Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #641
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you guys are looking at the right video. You can't see it on the Dallas broadcast. You have to use the Sac feed. Rondo clearly pushes Dirk and yells something at him. Dirk yells as the free throw goes through the hoop and angrily slaps the ball, and then turns to yell at Rondo. Rondo then yells back at him and raises his hand.

Could be nothing, but he wasn't moving Dirk so they didn't collide. I know you aren't looking at the correct feed, because you can see Rondo's face right as he's pushing Dirk. He may have just been telling him to lay off the ref, because she looks at Dirk right after Rondo pushes him, and again after he slaps the ball. Also, Monta raises his hand and says something at the same time as Rondo. Yeah I have an imagination.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2015, 07:39 PM   #642
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I don't think you guys are looking at the right video. You can't see it on the Dallas broadcast. You have to use the Sac feed. Rondo clearly pushes Dirk and yells something at him. Dirk yells as the free throw goes through the hoop and angrily slaps the ball, and then turns to yell at Rondo. Rondo then yells back at him and raises his hand.

Could be nothing, but he wasn't moving Dirk so they didn't collide. I know you aren't looking at the correct feed, because you can see Rondo's face right as he's pushing Dirk. He may have just been telling him to lay off the ref, because she looks at Dirk right after Rondo pushes him, and again after he slaps the ball. Also, Monta raises his hand and says something at the same time as Rondo. Yeah I have an imagination.
Quarter and time?
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #643
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Whatever... Dirk used to yell at Devin Harris all the time before he was traded for Kidd. Not only did they remain close friends, but Devin even came back to play for the Mavs.

Yelling at each other on the court is business, not personal. If they do it in the locker room or on Twitter, then there might actually be reason for concern.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #644
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am absolutely looking at the right video. You said the Sac broadcast, so I went to the Sac broadcast. I see exactly what you're talking about. I think calling it a "confrontation" is a huge stretch, as I said. I literally would not have even noticed it at all if I wasn't specifically looking for it--that's how benign it was.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #645
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I am absolutely looking at the right video. You said the Sac broadcast, so I went to the Sac broadcast. I see exactly what you're talking about. I think calling it a "confrontation" is a huge stretch, as I said. I literally would not have even noticed it at all if I wasn't specifically looking for it--that's how benign it was.
Ok so maybe there was no confrontation, but there was certainly a kerfuffle.

Erica, 1:06 left in the fourth.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:55 PM   #646
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Another interesting non-confrontation occurred on the same play that causes Cousins to foul out. Dirk grabs Parsons and flings him towards the spot he is supposed to be on defense. Then after the play is over Dirk lets Parsons have it.

Last edited by FreshJive; 01-15-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #647
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

You mean this tap? Jesus that's minor.

I guess you see what you want to see.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-15-2015 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #648
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

FreshJive, your initial assessment of the incident ends up sounding quite reasonable compared to some of the total clowns on DB.com:

http://t.co/CzIGh0GZZg

(Note that there is literally a guy who says he thinks Rondo will be traded before the deadline. Remind me never to go to DB. Ever.)

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-16-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:01 PM   #649
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to hear from someone who was at the game. If there was really a confrontation, they would have noticed it.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #650
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Well, they had 5 games on the road. Seeing your teammates 24hours/5 days is quite stressful.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:10 PM   #651
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
FreshJive, your initial assessment of the incident ends up sounding quite reasonable compared to some of the total clowns on DB.com:

(Note that there is literally a guy who says he thinks Rondo will be traded before the deadline. Remind me never to go to DB. Ever.)
Someone on DB made a thread about how there's tension between dirk and parsons because of how parsons reacted to dirk knocking the mic out of skins hand.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #652
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like rondo was raising his hand to someone on the bench or stands... Ellis did it too at the exact moment.

Last edited by Windmill360; 01-19-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:47 AM   #653
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Someone on DB made a thread about how there's tension between dirk and parsons because of how parsons reacted to dirk knocking the mic out of skins hand.
They've been taking a dump on Parsons all season. The inmates run the asylum over there, and it ain't pretty.

I'm all about having a discussion about how Parsons hasn't been as good since Rondo arrived, but the Mavs are 29-13. There isn't much to complain about outside of backup center.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #654
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
They obviously saw only the footage from the Vine. Right after the video cuts off, Parsons dryly jokes that Dirk committed a flagrant foul. Some people just need more to do.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #655
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Quote:

I have problem comprehending the fact that the video warranted a 3-page thread in that site.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:35 PM   #656
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

I think if I was a mod at DB.com I would probably resign and quit the internet forever.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #657
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think if I was a mod at DB.com I would probably resign and quit the internet forever.
They don't have mods or ones that actually do anything. I understand that Fish wants to make a few bucks with his "premium" content, but allowing the Cadbanes of the world to take over to make a buck isn't the way.

And since I actually care about this place, we should probably start a new topic about this in a different sub forum.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:35 PM   #658
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Do i have to pay to use their awesome forum?
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #659
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

So after 14 games our margin of victory has tightened with Rondo. But we are entering the harder part of our schedule, so it's expected.

Some positives is that our opponent's FG% dropped a little. Our opponent's 3 point % dropped 8 points (from 39.2% to 31.2%)! Our FG% on offense dropped (Rondo taking shots) but our 3 point FG% went up (Rondo finding the open guy beyond the arc). Keep in mind that Dirk was shit throughout most of this (and he still managed to average 17PPG in one of his worst slumps ever). He's starting to look like himself again. And boy did he choose the right time against Memphis where they'd only lost 4 games all year.

All in all, it's what I expected. Yeah, our offense was on a record-pace before the trade. But we were by far playing the softest part of our schedule. One thing I like is this team has been great this season in tight games. The tightening of the margin of victory doesn't bother me as long as we keep coming out on top in close Western Conference games the second half of the season.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 01-20-2015 at 08:53 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #660
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I will take the offense/defense tradeoff and general balance any day. I feel like, pre-trade, we had the potential to be the #1 offense in the league, even with pretty poor PG play, but we never really had a chance at being anything better than 20th-23rd defensively or something like that. With the improving defense, I would happily settle for a top 8-10 offense if we could even muster a top 15 defense. Looks like we're on our way.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:09 AM   #661
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

I tend to agree as well, I think the newly found defensive balance with Rondo is worth sacrificing some of the offense. As we enter a rougher part of the schedule we'll get a better chance to assess his ability, but as good as advertised up to now.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #662
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe still wants Rajon Rondo in LA to assist him in building housing complexes.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 01-21-2015 at 02:34 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #663
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
I don't think Kobe needs any help laying bricks.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #664
Esther

Esther will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Yeah Rondo has a history of not being the most liked player. He and Ray Allen had some issues with each other. Hopefully that was nothing.
Much of Rondo's negative reputation is nothing more than smoke generated by the media. It is well known that Rondo refused to kiss up to the media since day one, and was not afraid to embarrassed them when they ask dumb questions. Seriously, go dig for quotes and incidents, you can't find anything substantial that says Rondo was a bad teammate, except one story from his rookie year where he was impatient when they fumbled his passes. That one story was quoted over and over by the journalists because they couldn't find anything else. On the contrary, there are plenty evidence that he stood by his teammates, on and off court, especially for the younger ones.

He did clash with Doc Rivers, and that has to do with differences in vision of the game and personality. When speaking to the media, he showed Rivers nothing but respect. Rondo and Allen actually started out with a very close friendship that ended in a fall out. We don't know what happened exactly, but it is interesting to note that Allen blasted Rondo to the media when he left Boston, where Rondo simply said he does not have a problem with Allen and left it at that.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:30 PM   #665
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I will take the offense/defense tradeoff and general balance any day. I feel like, pre-trade, we had the potential to be the #1 offense in the league, even with pretty poor PG play, but we never really had a chance at being anything better than 20th-23rd defensively or something like that. With the improving defense, I would happily settle for a top 8-10 offense if we could even muster a top 15 defense. Looks like we're on our way.
I agree in accepting the reduction in offense in order to improve the defense. It was the point of the trade. But up until the Memphis game, Dallas had turned in about two straight weeks of being one of the worst offenses in the NBA. That can't continue, no matter what happens to the defense.

The offense needs to stabilize as (at minimum) a top ten offense. And to really be a true contender, I think it needs to stay closer to 5-6.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #666
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

As long as Rondo understands he is here for his defense and not to dominate the ball, we'll get back to our great offense. Tbh Harris is the full package for us. He can do both shooting and defense. Great to have him off the bench.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #667
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...until-he-signs

Yeah good luck Kopee. Pretty sure Rondo would love to go back to another lottery team...

Last edited by sefant77; 01-21-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #668
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

"Come play with 37-year-old me and a bunch of spares"

How could Rondo resist?>
Old 01-21-2015, 11:33 PM   #669
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
"Come play with 37-year-old me and a bunch of spares"
Or
"You're the perfect PG fit with me because I'll get more shot attempts".

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-21-2015 at 11:33 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:12 AM   #670
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Rondo is playing on a team that is one game behind the two seed in the stacked west with an amazing cast behind him.

Let's see

Is Kobe is his prime? No
Is Phil Jackson there? No
Pau Gasol still there? No
Is Shaq there? No
Is Dr. Bus' kid pretty terrible at running the franchise? Yes

Hmmm. I kind of like Dallas here.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 01-22-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:14 AM   #671
howdoesmydirktaste

Deep down inside, Kobe knows he's just chasing Malone and Jabar and that's it.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:18 AM   #672
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Rondo more than most seems to be a player that thrives in a winning environment, his skill set is also one that is best used when he has other scorers around him. Therefore it makes little to no sense to him to go the Lakers, when he could barely wait to get out of a losing situation in Boston.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:31 AM   #673
sefant77
Guru

Thats our luck, there isnt any playoff team or contender out there this summer who has a need for Rondo...

Knicks - trash
Lakers - trash
Kings - trash and not enough cap without trades
Old 01-22-2015, 08:54 AM   #674
howdoesmydirktaste

This quote from Sefko's article in the DMN sums up exactly why this dude is who I want to be our PG for many years.

“I just didn’t want him to get 50,” Rondo said. “He’s averaging more than 20 in their wins and about 11 in their losses. I think he was under 11.”

Well, yes Rondo, he got 5.

Clearly he spends a considerable amount of time studying his opponents, even if they are on scrub teams. I realize that this is what he's supposed to do, but it's great to hear him breaking down stats. I'm glad he takes PG opponents on scrub teams that seriously.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 01-22-2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:12 AM   #675
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Rondo looked really happy on the bench yesterday. Joked with Parsons a lot. Good sign.

Last edited by markus1234; 01-22-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #676
markus1234
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Thats our luck, there isnt any playoff team or contender out there this summer who has a need for Rondo...

Knicks - (players and coach) trash
Lakers - (players and coach) trash
Kings - (players and coach) trash and not enough cap without trades
...Rick will make a huge difference.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #677
endrity
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Rondo looked really happy on the bench yesterday. Joked with Parsons a lot. Good sign.
Yup, I saw that. Dirk as well. So much about Rondo and Dirk clashing, and Dirk pushing the microphone away from Parsons.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #678
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Knicks - trash
Lakers - trash
Kings - trash and not enough cap without trades
Houston is our only competition
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:45 AM   #679
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Houston is our only competition
Rondo's not gonna take less money (potentially significantly less, depending on Houston's cap situation then) to go to a comparably good team in the same state with a worse coach.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #680
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't think Howard would either...
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat