Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #641
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

If we land Matthews, Jordan and Wright, I would certainly be ecstatic. Man, canĀ“t wait any longer.

Last edited by Thukydides; 07-01-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #642
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion, there's a strong chance that Matthews is a bust because of his type of injury.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #643
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
In my opinion, there's a strong chance that Matthews is a bust because of his type of injury.
Right. I think people are underestimating the injury he's trying to come back from. And the fact that he wants 12 million doesn't make me any more comfortable about his injury.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #644
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Right. I think people are underestimating the injury he's trying to come back from. And the fact that he wants 12 million doesn't make me any more comfortable about his injury.
He's actually looking for 15 mil. Even crazier!

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #645
DirkMFFL

DirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these partsDirkMFFL is infamous around these parts

Losing our #1 scorer is something to joke about? Lets see how much the jokes look if mavs land nobody relevant.
DirkMFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #646
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

I feel like we will end up with nothing again..

Aminu gone...
Green gone...

looks like Aldridge is gone soon and im not feeling too well about DeAndre right now..

Looks like another offseason were we end up with the OJ Mayos and Darren Collisons of this world.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #647
PartywithDirk

PartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to allPartywithDirk is a name known to all

I'm usually a pretty negative person, but i actually feel great about this....

Matthews is receiving limited interest (from what I've read), so i think we can get him. Yes, injury is a concern...but sometimes you have to take a risk. We got Tyson because he failed a physical with OKC.

If the reports about Wright coming back in a SNT are legit, that makes me happy.

We're in hour 3 of our 2nd meeting with Jordan. I feel pretty good about that.

In a super long shot, LA is looking for a place where he DOES NOT have to play center (according to all reports). If we can somehow land DJ...that's a pretty big fish to dangle in front of LaMarcus at the Center spot.

Of course, this could all blow up and we end up as a mediocre D League level team...but here's to optimism.
PartywithDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #648
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Jae Crowder anyone?
http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2015/7/...der-per-report
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #649
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

Golden State talks with Dray Green breaking down. He wants $70 over 5.
I like him. But that is asking a lot.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #650
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
After losing Aminu? Absolutely... Just depends on cost.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #651
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Looks like Mavs are still sour after the Rondo trade and just making Crowder cost more. Crowder is Restricted and Celtics have had every intention in keeping him.

Besides, why would Crowder be interested in rejoining Mavs after he was so glad to be something else rather than a spot up shooter in Carlisle's system?
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #652
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Feel the exact same way. I really hope the mavs dont cave and give him 15million.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #653
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Giving Matthews 15M a year would be worse than the Rondo Trade

Baller from the G'
Old 07-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #654
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
He's probably looking at himself as a forward center now after what happened in the finals. Which he thinks raises his value much more.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #655
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's a much better player than Tristan who is getting 80.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #656
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
After losing Aminu? Absolutely... Just depends on cost.
Well because of Aminu contract, he's going to be pointing to it and saying he wants something close to that. From his perspective, coming to Dallas almost seems like a step back. He wasnt great, but he did a lot more for Boston offensively than Dallas.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #657
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnowit41 View Post
He's actually looking for 15 mil. Even crazier!
Your right. I think I read they want him for 12 million but he wants 15 million. Man.....free agency has been rather depressing. I really didn't see this coming where guys are getting overpaid like this.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #658
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'd jump on that actually. That's not nearly as bad as I thought. I mean if Aminu got 40 million how can I not justify the extra 30 million for Green?
Old 07-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #659
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Healthy Matthews wasn't worth 15, but he'd have gotten 15 under the new setup.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:20 PM   #660
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Right. I'm sort of confused to why Green is settling for that.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #661
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

DP

Last edited by tap2390; 07-01-2015 at 04:24 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #662
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Give me Dray Green & Deandre, let Dirk come off the bench. Doing a patchwork job on the backcourt forces Justin Anderson to float-or-sink as well.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #663
bunkmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I hear you.
And "Overpaying" Green is likely safer than paying Matthews.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #664
bunkmoreland

Beverly or Mo, Harris
Dray Green, Anderson
Parsons, Crowder
Dirk, Powell, Villanueva
DeAndre, Brandan Wright

I suppose I could live with something like this.

I guess Dray is not really a SG but...

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 07-01-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #665
GermanStandard

You guys have to forget the old Contracts.

The Cap will rise to almost 100M the next years.

Theres not much overpaying going on, the Teams just adjust to the new Cap Numbers coming the next years.

The only one that still offers the old cheap contracts are the Mavs apparently...I read that they came nowhere close the Aminu Deal that Portland dished out..

Baller from the G'
Old 07-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #666
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
The only one that still offers the old cheap contracts are the Mavs apparently...I read that they came nowhere close the Aminu Deal that Portland dished out..
Because we're chasing max players -- can't go paying a guy like Aminu that much money before you know what Jordan and Aldridge are up to.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-01-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #667
GermanStandard

Well since there isnt anything happen but long meetings with Jordan here is some news for Backups

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 3 Min.Vor 3 Minuten

Sources: Kings, Knicks, Wizards, Dallas and Pacers are registering interest in Derrick Williams

Baller from the G'
Old 07-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #668
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Tyson gone...Aminu gone...At this point I would think you give Matthews what he is asking for and hope that is the tipping point for Jordan to sign with the Mavs. Worry about PG and the bench later. Get it done.. now!

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-01-2015 at 05:00 PM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #669
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

DonĀ“t know, if it was posted in this thread, but I canĀ“t understand those of you, who donĀ“t think Matthews is worth 15 Mio per year. He would be exactly what we dreamt about last season. He is way, way better than Danny Green and DeMarre Carroll (who got paid seriously). And most of all: Did anyone around here think, that we might even have a shot at getting him a few months ago. To me this is a golden opportunity and you need to grab it.

Regarding his injury: the dude went undrafted, worked his ass off to climb up the ladder, heĀ“s just 28 years old. IĀ“m 100% sure, that he will be as good as last season. (DidnĀ“t Kobe have the same injury and come back without decreasing athletically? He was much older!)

We should be so happy, if this goes through. It would be far better that what I dreamt of, seriously.

Last edited by Thukydides; 07-01-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #670
bunkmoreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thukydides View Post
IĀ“m 100% sure, that he will be as good as last season. (DidnĀ“t Kobe have the same injury and come back without decreasing athletically? He was much older!)
I like Matthews a lot. But I had thought that almost every player with this injury was never the same afterwards. If I am wrong about that, then this would definitely push me to favor signing Matthews.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #671
GermanStandard

Right now we probably really have to dish out 15M a year for Matthews given the contracts floating around now.

Baller from the G'
Old 07-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #672
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/fantasy...tured-achilles

Quote:
All in all, players who returned from a ruptured Achilles didn't see a huge dropoff in their rate stats in their first season back, surprisingly. On the whole, these players' usage, rebound and assists rates generally stayed constant. However, their efficiency took a hit, as the collective dropped from 45.9 percent shooting to 40.9 on average. That could be the result of players settling for more 3-pointers as they tried to get their legs under them, as the average 3-point rate rose 21 percent.
The optimism would be that Matthews is already a guy who shoots 3's so he wouldn't fall into the "settle for more 3 pointers" category.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:11 PM   #673
Thukydides

Quote:
I like Matthews a lot. But I had thought that almost every player with this injury was never the same afterwards. If I am wrong about that, then this would definitely push me to favor signing Matthews.
We need to do some more research :-)
Old 07-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #674
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
Right now we probably really have to dish out 15M a year for Matthews given the contracts floating around now.
That's about the same as Parsons... Is Wes Matthews worth the same as Chandler Parsons to the Mavericks? Monta Ellis isn't.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-01-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #675
GermanStandard

Quote:
That's about the same as Parsons... Is Wes Matthews worth the same as Chandler Parsons to the Mavericks? They've already said that Monta Ellis isn't.
I think they are both pretty much the same in terms of production but Parsons i younger and looks to have more upside and isnt coming back from the worst injury possible but i dont think the Mavs can look at the Contracts they way theyve been doing before today.

You have to adjust to market prices.

Baller from the G'
Old 07-01-2015, 05:14 PM   #676
tap2390
Diamond Member

No thank you to Wes Matthews for $15 mil. Sign Pat Bev for $8, Gerald Green for $7 instead.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #677
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's about the same as Parsons... Is Wes Matthews worth the same as Chandler Parsons to the Mavericks? Monta Ellis isn't.
I will say that I'd rather have Matthews than not have him. And this obviously isn't just about next season as you've pointed out. Give me Matthews for four seasons and hope he is healthy for three of them.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #678
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thukydides View Post
We need to do some more research :-)
Casey Smith is the best in the biz. I trust his assessments.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #680
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
...and Barea is one of the best. One dimensional, but THAT's his dimension.
IF we sign DeAndre Jordan, we NEED to resign Barea. His ability to penetrate will create Jordan's offensive game...and make 3M look pretty cheap.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote