Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-23-2006, 02:35 PM   #561
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
I care. I care, good buddy. After careful analysis, it's actually Arnold Drummond holding that torch. It's an easy mistake for anyone to make.
well the world don't move to the beat of just one drumb.....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 01-23-2006 at 02:35 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2006, 02:41 PM   #562
MavsN06

MavsN06 will become famous soon enough

Looks like the suspense will continue:

'Lost' cast members find big pay rises
Mon Jan 23, 1:22 AM ET

The cast of ABC's "Lost" has even more to cheer about beyond the show's recent Golden Globe win for best drama series.

"Lost" producer Touchstone Television has offered all original members of the large ensemble cast a substantial salary bump in exchange for an additional year to the actors' current contracts. The studio's pre-emptive offer would see the actors earn almost $80,000 each an episode next season, the show's third, up from a range of about $20,000-$40,000 for most cast members this season.

All original cast members, including Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Josh Holloway, Naveen Andrews, Dominic Monaghan, Terry O'Quinn, Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim and Harold Perrineau, have been offered the same deal and are expected to take it. Fox, who plays the pivotal role of Jack, is said to have earned an extra bonus of at least

$250,000.

However, in the spirit of the show where no character is safe from being killed off or otherwise removed from the mysterious island where the series is set, the actors are said to have no guarantees about the length of their tenure on the show.

Representatives for Touchstone TV and all "Lost" cast members declined comment for this report. ABC and Touchstone are owned by Walt Disney Co.

The substantial raise would put the "Lost" actors on par with what the ladies of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" are now making, industry sources said. The core "Housewives" quartet of Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria, who also started off in the $20,000-$40,000 range, all reportedly received bonuses of $250,000 midway though the show's first season as well as equal salary bumps for Season 2, bringing their per-episode fees to the high-five to low-six figures, depending on each actress' starting salary.

This is understood to be the first salary bump for the "Lost" cast members, who reportedly received a bonus of an extra episode fee between Seasons 1 and 2.

"Lost," which boasts one of the largest casts and the highest production values in primetime, has been a passion project for most of the actors on the show.

When actors sign on to do a network pilot, they are automatically committed to long-term deals that usually run at least five years. It's common industry practice that when a show is a big hit, cast members are rewarded with salary bumps and bonuses beyond the studio's contractual obligations. "Lost" has been the rare combination of a critical and commercial hit for ABC, earning a rabid worldwide following, the Emmy last year for best drama series and the drama series Golden Globe last week.

"Lost" has done very well in DVD sales, finishing 2005 as the second-best-selling TV-DVD with 1.04 million units sold, according to trade publication Home Media Retailing, and it has been the driving force for the 1.5 million downloads of Walt Disney Co.-produced series that Apple's iTunes music store has sold for viewing on iPods since Disney struck its groundbreaking download-on-demand licensing pact with Apple in October.

A new-media spin-off designed for cell phones, "Lost Video Diaries," is slated for launch on Verizon V Cast service this month.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #563
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the info N06....keep the articles coming..

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #564
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

he's white, just in shadows.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:49 PM   #565
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

He's actually a person that just happens to be white. Let's not get racist here.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #566
sike
The Preacha

yall is crazy!

Old 01-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #567
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
Think Walt might have developed a case of Stockholm Syndrome?
to quote Sike, "and noone cares???" seriously, what if they try to rescue Walt, but Walt doesn't want to be rescued?
Old 01-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #568
sike
The Preacha

eh....that would be a rather soap opera storyline....the writers, thus far, have proven better than that..

Old 01-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #569
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap! it IS Walt! someone used super CSI type photo rendering to get this output!

http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?i...itwalt26he.gif
Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #570
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
holy crap! it IS Walt! someone used super CSI type photo rendering to get this output!

ummm...er.....ummmm...when did walt grow a goatee?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:38 PM   #571
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Walt looks bored. They shouldn't have a problem getting him to come back, if they can find him.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:48 PM   #572
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:

that looks kinda hoaky...

but I called it if it does indeed prove true

Old 01-23-2006, 11:41 PM   #573
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ha ha. OF COURSE it's hokey.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:19 AM   #574
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
ha ha. OF COURSE it's hokey.
still, looks like a black person to me.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:34 PM   #575
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

dudes, new episode tonight.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #576
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I know. I'll miss it for the first time since I started watching it. Thanfully, I now have a VCR I can record it with.

After tonight, we have to suffer through 2 weeks before a new one.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #577
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

weren't you supposed to get TiVo someday?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #578
sike
The Preacha

decent show tonight...not great....but ok.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:57 PM   #579
sike
The Preacha

where could Hurley have seen Libby before???

Old 01-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #580
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that confused me. Does Hurley still think he's seen her somewhere before, or was he satisfied that he simply forgot that he stepped on her foot?

If he really has seen her before, then she's holding back something, because no one could ever forget meeting Hurley.......

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:53 AM   #581
Theoitzki

Theoitzki is on a distinguished road

IMO, Libby was a doctor at Hurleys mental hospital? Possibly, she is a physciatrist

Also, alot of people on the island are killers
Eko
Ana Lucia
Jack
Sawyer
Kate
Sayid
Jin?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:30 AM   #582
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, theo, i'd agree with that assumption. Libby = Psychiatrist, Hurley = nutjob. probably knows her from the mental hospital. we'll probably see that in Libby's flashback or Hurley's next one.

ok episode. certainly filler, although it's now even more clear that charlie sucks.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-26-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #583
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
yeah, theo, i'd agree with that assumption. Libby = Psychiatrist, Hurley = nutjob. probably knows her from the mental hospital. we'll probably see that in Libby's flashback or Hurley's next one.

ok episode. certainly filler, although it's now even more clear that charlie sucks.
charlie is sheer greatness....I appreciate that his story is a drag....but that's how it goes...

Good thought on Libby knowing Hurley from tha nut house....

oh...and how is Jack a killer?

Old 01-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #584
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Charlie = IDIOT

How pathetic he is.

My biggest ? was, why did Locke save the statues? WTF for?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #585
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
My biggest ? was, why did Locke save the statues? WTF for?
I know...it was very odd.....maybe to hold over Charlie's head down the road?

Yall need to show more love to Charlie...I believe him when he says that he was not using...its almost like he was testing his own reslove by hiding those Mary dolls....seeing if he was man enough to refuse the sin....I like the character...and the visions were especially odd....both very Biblical in nature....who is this Aaron going to be????

Old 01-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #586
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I know...it was very odd.....maybe to hold over Charlie's head down the road?

Yall need to show more love to Charlie...I believe him when he says that he was not using...its almost like he was testing his own reslove by hiding those Mary dolls....seeing if he was man enough to refuse the sin....I like the character...and the visions were especially odd....both very Biblical in nature....who is this Aaron going to be????
That did not make sense. This, I have to say, was one of my least (if not very least) favorite episodes. I can appreciate a little Hobbit backstory as much as anyone- but where was Frodo? Was he the drummer in DriveShaft?

Seriously though...I really did not like this episode at all. Tell me more about Dharma. Tell me about the Others. Tell me where Walt is. Tell me about Desmond or the French chick...but tell me about something other than Charlie's insanity and subsequent isolation.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:54 AM   #587
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

now the ultimate determination as to whether this episode sucked will be if the continue with the storyline. If charlie moves himself further away from the group (maybe even joining the others...), then this is good backstory for that. or if we eventually find out about why he had the visions...

but if it is just dropped, and charlie becomes "one of the gang" again, then this episode was nothing more than filler... which sucks.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #588
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

hmmm... interesting post from another board...

Quote:
Oh, and Libby is an Other - she wasn't on the plane. Hurley was the last person on board sitting in the front. Liby was a tailie. How did he step on her foot?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #589
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
hmmm... interesting post from another board...
I wondered the same thing. How could she be a "tailie" if Hurley stepped on her foot?! On the other hand, I distinctly remember Hurley stepping on someone's foot...How else would she know that?!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #590
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

anyone want to look at that episode on dvd?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #591
XERXES
Diamond Member

Smile

Quote:
anyone want to look at that episode on dvd?
I nominate sike or u2, with his trust new state of the art VCR...is Lost Season available on VHS?http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile
Old 01-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #592
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

That would be Exodus right? I will look tonight.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:54 PM   #593
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, exodus.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #594
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

For someone that some are saying wasn't on the plane, she knew a lot of details about Hurley arrival on the plane.

I think we are going to find out Libby was in the john. In Charlie's earlier flashback show, when he goes to the airplane restroom to get his fix, doesn't he go to the bathroom at the back of the plane first and it is locked? Maybe I am making that up.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #595
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

one of the doors was locked, i'm pretty sure.

as for hurley's arrival, she could have gotten info about a fat, sweaty guy's arrival on the plane from anyone else in the camp.

I don't want to think she's one of the others, but something doesn't add up.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 01-26-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #596
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

More disturbing is the use of product placement on a deserted island. We now have a new washing machine and dryer and Jack used purel to sanitize Charlie's cut before stitching it up.

I don't think she is an Other.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #597
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

we've talked about the amount of scrutiny this show is under... i would hope the writers just didn't forget that libby was supposed to be in the tail section for that bit of dialogue...

but WHY is the washer/dryer new? WHY? we must know WHY!
Old 01-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #598
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Heck, the Washer/Dryer being new has been known since the first day of season 2. I have a myriad of questions regarding the Desmond in a bunker living for years angle.

Where the heck did he go?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:25 PM   #599
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, the washer/dryer was obvious in the first episode.

BUT WHY!?!??!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:34 PM   #600
Theoitzki

Theoitzki is on a distinguished road

Well Jack(And Hurley) have been responsible for death(s)

Jack -- the marshall and all his patients
Hurley -- Uncle

I gotta love all the connections on how people knew each other before
Hurley was on TV when Jin went in to send a message
Sayid was on TV when Kate went to her fathers office
Hurley owns the box company that Locke worked for
When Boone went to police station Sawyer was there
Sawyer met Jack's father in a pub
I know im forgetting more

And another 2 of my very own theories
Locke's dad was the real Sawyer (guy who conned him)
Michael was having an affair with Jack's wife

EDIT: Charlies also killed (Ethan)

Last edited by Theoitzki; 01-26-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Theoitzki is offline   Reply With Quote