Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #601
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Oh, come on, bor_ing. Surely he is getting the best medical care he could possibly get.
You would think so but it appears that somebody over there screwed up by clearing him to come back early.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #602
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
You would think so but it appears that somebody over there screwed up by clearing him to come back early.
We don't know that.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:40 PM   #603
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

What I don't get is why the FO has been so hush-hush about it. I'd rather just know that a long way away is possible versus this week by week nonsense.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #604
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
What I don't get is why the FO has been so hush-hush about it. I'd rather just know that a long way away is possible versus this week by week nonsense.
The only thing I'd say to this is if they don't have any new news, then it's not worth mentioning. If something new was on the horizon, like him going with the underwater treadmill, they'll mention it. Doesn't a timetable just put pressure on the situation? That's clearly not their agenda, to rush him back...they're winning and they still have him waiting in the wings.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #605
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
We don't know that.
That's why I qualified it with "appears". What we do know is that they allowed him to come back early, he suffered a setback and as a result a three month injury has become a six month injury.

So in retrospect it's clear that they weren't cautious enough. What we don't know is if any other medical staff, with the same information, would have handled it the same way.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #606
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
That's why I qualified it with "appears". What we do know is that they allowed him to come back early, he suffered a setback and as a result a three month injury has become a six month injury.

So in retrospect it's clear that they weren't cautious enough. What we don't know is if any other medical staff, with the same information, would have handled it the same way.
I'd have to do some digging...or someone else can but I think Reggie Evans just went down with the same exact injury or one very similar to it. If that's the case, there is your view from the outside.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #607
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'd have to do some digging...or someone else can but I think Reggie Evans just went down with the same exact injury or one very similar to it. If that's the case, there is your view from the outside.
As well as James Anderson of the Spurs and Damion James of the Nets.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #608
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I don't think they've actually given us this week by week stuff, that has been conjecture by others. Carlisle leads most of this, he just doesn't want to answer the same questions over and over you know..

"are we there yet" "are we there yet" "are we there yet" that goes on when you openly discuss someones return. So the entire club refuses to comment as well.

Can't blame 'em, he's not playing, they don't know yet when he's playing...we'll let you know something when we know something...let's get on with the season, there are more important things to discuss.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #609
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I don't think they've actually given us this week by week stuff, that has been conjecture by others. Carlisle leads most of this, he just doesn't want to answer the same questions over and over you know..

"are we there yet" "are we there yet" "are we there yet" that goes on when you openly discuss someones return. So the entire club refuses to comment as well.

Can't blame 'em, he's not playing, they don't know yet when he's playing...we'll let you know something when we know something...let's get on with the season, there are more important things to discuss.
Easy there tiger. It is plenty fair to wonder about this because the sooner he comes back, the better as far as I'm concerned. I actually was more irritated at the lack of pretty much any info versus caring about a specific timetable.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:08 PM   #610
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

I was at the Mavs@Warriors game where Roddy hit nine 3-pt shots... but even so, in the midst of his long absence, I had almost forgotten how brilliant he is. Then I watched some highlight videos on YouTube, and now I remember.

Come back soon, Roddy.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #611
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
As well as James Anderson of the Spurs and Damion James of the Nets.
add Brandon Jennings to the list:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...owing_surgery/

its got to be the way sneakers are made.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #612
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
I was at the Mavs@Warriors game where Roddy hit nine 3-pt shots... but even so, in the midst of his long absence, I had almost forgotten how brilliant he is. Then I watched some highlight videos on YouTube, and now I remember.

Come back soon, Roddy.
That's exactly what I wrote an article I posted this morning on MMB about. Nice.

Here's the link.

Would love to get some feedback from you guys.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #613
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Getting him back in February isn't that bad. It's actually good timing and it allows us several months to get him ready before the playoffs.

I dont understand all the pessimism.

It's a long time from February til May.

If he can come in and break down a defense than watch out.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #614
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Come back soon, Roddy.
Athletically, he is phenomenal. And his shot is just fine as well.

With his tools and some health, he has a legitimate chance to be great.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 12-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #615
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Athletically, he is phenomenal. And his shot is just fine as well.

He his tools and some health, he has a legitimate chance to be great.
i'm not worried about the results. The results will come in time.

I just want him fully healthy by February

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #616
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

February it's too late to see what he can give us after injury.
We need a player who will penetrate and score, if we want something more than 2nd round.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #617
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
That's exactly what I wrote an article I posted this morning on MMB about. Nice.

Here's the link.

Would love to get some feedback from you guys.
That was a great read tcat, thanks for reminding me of Roddy's awesomeness.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #618
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon View Post
We need a player who will penetrate and score, if we want something more than 2nd round.
I don't think it's too late to incorporate him. I think it's a great time with the older guys needing a nice reduction of minutes as we head to the stretch of the season.

I actually compare him favorably to Monta Ellis, someone who can create his own shot, get to the cup and create ways to get the ball up there. One of those guys that can tell Dirk to get out of the way and let him go one on one into the teeth of the defense.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #619
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
That was a great read tcat, thanks for reminding me of Roddy's awesomeness.
Thanks.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #620
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
I agree with you.February it's too late.We need him in January

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:45 PM   #621
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
I don't think it's too late to incorporate him. I think it's a great time with the older guys needing a nice reduction of minutes as we head to the stretch of the season.

I actually compare him favorably to Monta Ellis, someone who can create his own shot, get to the cup and create ways to get the ball up there. One of those guys that can tell Dirk to get out of the way and let him go one on one into the teeth of the defense.
I agree with the comparison to Ellis, the only thing with him is he doesn't seem to comfortable shooting a jumper off the dribble he needs to work on that
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #622
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I agree with the comparison to Ellis, the only thing with him is he doesn't seem to comfortable shooting a jumper off the dribble he needs to work on that
KJ and Timmy were deadly back in the day.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:59 AM   #623
CATCH-17

CATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the roughCATCH-17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
I agree with you.February it's too late.We need him in January
How is February too late?

April is too late... February is not.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:03 AM   #624
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

Roddy doesn't need time to be incorporated, he just goes out and makes plays.
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:40 AM   #625
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATCH-17 View Post

Why Fabruary is too late.Because Dirk need help.And we must know how Roddy will be play.

Last edited by 41mvp; 12-23-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 AM   #626
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why Fabruary is too late.Because Dirk need help.And we must see how Roddy will be play.
Novamber and Decamber is good time.How no Roddy in January is bad time why you think this???
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:57 AM   #627
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Novamber and Decamber is good time.How no Roddy in January is bad time why you think this???
We must know if he can play on high level.I think Roddy in January is good time but Roddy in Fabruary March,April it's too late

Last edited by 41mvp; 12-23-2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #628
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
You mean Ellis, and not Roddy, right? Roddy has a very good pull up jumper.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #629
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We must know if he can play on high level.I think Roddy in January is good time but Roddy in Fabruary March,April it's too late
It´s not too late!

Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #630
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

february still means we'll have like 30 games left to get him into the rotation. the real question is how to split up the 96 minutes at the guard positions. I'd like to see something like this:
Kidd: 30 minutes
Roddy:20 minutes
Terry:25 minutes
Stevenson:10-15 minutes
Barea:5-10 minutes

rotations could be something like that depending on matchup and situation:
kidd+terry for 15 minutes (closer unless roddy is hot)
kidd+stevenson for 10 minutes (starter)

kidd+roddy for 5 minutes
Terry+Roddy for 10 minutes vs backup guards or guards that are not too great offensively
Barea+Roddy for 5-10 minutes
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #631
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:

How you would make a trade in April?
It's sure we will need in PO someone who will penetrate. At now we don't even know Roddy can jump like year ago. Trade deadline is in middle of February, you forgot?

25 minutes for Terry?
He should play only in 4th qtr, and in PO he shouldn't even play.

Last edited by deamon; 12-23-2010 at 10:59 AM.
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #632
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I'd also like to see Roddy cutting into JJBs minutes the most, but who will be running the point then? I think until further notice we are done with Roddy at PG, aren't we? Could Jet step in?
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #633
CATCH-17

Quote:
How you would make a trade in April?
It's sure we will need in PO someone who will penetrate. At now we don't even know Roddy can jump like year ago. Trade deadline is in middle of February, you forgot?

25 minutes for Terry?
He should play only in 4th qtr, and in PO he shouldn't even play.
He is worth waiting for and a trade would be stupid because he is the only bright spot for the Mavs future.

Right now the Mavs are fools gold because they still rely on the jump shot and our Jump Shots don't fall in the Summer.

Roddy is the only available player that could potentially put us over the top with his ability to slash and get/create easy buckets.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #634
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I'd also like to see Roddy cutting into JJBs minutes the most, but who will be running the point then? I think until further notice we are done with Roddy at PG, aren't we? Could Jet step in?
That would be the hope. Maybe:

PG: Kidd (32)/Terry(16)
SG: Stevenson(14)/Roddy(24)/Terry(10)

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #635
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The greatest thing about Roddy is when he comes back we won't be relying on him to "produce or we fail". We have done well without him, exceptionally and surprisingly well without him. So whatever he brings whenever he comes back is just icing!

My guess is that it's less pressure than he would have had if he never got hurt. The guy can come in without the weight of the city on his shoulders to be the "2nd option" and play ball, like he did in the beginning and wow with his raw ability.

Maybe things happen for a reason, maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #636
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
He is worth waiting for and a trade would be stupid because he is the only bright spot for the Mavs future.

Right now the Mavs are fools gold because they still rely on the jump shot and our Jump Shots don't fall in the Summer.

Roddy is the only available player that could potentially put us over the top with his ability to slash and get/create easy buckets.
Yes he is our future.But we need him quickly.We must know if he can play on high level in playoffs.

Last edited by 41mvp; 12-23-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #637
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Every time this thread is updated, I hope it's BG posting that Roddy is back in practice and will be game-ready next week.

So far, this has not been the case.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #638
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Every time this thread is updated, I hope it's BG posting that Roddy is back in practice and will be game-ready next week.

So far, this has not been the case.
I also hope

Old 12-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #639
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also hope
Do you have a xmas list?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #640
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Do you have a xmas list?
maybe.And you?

Tags
"boo boo", broussard mav hater, b_o_r_i_n_g, doghouse, easy win, employé numéro huit, flying frenchman, free roddy b's foot, jeff's vagina monologues, mikefisherhypemachine, myroddybucketisfull, overrated pos, roddy = rondo but better, rudy!rudy!rudy!, the future, wankingoff to roddy vid