Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-11-2015, 02:16 PM   #561
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Reggie Miller said the same thing during the play by play yesterday. I really like him doing commentary. Very astute in observing the tendencies of players, and how to take advantages.

Back on topic: I'm glad a team is showing how to expose Harden. The best way to defend him is really not try too hard to defend him (sorta).
Just don't ask miller for a good pun. Yeah people here said Rockets acted like they had accomplished something by beating us with how they looked in game 1 this series vs a clips team with no CP3. Rocket fans disagreed. I love how Josh Smith couldn't miss pull up 3's vs us and now he can't even get on the court vs clips. Brewer in the corner was automatic vs us. Last night he had a nice shaqtin a fool dunk that got str8 denied by the rim. He also hit the side of the backboard on a corner 3. They have zero fire the last 2 games getting absolutely torched. Clips are the better team for sure but it just makes me believe even more that they sipped their own koolaid after beating us with how bad they have looked top to bottom really.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2015, 02:35 PM   #562
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleDipping View Post
Reggie Miller said the same thing during the play by play yesterday. I really like him doing commentary. Very astute in observing the tendencies of players, and how to take advantages.

Back on topic: I'm glad a team is showing how to expose Harden. The best way to defend him is really not try too hard to defend him (sorta).
Best way to defend him is hope the refs don't call those awful calls he always gets. Make it doubly obvious that he's a flopper that jumps into people and tries to rake his arms up into other players to get FTs. Worse refs would have called both of those-- Barnes' as a block and Reddick's as a hand-check foul on the shooter.

Also, Reggie should talk-- dude was the master of kicking players while he shot jumpers to get the and-one and 3+1.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-11-2015 at 02:36 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #563
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Pelicans fire head coach Monty Williams
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/1...h-pelicans-nba
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...monty-williams
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:24 PM   #564
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Early reports on twitter that Dwane Casey will not be fired as the Raptors' coach. Happy for him, but I was really hoping he'd be available this summer.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #565
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Chicago/Cavs is a great series so far.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #566
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Early reports on twitter that Dwane Casey will not be fired as the Raptors' coach. Happy for him, but I was really hoping he'd be available this summer.
Available for what?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:39 AM   #567
melvind
Banned

melvind can only hope to improve

Live to fight another day......

Well all the Harden hate can be put off for another day as he did have an MVP like performance tonight with a triple dub. Its amazing how much better you can look when your teammates hit open shots. Still had 5 TOs and didn't shoot the 3 well but at least he was aggressive.

Finally gave them a good ole butt whuppin....finally played some defense and not letting JJ Redick and Austin Rivers look like all-stars.....

Now if we can just get game 6....

Oh and Harden was effective without having 10 or more free throws so no using the referee on this game....
melvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:57 AM   #568
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Available for what?
Assistant coach. Not sure he'd take the position, but Casey was one of our best assistant coaches we've ever had.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #569
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Monty Williams as an assistant.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:06 PM   #570
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Looking like defense wins over offense in the Dubs-Bears game amiright?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-14-2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:12 AM   #571
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Assistant coach. Not sure he'd take the position, but Casey was one of our best assistant coaches we've ever had.
Yup, I was hoping that he'd be willing to come back as an assistant if the Raptors fired him.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:06 PM   #572
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Lebron murdering the Bulls.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #573
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Harden 4/12 shooting and 11 ft's in just the first half. This is disgusting.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #574
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Harden 4/12 shooting and 11 ft's in just the first half. This is disgusting.
And the Rockets are only down 2....Need Howard to stop with stupid fouls...just glad we have a chance at half..wish Mchale would have not have done the hack a Jordan..

BTW missed the comments after game 5

Last edited by melvind; 05-14-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:31 PM   #575
melvind
Banned

Game over....no looking at the goal layups.....
Old 05-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #576
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvind View Post
Game over....no looking at the goal layups.....
Ok no Frauden...no problem...we are a team...clutch baby.....
Old 05-15-2015, 12:47 AM   #577
melvind
Banned

Ok Mr. Wilson you still believe we dont belong in the upper tier? Toe to Toe with the team that took San Antonio out and with the possibility of us taking out the Clippers....How overrated are we now? Even if we gone and lose on Sunday I am proud of our team..
Old 05-15-2015, 12:52 AM   #578
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Clips may have just lost this series with that pathetic collapse. Credit to mcfail for leaving Frauden on the bench as he was garbage. Credit to the Rockets(minus Frauden) for stepping up on defense to close the 3rd and for the entire 4th. Jamal Crawford was serious cancer in this game.

Jordan 9 Rebs Team total 41
DH12 21 Rebs Team total 60

BG + CP3 = 22/39 fg's
Rest of team = 16/52 fg's

Frauden = 5/20 fg's
Rest of team = 32/67 fg's
Old 05-15-2015, 01:07 AM   #579
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Ok Mr. Wilson you still believe we dont belong in the upper tier? Toe to Toe with the team that took San Antonio out and with the possibility of us taking out the Clippers....How overrated are we now? Even if we gone and lose on Sunday I am proud of our team..
If anything I will admit to overrating the clips, especially Jordan. Until I see Frauden dominate a series and not just a game here and there I won't call them a contender. I still think he is way too reliant on ft's to be effective on a consistent basis in the playoffs. Howard and role players won this game and they were down 17-19 near the end of the 3rd. The team that has won the boards battle has won every game this series I believe. I think, aside from game 2, the team with the better bench has also won every game this series. I'll be the first to admit that I'm absolutely biased as I consider Frauden to be the most unwatchable player in the NBA. That's about as much as I can admit to at this point.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:25 AM   #580
xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the roughxtruroyaltyx is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
If anything I will admit to overrating the clips, especially Jordan. Until I see Frauden dominate a series and not just a game here and there I won't call them a contender. I still think he is way too reliant on ft's to be effective on a consistent basis in the playoffs. Howard and role players won this game and they were down 17-19 near the end of the 3rd. The team that has won the boards battle has won every game this series I believe. I think, aside from game 2, the team with the better bench has also won every game this series. I'll be the first to admit that I'm absolutely biased as I consider Frauden to be the most unwatchable player in the NBA. That's about as much as I can admit to at this point.
Yawn.
xtruroyaltyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:03 AM   #581
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Frauden is kind of like the Floyd Mayweather of basketball. He takes advantage of the rules and often gets the wins, but he is totally unwatchable and is hastening the demise of the sport.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #582
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
Frauden is kind of like the Floyd Mayweather of basketball. He takes advantage of the rules and often gets the wins, but he is totally unwatchable and is hastening the demise of the sport.
Can't really call him the Mayweather since Floyd has never tasted defeat. They may be unwatchable but as long as they get the W......

They used to say that about my Rockets first championship and it being unbearable to watch with that Knicks series being a grind it out low scoring 80s type of game. Well I enjoyed it no less than any fan would and it for sure was twice as great when it was done back 2 back.

All this talk of how Houston is way lesser of a team than the teams remaining were totally wrong and how everyone wanted to play Houston. Can't argue getting to game 7 as luck whether they win or lose.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #583
melvind
Banned

Quote:
Hey this team is called the "Houston Rockets" and not the "hardens". As most people say it is about what is on the front of the jersey and not the back. Credit the Rockets they took this game in the 4th. No referees help, no Harden parade to the free throw line..just pure heart....

Well you can admit now that the Clips won't win in 5 or 6 as you predicted. You were wrong....... More than a "shooter's chance"...
Old 05-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #584
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Can't really call him the Mayweather since Floyd has never tasted defeat. They may be unwatchable but as long as they get the W......

They used to say that about my Rockets first championship and it being unbearable to watch with that Knicks series being a grind it out low scoring 80s type of game. Well I enjoyed it no less than any fan would and it for sure was twice as great when it was done back 2 back.

All this talk of how Houston is way lesser of a team than the teams remaining were totally wrong and how everyone wanted to play Houston. Can't argue getting to game 7 as luck whether they win or lose.
I will admit that the Rockets now seem better than I thought they were. They deserve some credit for taking the Clippers to 7. That they have held their own with the Clippers is not completely the result of the sum of Clippers' failures and Harden's charging into defenders.

I don't think Harden is easy to like. And I don't think his style of play is good for the future of the game. But if I were from Houston and grew up going to Rockets games, I'd root for the Rockets.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:50 AM   #585
spreedom
Diamond Member

Word around Memphis is that their top off-season priority (after re-signing Gasol) is to update their shooting guard spot. Boy, would I love to trade for Courtney Lee or Tony Allen (or both!) if they try to dump them for cap space.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:41 PM   #586
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Well, time for all the people who said Houston would lose this series to eat some crow.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #587
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Well, time for all the people who said Houston would lose this series to eat some crow.
I'll eat crow as soon as I'm done dry heaving. I can't stand watching a player take 18 FTs.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-17-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #588
bunkmoreland

Quote:
I'll eat crow as soon as I'm done dry heaving. I can't stand watching a player take 18 FTs.
Well said.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #589
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

"Harden thought there was a foul there"

I haven't heard that before.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:37 PM   #590
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Man, Warriors are playing like crap. Just no energy.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:39 PM   #591
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Wow, Howard may be one of the most arrogant bastards in the whole league, but staying with Curry there all the way to the rim was insane.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #592
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Just don't think anyone can handle GS in a 7 game series. They're as safe of a bet to win it all as there has been in a while.

And talk about hitting the jackpot with Steve Kerr.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:08 PM   #593
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Just don't think anyone can handle GS in a 7 game series. They're as safe of a bet to win it all as there has been in a while.
Yeah, it helps that GS didn't use their offseason to invest in a big bag of d!cks to choke on like the Clips did... Dubs in 5.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #594
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

@Sherman_Alexie: LA Laker win #2 pick so they'll have talented rookie who decrepit Kobe will alternately ignore & berate on & off the court.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-20-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #595
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

And talk about hitting the jackpot with Steve Kerr.
Some places had GS up to -900 to win the series
Old 05-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #596
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@Sherman_Alexie: LA Laker win #2 pick so they'll have talented rookie who decrepit Kobe will alternately ignore & berate on & off the court.
nice find Erica.

-check this-
LeBron has led team in points/rebounds/assists in 33 playoff games. That's as many as any other 3 players combined.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 PM   #597
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Well, who wants a Dubs-Cavs finals?
Old 05-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #598
Underdog

Quote:
Well, who wants a Dubs-Cavs finals?
Yeah, no Carroll = no chance.

Seems like injuries determined at least half the playoff series this year... I mean, they do every year, but it seems like more than usual.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:55 PM   #599
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Also, anyone expect Doc to return?

Lots of good coaches available this year, Doc is the first coach to blow two 3-1 leads in a 7 game series

On the other hand, he seems to get along well with CP3 and had them playing pretty well before the choke job.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-20-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #600
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also, anyone expect Doc to return?

Lots of good coaches available this year, Doc is the first coach to blow two 3-1 leads in a 7 game series

On the other hand, he seems to get along well with CP3 and had them playing pretty well before the choke job.
Doc will return...DeAndre may not (though I still think it's more than 50% likely he does).

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote