Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 09-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #681
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Pathfinder.

Just sad. Oh, so sad, sad, sad. Vikings. Ancient Native Americans. Oh, what coulda been. Sad, sad, sad.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #682
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Pathfinder.

Just sad. Oh, so sad, sad, sad. Vikings. Ancient Native Americans. Oh, what coulda been. Sad, sad, sad.
hahaha...you watched that?!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #683
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm a conan fan, so I've always got my eye out . But yeah, that was a little lower than disappointing.

Just got back from 3:10 to Yuma, though. Good stuff.
Anyone seen Seraphim Falls? Another pretty good western. Saw a preview for a turn of the century "oil boom" western starring Daniel Day Lewis. Looks good too.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #684
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

ack. 5 years of posting here and is this my first double post?

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 09-15-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:31 PM   #685
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
Pathfinder.

PATHFINDER! PATHFINDER! PATHFINDER! PATHFINDER!

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #686
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

not so much in my dvd player as on the comedy channel....

saving silverman....stupid funny.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #687
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

Capote
The Insider
Old 09-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #688
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Collateral

All i've heard for the past 3yrs is how great this movie was. And this is going to seem strange, but i just thought the movie was ok, but i think it was my favorite role by Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. Weird.

25th Hour

Solid. If you're familiar and/or like Spike Lee movies, it's spot on. Ed Norton is the man. Rosario Dawson looks good.

The Hunted

Good B movie.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #689
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Resident Evil and sequels on the tube.....

not the most intellectually stimulating movies ever made, but solid good fun sci fi--Mila Jovo is smoking....
Old 09-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #690
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13

The Hunted

Good B movie.
The thing about this movie is the trailor was actually better than the movie. Go look at it and tell me if you agree..
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #691
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Anchorman: The Ron Burgandy Story....

....there's something about the juxtaposition of Resident Evil, Ron Burgandy, and a few glasses of single malt scotch that's just hard to match....

edit: as good as Resident Evil and Ron Burgandy have been....Joel Olsteen and Scrubs has been even better......

Too often we bring home the pressures of the day and fill our home with the frustrations from the workspace....meanwhile, Turk has an eiffel tower in his pants....

argue with that if you dare.

Last edited by alexamenos; 09-16-2007 at 11:24 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:26 AM   #692
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

The Queen - I can see why the critics liked it.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #693
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelot_ark
The Queen - I can see why the critics liked it.
just watched it this week...and I know I liked it.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 09-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #694
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
The thing about this movie is the trailor was actually better than the movie. Go look at it and tell me if you agree..

Yeah, i agree. But then again, a lot of trailers end up being better than the movie. The movie wasn't that bad.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Old 09-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #695
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Just saw a screening of Jean-Luc Godard's "Contempt." May have been one of the top 10 movies I've ever seen.

Also just got in the mail my copies of The Office Season 3, The Wire Season 2, and Dexter Season 1. Still waiting on my Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVDs to get here.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #696
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Just saw a screening of Jean-Luc Godard's "Contempt." May have been one of the top 10 movies I've ever seen.

Also just got in the mail my copies of The Office Season 3, The Wire Season 2, and Dexter Season 1. Still waiting on my Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVDs to get here.
Enjoy the LOOOOONG deleted scenes from The Office season 3. Very good stuff.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #697
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

nvm

Last edited by Dirkgreatness; 09-24-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Dirkgreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:11 AM   #698
Nash13
Diamond Member

Good Luck Chuck!

This movie was funny. Lots of nudity even though i could've sworn it was pg-13. This sentence might be spoiler-ish, but you do get to see Jessica Alba topless, but you don't see nipples (i'm really not a perv).

I really didn't want to see it b/c i heard everything involving Dane Cook sucks, but friends dragged me to it. Besides Transformers, this is the only movie this year that's exceeded the low expectations i had. Even though it's getting bad reviews.

~The Salesman
Old 09-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #699
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

saw "The Departed" last night.

Overall I enjoyed it, but I think it could've been better with a few minor changes. Also I'm not at all sure it NEEDED to be 17 hours long.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #700
alexamenos
Diamond Member

300.....finally caught it. Not a bad movie. The extent to which the totalitarian/collectivists in Sparta were fighting for *freedom* is quite debatable, but the special effects were pretty cool.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #701
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

been catchin a flurrrrry..

unforgiven- dope. clint's always bad ass.
the fountain - beautifully sad or sadly beautiful. either way, dope.
the zodiac - ok. helps it's a true story. wish they stayed off the characters more and stayed on the plot a bit more. low payoff at the end.
science of sleep - a little rough but good intentions. still liked it.
pan's labyrinth - something about it was so close yet so far. loved the imagination angle and the little girl but didn't like ending.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:50 PM   #702
sike
The Preacha

transformers...I like it

Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #703
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

I've been spinning all my Wire discs lately. I'm midway through season 2. I can't wait until the final season starts.

Also watched The Saragossa Manuscript. Weird shit, but I kinda dug it.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #704
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Airheads.

yes.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #705
Nash13
Diamond Member

The Heartbreak Kid- not a good comedy. It had it's funny moments.

Black Snake Moan- a lot better than i thought it'd be. I thought it was going to be some silly movie, but it was good.

Black Sheep- not the Chris Farley one, but the only about crazy sheep. It really doesn't get any stranger than this movie.

Eastern Promises- fantastic. This and 3:10 to Yuma are probably the most well acted movies i've seen this year. Viggo and Watts give great performances. Violence is a little too graphic at times. And i don't particularly like looking at Viggo's schlong.

~The Salesman
Old 10-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #706
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

I saw the Pawnbroker last night (mid-60s movie, starring Rod Steiger).... really NOT the most uplifting movie! excuse me while I go slit my wrists. In addition to being really depressing material (hollocaust survivors that really just want to die), like a bunch of movies from around tht time period, the mthod of acting is also really to WAY over-act, as if it was a stage-play, rather than a movie (and you have to project whatever emotion you are trying to get across to the last row of the 4th balcony). I can deal with that, but it is not usually my favorite acting/producing method, although it really works well for some movies that are BASED on stage shows, and specifically playing it off, almost for camp value... like Chicago. (On the other hand, they tried that tack for "A Chorus Line".... which I personally think was the single worst movie ever made. Bar none.)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #707
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't watched Superbaby Geniuses 2.

I watched Butterfly on a Wheel AKA Shattered. Very interesting movie with Pierce Brosnan and Gerard Butler and Maria Bello.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #708
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Hannibal Rising -- the kind of movie that leaves you thinking:

"good lord this is stupid and I can't decide which is worse -- the acting or the storyline....is the movie ever going to end?"

if you're into that sort of thing you might really enjoy this movie.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 PM   #709
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Dancer in the Dark - one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #710
sike
The Preacha

Xfiles season 5

Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #711
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
Dancer in the Dark - one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen.
why?

Old 11-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #712
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Recently saw "The Last King of Scotland" - great performances by Forest Whitaker and James McAvoy. It's definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #713
alexamenos
Diamond Member

Amazing Grace

really good movie.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:29 PM   #714
Nash13
Diamond Member

The Mist.

Best horror film i've seen in a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time.

~The Salesman
Old 11-23-2007, 04:10 AM   #715
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Elite Squad..... kinda disappointed, it had the potential to be so much more. Just kinda fizzed out at the end there.

Superbad..... I don't get tired of this movie. Especially with the extended scenes.

No Country for Old Men..... I missed quite a bit of the dialog due to the accent Tommy Lee Jones was pulling out there (not a native speaker of English) but it was quite an awesome movie. I will have to rewatch it. Kept me on the edge of my seat for two hours.

Hitman........ bleh, not bad, not good, not....... nothing. I guess I was expecting it though.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:11 AM   #716
bernardos70
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
Recently saw "The Last King of Scotland" - great performances by Forest Whitaker and James McAvoy. It's definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it.
Agreed there, someone recommended it earlier on this thread. Amazing movie.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #717
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

Bern,

No Country was definitely awesome. Unfortunately, I've been to very few movies this year, but I liked it a lot.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:38 AM   #718
Nash13
Diamond Member

No Country for Old Men.

Fantastic. Bernardos, i'm from a place where accents come heavier than that, so it wasn't hard for me. But anyways, well written, very well acted. The guy who played Anton should win some kind of oscar for his performance.

1. No Country for Old Men
2. Grindhouse
3. Eastern Promises
4. 3:10 to Yuma
5. American Gangster

~The Salesman

Last edited by Nash13; 11-25-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:00 AM   #719
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Reminder:

New Futurama!!!!! Finally. On DVD on Tuesday.

"Bender's Big Score" It's the first of 4 full length feature films released on DVD. Please buy one. We need to get this show into production on TV again.

I cannot freaking wait until Tueday!!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 AM   #720
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

American Gangster: eh - good movie. Very typical cops and robbers. Kinda like what you'd expect if they'd taken the Starskey and Hutch movie in the dramatic direction.It did look like some of the most interesting part of the story happened after the movie ended - in the text that appears to let you know what happened to the real life characters

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?