Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #681
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That was you that took that pic of him in the Rangers hat?
Yup.
I saw him talking to Kidd for a while. He was also looking for some other players to talk to.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #682
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

I really won't believe tht D Will is a lock in Dallas until the summer or if he verbally commits to the Mavs after the trade deadline. I have been reading everywhere that a ton of GMs know exactly where D Will is going (DALLAS), but its hard to believe because the majority of the time there is no names attached to the GMs who believe this, besides GM T-Mac.

Everything does point to Dallas landing D Will as long as Howard doesn't end up in New Jersey.

I really can't wait for the trade deadline,postseason, and off season this year. Its gonna be an interesting one.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #683
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I have never seen these exact dates rumors be true but there is a rumor out there that dwight will be traded to LA on march 1rst that lakers also get jameer and hedo but they would trade both pau and bynum. Highly doubt this is true but weirder trades have happened.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #684
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
I really won't believe tht D Will is a lock in Dallas until the summer or if he verbally commits to the Mavs after the trade deadline. I have been reading everywhere that a ton of GMs know exactly where D Will is going (DALLAS), but its hard to believe because the majority of the time there is no names attached to the GMs who believe this, besides GM T-Mac.

Everything does point to Dallas landing D Will as long as Howard doesn't end up in New Jersey.

I really can't wait for the trade deadline,postseason, and off season this year. Its gonna be an interesting one.
GM's aren't going to attach their names to this, it is how "sources" work, they don't want Billy King to be mad at them or any of the crap that goes with saying something like this in public.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #685
4Dirk1Nowitzki

4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough4Dirk1Nowitzki is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
GM's aren't going to attach their names to this, it is how "sources" work, they don't want Billy King to be mad at them or any of the crap that goes with saying something like this in public.
very true
Old 02-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #686
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Idk if this has been posted, but it just gave me goosebumps:

Team 3D Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zEQo...e_gdata_player
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #687
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post

Team 3D Promo:

Very cool
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #688
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post

Team 3D Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkgylvDYA4
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #689
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

This thread is gonna break my heart.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #690
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
This thread is gonna break my heart.
Either that or we all need to change our underwear in the same moment.

I hope for #2
Old 02-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #691
sefant77
Guru

"And, allready sick of Avery? What, you didnt see this tall russian dude because he wasnt in NJ for months? And Jay-Z? Ah, just posing all the time instead of actually doing something...ok, see ya in the summer"

Old 02-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #692
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

^ I hope they got a chance to sit down and actually talk a bit during the weekend.

Last edited by endrity; 02-27-2012 at 04:54 AM.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #693
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are about to kiss.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #694
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dwight to Lakers imminent. Bynum/Gasol and freedom from Hedo supposedly did it.

and now the rumor is denied.

If the rumor mill is true, it means Hedo is the lynchpin and it would be a dealbreaker for us if we wanted D-Will. We also don't have that kind of talent to throw around. Let's hope Dwight makes it through the year or makes it to LA and walks this summer.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-27-2012 at 11:09 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #695
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Dwight and Deron can do what they want at the end of the season, right ? Nobody can force them to play for LAL or NJN. Even if Dwight gets traded or if Deron gets traded, they can still go to DAL next year.

This whole Dwight/Deron circus is a total waste of time. It is all about creating attention for the media and the clubs and making money with rumors and gossip. Same procedure as every year.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-27-2012 at 11:15 AM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #696
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

If the rumor mill is true, it means Hedo is the lynchpin and it would be a dealbreaker for us if we wanted D-Will. We also don't have that kind of talent to throw around. Let's hope Dwight makes it through the year or makes it to LA and walks this summer.
Was this rumor even reported as a rumor by any credible major outlet? I haven't seen it, and somehow I doubt it was.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #697
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

I don't know how much truth there is in this anyway.

But what is the incentive for Dwight to go and play in a team with an old Kobe, and without both of the other big men? There just isn't enough there to contend I think.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #698
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

That deal sounds horrible for the Lakers. If they accept it, it pretty much guarantees us Deron. Win-win.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #699
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
Dwight and Deron can do what they want at the end of the season, right ? Nobody can force them to play for LAL or NJN. Even if Dwight gets traded or if Deron gets traded, they can still go to DAL next year.

This whole Dwight/Deron circus is a total waste of time. It is all about creating attention for the media and the clubs and making money with rumors and gossip. Same procedure as every year.
Dude...dang...this is all driven by Dwight/deron. If they wanted to stay they would rep. You cannot expect the media to ignore two upper tier all stars talking about moving. The only thing that is a true waste of time is you posting that it is a waste of time and worse yet, me responding.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #700
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
I don't know how much truth there is in this anyway.

But what is the incentive for Dwight to go and play in a team with an old Kobe, and without both of the other big men? There just isn't enough there to contend I think.
It's la man. I think folks forget how enticing la is for a multimillionaire.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #701
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
It's la man. I think folks forget how enticing la is for a multimillionaire that can afford a helicopter to fly over traffic during rush hour.
Clarified your post.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #702
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Clarified your post.
I lol'ed. Good stuff.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #703
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
Clarified your post.
Well..that too. Or to fly over lbj during rush hour.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #704
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Dude...dang...this is all driven by Dwight/deron. If they wanted to stay they would rep. You cannot expect the media to ignore two upper tier all stars talking about moving. The only thing that is a true waste of time is you posting that it is a waste of time and worse yet, me responding.
Yes, if they wanted to stay they would say it loud and clear.

And if they wanted to get traded, they would demand a trade in march.

Both scenarios did not happen. And why ? because...

Dwight and Deron do not want to get traded, but they also do not want to stay in NJ and ORL.

It's that simple. They want to become free agents and then decide where to go.

BTW watch this

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/al...oward_intw.nba

2:13min

Look how "enthusiastic" and "exited" Dwight was about being Ryan Anderson's batman, lol.

Last edited by markus1234; 02-27-2012 at 12:16 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #705
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post

Lakers wont trade for Howard without him signing an extension with the trade.

If Howard get traded to the Lakers he is gone and signed up there.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #706
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Nope, Howard can't sign a full money extension. He might verbally agree to re-sign, but no matter where he is at the end of this season, he's going to opt out and become a free agent.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #707
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

That is the only way they even offer Bynum and Gasol in my opinion. No way they offer any more than Gasol if there isn't at least a verbal agreement.

I figure if a trade happens it would be our responsibility to embarass the crap out of the Lakers in the playoffs in the hopes that Howard sees that he's actually worse off in the West on the Lakers so he pulls a Boozer on LA. (admittedly only a half Boozer because its player option)

Realistically though its a very hesitant game of cat and mouse. The teams that Howard will re-sign with all prefer to keep their talent and hope to pick him up in the offseason for cap space. No one wants to deplete their roster to grab a guy that will only re-sign with a winner. Everyone that can sign him wants to secure him ASAP but also doesn't want to give anything up. The only exception is the Lakers who will not have the cap space. If they get Howard, its going to be through trade and it will be interesting to see just what it takes to get Howard and what the team will look like after the trade. If it costs Bynum, Gasol and 2012/2014 picks, that team will look anemic with an aging Kobe and not much else.

I am not as confident as most people on here about our chances with Howard, but I definitely see a lot of trade buzz happening over the next 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-27-2012 at 02:05 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #708
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Howard does have a player option.

He could do what Paul did to secure a trade to where he wants to go. No extension but opt in for an extra year. The team trading for Howard then feels more secure and gives up the significant and necessary assets even though there is no extension on the table.

Hopefully Dirk did a little talking but I'm happy the weekend is over. Now it's back to the GMs and agents throwing stuff out there.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 02-27-2012 at 02:07 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #709
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping for the Lowry/Scola-Gasol swap.

I think it makes the Lakers a more balanced team, and potentially more dangerous, but they lose out in talent and so it hamstrings them for future moves.

Houston would likely remain first-round fodder.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #710
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I'm hoping for the Lowry/Scola-Gasol swap.

I think it makes the Lakers a more balanced team, and potentially more dangerous, but they lose out in talent and so it hamstrings them for future moves.

Houston would likely remain first-round fodder.
Houston covets Gasol but their is almost no way they trade Lowry more likely is Dragic. Lowry is a top 10 PG in the league only getting better he is one of best perimeter defenders, is the best guard rebounder, very good passer, and decent three point shooter, basically the only thing he lacks is a mid range game.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:35 PM   #711
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Yup.
I saw him talking to Kidd for a while. He was also looking for some other players to talk to.
Kidd was Williams' idol growing up. Now they're both into golf.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #712
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Houston covets Gasol but their is almost no way they trade Lowry more likely is Dragic. Lowry is a top 10 PG in the league only getting better he is one of best perimeter defenders, is the best guard rebounder, very good passer, and decent three point shooter, basically the only thing he lacks is a mid range game.
I think Lowry is dope but Gasol remains leaps and bounds above Lowry. Much easier to find a top 10 PG than a top 3 PF.

Plus, McHale has a hard on for Gasol.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #713
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Dirk1Nowitzki View Post
I don't think there would ever, in any scenario, be names attached to GMs making those sorts of speculative comments. That's a strange thing to pine for.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #714
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Orlando working to get Nash:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Trade_For_Nash
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #715
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Granted there is some history there (VC trade) but they got nothing for Phoenix. Maybe eight first rounders?

Phoenix has absolutely nothing left for the season if they lose Nash.

Old 02-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #716
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds good to me. Keeps Dwight in Orlando til the summer but probably not beyond, gives Nashty a chance to legitimately compete in the playoffs

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #717
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It really just boils down to Nash saying he wants out. I find it hard to believe that he'll actually do that.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #718
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

I just think at some point Phoenix has to listen. They need to make a serious run now to even get close to the playoff picture. They might wanna package Childress with Nash and Orlando would have to find another team to add youth and valuable picks to the deal.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #719
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I think Lowry is dope but Gasol remains leaps and bounds above Lowry. Much easier to find a top 10 PG than a top 3 PF.

Plus, McHale has a hard on for Gasol.
Lowry is 3 times cheaper than Pau and only going to get better, Pau meanwhile is at his peak and only going to get worse while making almost 20 mill a year till 2014 its obvious Houston wants him but they aren't going to trade a cheap franchise PG for him.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #720
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Lowry is 3 times cheaper than Pau and only going to get better, Pau meanwhile is at his peak and only going to get worse while making almost 20 mill a year till 2014 its obvious Houston wants him but they aren't going to trade a cheap franchise PG for him.
Everybody knows the age and salary arguments but the Lakers would say no before the Rockets do.

In the summer, the Lakers were pretty much only giving up Pau to get Paul. The Rockets were giving up Scola, Kevin Martin, Dragic and a first for Pau. If Lowry for Pau came up, Lakers might say no, Rockets would say hell yes.

There are only so many skilled talented All-Star big men in the league. Lowry is a cheap price to get one.

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight