Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-16-2005, 12:25 PM   #561
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Lost

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
rumors that I have heard are that

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Jack's Dad is the original Sawyer. The one who caused Sawyer to be who he is... And Sawyer finally caught up with him in Australia. That's why he was there.

So Sawyer has a bone to pick with Jack. Not sure if all that is true, though.
No way that is true. Jack's dad is a surgeon. Wouldn't have time to work in a car dealership as part of the Sawyer story.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2005, 12:36 PM   #562
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lost

yeah, i agree. but could have been earlier in Jack's Dad's life. who knows? I think the connection is more along the lines of what I posted above.

Xerxes just asked for on-line spoilers.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #563
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Below is the non-spoiler aintitcoolnews preview for tonight's episode.

Quote:
Don’t know who Drew Goddard is? His first produced teleplay ever, “Selfless,” was for my money the best final-season episode of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” (though many think another he wrote on, “Conversations With Dead People,” was the best of that season); he wrote on “Angel” during its fifth, final and best season; and he wrote “Liberty Village,” the best episode of “Alias” aired this year. He wrote tonight’s “Lost” and it is titled “Outlaws,” and it centers around Sawyer.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #564
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

very good episode. I liked how sawyer's story kinda ties in with Charlie, as both he and sawyer are probably going through the same thing, killing a man for the first time.

i really liked this episode, even though there was no advancement of the storyline on the island. but it looks like next week will give us that. and at the end, you were thinking sawyer would have a change of heart and at least mention to Jack that he met his Dad... but of course he didn't. that'll come though, I'm sure.

so were we to think that the boar was "possessed" by the guy he killed, like the dog in locke's story? giving closure to Sawyer about killing the wrong man?

loved the red sox statement. obviously they missed the world series cause they are on the island.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:12 PM   #565
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

good episode...though i hate episodes where we dont get any new info on the nature of the island...
Old 02-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #566
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, we got nothing. but it looks like next week we'll get some info.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:57 PM   #567
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

did anyone else notice that there was not even a Boone sighting?? Do you think maybe he's dead? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Oh I hope so!

Locke was pretty funny in his scene...I almost feel like this was an empty episode...they took the whole episode to tell us that Sawyer killed a dude. I liked the show, as before mentioned, Sawyer is my favorite character....but I can't wait till next week when we get to see the Island destroy Mike's boat....that is what we think will happen, right?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:04 AM   #568
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I think one day we will find out that Locke burns the raft.... not the "Island". Just like we will find out that Locke knocked Sayid in the head when he was trying to track down the signal location.

Locke has no interest in leaving the Island. Let 4 people leave, they get discovered and next comes the rescuers.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:57 AM   #569
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Locke and has made a pact with the Devil....U2 is right, if it's up to him, they're not going anywhere...

Locke= Saboteur (which, btw, is my nickname in certain circles.)
Old 02-17-2005, 02:05 PM   #570
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

as in, "Who ate the entire pizza without offering any to us?"...."ahhhh, the fat, ugly Saboteur.."

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-17-2005, 02:12 PM   #571
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Even though there was no "island storyline" last night, it was one of my favorite episodes. I really liked finding out Sawyer got conned into killing someone, and that Jack's dad had inadvertantly egged him on. Nice.

I'm a little bit concerend that this show may "E.R. Syndrome" - there are only so many characters you can jam into forty minutes a week.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:16 PM   #572
sike
The Preacha

mary, they certainly have not fallen into that so far...Walt and Mike and others have barely even been in the last couple episodes...

I like it when Sawyer and Kate played "I Never"....great scene.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:21 PM   #573
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Sawyer needs to keep his grimy little hands off my.... I mean... Jack's Kate.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #574
sike
The Preacha

nothing wrong with a little love between murderers....

Old 02-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #575
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Sawyer can get his bone in "Jack's Kate" any time he wants to. It didn't take him long to get his tongue down her throat. It's just a matter of time before he puts his tongue somewhere else. It's time for Kate to stop playing games and do what God put her on this Earth to do. Stop flirting and get fertilized, woman! Kate needs a man interested less in torturing and more in procreating.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:24 PM   #576
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Sawyer can get his bone in "Jack's Kate" any time he wants to. It didn't take him long to get his tongue down her throat. It's just a matter of time before he puts his tongue somewhere else. It's time for Kate to stop playing games and do what God put her on this Earth to do. Stop flirting and get fertilized, woman! Kate needs a man interested less in torturing and more in procreating.
Whenever you post in here, it makes me feel unclean.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 05:04 PM   #577
sike
The Preacha

some of that is over the edge...

Old 02-17-2005, 08:17 PM   #578
XERXES
Diamond Member

it reminded me of my college days when they played "i never"...

especially when they talked about blaming your problems on a wild boar...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #579
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Ladies and gents I have just seen the best episode of Lost. such greatness
Old 02-23-2005, 10:07 PM   #580
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, i thought this episode was great. a lot of insight into Jin. But i don't see why he was so hard to her at the very end. seemed like the perfect time for them to reconcile... but i guess that's just what this show does... can't solve all the problems at once.

but the part where Jin beat the crap out of that guy was a great scene. "I Just saved your life". As was the scene with his father. very telling.

anyone else weirded out by the coupling of sayid and shannon? just not who I'd expect to see together...

so for next week, evidence of more people... a rope bridge that someone else obviously built, lots of booby traps, and rifles...
Old 02-23-2005, 10:31 PM   #581
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sneaky network! They scheduled Lost to end at 8:01 - which of course conflicted with the game - therefore, my Lost eppy didn't record. Sneaky bastards!

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:40 PM   #582
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

good episode!!!

Did anyone else notice that Hurley was on the little girls TV when Jin went to visist that official guy the first time, when he got the dog. It's right after Jin tells him that he has a message from what's his face. The guy asks him not to give it to him in front of his daughter and they pan over to her. I've got it tivo'd and it's totally hurley. Looks like he's getting into a car and it's a paparazzi or news crew filming. I can't WAIT to learn more about Hurley.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:14 AM   #583
XERXES
Diamond Member

I noticed Hurley on the TV set. That was cool.

The episode, in general, was a good one. i was a little disappointed that Walt burned the boat (ark)...I thought we were going to learn a few more secrets about the workings of the island...oh well...
Old 02-24-2005, 12:42 AM   #584
sike
The Preacha

I called walt burning down the raft....proving once more my genius. (freakin Locke knows everything)

Like the "I just saved your life" line......it just swung Jin as a much more interesting character IMO.....The genius of this show is how they always recall you back to previous episodes to tie in deeper meaning to characters....

I noticed Hurley as well....somehow they are all connected?

I liked Sawyer calling Jin, "Bruce"(ala Bruce Lee)....and also like how Jin is not some sort of Ninja or martial arts expert (as has become the stero type for all Asians)

This show is greatness

also don't like the Shannon/Sayid......but mostly because I just want Shannon to die...

Old 02-24-2005, 01:13 AM   #585
XERXES
Diamond Member

I, too, was uncomfortable with Sayid and Shannon. Especially now that I know Sayid dates Barbara Hershey in real life (I think she is close to 60 years old.)

Also, I have an HSO on shannon: Not that hot, buddy. Some of you guys have overrated her.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:17 AM   #586
sike
The Preacha

all men overrate her....if they want anything less than her death

Old 02-24-2005, 01:40 AM   #587
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Shannon may not be Elizabeth Hurley or anythng, but She's certianly not something to shake your stick at (or is she?). She's got that whole "I'm a spoiled little rich girl who knows I'm the hottest thing on this island and if you catch me a fish, I might bone you" thing going on. Gotta love that. It doesn't hurt that she actually IS the hottest thing on the island.

You know who else is suprisingly hot? That asian lady. I didn't think twice about her until I saw her in a bikini. BAM! The girl has a nice body. Maybe Sawyer can teach her a thing or two, too. Seeing as he's kicked her husband's ass, I guess she's now his property. At least under Korean law...
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 01:46 AM   #588
sike
The Preacha

Sun has no butt whatsoever.....which is a vital necessity for any bikini

also....sike prefers Kate and prego Claire to the skinny shannon....far too toothy for my tastes....you can shake whatever you want at her as far as I'm concerned

Old 02-24-2005, 03:13 AM   #589
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Yeah, sawyer really whipped jin's ass. Cheap shots...
Old 02-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #590
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
sike prefers Kate and prego Claire to the skinny shannon....far too toothy for my tastes....
I concur with sike's assertation of the islands females. But, we have to ask "where does Danielle rank?"

Old 02-24-2005, 10:04 AM   #591
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

man, just thinking about this... this show has the best characters on tv right now... and Locke is by far the best, if not one of the best characters in tv history. i loved the way he delivered that line, "why did you burn the raft, walt?"
Old 02-24-2005, 12:11 PM   #592
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
one of the best characters in tv history.
have another steak sandwich and tap dem breaks a bit.....

is Danielle the French chic? Because I'm pretty sure that was a man playing a woman! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #593
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

What a frickin' episode.

I thought sike called the Island destroying the raft. I didn't think we would find out in the same episode.

As to Sayid and Shannon, I saw this one coming... I wasn't creeped out by it at all.

And I used to dislike Jin. But just like that, I don't anymore.

Now I want Michael to keep his Walt-rearing fingers off Sun.

Why was it "too late" to "start over"? That made no sense.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #594
sike
The Preacha

durig the episode...the previews are very misleading (and I like that) I called Walt...my wife in the only witness I have.....

I like Jin just enough now that when he dies it will sadden me....

I agree, the whole theme of the episode was "starting over"....I thought it was the perfect opportunity for them to reconsile their differences...but I guess that is the greatness of this show...

and remember, they have promised to reveal the "monster" before the season's end....

does anyone else think that next episode will just be another French woman episode? Or do you actually think we will meet new people on the island?

Old 02-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #595
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

telling you man, he just oozes amazing. o'quinn does a great job with the character. just the way he talks to people. his delivery. all great.

i was thinking about that, sike. remember, sayid was caught by the booby trap the french woman set. maybe she has set these others, and the rifle we see is hers.

u2, of course we saw the relationship between sayid and shannon coming. it's been building up for like 5 episodes. i'm just saying the actual coupling of those two is weird. he just seems so much more intelligent and well, less scatter-brained.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:02 PM   #596
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Big Boy Laroux
u2, of course we saw the relationship between sayid and shannon coming. it's been building up for like 5 episodes. i'm just saying the actual coupling of those two is weird. he just seems so much more intelligent and well, less scatter-brained.
I don't think it's entirely his brain that is pursuing this relationship. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

That conversation between Locke and Walt, that was great TV. It also made me feel even more confident that Locke was the one that bopped Sayid in the head.

The intense Jin fight scene towards the end, that was some of the best Television I can remember seeing.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:57 PM   #597
XERXES
Diamond Member

Let me ask a question:

Isn't one of the major cast members supposed to die in the first season? I thought I had read that. If so, how many episodes are left? Can we start a poll regarding who gets the axe?

Old 02-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #598
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

the major cast member already died. it was scott. or steve, i can't remember... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

yeah, U2, both scenes were great. the fight was just awesome. Jin speaking korean, michael not understanding and getting angrier, then punching him again, until Sun stops everything.

I have a translation from the non-subtitled parts of the show. some spoilers, which I'll mark (this is cut from another site):

After Jin sees Sun in swimming suit....

J : "What are you doing here, why are you wearing that?"

S : "I'm just trying to take a swim"

J : "you have another bathing suit, why this one?"

S : "Stop it"

J : "Let's Go, hurry"

S : "Where?"

J : "Everyond is looking at you, let's go change"

S : "Be quiet, you're too loud"(She falls down)

J : "Get up"

S : "Why are you doing this"

J : "Don't you get my words?"

(Michael shows up)

J : "It's not your problem......
who are you to talk to me like that?"

(Sun slaps Michael)

SPOILER SPOILER
----------------------------------------------
(When Jin goes to the man's house/the back groud sound)

TV screen was too blury to read... sorry...
But i think it said "LA" in korean...
The back groud sound is bloked by jin and the other guy...but this is what i catched....
The person who is speaking in the TV...her korean is really bad... I mean really bad...so it was hard to hear her... ABC should get actors who have greater koreans skills...(Jin's korean is getting better by the way)

It seems like a local news...

Someone had the TV Screen captured...
I've looked over...it reads

First line "Lucky Winner"
Second Line "Los Angelas, California"

woman's voice "Tomorow........."

Man's Voice "...is going to get rich....He was living an ordinary life up till now.............But everything is going to change now. Most people dream the numbers.......

woman's voice "Tonight......"

(there are lot's of parts missing in between...sorry but it's not really that easy to hear since korean spoken by the tow voices were really bad! and Jin and Mr Paik was lottle too loud...)

SPOILER OVER
--------------------------------------------

By the way jin doesn't speak or hear english...
They blures the sounds...when Jin is brought to the shore...he's looking around everyone...and it's not clear what everyone is talking about...

Jin looks at Sun and says...

J : "You don't belive me either?"

"I didn'd do it"
(Michael says "woy said something to me?)

"I didn't do it, I didn't start the fire...
do you understand"

(Michael hits jin)

"When i reached the boat, it was already on fire"

(Michael hit agian)

"I tired to stop the fire, that's what happend to my hands"

(After everyone fins out Sun spoke english)

S : "He asks, why did you run, when you didn't do that?"

------------------------------------------------
Old 02-24-2005, 03:38 PM   #599
XERXES
Diamond Member

very cool.

seriously, will there be another death or not?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 PM   #600
sike
The Preacha

I think there should be.....Scott's death left me feeling......like Boone should die.