioles teammates were apologizing to their opponents for the actions of the pitcher. And I suspect that this took place last night, in some form or fashion. The Rangers are a good team that plays hard, and they probably were almost as angry at Padilla as the Angels were. (And remember, the White Sox have had their issues with Padilla, too.)
As Evan Grant writes in his story, the scores might not be totally settled -- it looked as though Juan Rivera was gesturing at the Rangers' dugout and motioning toward the distance: Hey, we'll take care of this outside (or maybe he meant in Anaheim). We'll see.
What were you thinking, Vicente Padilla, writes Tim Cowlishaw. Padilla got an earful from his manager before the game. The Angels held a team meeting afterward and talked about what happened. Joe Saunders is wearied.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #571
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They suspended Buck for four games, Padilla for five, and Feldman for six!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #572
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep...here is the flash.

The Dallas Morning News reports that MLB has suspended Buck Showalter for four games, Vicente Padilla for five games (in other words, one start), and Scott Feldman for six games in connection with their actions in the two-game Angels series. No word on any LAAA suspensions.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #573
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

Angel suspensions: 4 games apiece for Adam Kennedy, Brendan Donnelly, and Kevin Gregg, 3 games for Mike Scioscia, and 1 game for Ron Roenicke.

I think 6 games for Feldman is slightly excessive. But he probably won't have to serve them until after the rosters expand anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #574
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

awesome guys! the two teams chasing the A's.. losing their players to suspension!

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:20 PM   #575
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

after seeing that scuffle, i am pumped up about these rangers now. that's the kind of emotion i want to see them have the rest of the year...

suspensions were handed out today.

feldman - 6
padilla - 5
showalter - 4

kennedy, gregg, donnelly - 4 each
scioscia - 3
roenicke - 1

this makes no sense to me that anaheim's players only got 4. gregg and donnelly clearly hit our batters on purpose and kennedy initiated the fight by charging. if anything, kennedy should get the same games as feldman. i think the league is being more lenient on the angels here...

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 PM   #576
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jly
this makes no sense to me that anaheim's players only got 4. gregg and donnelly clearly hit our batters on purpose and kennedy initiated the fight by charging. if anything, kennedy should get the same games as feldman. i think the league is being more lenient on the angels here...
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #577
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

anyways, we have six games left versus the A's.. we need to win at least four of them to really put the pressure on

Contact Me
Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #578
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
anyways, we have six games left versus the A's.. we need to win at least four of them to really put the pressure on
It's possible. I'm rooting for you guys.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #579
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

MLB is so stupid. Throwing at hitters happens. There is a written penalty for it in the rules. The batter goes to first base. Suspensions for this crap are all bs except kennedy who charged. If a pitcher throws at someones head then suspend them and do it for longer than 6 games but anything below the numbers should never result in a suspension for the pitchers. Its amazing to me how far baseball has come. Nolan ryan, Drysdale, and bob gibson are some of the most notorious pitchers in baseball history for throwing at people and they hardly ever got run. Roger clemens also has a reputation as a "head hunter"(though that doesnt mean throwing at peoples heads just at them in general) yet you never hear about him getting suspended. This is just a buch of bs because baseball players have become babies.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:05 PM   #580
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Showalter, Scioscia, six others suspended for Angels-Rangers trouble

August 17, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- Managers Buck Showalter and Mike Scioscia were suspended by Major League Baseball on Thursday along with six others following two days of trouble between the Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels.

Showalter will miss four games, starting with Texas' game Thursday night at Detroit. Bench coach Don Wakamatsu will run the team in the interim.

"We knew it was going to be something," Showalter said. "It's pretty much standard."

Scioscia was suspended for three games, starting with Thursday night's opener of a four-game series against Seattle. Bench coach Ron Roenicke and pitching coach Bud Black will split the duties while Scioscia watched the games in his office.

Texas reliever Scott Feldman drew the most severe penalty at six games. He hit Adam Kennedy with a pitch in the ninth inning Wednesday night in retaliation for two Rangers batters that were plunked by Kevin Gregg and Brendan Donnelly. Kennedy charged the mound, triggering a bench-clearing brawl, and was suspended for four games along with Gregg and Donnelly. Roenicke will serve a one-game suspension on Sunday.

"I cannot begin to express my displeasure over the course of these events," Scioscia said. "I think that Major League Baseball in New York has certainly dropped the ball on this one. They can't have it both ways. You can't ask a team not to retaliate -- which is our philosophy -- but yet not back us up when it's obvious that the players are throwing at us."

Kennedy and Gregg decided not to appeal their suspensions. Kennedy didn't figure to see much playing time, anyway, against the Mariners, who were starting three left-handers against the Angels. Gregg didn't expect to pitch for three games because of a sore knee.

"I was very glad they acted this quickly," said Kennedy, who had never charged the mound before. "I just wanted to get it over with."

Texas pitcher Vicente Padilla was suspended for five games for throwing at a batter after receiving a warning Tuesday night. Feldman was scheduled to begin his suspension on Tuesday. All eight suspensions also were accompanied by fines, and Angels pitcher John Lackey and outfielder Juan Rivera also were fined.

The tensions between the Angels and Rangers were triggered Aug. 6 at Anaheim, when Rangers pitcher Adam Eaton gave up a three-run homer to Garret Anderson and threw his next pitch behind Rivera. Eaton was immediately ejected by umpire Rob Drake, but was not suspended.

"Last week Adam Eaton threw a ball behind Juan Rivera for no reason, other than he was `a little too comfortable in the box' -- that's Adam Eaton's words -- and he didn't care if he hit him or not. So something needed to be addressed then," Scioscia said. "Nothing was, and Padilla felt a free reign to be able to throw at us, as he did in that other game. So this is certainly an issue.

"I think that if Major League Baseball is going to monitor this, they need to back up what their own umpires said -- that Eaton was ejected for intentionally throwing at a hitter. It should have been a suspension, and there wasn't one."

In Wednesday night's 9-3 loss at Texas, Gregg threw behind Michael Young -- then hit him with his next pitch before he got ejected.

"I was just trying to pitch in aggressively," Gregg said. "You're going to pitch inside, and you're going to hit people. I mean, I think I hold the record for wild pitches in an inning, so everyone knows I have a wild one in my game."

Donnelly relieved Gregg and hit Freddy Guzman -- leading to his ejection. The right-hander, whose suspension was scheduled to begin next Tuesday, is appealing it.

"I wasn't throwing at him on purpose," Donnelly said. "Am I going to throw at a guy that just got called up a few hours before the game?"

Donnelly received a 10-game suspension last season for getting caught with pine tar on his glove. That ban was reduced to eight games.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #581
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Five players suspended, two fined after Arlington brawl

August 17, 2006

NEW YORK (Ticker) - The Texas Rangers and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim lost their cool on a hot night in Arlington, Texas on Wednesday. Now, they will have to pay the price.

Major League Baseball on Thursday disciplined 10 members of the Rangers and Angels for their participation in a benches-clearing brawl during the ninth inning of Wednesday night's contest.

Texas righthander Scott Feldman was suspended six games for intentionally throwing at Anaheim's Adam Kennedy, who received a four-game ban for charging the mound.

The bad blood started Tuesday night, when Rangers righthander Vicente Padilla plunked Angels outfielder Juan Rivera in the fourth inning.

Tensions literally spilled over on to the field a night later. With two outs in the ninth inning, Feldman hit Kennedy with a first-pitch fastball. Kennedy promptly charged toward the 6-6 righthander, who threw his glove to the ground as if to welcome the fight.

"All I was trying to do was defend myself," Feldman said after the contest. "He's the kind of guy that dives over the plate and can hit the low ball. I was just trying to pitch inside because I knew what kind of a hitter he was. It's just one of those things that goes with the territory, I guess."

Feldman took one uppercut swing at Kennedy, which hit the second baseman in the back. After the two threw several weak punches at each other, Kennedy was body-slammed to the ground by Rangers third baseman Mark DeRosa, a former quarterback at the University of Pennsylvania.

"All the points had been made," Kennedy said after the game. "You make a choice to go or not go, and I decided to go. You wish it didn't have to happen that way. It's unfortunate because I'm sure there will be fines and suspensions."

The antics came one inning after the Angels had two relievers ejected for hitting consecutive batters. Kevin Gregg and Brendan Donnelly, along with Anaheim manager Mike Scioscia and bench coach Ron Roenicke, were tossed in the frame.

MLB lowered the boom a day later, suspending Gregg and Donnelly four games apiece and handing Scioscia a three-game penalty. Roenicke was suspended one game for Donnelly's intentional actions since Scioscia already had been ejected along with Gregg.

Padilla was suspended five games for his actions Tuesday and Rangers manager Buck Showalter was banned for four contests for his club's inappropriate actions throughout the three-game series. In addition to the suspensions, all 10 also were fined undisclosed amounts.

MLB also issued undisclosed fines to Angels righthander John Lackey and Rivera, both of whom were physically involved in the brawl.

The suspensions of both Scioscia and Showalter will begin Thursday, when the Angels host the Seattle Mariners and the Rangers visit the Detroit Tigers. Roenicke will serve his suspension Sunday.

Pending appeals, the suspensions of Kennedy, Gregg and Padilla all will start Thursday. Donnelly and Feldman will begin serving their bans on Tuesday.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:44 PM   #582
alby
Guru

another loss for the rangers
another win for the tigers

what a waste
bases loaded
zero outs
one run

Contact Me
Old 08-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #583
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

It still amazes me that people just accept the suspensions for Bean balls like they have always been that way. Also, and i dont know why this never gets mentioned, the hitter could always you know move out of the way.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:31 PM   #584
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Padilla deserved to be suspended. It's common for beanings that lead to brawls to result in suspensions.

I have zero problem with any of the suspensions.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #585
Five-ofan
Guru

It has BECOME common but it didnt use to be. Besides that if kennedy didnt charge the mound do the suspensions happen?(i think they would have but they would have been much less severe) I just disagree with baseballs principles on this matter and i think that this is a large reason that pitchers have so much trouble now. Do you know WHY hitters cant get out of the way? Because they start their motion to early and dive out over the plate. If they want to do that thats fine but hitting them shouldnt result in a penatly more than just the batter reaching first base. Do that enough and eventually hitters would quit diving out over the plate and or starting so early. It would also give inside hooks more effectiveness because some people would bail. That is a part of baseball and always had been until the current MLB decided to completely change the fabric of the game.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #586
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Padilla, Gregg and Donnelly and the three coaches would all have been suspended even without the fight, and Padilla was only suspended for one start, not sure how it could have been less.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-18-2006, 09:31 PM   #587
alby
Guru

good win today

Contact Me
Old 08-18-2006, 11:02 PM   #588
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Man that was clutch of Aki.

I swear, every time I officially give up, something happens to give me a glimmer of hope.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-18-2006, 11:37 PM   #589
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Wow the A's actually lost a game.

But seriously, the # of games left is falling. The Rangers have to play perfect ball and hope for some help to have a chance in hell. Gay.

Football can't start soon enough
Old 08-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #590
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Wow the A's actually lost a game.

But seriously, the # of games left is falling. The Rangers have to play perfect ball and hope for some help to have a chance in hell. Gay.

Football can't start soon enough
The A's actually lost two games.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #591
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The A's actually lost two games.

Sweet!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:03 AM   #592
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Both the Rangers, and my Giants are making a move. My Giants have won 5 straight

Old 08-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #593
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Padilla, Gregg and Donnelly and the three coaches would all have been suspended even without the fight, and Padilla was only suspended for one start, not sure how it could have been less.
This is my point. Im not arguing whether or not they WOULD have been suspended Im arguing whether or not they SHOULD have been suspended and they shouldnt be. Pitching inside has always been a part of baseball. When you take away all of a pitchers weapons it shouldnt come as any surprise when they suck. We keep hearing all these solutions such as raising the mound or something but the simplest solution would be to allow pitchers to throw inside again and remove the armor for hitters. You get hit you get first base. You charge the mound and you and only you get suspended. Would solve alot of baseball problems.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:03 PM   #594
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Bauer walks an ice-cold hitter on four pitches to start the 8th in a two run game. He is dead to me.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 08-19-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #595
Five-ofan
Guru

I no longer get kdfi and i now get fsn houston. Im gonna cry.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #596
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
I no longer get kdfi and i now get fsn houston. Im gonna cry.
FSN Houston?? Never heard of such a thing. Don't both Dallas/Ft. Worth and Houston get FSN SW?

Where do you live, anyway?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 08-19-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #597
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
FSN Houston?? Never heard of such a thing. Don't both Dallas/Ft. Worth and Houston get FSN SW?

Where do you live, anyway?
Huntsville right now.(shsu not the jail ). The difference is in the games they broadcast. In the dallas ft worth area the rangers games take presidence here the astros games take presidence. Im sure rockets games will too. I WILL find a way to watch the mavs games though.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #598
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Great, great performance from Tejeda tonight. Very impressive.

Anytime Aki wants to stop with these stressful saves, I will appreciate it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #599
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Huntsville right now.(shsu not the jail ). The difference is in the games they broadcast. In the dallas ft worth area the rangers games take presidence here the astros games take presidence. Im sure rockets games will too. I WILL find a way to watch the mavs games though.
Dang, that sucks. You might have to do sports bars for Mavs games.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #600
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Dang, that sucks. You might have to do sports bars for Mavs games.
Yeah i probably will. I did it on sundays to watch all the football games last year. Im not 21 though I will be in october though