Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #601
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Odom must be the biggest piece of crap since ...whatever.

ps: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?s=dallas

Now the next thing RC should do is expect 100% effort or you get a DNP for the rest of the season. No more excuses.

Playoff rotation

PG: Kidd 30 West 18
SG: West 12 Jet 36
SF: Marion 30 VC 18
PF: Dirk 40 Marion 8
C: Wood 25 Wright 13 Ian 10

Last edited by markus1234; 04-09-2012 at 09:25 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 09:19 AM   #602
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

When Odom comes back to Dallas in a Lakers, Clippers or Heat jersey the fans are gonna boo the hell out of him, If something was wrong with him he should have took the season off instead of dragging the entire team down with him, I had alot for respect for Odom but not anymore.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #603
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Lets trade him in june back to the Lakers for their Odom exception and our pick.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #604
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Oops already posted on the previous page but bears repeating for those who only read the last page:

Lamar Odom, Mavs sever ties

Last edited by iella; 04-09-2012 at 09:31 AM.
iella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #605
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lamar Odom's brief and bumpy ride with the Dallas Mavericks has come to an abrupt end.

The Mavericks and Odom spent Easter Sunday working out a parting, according to sources close to the situation, that frees the struggling Odom to leave the team immediately without actually being released.

"The Mavericks and I have mutually agreed that it's in the best interest of both parties for me to step away from the team," Odom said in a statement to ESPN.com. "I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs' organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship."
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #606
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lamar Odom, Mavs sever ties

Lamar Odom's brief and bumpy ride with the Dallas Mavericks has come to an abrupt end.

The Mavericks and Odom spent Easter Sunday working out a parting, according to sources close to the situation, that frees the struggling Odom to leave the team immediately without actually being released.

"The Mavericks and I have mutually agreed that it's in the best interest of both parties for me to step away from the team," Odom said in a statement to ESPN.com. "I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs' organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship."

Sources said Monday that Odom's departure will be immediate and that the Mavericks intend to simply list him as inactive for the rest of the season instead of outright releasing him, leaving open the possibility that they could still trade him after the season in conjunction with the draft. Any team that has Odom on its roster as of June 29 must buy him out by that date for $2.4 million or otherwise accept responsibility for the full $8.2 million that Odom is scheduled to earn in 2012-13.

Even if either side had pushed for a formal release, there is little upside to taking that step now with Odom ineligible to play in the playoffs with another team because he wasn't waived before the March 23 deadline. One source close to the 32-year-old told ESPN.com that the decision sets Odom up to "clear his head and start getting ready for next season" after his career-low numbers and minutes continued to dip as the season wore on.

Odom will not be at practice Monday, sources said, after he was given just four first-quarter minutes of playing time Saturday night in Memphis, accounting for the low point of a consistently rocky season in Dallas following his trade in December from the Los Angeles Lakers.

Odom's representatives pushed for the trade to Dallas after it became known that the Lakers had agreed to trade Odom to the league-owned New Orleans Hornets as part of a Chris Paul blockbuster that was ultimately vetoed by NBA commissioner David Stern in his role as the Hornets' lead decision-maker.

Throughout Odom's season-long struggles to adapt to his new surroundings, Mavs officials and players have repeatedly expressed confidence that the former Laker could still be a playoff X-factor, pointing to the team's 0-7 record without him as evidence that his presence -- if only for the minute relief Odom gives star forward Dirk Nowitzki -- has helped the team on some level.

But exasperation with Odom's languid play reached an apparent breaking point in Memphis. Both coach Rick Carlisle and Nowitzki refused to discuss the Odom situation after Dallas' 94-89 defeat to the Grizzlies.

"No Lamar questions tonight," Carlisle told reporters.

Nowitzki, meanwhile, fielded questions for four minutes about his own struggles in the Memphis defeat -- including two late turnovers -- but ended the interview when asked about Odom.

"I'm done talking about that," Nowitzki said.

Associates of the veteran forward, meanwhile, have long maintained privately that his lack of a clear-cut role with the Mavericks -- where minutes behind Nowitzki are limited -- complicated the transition. Lakers star Kobe Bryant said as much after a game in Dallas recently, describing himself as "pleasantly surprised" that the Odom deal wasn't coming back to haunt his team.

"It's tough," Bryant said. "He comes to a team that's pretty much set, you know what I mean? So it's hard for him to find his niche. The fans, they don't really understand what he does or how he can do it, you know what I mean?

"I hope they don't unlock that mystery. I know. I know how to use him and to use his skill set and this, that and the other. But with this team, the roster that they had being pretty much set, it's tough for him to be able to find his groove here."

After declining to offer defensive anchor Tyson Chandler more than a one-year deal in the offseason to preserve future salary-cap flexibility, even after Chandler's pivotal role in the Mavericks' championship breakthrough last season, Dallas used the resulting trade exception created by Chandler's sign-and-trade move to the New York Knicks to bring Odom in with the idea that the parties could help each other greatly on a one-season basis.

Dallas was initially seen as an ideal destination for Odom to start over after the jolt of being discarded by the Lakers, but he began the season well short of peak condition after a tumultuous summer on a personal level and never quite caught up.

Left reeling by the July murder of his 24-year-old cousin and a fatal car accident days later that killed a teen pedestrian after the car he was riding in as a passenger collided with a motorcycle, Odom did almost no basketball training during the five-month lockout. The contrast in preparation to his final season with the Lakers was stark; Odom won NBA Sixth Man Award honors in 2010-11 after spending the bulk of the summer of 2010 with Team USA, often playing as a center for a squad that won the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.

Odom leaves the Mavericks averaging just 6.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 20.5 minutes per game while shooting 35.2 percent from the field and 25.2 percent on 3-pointers, all career lows by some distance.

Unlike a leave Odom was granted just before the All-Star break, there are no plans to bring him back to the team this time, sources said.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...es-immediately

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #607
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
I hope everythings ok with his family, some things matter more than basketball.

Chris Manning‏@LD2k

Close

Heard Odom's contract could be bought out by the Mavs and he may be done (personal reasons). Hope it's not true. Love Odom.
Nice call! .. Well sorta and only (02-27-2012 ) a month and a half late.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #608
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Could a mod finally take the "maybe" out of the thread title?

Old 04-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #609
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Odom leaving the Mavs is THE most important thing that could happen at this point in the season. I suspect the team will play significantly better all around basketball because of better focus and higher energy. The energy has been better lately but the lack of concentration and tension has been palpable. It may be too little too late, but this is a hopeful sign that management is not giving up on the season. The Mavs desperately need to develop some chemistry and trust in order to go into the playoffs on a positive note. Now, I hope JET just keeps his trap shut to give it a chance.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #610
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Nice call!
You did well yourself yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
When nowitzki doesn't speak management better listen.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #611
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope this brings the team together. I imagine this as addition by subtraction (kinda like losing Roddy last year).

Not a lot of time, but Kidd, Marion, Dirk, and Jet really need to rally together, make a little push here, and with a couple of favorable matchups hopefully this team can make some noise.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #612
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Well that's it for LO. Good riddance says some, but after reading the article it seems we picked up this guy after some horrible personal tragedies... As much as I wanna slam LO for not playing basketball, I can't because how the hell do you ever get over killing a teenage in a car accident and then just play go on with life as normal and play basketball? I don't think anyone would be mentally calm after something like that.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #613
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god. GTFO

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:08 AM   #614
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Well that's it for LO. Good riddance says some, but after reading the article it seems we picked up this guy after some horrible personal tragedies... As much as I wanna slam LO for not playing basketball, I can't because how the hell do you ever get over killing a teenage in a car accident and then just play go on with life as normal and play basketball? I don't think anyone would be mentally calm after something like that.
If his life was so tragic that focusing on on his job couldn't be a priority, then he should have decided to step away from the game before he agreed to take Mark Cuban's money... Once he made that commitment, he should have manned-up and a focused on basketball.

It's kinda hard to feel sorry for a guy who just stole $8.9mil and probably deep-sixed our chances of defending the title.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #615
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Doug Christie + wife > Lamar Odom + wife

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #616
nowhereman
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If his life was so tragic that focusing on on his job couldn't be a priority, then he should have decided to step away from the game before he agreed to take Mark Cuban's money... Once he made that commitment, he should have manned-up and a focused on basketball.

It's kinda hard to feel sorry for a guy who just stole $8.9mil and probably deep-sixed our chances of defending the title.
Spot on.

Quote:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #617
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Roddy had some really good games after his father died. His March stats were 11 ppg, 3 apg, 3 rpg, 1.5 steals on 45% shooting. He may be inconsistent and can't hit a three to save his life lately, but I've never see him quit like Odom did. If the odds were against Odom, then he should have taken the season off.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #618
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Too bad his contract with the MAVS is not longer. Could be a great opportunity to bench him for the rest of his career.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #619
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Oh and f*ck the Lakers too...What goes around comes around.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #620
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The Mavericks did everything they could to appease Lamar, but nothing was going to help him. He was completely butthurt upon leaving LA; this was destined to fail from the get go.

I hope this brings the team together in some way. This is absolutely addition by subtraction.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #621
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Roddy had some really good games after his father died. His March stats were 11 ppg, 3 apg, 3 rpg, 1.5 steals on 45% shooting. He may be inconsistent and can't hit a three to save his life lately, but I've never see him quit like Odom did. If the odds were against Odom, then he should have taken the season off.
What I am trying to say is LO probably has far more questions in his mind concerning that teenagers death because of how it played out than Roddy does about his father. I agree that he should've taken the season off because first you have your cousin dying, then you are involved in the killing of a teenager, then the team you played for 7 years who you're a 2x Champion with drops you.. it's time for a fucking break which he should've taken.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #622
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

garbage, i bet he doesnt even feel bad for how bad of an effort he has given this year. were competing to lock a spot up for the playoffs and lamar odom isnt good enough this year to help us in doing that. tht is just so hard to believe. just imagine how good this team could have been with lo posting 8-10 pts 4-6 rebs 1-2 assts per game in 20 mins.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #623
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

All i care now is to erase his guaranteed 2.4M salary without giving up more than cash or a 2nd rounder
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #624
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

good riddance.

Last edited by alexamenos; 04-09-2012 at 10:30 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #625
DTownKidd

DTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the roughDTownKidd is a jewel in the rough

So whats the deal as regards to FA? How long till he can be picked up? I suppose it's only a matter of hours before LeBron announces he would like him on the team. If he goes to the heat and preforms well I'll smack a bitch.
DTownKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #626
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

What. A. Waste.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #627
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I absolutely agree. And as someone who played basketball at the High School level, there were times when I had a lot of tough personal problems (Obviously, nothing nowhere as hard as what Lamar has been through), what I did was to use basketball as an escape. When you're playing basketball, you're not thinking of what's bothering you at home, you're thinking of how to score on the next play or how to set a teammate up etc. I knew Odom had been through some tough times, and I was expecting him to use basketball as a means of escape this season. He's just a very mentally weak player. Props to Kobe for leading such an individual to championships. Yes, he's talented but he's a very weak minded person imho. I'm just happy he's gone.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #628
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTownKidd View Post
So whats the deal as regards to FA? How long till he can be picked up? I suppose it's only a matter of hours before LeBron announces he would like him on the team. If he goes to the heat and preforms well I'll smack a bitch.
He's currently not a free agent, just benched indefinitely (nor would he be playoff-eligible if he was, since the deadline has passed...)

Right now the big hope is to trade him to another team during the draft, otherwise we're going to have to eat that $2.5mil hit against the cap next season when we end up cutting his ass.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-09-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #629
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Well looks like Odom's agent "owes us one." And Deron to Dallas does not count.
Kidd Karma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #630
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I can't say I'm especially optimistic about the team's chances going forward - a productive Lamar would have made the Mavs a considerably better team - but if this kind of immediate clarity regarding Lamar Odom's future with the team is bad news, I can honestly say that I've never been happier to hear bad news. Good riddance you worthless piece of $#!t. I wish nothing but pain and failure on you for the rest of your basketball career.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #631
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Well looks like Odom's agent "owes us one." And Deron to Dallas does not count.
Just posted an article about that over in the "it's not going to happen" thread.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #632
HowsMyDirkTaste

HowsMyDirkTaste is on a distinguished road

I hope we trade him to the bobcats on draft day.
HowsMyDirkTaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #633
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for him to show up at the AAC in another uniform next season. I'll buy nosebleeds, I don't care where I sit, I just want to be there to boo his ass off.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #634
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Well, I can't say I'm especially optimistic about the team's chances going forward - a productive Lamar would have made the Mavs a considerably better team - but if this kind of immediate clarity regarding Lamar Odom's future with the team is bad news, I can honestly say that I've never been happier to hear bad news. Good riddance you worthless piece of $#!t. I wish nothing but pain and failure on you for the rest of your basketball career.
Worst Dallas Maverick ever when it comes to expectation vs. reality?

At least Tarpley had a couple good seasons before he flamed out...

Old 04-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #635
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say I'm dissapointed. Maybe we can focus better with him gone and improve as a team. Seems like team chemistry has held us back as much as fatigue.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #636
GhostFace
Platinum Member

Quote:

I completely agree with you UD. Shit like that happens in someones life I can understand it plaguing him constantly, but you're he should've been able to realize their is no way he can go back to being the old LO, just won't happen. We took his word for it and lost the gamble.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #637
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

mavs needed some change, the majority of the team had to have been fed up with his shit. this could be a spark. the garbage is out of the locker room they should play better now and be motivated to play with out that joke who supposedly was the sixth man of the year.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #638
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blah blah. You really do just move on. People deal with tragedy everyday but a lot of them don't have jobs that pay multi-millions. Most people deal with horrible events and then drudge back in to their shit ass jobs and deal with it day by day because thats life. It sucks but we must push on. His world is crumbling around him because he isn't a Laker for life... not because of anything else.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #639
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

FUCK Lamar Odom......sinple as that

I hope now that the Mavs can move on and rediscover the chemistry and good play of last season. I hope Dirk, Jet, and Kidd sit down together and refocus and then ait down with the rest of the guys and promise to leave it all out there. This will bring the team togethwr and hopefully another deep run.

GOOO MAVS
Old 04-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #640
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

So, I guess we can all stop pretending to like him now, right? I mean, he is still officially a member of this team, is it still taboo for me to hate on him?

Tags
hopehegetsgilloolyed, lamar odom > cadbane, lol khloe, odom's bag of rocks, odom's empty bag