Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #561
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

unshun
Well.... she was just as wet as Juliet..... and the rain was pretty steady.
reshun

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 03-07-2008 at 11:28 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #562
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

So are we to assume that Abbadon works for Widmore?

We know that Penny and her father are both looking for the island, but surely not together? Did one of them learn of it from the other? Do they know that they're both trying to find it?
Old 03-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #563
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

unshun
I think it more likely that Penny knows her father is looking for it, but not as likely that her father knows about her daughter. He obviously knew Desmond was there though... why else give Naomi the picture?
reshun
Old 03-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #564
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

/unshun

Exactly...I wonder if she was supposed to kill desmond or what?

...who are we shunning again?

RESHUN
Old 03-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #565
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

quadruple placebo swan-dive unshun

so who are the bad guys?

reshun

(just kidding - i just wanted to show off my unshun/reshun skills!)
Old 03-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #566
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

uber septuple salchow unshun

You just got owned

/reshun
Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #567
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Avada Kedunshunavra

You just got killed.

reshun
Old 03-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #568
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

touché
Old 03-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #569
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

triple lindy unshun...off the backboard!

what thread was this?

reshun
Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #570
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

maybe I was still in a really pissy mood because my wife, in her infinite wisdom, waits until a large amount of snow has been dumped on us to think, "hey, now would be a really good time to take our beaten up, barely running old vehicle on a 15 mile drive so that I can get do a handful of things that I could do any ole time", and maybe that's why I wasn't that crazy about this episode.

In particular, the notion that the people who are after Ben are just greedy old capitalist pigs is so freaking lame, unimaginative, and typical leftwinger hollywood liberal type thinking.....

(ok, so maybe that's ben doing his schtick -- maybe we don't the real motivations)

I also thought the relationship between Ben, Juliette and Goodwin was a bit contrived....but then again it's right out of David, Bathsheba and Uriah and in this sense it keeps to the really classic stories and themes that have been in the show all along....

Also, it really struck me last night how Goodwin's name sounds very much like [he's a] good-one, setting Goodwin's goodness in sharp contrast to Ben's nature.

So maybe it wasn't that much of a stinker. I blame my wife.

Cheers
Old 03-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #571
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

good thoughts. I hope you are right about not knowing the real motives because I thought this was a lame episode myself.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #572
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

sike's mother's Duodecuple sized panties-unshun

This business with Penny's father worries me.

I find I'm starting to ask a lot of questions about the nature of this entire story....How do you play this thing out? What is the island? How will this all be left? They all stay and live happily ever after and unknown to the world? The world finds out, scientists come racing to the island? Will there be a battle of some kind? How does the conflict resolve itself?

I always assumed in the beginning it would be an on island thing, a localized conflict...but it's so global now. There are so many different organizations and people that know about the island. I can't even fathom how they're going to tie thing up in 40 episodes, when it just seems to be getting bigger and bigger all the time.

reshun
Old 03-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #573
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Unshun

"Of course he likes you...You look just like her"...this was said about Juliette as a reason for why Ben would like her...thought this was VERY interesting. So did Ben lose his wife and baby in pregnancy?

Do we know when Ben used the "gas" to kill in the past? I know he killed his dad, right....but don't remember how...something to do with the van I think.

I love the whispers in the jungle...and yes, that woman was either the monster or protected by it in someway...how else could she just freakin disappear?

how do Faraday and the peeps from the boat know so much about Ben's actions on the island...it seems like Ben is not the only one with spies...

Did Widmore first find out about the island when he bought the diary of the officer of the Black Rock...or was he buying it because he knew about the island already??

R2D2LaraLinneyTriplefakedogpile reshun!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #574
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

unshun
Ben killed the Dharma folks initially by gassing them. That was in the same episode when his father was taken care of as well.
reshun
Old 03-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #575
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Ghost of sike's triple breasted grandmothers polka dot merkin UNSHUN

Good point sike....I forgot what she said about "She looks just like her"

I had heard somewhere (DVD commentary I think) that the little girl from Bens first flash back (Annie) was going to play a part in the show again at some point...but she wasn't blond...maybe adult Annie was? It would seem Ben actually has a heart...or had.
I hope that wasn't the "work to do" that Charlotte was talking about. I was really hoping for some more Physics experiments, and something anthropological from Charlotte. Speaking of which...I'm fine with keeping some of these people around, something tells me that Dan and or Charlotte or Frank will end up on the island at the end of the season while the freight leaves....but can we please not have a slew of new characters next season?

You have to think that some people are going to be dying soon right? I wonder if that Miles guy will bite it. He's not very likable.

re shun

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-07-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #576
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

unshun
ummmmm.... HELLO!!!!! Daniel is the Anthropologist........

oh wait...
reshun

unshun
My unshun and reshuns are easier than y'all... you guys make it too difficult.
reshun
Old 03-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #577
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't even have the energy to properly shun you right now. Daniel is the physicist dangit!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #578
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Daniel is the physicist dangit!!!!
undonepantiesofflaco'sfirstgirlfriendwhowas300lbse asyunshun

TRUE!

reshun

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 03-07-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #579
sike
The Preacha

who the sextuplesuperpumpfake is Jacob??!!! That better be one of the most important reveals by this show's end....RIGHT?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #580
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

This thread has turned from gold, to something even better thanks to sexrex.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #581
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
I don't even have the energy to properly shun you right now. Daniel is the physicist dangit!!!!
unshun
Not while I'm shunned he isn't.... he's the anthropologist (since that's the whole reason I was shunned to begin with). Once I'm unshunned by the Lost community (in particular that would have to be my leader sexrex) I *might* change my opinion.

But for now...... Dan the anthropologist is an interesting character.

ding dong dilly daddle karate chop suey reshun
Old 03-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #582
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
unshun
Not while I'm shunned he isn't.... he's the anthropologist (since that's the whole reason I was shunned to begin with). Once I'm unshunned by the Lost community (in particular that would have to be my leader sexrex) I *might* change my opinion.

But for now...... Dan the anthropologist is an interesting character.

ding dong dilly daddle karate chop suey reshun
james worthy tomahawk unshun:

we may need a "dan the anthropologist" thread. or website. or whole new tv show. it would follow the mishaps of a bumbling physicist who everybody actually thinks is an anthropologist. now THATS comedy gold.

unshun.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #583
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

deveangeorge quadruple double dribble air ball unshun

My wife has a degree in anthropology....it's not as interesting as you'd think.

xerxes...you double unshunned.

double reshun
Old 03-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #584
XERXES
Diamond Member

deveangeorgetradeblockerunshun:

i make the rules fool! and i rule that anthropology rocks! tell your wife this edict has been passed.

reshun
Old 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #585
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

since i've never been shunned in this thread, i don't have to unshun myself.

overall, it was a pretty weak episode, especially in comparison to the episodes we've seen so far in season 4. The big reveal of widmore was seen from a mile away, and like you, flac, i think next week's reveal will also be obvious (i haven't read any spoilers - but i think the preview for next week's episode makes it painfully obvious).

but Ben was a saving grace in this episode - he had some light-hearted moments ("did this rabbit have a number on it?") mixed in with his badassness.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #586
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux

overall, it was a pretty weak episode, especially in comparison to the episodes we've seen so far in season 4. The big reveal of widmore was seen from a mile away, and like you, flac, i think next week's reveal will also be obvious (i haven't read any spoilers - but i think the preview for next week's episode makes it painfully obvious).

but Ben was a saving grace in this episode - he had some light-hearted moments ("did this rabbit have a number on it?") mixed in with his badassness.
I agree. I thought the episode was a beating. The only part I really enjoyed was the ending scene with Hurley/Sawyer/Ben.

That was greatness.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:15 PM   #587
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't much care for it either. Thought it was ok, but a real dropoff from every other episode this season.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #588
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Dominique Wilkins 360 windmill shun

you are hereby SHUNNED!

double unshun!
Old 03-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #589
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

maybe unofficial unshun

Was I officially shunned by Flaco? does he have the authority?

maybe unofficial reshun
Old 03-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #590
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

A dropoff from the episodes so far sure, but it still beats any episode in season 2 hands down, and half of them in seasons 1 and 3.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:10 AM   #591
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

This was one of those episodes that you just need every now and then to give some answers. You can't just keep creating questions like the first few episodes of this season.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:59 AM   #592
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I defend it.

It was good. We found out a lot of Ben back story, and who sent the boat.

These seem like essential things for moving the season forward.

This episode should've cleared up things about Dan and Charlotte as well. I don't personally think they know much about the feigher's true mission, or about the nature of the island. Come to think of it....neither do I.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #593
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A dropoff from the episodes so far sure, but it still beats any episode in season 2 hands down, and half of them in seasons 1 and 3.
I'm not so sure that there aren't some crappy MTV/VH1 realty shows that don't beat some of the Lost episodes from Season 2 and half of Season 3.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #594
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Better than half of season 1?

Season one is properly enshrined in the tv hall of fame, let's please not disparage it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #595
sike
The Preacha

I maintain that I am unshunable....but that I shun all.

it was the worst episode of the season...but still better than 99.7% of anything on TV last week.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #596
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I'm hearing good things about episodes 7 and 8.

So sad that we're almost to the break. Then we wait a month, and then we get 5 more.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #597
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Better than half of season 1?

Season one is properly enshrined in the tv hall of fame, let's please not disparage it.
The Pilot episode especially. One of the greatest TV premieres of all time.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #598
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
The Pilot episode especially. One of the greatest TV premieres of all time.
that would be an interesting list to make...

any other show's premiere jump to mind??? I don't watch a lot of hour long dramas...but LOST may be the greatest I've seen.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #599
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Firefly....but that's probably just a personal preference.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #600
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

I am gonna have to put The Shield series premiere right above Lost. It is down right dirty!