Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #561
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
Well, I do follow the Stars all season. I'm just more vocal around the playoffs But I will be staying up all night for every Stars game and be here.
ditto.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 PM   #562
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Wheres the nasty stuff? I expect some nasty stuff here at the end.

6 minutes...
lots of desperation shots from the dicks.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:31 PM   #563
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

5 minutes...

that place is freaking dead
Old 04-10-2008, 11:35 PM   #564
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

3 minutes...
Old 04-10-2008, 11:37 PM   #565
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Turco saved the clean sheet. Close one.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #566
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

w00t
Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #567
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Turco you rule. Morrow you rule. Flaco your sig rules.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM   #568
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I am in complete shock
Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #569
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

"The ice is bad and it looks like the buildings infrastructure is as well"

-Razor on the Pond.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 PM   #570
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well this is a far cry from last years opening game, a 4 OT affair until 2:30 am.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #571
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
By the way, despite my slight instinct to rip people for being Hockey fans only during the playoffs, I realize that is the best the hockey fan can expect in these troubled times.

So I say: the more the merrier.

Join me friends. Caseman, Windmill, mkat, thig....jump on it. The gettin is pretty good as of right now!!!!

the NHL playoffs are the most dramatic, btw, though only in my humble estimation

Wait till we have an OT game.
I really like hockey, whenever I sit down and watch it. But I only have so much room on my sports plate. I am 100% locked into Mavs, Rangers and Cowboys when they're playing, so I have to give up something somewhere if I want to remain married and employed.

But I love playoff Dallas Starts hockey.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #572
Caseman
Golden Member

Bob Stern is already denouncing this game. He sure is a buzz kill.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #573
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

It's ok, Dan is trying to keep him honest.

btw, I dont blame him.

I mean...come one...look at the trends
Old 04-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #574
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I really like hockey, whenever I sit down and watch it. But I only have so much room on my sports plate. I am 100% locked into Mavs, Rangers and Cowboys when they're playing, so I have to give up something somewhere if I want to remain married and employed.

But I love playoff Dallas Starts hockey.

Tonight, after a Dirk clutch 3, and a playoff shutout....Thig....you are so sexy.

All of you are.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #575
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

That was awesome. There's nothing more we could have asked for. There's lots & lots of hockey to go, but tonight, we should all just be thrilled w/the way our team came out. WTG boys.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #576
Caseman
Golden Member

They actually gave Brad May the 2nd star. How do you give any Anahiem player a star when you lose 4-0?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #577
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

lol. Brad May.

Yeah ok....

That is a mother effing joke.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #578
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

For tonight ONLY:

Ohhhhhhh YEAH!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #579
Caseman
Golden Member

Quote:
For tonight ONLY:

Ohhhhhhh YEAH!!!!
What about when they take Game 2?

Headin' off now. Great sportsy night. Peace.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:17 AM   #580
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I am just so pumped right now.

I know its just one game.

I know that Anaheim will bring the punch in the mouth on Saturday, but tonight.... 4-0?

Happiness is in order for the next 24 hours or so.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-11-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #581
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
I am just so pumped right now.

I know its just one game.

I know that Anaheim will bring the punch in the mouth on Saturday, but tonight.... 4-0?

Happiness is in order for the next 24 hours or s.
woooooorrrrdddd.

i'm hoping this is kind of a mental breakdown that will continue over the whole series.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #582
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well this is a far cry from last years opening game, a 4 OT affair until 2:30 am.
I wish it would have gone four OT's tonight. And I remember that game!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #583
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg

Seriously dude..I had the red bull (and vodka) ready to go this year.

I will save it for Saturday now.

This series will have an OT game.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:46 AM   #584
mkat
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
that was crazy. i think i was posting here that night....playoff hockey. damn.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #585
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Old 04-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #586
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's nice of him to help the guy with his face itch.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #587
mnmpeanut

mnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to allmnmpeanut is a name known to all

junior miller said yesterday may have been the greatest non-title winning sports day in metroplex history - rangers sweep doubleheader, mavs clinch playoff spot against good team with last minute heroics, and stars dominate game one against defending stanley cup champs.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #588
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Yeah it's pretty hard to argue.

It was a lot to take in, and I was only trying to frantically keep track of the Mavs and Stars at the same time.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #589
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah it's pretty hard to argue.

It was a lot to take in, and I was only trying to frantically keep track of the Mavs and Stars at the same time.
I was at game 2 of the double header. I thank the wireless networks that I took full advantage of last night to keep me updated throughout the game.

I got to listen to the last part of the 2nd Period and all of the 3rd period on the way home from the Ballpark, despite the protests from my daughters wanting to watch Shrek instead. It was past their bedtime so their dog had no fight.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:59 PM   #590
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
I got to listen to the last part of the 2nd Period and all of the 3rd period on the way home from the Ballpark, despite the protests from my daughters wanting to watch Shrek instead. It was past their bedtime so their dog had no fight.
Dude, clearly you've been setting a bad precedent by letting them watch things in the car.

How are they going to be good P1's and future Ticket Chicks if you don't dial up spooooorts in the car?
Old 04-12-2008, 02:52 AM   #591
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

we not doing gdts for the playoffs this year?
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:51 AM   #592
wesbrynt

wesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the roughwesbrynt is a jewel in the rough

after a ass whipping in game 1, I expect we see a different ducks team tonight. However I am calling an overtime game with a brad richards game winner 8 minutes in. Go stars and come on turco we need another mastadonian game from you. Baby arm
Old 04-12-2008, 06:38 AM   #593
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
we not doing gdts for the playoffs this year?
The result of the first non-GDT was a 4-0 blowout (that IS considered a blowout in hockey, right?), so it's probably a good idea to stick with this until it fails.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:27 AM   #594
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I concur with Dirka.

We keep it rollin until it changes.

Five-o, you can start a GDT for game 3 if tonight...well you know. I will be home for game 3 but I will be at game 4
Old 04-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #595
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

i know flaco. thats why i asked instead of actually starting one. that said i think we beat them again tonight though i think this one is gonna be alot tighter. i got the stars 2-1 in OT with ribeiro scoring the game winner.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #596
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's go stars! Let's go stars!
Old 04-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #597
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

6 hours...
Old 04-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #598
mkat
Platinum Member

you're gonna hate me, but i can see this game going about like the last one....especially if the ducks play it more timid to reduce the penalty minutes.

lehts go stars!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:41 PM   #599
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Considering the amount of playoff hockey I've seen, and just history in general, I think this one can be scripted to follow suit. The Ducks will play extremely well defensively, and the Stars will be the ones that are in the box a lot.

Marty Turco needs an incredible effort tonight if the game is to be won.

I for one will be shocked if the Ducks don't have a VERY strong 1st period.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 04-12-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #600
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I feel compelled to point out that our 3 rookie defensemen didn't do anything dumb last game, and their veteran-best-defensive-group-in-the-NHL guys did everything wrong.

I hope this can continue.