Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #6081
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
They weren't quite trying to "hand over" Kaman and Davis, they wanted Jason Kidd. Which I'd say 50/50 on this board were for/against that trade, but the F.O. wanted no part of. They're high on Kidd, IMO mostly because they're stubborn and don't want to admit they messed up by trading Harris for him at the current stage of his career.
Or maybe it's because Davis is overrated and is a cancer..

Kidd might not have the production of Harris (I was against the trade as well), but he most definitely does bring the leadership that this team has been missing for quite some time now.

I started off hating the trade, but now I actually agree with it. I mean, it still sucks that we basically traded off half of the puzzle for the other half (imagine Devin tutored by Kidd), but just to have that leadership here is definitely worth it (not to mention the superior passing and distribution).
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #6082
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Credible View Post
Or maybe it's because Davis is overrated and is a cancer..

Kidd might not have the production of Harris (I was against the trade as well), but he most definitely does bring the leadership that this team has been missing for quite some time now.

I started off hating the trade, but now I actually agree with it. I mean, it still sucks that we basically traded off half of the puzzle for the other half (imagine Devin tutored by Kidd), but just to have that leadership here is definitely worth it (not to mention the superior passing and distribution).
Well I was on the side that was glad they didn't land Baron BUT from what I recall the F.O. was offered Billups for Kidd before Billups ended up in Denver and they turned that down and I think they should of jumped all over that.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-14-2009 at 08:57 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #6083
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

People forgot that u cant count it like "Uh Mavs with that 22/7 Harris now would be the contender".

Its pretty easy to score 22 on a really crappy team. Dozends of players are capable of this. Harris wouldnt be this guy on the Mavs. Specially he wouldnt (!) get all the FT he is getting now as the #1 guy on another team. Thats how the NBA works...

Im fine with Kidd now since Marion is on board. We dont need so much scoring anymore like last season. And im expecting Kidd to become a even more deadly shooter from outside.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:56 AM   #6084
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Every once in a while, I click on this thread to verify that you're all still having the same conversations we had weeks and weeks ago.

I'm happy to report that yes, you are.
And now that Harris is brought up again, conversations we had a year and half ago.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 08-14-2009 at 09:56 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #6085
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Is Keith Van Horn available?
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #6086
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedentifyme View Post
Do you guys think the Mavericks are playing their cards close to the chest by saying they are not interested in Samuel Dalembert, but that's the deal that they do have in place on Sept. 9 with the Philadelphia 76ers?
That would be huge if that were the case. I think it's more internal with Cuban and Nelson at this point though. If this were already agreed upon, sources would have already leaked it. You're looking at 30 days before the Buck chip can be packaged, that's an awful long time for an injury to go down.

....Philly was one of the teams that publicly said no interest in Vick......here's hoping they go hard after Dalembert.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #6087
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well I was on the side that was glad they didn't land Baron BUT from what I recall the F.O. was offered Billups for Kidd before Billups ended up in Denver and they turned that down and I think they should of jumped all over that.
wait a sec.. I dont remember us being offered Davis and Kaman for Kidd. Really? If so then Im pissed because I would have been alllll over that.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #6088
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

We were definetely offered Baron/Kaman for Kidd and turned it down. The Kaman part was good but Baron was going to be a negative. Trust me his last good stretch as a pro was against us in the playoffs. Now he's pretty much worthless just a chucker.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #6089
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Is Keith Van Horn available?
The F.O. could play him at the 5!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #6090
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We were definetely offered Baron/Kaman for Kidd and turned it down. The Kaman part was good but Baron was going to be a negative. Trust me his last good stretch as a pro was against us in the playoffs. Now he's pretty much worthless just a chucker.
Isn't that how it always works?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #6091
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I think Samuel Dalembert might be the guy that the Mavs go after, he's long, athletic and a good shot blocker
The only way I would consider trading for Dalembert is Carroll/Buckner/Williams for him.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #6092
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Buckner/Humphries/Williams wouldn't be bad either, no?

(assuming it works under the cap rules)

Last edited by mavErika; 08-14-2009 at 02:16 PM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 PM   #6093
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
Buckner/Humphries/Williams wouldn't be bad either, no?

(assuming it works under the cap rules)
I don't think that works under cap rules...
Plus I would only take back Dalemberts contract if they take Carrolls.

BEAT LA
Old 08-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #6094
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
Williams/Buckner/Humphries just work with Carroll too and then the Sixers barely save money. And they have Kapono, so they dont need Carroll at all even if they think he can be so good like in old Bobcats times...
Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 PM   #6095
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
his salary is pretty high, but isn't a two year deal what we are searching for?
We'd still have a center after sending Damp away for Superstar purposes.

disclaimer: i really don't know if Dalembert is actually worth pursuing, but if they see anything in him, wouldn't expiring garbage (+ buck) and clearing the roster logjam be enough and wouldn't including the insult to any GM that is M.Carroll be too much to ask for? If you're sure he's not better than Damp and cannot fill the needs recently described by Jet then I can see ehy you'd want to include toxic ingredients to the deal.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #6096
badfish22
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavErika View Post
his salary is pretty high, but isn't a two year deal what we are searching for?
We'd still have a center after sending Damp away for Superstar purposes.

disclaimer: i really don't know if Dalembert is actually worth pursuing, but if they see anything in him, wouldn't expiring garbage (+ buck) and clearing the roster logjam be enough and wouldn't including the insult to any GM that is M.Carroll be too much to ask for? If you're sure he's not better than Damp and cannot fill the needs recently described by Jet then I can see ehy you'd want to include toxic ingredients to the deal.
I heard he's lazy and takes possessions off a lot. Over at a Sixers forum, they were saying that they would probably have to take bad contracts back to get rid of him

BEAT LA
Old 08-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #6097
mavErika
Golden Member

my thought is if he's that bad that Philadelphia would take back more than $16 milliion salary in Carrol alone although they'd have use for every 7 footer in the east, we probably shouldn't take him at all. I've heard what you said about him as well as of his great potential, so basically it's a matter of belief. Paying attention to him would have probably helped, too.

Which page of the thread was the board consensus on Dalembert again?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #6098
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty skeptical that Dalembert's realistic. I don't think Dallas is in a hurry to pay him 12 million in 2010/2011. Carroll outgoing would be a necessity, and in general I think the only way Dallas even considers pulling the trigger is if the total contractual obligations changing hands are roughly equal. That'd mean something along the lines of Carroll/Buck/Humphries (and perhaps Williams or Jawai) outgoing. There's some incentive for Philly there if they really want to get rid of Dalembert, but it wouldn't be a great deal for them by any stretch.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #6099
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Schadenfreude anyone? Poland vs England and Gortat falls hard and sprains a muscle in his lower back. He hit the locker room for the 4th quarter. Probably nothing to effect his season, but I got a little snicker out of that.

I dont wish injuries on anyone, but I hope Otis Smith's team collapses miserably, and todays injury was just a small piece of shadenfreude.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #6100
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Schadenfreude anyone? Poland vs England and Gortat falls hard and sprains a muscle in his lower back. He hit the locker room for the 4th quarter. Probably nothing to effect his season, but I got a little snicker out of that.

I dont wish injuries on anyone, but I hope Otis Smith's team collapses miserably, and todays injury was just a small piece of shadenfreude.
What about Otis Smith? Can we wish injuries on him?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #6101
mavErika
Golden Member

Quote:
can't deny here's a little bit of schadenfreude, but it's an ambivalent feeling as I'd rather see him spraining whatever in a Magic jersey, after he played a good eurobasket for his country, because that's the last stage where I could wish him some success.
Quote:
And that's the sad part about it, I could have imagined Dallas Fans still rooting for the animal and his new team in the east and Magic fans following Gortat's development in Dallas and doing the same for him. Now we're left to consider how much evil we can wish upon them without suddenly feeling bad if it comes true. And I tend to say a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I could stand that!
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #6102
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't wish injuries as much as old testament plagues, and a quick disappearing act from the league a la Avery Johnson, or maybe decade-long tenure as the most despised and laughed-at coach in sports a la Isiah Thomas-- whichever is more painful.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #6103
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Quote:
a player cannot be traded until three months after signing a contract or December 15th of that season

So there's a 90 day rule on being traded unless you're Quintin Richardson?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 08-15-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:18 AM   #6104
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So there's a 90 day rule on being traded unless you're Quintin Richardson?
See the bolded part:
Quote:
a player cannot be traded until three months after signing a contract or December 15th of that season
Old 08-15-2009, 03:43 AM   #6105
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Oh gotcha.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #6106
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Well, nothing bad for Gortat, the dude got fucked by Otis.

Well, after that Hedo bashing i would love if Lewis could pull off a Francis/Marbury the last 1-2 years of that ridiculous contract and becoming a useless player earning 20+...
Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 PM   #6107
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Well, nothing bad for Gortat, the dude got fucked by Otis.

Well, after that Hedo bashing i would love if Lewis could pull off a Francis/Marbury the last 1-2 years of that ridiculous contract and becoming a useless player earning 20+...
I wouldn't say Gortat got screwed. After he signed I posted a link to a video on the Magic's web site. It was a day or so after he signed the deal and he'd just met with Otis Smith. In a nutshell he was saying that it was a no lose situation for him. he'd either go to a good situation in Dallas or he'd stay in Orlando, a city he liked and with a franchise that had invested a lot of time in him.

He didn't have to meet with Otis Smith, he didn't have to hand around the Orlando Summer League a few days after that and his agent could have made it known, in no uncertain terms, that if the Magic matched they'd better be doing it to keep him because he wouldn't accept a trade.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #6108
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

I don't think Gortat will be in Orlando come the end of the season.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #6109
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Shawn Marion Is Ready To 'Play Ball' In Dallas

By Art Garcia, NBA.com
Posted Aug 14 2009 10:42AM

Shawn Marion understands the rep and why he's bounced around the last couple of years. Rather than try to explain or go on the offensive, he just shrugs. Why bother?

"I'm just ready to play ball," the prized pickup of the Mavericks' offseason said.

Marion wants nothing more than to resume an All-Star career after two uneven seasons. The Matrix has gone from being a cornerstone in Phoenix, his home for 8 1/2 years, to being valuable for reasons that had increasingly less to do with basketball.

His hefty max-level and soon-to-be-expiring contract, which topped out at nearly $18 million last season, became the ticket the punched moves to Miami to Toronto in the span of a year. Dallas is his third stop since Feb. 6, 2008. The moves haven't been without baggage.

Whispers of Marion's discontent clouded his final days with the Suns when it became obvious a contract extension wasn't in the works. His last season in Phoenix was the least productive of his career outside of his rookie campaign, and Marion was shipped to the Heat as the centerpiece of the deal that sent Shaquille O'Neal to the desert.

Rumors of Marion being a problem in the Phoenix locker room only grew. Many centered on his uneasiness with several high-profile teammates, including Steve Nash and Amar'e Stoudemire, near the end.

"It's funny how they say stuff after you leave," Marion said. "So much of that stuff about our relationships, that stuff ain't true. I don't get into that. Everybody can say what they want to say. If someone doesn't want to say something directly to me, what can I do?"

Marion's numbers continued to fall in Miami, bottoming out at 12.0 points and 8.7 rebounds per game last season before the trade to Toronto last season. They weren't much better (14.3 ppg and 8.3 rpg) in his 27 games with the Raptors. Marion bristles at the suggestion that the decline resulted from a deterioration of skill.

"If you take 10 shots away from someone who was scoring 20 points, I don't care who you are, you're not going to score the same," he said, exaggerating the drop but making his point. "It's not possible. You can break that down any way you want, but you can't score without getting the ball."

Marion had thrived throughout his career without being the featured act, but there were also plenty of shots to go around in Phoenix, especially during the Mike D'Antoni era. Playing second banana to Dwyane Wade in South Florida and Chris Bosh north of the border wasn't nearly as fruitful. Marion became expendable in Toronto when the Raptors signed Hedo Turkoglu.

The more structured sets with the Heat and Raptors didn't mesh with the Marion's game. The self-confessed "rhythm player" found himself standing around in the corner waiting for the ball. His 3-point percentage last season plummeted to 18.9 percent (his lowest since his rookie season), as did his overall impact on the game. Once a 6-foot-7 wiry menace at both ends known for his versatility, Marion felt stagnant.

"People who analyze and look at stats don't look at touches," Marion said. "It's hard to be effective when you're not touching the ball for multiple possessions. Basketball is a rhythm game."

Touches shouldn't be a problem in Big D, where Marion is reunited with point guard Jason Kidd, whom he played with during his first two seasons in Phoenix. Coach Rick Carlisle has already promised that the Mavs will run as never before this season and added that Marion, more than anyone else, is the reason, likening the addition to "putting methane in the gas tank."

Marion, once a thorn in Dirk Nowitzki's side as a Sun, joins the former MVP in the frontcourt. Dallas' front office went into the offseason looking to upgrade around Nowitzki and Kidd, and Marion has been on owner Mark Cuban's radar for years. The surprise Turkoglu deal opened up a window for the Mavericks, who put together a sign-and-trade deal that guarantees Marion nearly $40 million (and piece of mind) for the next five years.

If the 31-year-old forward reverts to the form the Mavericks know all too well from their battles for most of the decade -- Marion averaged at least 17.3 points and 9.3 rebounds from 2001-07 -- Dallas could be a surprise contender in the Western Conference after slipping the last couple of seasons.

Marion knows the feeling.

"We're going to go out there and play ball and jell and have fun with each other," the four-time All-Star said. "That's the biggest thing. On the court is going to be fun to watch and off the court will take care of itself. When you have 15 guys on the same page that's what it's all about, working for a championship."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...ure/index.html
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:06 PM   #6110
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Dalembert speak French? Hey, he'd be the perfect buddy for Boobie.

YEAH AUGUST!

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #6111
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

After all the trades and signings this off season who looks to have the better bench Dallas or San Antonio? I was just told San Antonio has a much better bench then Dallas maybe I'm biased but, I feel Dallas has one of the top bench's in the west.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #6112
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Please, San Antonio's going to be great this season, but it won't be because they have a strong bench. Ginobili is obviously going to get his, but other than Roger Mason, I really don't feel like anyone on that bench can consistently make a solid impact. JET vs. Manu is a wash, but we've got Barea and Gooden who can consistently score in double digits off the pine, and, if all goes according to plan, Ross to make an impact defensively. I mean, honestly, is Matt Bonner any better than Tim Thomas?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:03 AM   #6113
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

This was just told to me and I did not dignify it with a response.

Quote:
The Spurs vets. signing are more talented than Mavs signings.

Last edited by Mavsfan4ever; 08-17-2009 at 02:10 AM.
Mavsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #6114
sefant77
Guru

"Powe said, according to Hoops Daily. "Then Cleveland made their offer, and I had nowhere else to go, so I gave them my word that I'd go there. You know, I'm the kind of person... I never go back on my word."

Powe got 800k with 2nd year team option. No other team offered somehting. Wow, never thought that the NBA became so cheap. Powe is a great low risk high reward player for the end of the season or next season.

For that price u can always pack him in spot #15...
Old 08-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #6115
mavErika
Golden Member

nothing of particular importance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HmJX...eature=related
Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 PM   #6116
reebokforthree

reebokforthree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do the Mavericks have a shot at the title this season?

Check out the article below, it really breaks down the Mavericks offseason.

http://mvn.com/fantasynbazone/2009/0...f-a-curse.html
reebokforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #6117
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack View Post
Please, San Antonio's going to be great this season, but it won't be because they have a strong bench. Ginobili is obviously going to get his, but other than Roger Mason, I really don't feel like anyone on that bench can consistently make a solid impact. JET vs. Manu is a wash, but we've got Barea and Gooden who can consistently score in double digits off the pine, and, if all goes according to plan, Ross to make an impact defensively. I mean, honestly, is Matt Bonner any better than Tim Thomas?
Outside of the Big 3 in SA, most other players will have defined roles to work around the Big 3. On offense, the center leaves the paint for Duncan, the 3 and 2 clear out to the 3 point stripe and allow Parker to penetrate and create. SA's bench will never look great outside of Manu, because they have defined roles. Ratliff, Bonner, Finley, Hill, definitely on paper would much rather have our bench then theirs. Now the biggest question on our side, is can our bench find their roles within our starting unit or especially around Dirk, Howard and Marion? And that's the best thing about having a player like Kidd around, he will utilize the players around him, similar to Duncan. If you spread the floor enough, allow penetration, then collapse on the hole, Kidd will get you easy and quick baskets. Kidd will have fun distributing the rock.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #6118
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

I have a feeling the mavs will gun for RIP hamilton. My knee is jingling again

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #6119
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

why would you capitalize every letter in Rip's first name?
Old 08-17-2009, 01:24 PM   #6120
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokforthree View Post
Check out the article below, it really breaks down the Mavericks offseason.

http://mvn.com/fantasynbazone/2009/0...f-a-curse.html
It really really does!

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?