Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #561
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
If Tyson averages something like what he put up tonight, then we got everything we'd hoped for in the DUST chip, and the trade was very Gasol-esque!
He was fantastic. Just dominant on both sides of the ball. Rebounding, scoring, defending. And it wasn't just blocking a bunch of shots, he stripped the ball out a couple times and contested without fouling well. And this was all without any alley oops...though Kidd did have one his lobs deflected.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2010, 09:34 AM   #562
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
It wasn't the sexy move everyone was hoping for at the time. We've moved the framework of the team to suit his talents. OKC announcer was even hyping up the length we had up front with Dirk-Tyson's arms. Even preseason predictions weren't favoring this, even when he was a "surprise" starter opening night, some had to see to believe. It was a huge shot in the arm on and off the court. Kobe had to show Gasol that toughness. I think Tyson, is bringing it to the Mavs. For one player to have this much of an impact in one aspect of the game is huge, huge.
absolutely. The suck of it is, is that we still need (like LA did) a second scorer - a second franchise type player. If Tyson averages 20 or so points a night (like Pau does), along with the 10 rebounds and the toughness (also like Pau), then we can make comparisons with that trade. Pau's being talked up as the best PF in the league right now, and as the best foreign player ever. Now, you and I know that that's crazy talk, cause Dirk is better than Pau, but when Tyson elevates himself to discussions like that, then we can make comparisons with that trade.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #563
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Clearly some of you have not watched Chandler play lately. He is, in no way, shape, or form, a better basketball player than Dampier. In addition to constantly being hurt, (Bobcats fans nicknamed him PussyFoot), he couldn't even get pt over Theo "50 years old" Ratliff and Nazr Muhammad. Chandler is not a good center anymore.
lots of gems in this thread, haha
Old 06-16-2011, 11:33 PM   #564
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

DUST Chip for the win.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #565
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

ok this is going to be fun
Old 06-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #566
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I just don't think much of the guy's skills. He is not as good of a big man as Drew Gooden, IMO.
Good one brah.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #567
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all

Epic bump is epic.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:49 PM   #568
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That...is deflating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
So the amazing Dust Chip brought us a spare back up center and a French guy?

This can't be the move that is showing Dirk how serious we are about winning...something else will be coming at the deadline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I definitely would rather have Al Jefferson, but better than getting nothing for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoMavs View Post
Tyson is not even a huge upgrade over what Damp brought as a basketball player in recent years let alone contract value. So they used a great expiring contract to get more expiring contracts?
Quote:
Clearly some of you have not watched Chandler play lately. He is, in no way, shape, or form, a better basketball player than Dampier. In addition to constantly being hurt, (Bobcats fans nicknamed him PussyFoot), he couldn't even get pt over Theo "50 years old" Ratliff and Nazr Muhammad. Chandler is not a good center anymore.
Quote:
People are actually happy about this? Tyson Chandler blows.
Quote:
Yes Sir. Economics aside, a lotttt of people don't seem to realize how much Chandler sucks. I've seen a lot of him the past two years. If possible, he's a worse FINISHER than Damp. He's also a baby, and not a great rebounder anymore. Still pretty solid defensively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Roster upgrade is debatable. Chandler is a better player than Damp but what good is that when he's on the IR and he's frail?
Quote:
You're right there's not a debate. Dampier is a much better basketball player than Chandler. You can like the trade, but calling Chandler an upgrade from Damp, player wise, is laughable.
some goodies here
Old 06-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #569
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Boy...there is a whole lotta crow on the menu tonight. Stuffed,braised,roasted,baked,stewed,steamed...so much crow, so little time.

Were there any book-its thrown in there?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 06-16-2011 at 11:54 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #570
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ape View Post
Incredible trade! A busted down, elderly cow and a guy who could never really play basketball in the first place to a stud who looked like a young Kevin Garnett at one time. I haven't paid attention to Chandler much over the last 2-3 years, but at one time he was one of my favourite young players. Athletic, rebounding, shot swatting madness has returned to the Mavs! Chandler is the new Shawn Bradley.
Props to the man, though!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #571
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, just to be clear here, the Mavs had no idea he would be this good either. I've actually heard Donnie admit what I said from the beginning; it was a gamble, and if it didn't work, they had an expiring contract to trade. If Chandler had a two or three year contract they never, ever would have made that deal.

So the quotes are funny, but they weren't really all that inaccurate at the time.

Although I will say LDub putting Chandler below Gooden shocked me at the time. That dude needs to learn his basketball.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #572
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Nice move. Its no CP3 but who knows if someone of that caliber was even available.

Haywood/Chandler/Mahinmi/Ajinca now? Thats the biggest lineup of defensively minded centers the Mavs have ever had even if the 3rd and 4th stringers arent necessarily ready for starting minutes. Chandler can make a major defensive impact on the floor and its good that we have another starting-caliber player to keep him from being worn down.

Chandler 7'1"- defensive guy that was averaging 9-9 just a season ago and a starting-caliber player when not injured/worn
Ajinca 7'1"- a guy that put up 15-8 and 3 bpg in the d-league last year
Haywood 7'0"- solid double-double guy given the minutes
Mahinmi 6'11"- third year center with a decent all around skillset and strong on-the-ball defense
After being so wrong on my other thread, I needed a little bit of back patting (even if I totally overhyped Ajinca and Mahinmi's on-the-ball defense may be great but his rotations were TERRIBLE this year

Anyway, imagine if we went into the finals with only Haywood and Mahinmi-- OK dont. I dont wanna depress anyone

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 06-17-2011 at 12:13 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #573
jcm28

jcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to alljcm28 is a name known to all

Greatest bump ever. Funny to see how so many of us (me included) didnt like the trade in the first place. Real glad to see how Ty completely shut us up
Old 06-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #574
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Although I will say LDub putting Chandler below Gooden shocked me at the time. That dude needs to learn his basketball.
It's weird, cause I absolutely despised Gooden's game before he came here. Then I actually grew to like it somewhat. I still think the Mavs beat the Spurs last year if we managed to get him back after the Butler trade.

But yeah....not my finest moment.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #575
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I don’t hate the move. Chandler has apparently been working hard and is looking to have a bounce back contract year and Ajinca is young and athletic. Plus we managed to rid ourselves of the last remnant of the Diop MLE debacle. Just have to continue to hope that we can flip our remaining assets for a difference maker.
Kind of tepid but compared to some of the responses this is a ringing endorsement
Old 06-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #576
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
exactly, Chandler isn't a savior. But if we were going to wait to trade damp mid-season, we can at least get a more athletic guy (chandler) in the meantime, with an expiring contract to trade at mid-season.
Ringing endorsement!

Old 06-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #577
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I was pretty pissed at the trade day but after reading then all the comments about team USA and that Chandler looks great and 100% healthy i got pretty excited about a "80-90% Hornets Chandler"
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #578
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I'm grossed out. Do the Mavs want the French National Team to play for us now?
SMH at myself.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #579
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, this thread makes me look smarter than I really am...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #580
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem I had with Chandler was his injury history. J-ho and D. Harris really made me think that once injury prone, a player is always injury prone. The fact he didn't pass a physical was extremely telling to me.

I'm glad I was wrong. And to think that yeah, I hadn't followed him in a long time, and when he played his first year in Chicago, I thought to myself "wow, this is exactly the type of player we need" (especially in that stretch he had multiple consecutive 20+ rebound games). Heck, I even told a friend of mine who is from Chicago that Chandler is exactly the player we needed (this was when we had our rebounding woes years, I think).
Old 06-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #581
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default UD ain't never lied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I wonder how much of Chandler's fall-off (injury aside) had to do with not having Chris Paul around?

Imagine Kidd & Chandler connecting like this...

(that painful memory could be a bright future!)
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

And while we're on the subject...

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 06-17-2011 at 11:49 AM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #582
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

The greatest thing about this thread is the conviction with which some people declared the trade a failure and even went so far as to say that Damp (!) was a better player than Chandler. CadBane, you've got to admit that you delivered some hilarious evaluations in this thread.

That said, a lot of the disappointment had to do with the fact that we had MUCH higher expectations in the first place and Chandler was struggling big time in Charlotte prior to the trade. Plus, his health was a big concern 12 months ago.

Speaking of questionable evaluations in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger
That's the silver lining we definitely need with the assumption in mind that we're in no position to compete for a championship as currently constructed.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #583
Scott McGuire

Scott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to beholdScott McGuire is a splendid one to behold

This is a very interesting thread to read back through. As soon as I heard we got Tyson I was really happy to get him. I was a season ticket holder for his two best seasons in New Orleans. He was always such a hard worker and a great guy.

I was however in the same mindset of some that we were being cheap with not using the Damp Chip for Al Jefferson. I was hoping to get the next piece to build around. Good thing I'm not the Mavs GM because I would have gotten Jefferson and our defense would have been terrible.
Scott McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #584
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think once we began getting opportunities to see him play for Team USA a lot of guys started seeing the light but who could have imagined how much change a year could bring!

So it turns out the DUST chip WAS all it was hyped up to be.

It was what we thought it was! And it let us of the hook!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #585
oiboyz

oiboyz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
That sums it up!
oiboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #586
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McGuire View Post
This is a very interesting thread to read back through. As soon as I heard we got Tyson I was really happy to get him. I was a season ticket holder for his two best seasons in New Orleans. He was always such a hard worker and a great guy.

I was however in the same mindset of some that we were being cheap with not using the Damp Chip for Al Jefferson. I was hoping to get the next piece to build around. Good thing I'm not the Mavs GM because I would have gotten Jefferson and our defense would have been terrible.
No doubt. I knew Al Jefferson was terrible on defense though. Minnesota was awful on defense. His offense couldn't make up for his defense.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #587
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted Jefferson, I was wrong. Jjb playing well, Shawn posting up, stevenson/Caron, Carlisle, jet playing a two way game made me wrong. Their improved offense was a huge difference. Then we got a humongous culture change from Tyson, that was the truly unexpected.

It's hard to look only at tysons basketball skills and see the difference he was going to make. Very glad to be dead ass wrong on this one.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #588
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Reading the first pages im so glad not to have Beavis sitting on a MLE contract with three years left...
Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #589
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
This one is my personal favorite (even though it wasn't in as big a moment as the Lakers Game 1 instance):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1L8h-TqNSA&feature=fvst

Just....wow.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:48 AM   #590
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This one is my personal favorite (even though it wasn't in as big a moment as the Lakers Game 1 instance):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1L8h-TqNSA&feature=fvst

Just....wow.
Terry threw more than a few beautiful 'oops during the playoffs.

Hell, we got so lob crazy during this run that even Marion tossed one up to Chandler...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 06-18-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #591
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Terry threw more than a few beautiful 'oops during the playoffs.

Hell, we got so lob crazy during this run that even Marion tossed one up to Chandler...
He did that more than once. They ran that Marion/Chandler pick and roll at the free throw line a handful of times throughout the run. I love that play. So unconventional.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #592
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Marion had a nice lob to tyson on a fast break against the heat, too.

It was nice to have an athletic guy that could finish those, even if the pass wasn't perfect. Tyson made kidd (and others) look good by finishing even the super high passes. Those would have sailed over damp. Hell, Damp would have just dropped the perfect passes anyway.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #593
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson Chandler really makes me hate Erick Dampier...
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #594
sefant77
Guru

Im always amazed how some center have magical glue hands like Chandler and other hands like damp....
Old 06-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #595
LonghornDub

I just don't see the need to bag on Damp. Chandler is obviously better, but Damp got such an unfair rap while he was here.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #596
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Dampier did have a couple of things going for him.... but to me, ignorance is bliss. I thought Dampier to the Mavs was the best thing we could ever hope for. Forgiving his offensive ineptitude, mostly due to his hands of stop, he always crashed the boards on both ends, could NOT be bullied by anyone in the league, Shaq included, excellent post defender, good weakside defender, set some nice screens.... but wow, Tyson is on another tier entirely.

Like Darth Ape said (wherever he may be now, europe or otherwise), he's like a Kevin Garnett of sorts with his incredible activity on the defensive end, shot blocking, rebounding... he's just missing the jumpshot, and the sh*t-talking. Physically he's there, and hopefully Dirk and Holger can help him out a bit with his jump shot. That way he could stay with us and play PF when he and Dwight Howard were on the floor simultaneously....
Old 06-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #597
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Damp was pretty much judged by his contract. He wasn't as bad as people made him out to be, but his flaws were magnified by how much money he was making (not to mention he represented the money we didn't pay Steve Nash).
Old 06-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #598
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dampier was one of my favorite mavs while here in Dallas. People around here usually have a difficult time judging how much a player impacts a game if he's not putting points on the board.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #599
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

He definitely shot FTs pretty damn well for a big man.

Oh wait...

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 06-18-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #600
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

His FT % was more than acceptable for a big man.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote