Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #601
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
actually i disagree. the lotr movies are a good bit better than the books imo. The hobbit was a better book than any of the lotr books. The LOTR books were a marvel of creativity but they drag quite a bit...(i know its blasphemy to fantasy book readers to say that)
Blasphemy! (it just doesn't have the same sting once its been admitted)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2008, 04:21 PM   #602
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone re-read the book before the movie comes out? I think I have for the previous movies..and was disappointed each time. But this time I won't do that.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #603
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
actually i disagree. the lotr movies are a good bit better than the books imo. The hobbit was a better book than any of the lotr books. The LOTR books were a marvel of creativity but they drag quite a bit...(i know its blasphemy to fantasy book readers to say that)
Lawl, I completely agree. I loved reading the Hobbit, but reading LotR was not particularly enjoyable.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #604
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
Lawl, I completely agree. I loved reading the Hobbit, but reading LotR was not particularly enjoyable.
you nerds sure are in a nerd minority here....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #605
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

^I went into cardiac arrest reading Five-o's post.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 07-30-2008 at 04:39 PM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #606
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
^I went into cardiac arrest reading Five-o's post.
i call em like i see em. I respect the insane amount of creativity it took to come up with that world, the language and the story and the themes that were woven into it, but as an enjoyable story, its not that good. Everyone else is more than welcome to love it though. Plus it brought us the greatest movie trilogy ever.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:41 AM   #607
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

AWESOME!!!!!

I went to Amazon this morning and they were advertising this. Awesome. I can't wait.

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector's Edition (Offered Exclusively by Amazon) (Hardcover)

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector's Edition
Offered Exclusively by Amazon (Available in Limited Quantities)
In December 2007, J.K. Rowling unveiled The Tales of Beedle the Bard, a very special book of five fairy tales illustrated by the bard herself, embellished with silver ornaments and mounted moonstones. Amazon was fortunate to come into possession of one of the original copies, and it was our privilege to share images and reviews of this incredible artifact. Now J.K. Rowling is giving millions of Harry Potter fans worldwide cause for celebration with a new edition of The Tales of Beedle the Bard (available December 4, 2008) and Amazon is thrilled to exclusively offer a luxuriously packaged Collector’s Edition designed to evoke the spirit of the handcrafted original.

Tucked in its own case disguised as a wizarding textbook found in the Hogwarts library, the Collector's Edition includes an exclusive reproduction of J.K. Rowling's handwritten introduction, as well as 10 additional illustrations not found in the Standard Edition or the original. Opening the case reveals a velvet bag embroidered with J.K. Rowling’s signature, in which sits the piece de resistance: your very own copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, complete with metal skull, corners, and clasp; replica gemstones; and emerald ribbon.

Offering the trademark wit and imagination familiar to Rowling's legions of readers--as well as Aesop's wisdom and the occasional darkness of the Brothers Grimm--each of these five tales reveals a lesson befitting children and parents alike: the strength gained with a trusted friendship, the redemptive power of love, and the true magic that exists in the hearts of all of us. Rowling's new introduction also comments on the personal lessons she has taken from the Tales, noting that the characters in Beedle's collection "take their fates into their own hands, rather than taking a prolonged nap or waiting for someone to return a lost shoe," and "that magic causes as much trouble as it cures."

But the true jewel of this new edition is the enlightening and comprehensive commentary (including extensive footnotes!) by Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, who brings his unique wizard's-eye perspective to the collection. Discovered "among the many papers which Dumbledore left in his will to the Hogwarts Archives," the venerable wizard's ruminations on the Tales allow today's readers to place them in the context of 16th century Muggle society, even allowing that "Beedle was somewhat out of step with his times in preaching a message of brotherly love for Muggles" during the era of witch hunts that would eventually drive the wizarding community into self-imposed exile. In fact, versions of the same stories told in wizarding households would shock many for their uncharitable treatment of their Muggle characters.

Professor Dumbledore also includes fascinating historical backstory, including tidbits such as the history and pursuit of magic wands, a brief comment on the Dark Arts and its practitioners, and the struggles with censorship that eventually led "a certain Beatrix Bloxam" to cleanse the Tales of "much of the darker themes that she found distasteful," forever altering the meaning of the stories for their Muggle audience. Dumbledore also allows us a glimpse of his personal relationship to the Tales, remarking that it was through "Babbity Rabbity and Her Cackling Stump" that "many of us [wizards] first discovered that magic could not bring back the dead."

Both a wise and delightful addition to the Harry Potter canon, this new translation of The Tales of Beedle the Bard is all that fans could hope for and more--and an essential volume for the libraries of Muggles, wizards, and witches, both young and old.

Net proceeds from this Collector's Edition and the Standard Edition support of the Children's High Level Group, a charity co-founded in 2005 by J K Rowling and Emma Nicholson MEP to make life better for vulnerable children. (The Children's High Level Group is a charity registered in England and Wales under registered charity number 1112575.)

Also Available: the Standard Edition

The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Standard Edition contains the five fairy tales, a new introduction by J.K. Rowling, illustrations reproduced from the original handcrafted book, and commentary on each of the tales from Professor Albus Dumbledore.

Collector's Edition Product Features:
• All five fairy tales from the original The Tales of Beedle the Bard
• Outer case disguised as a wizarding textbook from the Hogwarts library
• Exclusive reproduction of J.K. Rowling's handwritten introduction
• 10 new illustrations by J.K. Rowling not included in the Standard Edition or the original handcrafted edition
• Velvet bag embroidered with J.K. Rowling's signature
• Metal skull, corners, and clasp
• Replica gemstones
• Emerald ribbon

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 07-31-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:27 AM   #608
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Oh so they ARE going to release that.

It's about stinking time.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:48 AM   #609
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

HMM..Hardcover edition for $100? or Standard for like $8?

I went nuts when I saw this ... about 20 minutes ago when a coworker told me... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/095...2Z8KDGGBWFHYFV
Old 07-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #610
sike
The Preacha

I'm gonna wait until you guys have read and reviewed it before grabbing it...

Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #611
nikeball
Platinum Member

ok i bought the special edition..there is some extra stuff in there and it looks cooool and they're only making 100k copies..so maybe i can ebay it if it sucks
Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 PM   #612
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Half Blood Prince

this actually looks interesting. I guess I will read the last two books.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-04-2008 at 09:13 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #613
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh my!
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #614
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, from that posted trailer link above, that guy has to be greyback. When they show him you can hear a growl...
Old 08-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #615
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a thought about that field and Greyback:

Is it in this book that we find out that Greyback bit Lupin? If so, maybe they're actually showing us how that happened. It's the only thing I can think of that would fit that scene.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #616
nikeball
Platinum Member

How many can yall get?

about 75 questions per book...try All of them...some questions are pretty tough.

http://www.scholastic.com/harrypotte...enge/index.htm
Old 08-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #617
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Son of a....

Link

Half-Blood Prince delayed until July 17th, 2009
Half-Blood Prince delayed until July 17th, 2009 Warner Brothers has just announced that Half-Blood Prince will be delayed. The film will instead be released on July 17th, 2009.

From the press release:

In making the announcement, Mr. Horn stated, “Our reasons for shifting ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers’ strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer.”

Read the full release at the link below.
Press Release:
BURBANK, CA, August 14, 2008 – Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that it has moved back the release date of “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” to Summer 2009. The sixth installment of the blockbuster Harry Potter franchise will now open day-and-date domestically and in the major international markets on July 17, 2009. The announcement was made by Alan Horn, President and Chief Operating Officer, Warner Bros.

In making the announcement, Mr. Horn stated, “Our reasons for shifting ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last Harry Potter film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers’ strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move ‘Half-Blood Prince’ to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer.”

Jeff Robinov, President of Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group, confirmed, “The release date change does not alter the production schedule for this or future Harry Potter films. Post-production on ‘Half-Blood Prince’ was completed on time, and the studio’s release plans for the two-part ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ will not be affected by this change. We know Harry Potter fans are eagerly anticipating seeing the final chapters unfold onscreen. In fact, the good news for them is that the gap will now be shortened between ‘Half-Blood Prince’ and the first part of ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.’”

Commenting on the release date change for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” David Heyman, the producer of all the Harry Potter films, offered, “When Jeff Robinov explained the rationale behind moving the release date of ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ to July 2009, it was immediately apparent that this offered us the potential to reach the widest possible audience. I am extremely proud of this latest film and of the work of David Yates and our incomparable cast; I believe we have developed and pushed the series further still. We are all looking forward to sharing it with Harry Potter fans around the world, even if we have to wait just a bit longer.”

David Yates, the director of both “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix” and “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” and who will also helm “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” added, “It has been a joy to work on ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.’ Dan, Rupert and Emma and all our returning young cast continue to blossom, and our new cast members bring fresh color and life to Hogwarts. Even as we put the finishing touches on this latest film, we are already beginning preparations on the final two films—we start filming in February—and I am excited to bring this remarkable series to the exciting and moving conclusion its loyal fans deserve.”

In “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts. Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.

Warner Bros. Pictures presents a Heyday Films production, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” David Yates, who directed last year’s summer blockbuster “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” returns to direct “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” David Heyman and David Barron are the producers, with Lionel Wigram serving as executive producer. Steve Kloves wrote the screenplay, based on the book by J.K. Rowling.

Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson are reprising their roles as young wizards Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. The film also stars Jim Broadbent, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, David Thewlis and Julie Walters. The cast also features David Bradley, Jessie Cave, Frank Dillane, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch, Helen McCrory, Natalia Tena, Hero Fiennes Tiffin, and Bonnie Wright.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-14-2008 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #618
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

So..... no one is upset about this?

My youngest daughter..... she was almost in tears when I told her last night.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #619
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell???

I didn't see this last night...or anywhere else.

wow...it's so all about the money.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-15-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:59 AM   #620
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

If it was a book release I'd have begun cutting myself the moment I read about it.

But it's a movie, and I've already stated my opinion on the movies.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #621
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

But I already got screwed out of Star Trek this holiday season, and now this.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #622
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Yeah Flaco... but at least you still have Twilight. *crickets*
Old 08-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #623
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Yeah Flaco... but at least you still have Twilight. *crickets*
CTRL+ALT+DEL life
Old 08-15-2008, 10:06 AM   #624
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
CTRL+ALT+DEL life
ALT+F4 has a better ring to it, although not as commonly known I guess.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #625
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

My wife is going to be pissed about this.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #626
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I'm as into the movies as you guys are... I'm not upset about that at all.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #627
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Well for me personally it just means 10 months instead of 2 for me to read HBP again. I want to be properly peeved everytime they frack up the plot according to JKR.

It's my kids that this breaks my heart for. They have been pumped about the movie for so long now. And since that trailer aired, thats been a part of pretty much every single dinner conversation.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #628
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well for me personally it just means 10 months instead of 2 for me to read HBP again. I want to be properly peeved everytime they frack up the plot according to JKR.

It's my kids that this breaks my heart for. They have been pumped about the movie for so long now. And since that trailer aired, thats been a part of pretty much every single dinner conversation.
How beautiful - a family that nerds together, grows together...

(sorry - I'll leave your Dungeons & Dragons thread alone from here on out...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #629
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

underdog I'll trade you my necklace of +5 humor so you can start crackin' funny jokes
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #630
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
underdog I'll trade you my necklace of +5 humor so you can start crackin' funny jokes

(good ol' gay jokes to fall back on!)

EDIT: oops - just realized I broke my word about not posting in y'alls fooseball thread...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-15-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:24 PM   #631
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

U2, you need better dinner material.

This doesn't upset me. It's not like it was cancelled. I can wait til summer.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #632
nikeball
Platinum Member

Will there be less time in between HBP and DH?

I thought that would be the reason to do it..they could release it somewhat near the same time...They had better release the 1 and 2 part Deathly Hallows movie a few months apart...

ala the Matrix or LotR
Old 08-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #633
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

as of now DH P1 will still be Nov 2010 and P2 May 2011. But I don't trust them anymore.

And BBL.... I let the kids talk about what they want to talk about.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:15 AM   #634
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

that's unacceptable. you need to rule like a fine dicatator. familes aren't democracies!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #635
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Somehow.....inexplicably, compared to the other things I've heard that have been cut from the movie, the unbreakable vow DID manage to get filmed.

http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/picture/219174

How that gets filmed and the Gaunts don't...
Old 08-18-2008, 10:22 AM   #636
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

That's ridiculous. Talk about something that could easily be left out of the movie.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #637
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

See that's just it... it's a simple thing to cover. The Gaunts and Hepzibah are essential to the continuing story so those can just be glossed over or left out completely. The Unbreakable Vow is an interesting, but otherwise unnecessary tidbit to give the reader pause on why the book ended the way it ended, so therefore we must cover it in the movie.

It makes perfect sense to me.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #638
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Plus, it will take an extra 6 months for the CGI effects on the Vow.... so lets push the release date out that much longer, kay?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #639
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

To continue my post pad ranting session....

WHY OH WHY DID I WASTE THE TIME TO READ THIS IDIOTIC SERIES?????????????

Link
Old 08-18-2008, 10:46 AM   #640
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
To continue my post pad ranting session....

WHY OH WHY DID I WASTE THE TIME TO READ THIS IDIOTIC SERIES?????????????

Link
bc you are a 14 year old girl?

Tags
dumbledore is gay q=(, dumbledore kills snape, failed to cast leviosa, harry chases small balls, my elder wand is magical, snape dapes rumbledore, snape kills dumbledore, voldemort > harry, voldemort is awesome, your mom is awesome