Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-08-2007, 03:16 AM   #601
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

The Dreamers- Eva Green, i am under your spell. It's the 1st NC-17 movie i've ever seen, but for the low cost of $6.99, you get to see ALL of Eva Green over, and over, and over. I'm not a pervert, but she looks that good.

Harry Potter 1- it was pretty good. Nothing spectacular. I'm trying to watch the other 3 before tuesday night.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #602
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

From Hell It Came!
http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviere.../fromhell.html

Strangely enough a horrible movie but when I was a youngster and saw this it scared the pants off me. I think it was because everyone is a little afraid of those big trees!!! My kids were scared of it as well.

Actually can't find this one anywhere on DVD or online. I'd get it if I could.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #603
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
Live Free, Die Hard....... you have to take suspended belief to the next level on this one
Transformers........ amazing.
just thought this was funny. The movie that's supposed to be grounded in reality is the one that requires the suspension of belief.

haven't seen die hard yet, but you're right about transformers.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:37 AM   #604
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Harry Potter 2 & 3. Both better than the first. I'd actually rate them in reverse order. 3, 2, 1.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 07-12-2007, 03:23 AM   #605
Nash13
Diamond Member

Jackie Brown.

I think this is QT's best work. It was very well put together, some of the best writing i've ever seen. Even better than Pulp Fiction.

~The Salesman
Old 07-12-2007, 10:50 AM   #606
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Saw Stranger than Fiction the other day. Really liked it. Maggie Gyllenhaal is damn cute.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #607
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Just watched Slither with my dad.

Hilarious. It's one of those scary movies that's more funny than scary. Check it out.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:02 AM   #608
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
Saw Stranger than Fiction the other day. Really liked it. Maggie Gyllenhaal is damn cute.
I second that... Maggie Gyllenhaal is friggin' awesome..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #609
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody into Westerns? Trying to get into the genre.....

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:19 PM   #610
Nash13
Diamond Member

Thank You For Smoking- what a fantastic movie. Good performance by Aaron Eckhart.

The Usual Suspects- Overrated. Good acting by everyone, but i saw that ending coming a mile away.

~The Salesman
Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #611
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

blood diamonds....

....kinda cool. DiCaprio, I think, is underrated as an actor. he's solid.

the sierra leone civil war stuff is brutal and eye-poppin', but the movie should have ended 15 minutes sooner than it did.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #612
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

He isn't underated as an actor. He has been nominated twice now for an oscar. He IS under appreciated, I think.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #613
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
He isn't underated as an actor. He has been nominated twice now for an oscar. He IS under appreciated, I think.
under appreciated -- perhaps a better term....

or maybe it's just me....i've long had the perception of DiCaprio as some eye-candy for teenage girls, but his performances in the Departed, the Aviator and Blood Diamonds (to name a few) were all first rate, serious quality stuff.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:26 AM   #614
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

glad you mentioned "The Departed". I finally got to see that last week. Don't get me wrong, it was certainly a good movie, and i enjoyed it. I just don't see the love for it as the best movie of 2006, as many, many, many people have claimed. maybe it's just me.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #615
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
The Usual Suspects- Overrated. Good acting by everyone, but i saw that ending coming a mile away.
Your opinion on all future movies is hereby nullified.

And I call bs that you saw the ending coming unless you'd heard about the movie before.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM   #616
Nash13
Diamond Member

Jthig32, i swear to you, i've never heard of it before. I've heard the name Keyser Soze, but not the actual movie. To me, it's like The Prestige. It's well directed, written, and acted, but not the great movie everyone makes it out to be.

And you call my opinion on future movies nullified, where you hate one of the most well written movies of all time (Pulp Fiction) and the best comic-book movie of all time (Sin City).

~The Salesman

Last edited by Nash13; 07-23-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #617
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
under appreciated -- perhaps a better term....

or maybe it's just me....i've long had the perception of DiCaprio as some eye-candy for teenage girls, but his performances in the Departed, the Aviator and Blood Diamonds (to name a few) were all first rate, serious quality stuff.
That is exactly the way I felt before I saw Aviator, then my new perception was solidified after The Departed. He is top notch and the reason is he started getting "dirty" in his roles. Maybe it has something to do with the roles he has taken since Titantic...Of course, if you saw What is eating Gilbert Grape or something like that, you would also see the potential.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #618
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
glad you mentioned "The Departed". I finally got to see that last week. Don't get me wrong, it was certainly a good movie, and i enjoyed it. I just don't see the love for it as the best movie of 2006, as many, many, many people have claimed. maybe it's just me.
then what was the best movie of 2006?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #619
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Quote:
and the nominees are????

i'd leave it to the departed -- it had a seriousness and an edge that no other movie matched, at least none that I saw.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #620
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

personally, I liked The Prestige and Little Miss Sunshine much better, just off the top of my head. I also saw "Stranger than Fiction" a few days before watching "The Departed", and I liked STF more.

I'm not saying The Departed was bad by any means. Good actors, good performances (aside from nicholson - good lord, he's JACK in every movie), good movie. But it didn't blow me away. i recognize that people have different taste in movies. was just wondering why people thought this was so amazing.

oh, I did have one question. Has nothing to do with the merit of the movie. What was in the note Dicaprio gave Damon's girlfriend? I assumed it was just to tell her to contact Marky Mark if anything happened to him. Is that a correct assumption?

and yes, i think titanic was the best decision (monetarily) and worst decision (loss of respect) of dicaprio's career.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 07-23-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #621
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Best movie of 2006 was Aquaman.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #622
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Jthig32, i swear to you, i've never heard of it before. I've heard the name Keyser Soze, but not the actual movie. To me, it's like The Prestige. It's well directed, written, and acted, but not the great movie everyone makes it out to be.

And you call my opinion on future movies nullified, where you hate one of the most well written movies of all time (Pulp Fiction) and the best comic-book movie of all time (Sin City).
Guilty on both charges. I was kidding, obviously, because everyone's taste in movies varies. And I do recognize I'm in the vast majority on Pulp Fiction, which I embrace. Although I'm not so sure what was special about the writing. That's always a term that interests me "well written".

Sin City, however, was just a stupid movie. And I don't know a single person, personally, that thought otherwise.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #623
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
personally, I liked The Prestige and Little Miss Sunshine much better, just off the top of my head. I also saw "Stranger than Fiction" a few days before watching "The Departed", and I liked STF more.

I'm not saying The Departed was bad by any means. Good actors, good performances (aside from nicholson - good lord, he's JACK in every movie), good movie. But it didn't blow me away. i recognize that people have different taste in movies. was just wondering why people thought this was so amazing.

oh, I did have one question. Has nothing to do with the merit of the movie. What was in the note Dicaprio gave Damon's girlfriend? I assumed it was just to tell her to contact Marky Mark if anything happened to him. Is that a correct assumption?

and yes, i think titanic was the best decision (monetarily) and worst decision (loss of respect) of dicaprio's career.
First of all, I don't think Jack was "Jack" in A Few Good Men. But that's neither here nor there.

I loved the Departed. I'm not what I could really identify as THE reason I loved it, I just did. I did very much like how it ended. Very unexpected, if a little on the bizarre side.

I enjoyed The Prestige probably about as much as the Departed. And I probably did enjoy STF more than those two. So I think we essentially have it around the same level.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #624
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

I just wanted to take one more post to remind everyone how much Pulp Fiction sucked...

...or maybe it was a double post.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 07-23-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #625
Nemesis
Diamond Member

I agree with you about Sin City.. There was so much over acting going on that it became just silly. And don't tell me it was supposed to be that way..
Old 07-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #626
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

ok, good, you understand what i'm saying. I liked the departed, just didn't think it was the best thing since sliced bread.

thig, since you liked STF as well, i just had to comment. i just have to say that if i were single, i would purposefully seek out a hot baker, just so i can use that "i brought you flours" line. good lord, i thought that was one of the most ridiculously smooth lines i've ever heard.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 07-23-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:00 PM   #627
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Pan's Labyrinth

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #628
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Pan's Labyrinth
haha...tell me another please!

Salt, I am still waiting on something... If you think I am not worth the explanation then that solidifies my belief that you are a true movie snob... So, what is it going to be?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #629
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Nem,

I've written about Kane several times, sometimes on this board, sometimes for class, and I don't really feel the need to do it again.

I have no problem with you considering me to be a true movie snob. I have admitted that I am on several occasions.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #630
Nemesis
Diamond Member

very well...
Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #631
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i wouldn't agree with Pan's Labyrinth being the best of 2006, but it was enjoyable. The visuals were extremely good. But it was also extremely disjointed.

but i tell you what ruined the entire movie for me (SPOILER FOR THOSE THAT HAVEN"T SEEN IT):

How dumb is that girl? why the hell did she eat the grape? That scene could have made sense in two ways:

1) really show (earlier in the movie) that she's hungry. That she's not getting enough to eat because of the rationed food. That point was never made, because it was assumed she could eat enough because her mother was married to the captain.

2) show that she did it on purpose, to wake that monster and kill it (after having seen the pictures on the wall of it killing kids).
Old 07-23-2007, 11:22 PM   #632
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Tonight, "The Science of Sleep"
Old 07-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #633
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Pan's Labyrinth was unwatchable.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #634
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
ok, good, you understand what i'm saying. I liked the departed, just didn't think it was the best thing since sliced bread.

thig, since you liked STF as well, i just had to comment. i just have to say that if i were single, i would purposefully seek out a hot baker, just so i can use that "i brought you flours" line. good lord, i thought that was one of the most ridiculously smooth lines i've ever heard.
Haha. Yeah that was a great line.

One problem with the plan; I don't think you're going to find many baker's around as ridiculously cute as Maggie.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #635
alexamenos
Diamond Member

random comments....

Pulp Fiction -- Movie Greatness. No way on earth can anyone say that Pulp Fiction wasn't a great movie without being struck by lightening. It was a movie that was very entertaining, extremely well acted and very different from the mountain of action-adventure, comedy romance, teen sex romp movies being produced.

and the Gimp...Pulp Fiction put ball gag humor on the map.

Pan's Labrynth -- The movie was rock-solid, and wrongly billed as a "fairy tale for adults." It was a movie about a little girl in such a shitty world that she can't emotionally deal with the reality. And why did she eat the grape? Because she's a stupid little girl who's trapped in shit and she can't escape it, even in her imagination.

The Departed -- As Jthig said, "I'm not what I could really identify as THE reason I loved it, I just did." I can't say it better.

The Prestige -- Not terrible, but not great by any stretch of the imagination. The hocus pocus voodoo Tesla machine just didn't belong in the film, and its presence cheapens an otherwise decent movie.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #636
Nash13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Guilty on both charges. I was kidding, obviously, because everyone's taste in movies varies. And I do recognize I'm in the vast majority on Pulp Fiction, which I embrace. Although I'm not so sure what was special about the writing. That's always a term that interests me "well written".

In the case of Pulp Fiction, the term "well written" means QT and the other writer made it a point to see all these weird characters like Hitmen, drug dealers, boxer, etc., carrying on normal conversation. The dialogue seemed more life-like. And the academy seems to agree with me. I believe Pulp Ficiton won its only Oscar for writing.

~The Salesman
Old 07-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #637
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Quote:

1) really show (earlier in the movie) that she's hungry. That she's not getting enough to eat because of the rationed food. That point was never made, because it was assumed she could eat enough because her mother was married to the captain.
She ruined her dress that night (in the frog sequence), and was sent to bed without her dinner. I loved that this was subtle enough that not everyone caught it.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #638
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly FreedomWriters.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #639
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

but why a grape? why not cake? a real meal?

i just thought the subtlety was too subtle. As I said above, I gathered that she was hungry. Not enough food for everyone, sent to bed without dinner, and all that jazz. I just don't think that was conveyed enough. the way the scene was portrayed, it was just "i'm a dumb little girl who couldn't remember something that a freaky faun told me 5 minutes ago". I don't think missing dinner would make me hungry enough (even as a child) to take food off a table when i was told specifically not to, and there's some freaky monster thing 2 feet away.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 07-24-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:30 PM   #640
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Pan's Lab was like a really bad dream that you have when you do something to much during the day.. When I would haul hay in the summer I would always dream about it all night.. Unfortunately, I didn't get paid for the overtime.

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?